Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » [Dark Knight] Scarlet Delirium
[Dark Knight] Scarlet Delirium
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-09-03 18:04:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Returner's info is correct. As things stand right now it's an incredibly disappointing JA.

I want to pretend this is a shocking Revelation, but really... it's not.

If I'm reading this right, this is a "one hit" kind of thing then? Basically a "I cut my self" sneak attack of sorts?
 Ragnarok.Lugat
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jar
By Ragnarok.Lugat 2011-09-03 18:12:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said: »
Returner's info is correct. As things stand right now it's an incredibly disappointing JA.

I want to pretend this is a shocking Revelation, but really... it's not.

If I'm reading this right, this is a "one hit" kind of thing then? Basically a "I cut my self" sneak attack of sorts?
not like sneak attack where in the boost lasts for a whole min

Bad because when you take damage in the "Charge" form of this ability you have to take ALL the damage in 1 hit or it will suck

like pop ability get hit for 20 than you deal 1% more damage fro a min kind of thing..
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-09-03 18:25:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like I might as well not even start playing again after this patch. I've seen nothing but disappointment from the Test Server infos so far. All Grind Content without any fun to back it up, I refuse to take a *** up the *** and keep playing Ninja, despite being able to solo-tank Bukhis or Alfard to progress Empyrean weapons, I just plain don't have any fun when I'm on that job for more than ten minutes.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-09-03 18:27:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said: »

Doesn't sound that bad really. Not as great as anticipated, but still.
As it's designed now, we'd probably get better mileage out of a lower bonus if they let it charge for a certain amount of time (or extended the duration and allowed the potency to increase based on our damage taken during that time). Right now you'd be lucky to get more than a 10% increase in damage (3% overall) out of the JA per use unless you're holding the JA for high damage magic or TP moves, in which case frequency is reduced and you may still end up with a low overall boost. That's assuming it's even possible/permissible to properly capitalize on the ability in a given fight. Given the risky playstyle this JA promotes, we could do with a substantially higher boost (and DRK needs a good buff anyway).
By volkom 2011-09-03 19:12:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said: »

Doesn't sound that bad really. Not as great as anticipated, but still.
As it's designed now, we'd probably get better mileage out of a lower bonus if they let it charge for a certain amount of time (or extended the duration and allowed the potency to increase based on our damage taken during that time). Right now you'd be lucky to get more than a 10% increase in damage (3% overall) out of the JA per use unless you're holding the JA for high damage magic or TP moves, in which case frequency is reduced and you may still end up with a low overall boost. That's assuming it's even possible/permissible to properly capitalize on the ability in a given fight. Given the risky playstyle this JA promotes, we could do with a substantially higher boost (and DRK needs a good buff anyway).
from the test server. any info when using onyx gear when you take a hit?
Server: Asura
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2011-09-03 19:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Go over there and show them your distaste.

Not that they look at NA or EU player's feedback, but make a big enough ruckus and you'll get heard.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-03 19:18:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Leonlionheart said: »
Go over there and show them your distaste.

Not that they look at NA or EU player's feedback, but make a big enough ruckus and you'll get heard.
Not on a weekend though :|
 Ragnarok.Beef
user: beeeeef
By Ragnarok.Beef 2011-09-03 19:43:12
Link | Quote | Reply

so does that mean any dmg or just dmg from the targeted mob? like you can pop the JA right when NM is about to do a big move but some normal mob aggro's u and hits u for 20 and *** your attack?
 Ragnarok.Returner
user: Nameless
By Ragnarok.Returner 2011-09-03 20:02:47
Link | Quote | Reply

yes, any hit from any mob. So if you pop it and some low lvl mob hit you for 10 damage, you are done for for 1 minute.

I mean, I can see this JA being somewhat useful if you are not purposely taking unnecessary damage, and just let the flow of the fight dictates it. I am sure you will eat an AoE here and there, or taken hit from NM here and there and it will be good, but this is not the game changing JA that the DRKs have been waiting for. If anything, it is somewhat too passive, you are waiting to get hit to be able to deal extra damage.
[+]
 Cerberus.Goshtin
user: goshtin
By Cerberus.Goshtin 2011-09-04 07:33:33
Link | Quote | Reply

is this a JA or a spell like dread spikes?

because spikes isnt practical for ***anymore
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-09-04 08:25:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Goshtin said: »
is this a JA or a spell like dread spikes? because spikes isnt practical for ***anymore

