Corsair Job Adjustments - Answers To User Suggest.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Corsair Job Adjustments - Answers to User Suggest.
Corsair Job Adjustments - Answers to User Suggest.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-08-17 17:10:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Corrinth said: »
Asura.Solara said: »
QD is 45 seconds with max merits + Mirke augment. Augmented Blood Mask can get another -5 QDD for a 40 second delay, which would be amazing.

Hate when information like this is only on BG >_>. If I was better at Editing/creating tables I'd add it to the others as it took me forever to find it. I do have a new aspiration now though, thanks. Perfect for light and dark shots where damage doesn't matter.

It would likely beat out AF hat on damage too just because you'd be able to fire off more shots.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-08-17 17:12:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Hiku said: »
I can understand situational use of melee on COR, I just didn't understand that comment I read "Also It's obvious why shooting for TP is ineffective vs the speed of meleeing for TP and running back for the WS" when I dont think that meleeing for TP makes shooting ineffective at all.

I agree that in the current game environment shooting is more effective than melee when taken in context.

I think part of the thing is, as I've said a few times in this thread, you've got to be fluid with corsair and understand no one of these things is the way to go all the time.

In all my wordiness thusfar, that's really all I'm trying to get across. If you're stuck in any one set way of doing something and not able to do a lot of things on demand as the situation requires, you're not getting the most from the job.
 Seraph.Corrinth
Server: Seraph
user: Corrinth
By Seraph.Corrinth 2011-08-17 17:24:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Seraph.Corrinth said: »
Asura.Solara said: »
QD is 45 seconds with max merits + Mirke augment. Augmented Blood Mask can get another -5 QDD for a 40 second delay, which would be amazing.

Hate when information like this is only on BG >_>. If I was better at Editing/creating tables I'd add it to the others as it took me forever to find it. I do have a new aspiration now though, thanks. Perfect for light and dark shots where damage doesn't matter.

It would likely beat out AF hat on damage too just because you'd be able to fire off more shots.

On a Per mob basis, I can't imagine anything living long enough for the benefits of shorter time to outweigh the hats damage. On an event basis is where the mask may shine, but then you run the risk of wasting damage if you aren't QDing exactly at 40s. Where the mask will probably win out all the time, is QD solo. 40s QD's are beastly when your only source of damage is QD.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-08-17 18:03:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
On a Per mob basis, I can't imagine anything living long enough for the benefits of shorter time to outweigh the hats damage. On an event basis is where the mask may shine, but then you run the risk of wasting damage if you aren't QDing exactly at 40s. Where the mask will probably win out all the time, is QD solo. 40s QD's are beastly when your only source of damage is QD.

7/10 times I'm the only one doing damage when I'm on corsair. I personally would get great benefit from it.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-08-17 23:54:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said: »
Was dual wield inappropriate for corsair based on how delay combinations functioned together with multiple hit weapons like Joyeuse and M.Kris?

Also It's obvious why shooting for TP is ineffective vs the speed of meleeing for TP and running back for the WS. However, does it still hold a place in terms of incremental TP gain at a safe distance as to avoid AOE and whatnot? I remember shooting for TP in exp parties back in the day and it saved a lot of MP not being part of the damage equation for the healers depending on the mob of course. Hopefully this also applies to endgame to a degree.

Dual wielding is appropriate if your main WS is Evi in Abyssea to get extra offhand hit/DPS for WS.

If you're in Nyzul/Einherjar/limbus/dyna/Salvage, those mobs probably die in 3~5 sec nowadays with today's DD power, you're not gonna get ANY TP at all without regain if you're using a vulcan's staff, since guns takes 8 sec to fire. So melee still gets TP faster against those mobs.

If you're in Abyssea, not using vulcan's means you're losing nearly 1k WS dmg, therefore melee weapon is not worth it IMO.

If you're doing higher lv NMs such as VWNM, shooting is much better to avoid eating AoE dmg.

Shooting is certainly useful, just when mobs die fast its hard to get TP with it. In situations when mobs don't die that fast it's not really that bad with higher WS dmg and QD.
By Artemicion 2011-08-18 00:17:02
Link | Quote | Reply

So I've more or less narrowed it down to shooting and vulcan's staff having the greater benefit in terms of safety, damage and TP gain when mobs are alive long enough to justify using the gun, or dangerous enough to avoid being part of the damage equation.

Meleeing seem to be narrowed down to the fodder of combat where safety isn't a problem and mobs go down with relative ease. Along with ease of providing rolls to the necessary parties without time or distance struggles.
However, I can certainly see the direct benefits of subbing samurai for hasso/meditate/vulcan bonus for both ranged and WS use over /nin or /dnc for self preservation and/or weapon functionality. Strangely single handed option seems to be the choice regardless of having DW available or not.

Not playing COR for nearly 3 years now kinda made me derp, especially having little to no knowledge of how the game is now with Abyssea and all.

I'm also curious in what time frame does a 5 second reduction make up for or exceed the damage bonus from whatever the most prominent QD bonus is now.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-08-18 07:34:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I'm also curious in what time frame does a 5 second reduction make up for or exceed the damage bonus from whatever the most prominent QD bonus is now.

The AF hat adds +5 base damage to your QD (essentially like adding +5 damage to your gun).

I can't imagine that dropping five seconds won't make up for the damage loss. Obviously this only matters if you're QD’ing as soon as the timer’s up, but I know for me that’s pretty much always the case. At the very least it’s the best piece out there for sleep/dispel.

The basic math comes out to (I believe) 13.3~ QDs per 10 minutes with Mirke/merits/AF hat vs. 15 per 10 minutes with Mirke/merits/augmented Blood Mask. Which is, essentially one extra QD per 10 minutes. Therefore, as long as the damage drop isn’t more than…7.5’ish percent of your QD from the +5 base damage loss (which it shouldn’t be) over the course of 10 minutes you will do more damage.

