Beastmaster best gear set
First Page 2 3 4
 Phoenix.Blonde
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Blonde
By Phoenix.Blonde 2011-07-19 01:13:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I've just leveled my bst, and I would like some advice on the best gear to have at level 90. Doesn't seem to be a lot of gear out there.
I'm really enjoying this job and would like some advice. I'm very interested in fighting NM's solo on this job.
 Shiva.Galbir
Server: Shiva
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2011-07-19 01:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Pet tanking while you're engaged:

2x pdt axes and a haste/pdt auged helm.

Pet doing all the work(Under Dg latent if not then use Shepherd's Chain/Oneiros Cappa.):

2x pdt axes, haste/pdt auged helm, and body auged for pet.

Reward:

The goal here should be to reach the 50% cap then add as much mnd as possible.

General tp:

If you have dusk gloves+1 you can use those and drop perle for af+2 feet.

Rampage:

Also a killer bow will work nicely for dding. It will add 1% damage while wearing af body+1/2
 Phoenix.Blonde
By Phoenix.Blonde 2011-07-19 01:29:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you
 Shiva.Galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2011-07-19 01:30:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Np if you need to know anything else just ask. :)
 Bahamut.Alukat
Server: Bahamut
user: Alukat
By Bahamut.Alukat 2011-07-19 01:49:55
Link | Quote | Reply

suzaku's sune-ate can give up to 3 haste and additional pet magic eva+5, they are better as perle, but can take a while to get the 3% haste.

Edit2: Armada mufflers can get up to 4% haste and dex+6 via synergy. combined with the acc+5 att+11 they are better as ocelot.
 Shiva.Galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2011-07-19 01:52:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Alukat said:
suzaku's sune-ate can give up to 3 haste and additional pet magic eva+5, they are better as perle, but can take a while to get the 3% haste.
Aye but it's better to just not have to wear haste on the feet slot all together though.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-19 01:52:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Can use perle or aurore gloves in your TP set to still cap since it's at 27%.
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2011-07-19 02:08:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Since this thread is asking about best gear and I didn't see any others answering this question, but what is the ideal Cloudsplitter set, and what's the best offhand axe for Farsha?
 Phoenix.Blonde
By Phoenix.Blonde 2011-07-19 16:52:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm starting the trial weapons now! thanks for all the help. I'll be busy for awhile now trying to build up all me gear. :)
 Asura.Atharia
Server: Asura
By Asura.Atharia 2011-07-19 17:30:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Stefanos said:
Since this thread is asking about best gear and I didn't see any others answering this question, but what is the ideal Cloudsplitter set, and what's the best offhand axe for Farsha?

I'd go with Occ. 2-4 Offhand magian Trial. Granted, you'd be pulling alot of hate but then again, that's what snarl's for if you prefer your pet to tank. Not to mention with the above sets in Galbir's Post, if it makes sense to you to switch axe's in the middle of a fight (which for survivability of the solo BST, it should) You are going to want a fast way to accumulate TP when you switch from reward Axe's x2. But that's just my opinion. BST play style varies from player to player.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-07-19 17:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Cloudsplitter:

You could wind up changing the neck for Uggalepih, but I also use the oneiros ring now, making it irritating to swap gear to activate the latent.

Moonshade is TP Bonus and MAB(Or ATK, but TP bonus will beat any MAB earring out there)

Tassets are MAB, MACC which is nice as they will double up for Wildfire/Quick draw.
 Asura.Atharia
Server: Asura
By Asura.Atharia 2011-07-19 17:52:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
LOL beat me to it... was making the exact same set.

As for the rings, You'll probably want to go all out with Aquasoul +7Mnd rather than Aqua+5Mnd +2STR, since you'll more than likely be using it in your Reward set up. Maximizing the potential of both.
 Leviathan.Gotterdammerung
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Gotterdammerung 2011-07-19 18:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

For Brew:
dual wield

single wield

for things you already possess natural killer rate for sub a dual wield sub and use set #1

For undead sub pld
for demon sub sam
for arcana sub drk
for drg sub drg

For both sets use lion blinding horn and smiting blow for atmas.

Use killer instinct with the proper pet out for the dual wield situations,
And use the proper circle ability for the single wield situations.

In set #1 the renauds is augmented with +100 tp bonus and goes in the offhand.

in the #2 set the moonshade has mab and tp bonus

in both set the desultor tassets have mab and macc
the demon rings both augmented with mab 3 from tahrongi gold chests.

There are several open slots. These can be filled with specific killer gear if it matches wat your going after. Example: if you were going to brew Bennu you could macro in melaco mittens to your dual wield brew set.

They can also be filled with random Mab augments you might have on gear. Str and Mnd bumps wont effect the damage on your brewed cloudsplitter.

P.S. for primal rend the same concept works just switch out the thunder gorget/belt for soil.