JA - 180 seconds to take a hit (1 hit) then 1 min of bonus.
 Asura.Tawhoya
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2011-09-04 13:18:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn. I expected more out of this. I wanted something like perfect counter or retaliation for the dmg boost effect. 1 hit decided buff doesn't do much of ***. Why is it that they continue to screw up abilities that hold great potential?
[+]
 Pandemonium.Anookulchandra
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2011-09-04 16:32:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh gotta get plasteron set... and make another new *** ws build while this effect is up.. -inventory space go go.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-09-04 16:34:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Anookulchandra said: »
and make another new *** ws build while this effect is up..
?
[+]
By Artemicion 2011-09-04 16:36:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Anookulchandra said: »
and make another new *** ws build while this effect is up.. -inventory space go go.

Why would you need to?
It's a direct enhancement to damage dealt, not an alteration to an existing formula.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2011-09-05 23:48:15
Link | Quote | Reply

This JA sounds like suicide....
[+]
By volkom 2011-09-06 00:03:06
Link | Quote | Reply

should've just given us a TP bonus JA and not this crap . . .
 Bismarck.Pawnskipper
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Pawnskipper 2011-09-06 13:45:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ballox to the max.

Had so much hope for this JA. Now its watered down. If they were going to do a single hit to determine the dmg added, they should have made the JA negate the next attack then convert the dmg that would have been taken.
 Asura.Tawhoya
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2011-09-06 17:14:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so to anyone who can, please post complaints on the official forums. Apparently they did a kick *** job with Bully making a stupid ability fkn hot! They can do the same with this too!
 Asura.Planet
user: Jovant
By Asura.Planet 2011-09-06 18:15:26
Link | Quote | Reply

question: even with the ability up u still take the damage that one hit will produce right? & get the boost afterwards?

if so why would one switch to onyx gear? yes, it would create the highest possible outcome to maximize getting close to cap 49% but wouldn’t you just increase the chances of dying? thus you wouldn’t even receive the offensive trait after that one KO attack?

(for obvious reasons… if you don’t take damage when the ability is up, above question is null & void)

edit: im not a drk so idk, please enlighten me
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-09-07 02:03:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Because we have the mental capacity to macro out said gear before a lethal TP move and if necessary not use the gear at all for a given fight.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-09-07 03:23:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Xeth said: »
This is such a let-down. I thought this new DRK ability was going to be a decent boost, as it stands it's practically the worst idea ever if I'm reading this correctly.

No, it's not Ternary Flourish on a shared timer with Climactic Flourish, so it's not the worst idea ever.
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
Server: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-09-13 03:17:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Or down.

*** BLU.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-09-13 04:28:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Asymptotic said: »
Asura.Xeth said: »
This is such a let-down. I thought this new DRK ability was going to be a decent boost, as it stands it's practically the worst idea ever if I'm reading this correctly.

No, it's not Ternary Flourish on a shared timer with Climactic Flourish, so it's not the worst idea ever.

This is so true, it made me so emo the cycle reset over and I'm going to level PUP now.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [97 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Lillica
Server: Sylph
user: Lillica
By Sylph.Lillica 2011-12-19 03:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

maybe... i had this thought.. it raises mag att, so its designed to give you a drain boost after getting whacked with a good aoe. it was raising my drains by 150 and drain 2 by an equal amount when i was playing around with it in aby. Needs more testing but i figured i would toss this idea out there.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-12-19 03:47:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Lillica said: »
maybe... i had this thought.. it raises mag att, so its designed to give you a drain boost after getting whacked with a good aoe. it was raising my drains by 150 and drain 2 by an equal amount when i was playing around with it in aby. Needs more testing but i figured i would toss this idea out there.

Magic attack bonus and magic defense bonus do not affect drain.
 Phoenix.Cathaldus
user: DanielH
By Phoenix.Cathaldus 2011-12-19 04:29:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Urteil said: »
Sylph.Lillica said: »

Magic attack bonus and magic defense bonus do not affect drain.

Wasn't the JA supposed to just increase damage proportionally. Not just dump MAB onto it.

In theory if it worked like they claimed it would then it'd act similar to the affinity staffs.
 Cerberus.Detzu
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2011-12-23 12:36:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Scarlet Delirium increases your melee dmg for sure for what i saw. Maybe your WS dmg, however i can't say that i noticed any remarkable change for this.