Someone double check my math on that, especially the damage percentage. I am neither an expert at game equations nor able to solidly check my numbers at this moment and Luzaf knows I could certainly be pulling a number or two from my rear that isn’t appropriate at all.

But while my math may be off, I’m fairly certain the premise remains correct.

Edit: I will admit that stylistically, I despise losing my hat if this is indeed the way it maths out. I always enjoyed having my original tricorne on me, felt...right. But being a better, more resourceful pirate is always the priority.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [327 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-07-10 03:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Okipuit;335234 said:
Greetings,

I have some feedback to share in regards to some of the suggestions in this thread for changing the functionality of Omphalos bullet.

While we understand that players are concerned about accidentally misfiring this item, unfortunately it is not possible to make so that it cannot be fired, such as certain throwing weapons that cannot be used, as it would also render it impossible to use Quick Draw with it.

The main reason why the Patriarch Protector’s arrow and Iron Musketeer's bolt was converted to the Combat Caster’s quiver/Iron Musketeer's quiver, which could be used to dispense ammo once every 168 hours, was to improve the situation where conquest points could not be spent on other items due to the need to replenish ammunition. As you may recall, it was quite difficult to earn conquest points at the time we introduced these quivers.

We understand that obtaining an Omphalos bullet is certainly not easy, but the high stats were set based on that factor and our stance is for players to take caution when changing out ammo, so we do not have plans of changing this.
Can't say I didn't expect it.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Server: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-07-10 03:21:56
Link | Quote | Reply

So they can't just like make an omphalus bullet pouch with a timer? Bummer
[+]
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2012-07-10 05:36:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Okipuit;335234 said:
Greetings,

I have some feedback to share in regards to some of the suggestions in this thread for changing the functionality of Omphalos bullet.

While we understand that players are concerned about accidentally misfiring this item, unfortunately it is not possible to make so that it cannot be fired, such as certain throwing weapons that cannot be used, as it would also render it impossible to use Quick Draw with it.

The main reason why the Patriarch Protector’s arrow and Iron Musketeer's bolt was converted to the Combat Caster’s quiver/Iron Musketeer's quiver, which could be used to dispense ammo once every 168 hours, was to improve the situation where conquest points could not be spent on other items due to the need to replenish ammunition. As you may recall, it was quite difficult to earn conquest points at the time we introduced these quivers.

We understand that obtaining an Omphalos bullet is certainly not easy, but the high stats were set based on that factor and our stance is for players to take caution when changing out ammo, so we do not have plans of changing this.
Can't say I didn't expect it.
Until the time SE takes their heads out their ***, people will continue to use third party tools (Spellcast in this case).

Never fired mine, never will, spellcast ftw. *** SE.
[+]
 Asura.Hotsoups
Server: Asura
user: Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-07-10 22:26:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Fired mine the other day. Long PW fight and wasn't eyeballing my remaining ammo.

Luckily I had a spare on my mule! Fired that one immedietely, first wildfire out of the gates, forgot to pop my bullet pouch.

Fk that bullet, I'm getting spellcast.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2012-07-10 22:35:30
Link | Quote | Reply

They really should of came out with a Omph. Bullet Pouch/belt that would of been on 1/1 charged and upon use it gets recharged for either 1 hour to 12 hours at the very least, I have yet to get one myself but seen 5+ hekas in my own pool and still haven't seen the bullet
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-07-10 22:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly think that the development team just expects us to use spellcast, at this point.

Game is nigh unplayable to any degree of proficiency without it.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-07-10 22:47:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
I honestly think that the development team just expects us to use spellcast, at this point.

I've heard that WoW adapts their updates to 3rd party programs, I wouldn't doubt that FFXI has been for many many years already.

How else do you explain equipment used to improve a single spell.
 Asura.Daleterrence
Server: Asura
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2012-07-10 22:52:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
Fenrir.Sylow said: »

I've heard that WoW adapts their updates to 3rd party programs, I wouldn't doubt that FFXI has been for many many years already.

How else do you explain equipment used to improve a single spell.

Typically they don't, to be honest. Most of the time Blizzard will just update the game and it's down to the addon's individual developers to find a work around if Blizzard broke it.

(Though they can, and have outright broke addons beyond repair before now)
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-07-10 23:08:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Quote:

The AF hat adds +5 base damage to your QD (essentially like adding +5 damage to your gun).

I can't imagine that dropping five seconds won't make up for the damage loss. Obviously this only matters if you're QD’ing as soon as the timer’s up, but I know for me that’s pretty much always the case. At the very least it’s the best piece out there for sleep/dispel.

The basic math comes out to (I believe) 13.3~ QDs per 10 minutes with Mirke/merits/AF hat vs. 15 per 10 minutes with Mirke/merits/augmented Blood Mask. Which is, essentially one extra QD per 10 minutes. Therefore, as long as the damage drop isn’t more than…7.5’ish percent of your QD from the +5 base damage loss (which it shouldn’t be) over the course of 10 minutes you will do more damage.

Someone double check my math on that, especially the damage percentage. I am neither an expert at game equations nor able to solidly check my numbers at this moment and Luzaf knows I could certainly be pulling a number or two from my rear that isn’t appropriate at all.

But while my math may be off, I’m fairly certain the premise remains correct.

Edit: I will admit that stylistically, I despise losing my hat if this is indeed the way it maths out. I always enjoyed having my original tricorne on me, felt...right. But being a better, more resourceful pirate is always the priority.

I always got Thaumas hat coming ahead for Quick Draw, but admittedly it could be the targets I was defining (versus AF hat, Blood Mask is a clear winner in my opinion).