Use TP +100 renauds +2 and tatami for single
and renauds +1 +10% ws dmg/ tp +100 renauds +2 for dual wield.

and switch atmas to atma of the beyond, atma of the smiting blow and atma the ultimate (or hells guardian).
 Phoenix.Blonde
By Phoenix.Blonde 2011-07-19 18:49:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm actually really liking all the advice, especially since I'm really only starting out on this job but truly enjoying it. With all the different suggestions once I figure out how I like to play I will be able to choose what's best for my style.
 Odin.Valdor
Server: Odin
user: Valdor
By Odin.Valdor 2011-07-19 22:49:25
Link | Quote | Reply

It's another Canadian!
 Fenrir.Calamity
Server: Fenrir
user: Calamity
By Fenrir.Calamity 2011-07-20 01:21:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, that's a very interesting idea I hadn't thought of. Does the TP Bonus from Renaud's actually carry over to the main hand? I had been lead to believe it only applied to the weapon it's on. If it does carry over it's an unbeatable mate for Farsha brew mode... but sadly it also means I suddenly have a lot of mobs to kill -.-
 Shiva.Msthief
user: Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-07-20 01:31:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Tp bonus +100 stuff does carry over to the mainhand, whereas "tp bonus" weapons do not.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-07-20 01:35:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Serious question here... Wouldn't the AF+1 pants do well instead of MAB+4? Cuz they have the killer effect bonus on them. Doesn't the killer effects give an added bonus when paired with AF3+2 body?
By Leviathan.Gotterdammerung 2011-07-20 01:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Calamity said:
Wow, that's a very interesting idea I hadn't thought of. Does the TP Bonus from Renaud's actually carry over to the main hand? I had been lead to believe it only applied to the weapon it's on. If it does carry over it's an unbeatable mate for Farsha brew mode... but sadly it also means I suddenly have a lot of mobs to kill -.-

I wouldn't post it if i didnt know for sure.

Tp +100 from magian does work in offhand.

Martial however, does not.

And skills like Warding circle, killer instinct, ect ect do add 15% dmg boost for 1 min on ur brew. Since you usually are holding the brew timer in a NPC or a chest while the monster is being popped pulled and triggered, you usually can keep it up the whole 3 minutes. I find it useful for keeping rough tabs on how much brew i have left as well.

Also ferine gausape +2's % dmg increase based on killer traits does work if u gain the killer trait from a sub. I.E. Bst/drg with ferine gausape +2 hits dragons just as hard as he hits plantiods.
With killer merits and killer trait gear added in on your brew it makes a noticable difference.
By Leviathan.Gotterdammerung 2011-07-20 01:44:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Serious question here... Wouldn't the AF+1 pants do well instead of MAB+4? Cuz they have the killer effect bonus on them. Doesn't the killer effects give an added bonus when paired with AF3+2 body?

Basically, at this moment the AF pants are glitchy and not adding the proper bonus. IT has been reported to the dev team.

Until its fixed your better off using the reliable MAB 4 pants.

At the moment, it works sometimes and then other times doesn't.
 Fenrir.Calamity
Server: Fenrir
user: Calamity
By Fenrir.Calamity 2011-07-20 01:47:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you. Today I learned something new. I was in fact thinking of the martial weapons, I didn't realize the two traits worked differently. Now I have a new axe to make
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-07-20 01:48:32
Link | Quote | Reply

ahh ok Gotter...they are glitched, but my question did hold weight :P Good... my bst is so low, but I was curious on this matter.. I MIGHT take the job up in aby, because it still is a great solo job
By Leviathan.Gotterdammerung 2011-07-20 01:52:43
Link | Quote | Reply

If they get fixed it will represent 1% damage.

So basically just have to decide is 1% more damage for you than 4 mab?

Considering brew gives 900 mab it probably is better to go with the killer.

But right now they brokded.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2011-07-20 10:21:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't feel like this was worth a new thread -

As far as the beast bazubands go, how many kills did it take people to get them to drop? I thought because of the obscene time frame would be a high drop rate. thx in advance for your answers
 Bahamut.Zangada
user: zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2011-07-20 10:40:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said:
I didn't feel like this was worth a new thread -

As far as the beast bazubands go, how many kills did it take people to get them to drop? I thought because of the obscene time frame would be a high drop rate. thx in advance for your answers

I think it was 4 or 5, its wasnt too bad. That was solo with dipper.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2011-07-20 10:40:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zangada said:
Siren.Mosin said:
I didn't feel like this was worth a new thread - As far as the beast bazubands go, how many kills did it take people to get them to drop? I thought because of the obscene time frame would be a high drop rate. thx in advance for your answers

thx again
 Sylph.Kollosis
Server: Sylph
user: Kollosis
By Sylph.Kollosis 2011-07-20 12:11:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm glad i saw this thread before making a new one asking about a Cloudsplitter set lol.. been having trouble with it. Anyways this is what i use on BST:

TP:

Rampage:

I know +2 hands will win, but i've been lacking the motivation to get hand seals ><

Pet tanking:

Reward:

You SHOULD have more than this, but i would say this is the essentials. Just throw MND in all the blank spots, @50% reward potency cap with this.
 Sylph.Kollosis
Server: Sylph
user: Kollosis
By Sylph.Kollosis 2011-07-25 16:35:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said:
Bahamut.Zangada said:
Siren.Mosin said:
I didn't feel like this was worth a new thread - As far as the beast bazubands go, how many kills did it take people to get them to drop? I thought because of the obscene time frame would be a high drop rate. thx in advance for your answers

thx again

Btw idk if you noticed but iirc the real respawn is about 24 hours not 42 as posted on wiki.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2011-07-25 16:57:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I
Sylph.Kollosis said:
Siren.Mosin said:
Bahamut.Zangada said:
Siren.Mosin said:
thx again
Btw idk if you noticed but iirc the real respawn is about 24 hours not 42 as posted on wiki.

thanks a lot on this, I saw the conflicting info, & didn't know wtf was going on. I based my searching on the 42 hour pop >.< I'm 0/1 atm, but someone (who I've been cursing the last few days) must be after him as well, as I haven't seen him up in 4 days. thanks again for info tho, this will give me a wwwaaaayyyy better chance once I regain ToD.
 Bahamut.Zangada
user: zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2011-07-25 18:45:13
Link | Quote | Reply

These are nice too, i heard u can get dex+6 and haste+4 but these are the best ive gotten so far.
First Page 2 3 4