Beastmaster best gear set
 Valefor.Minature
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: minature
By Valefor.Minature 2011-07-26 05:11:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Blonde said:
I'm starting the trial weapons now! thanks for all the help. I'll be busy for awhile now trying to build up all me gear. :)

How long does it take to do the Trial weapons ?? I just got my BST to 76 today..
By Erocent 2011-07-26 14:02:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Not long at all really. I did evasion axes x2 and Pet PDT x2 both in a few days of grinding so id say a week tops for the +2 of each if you grind it out. Good luck they are well worth it. I still need to work on my MDT ones but my limited inventory is preventing me at the moment.
 Fenrir.Calamity
Server: Fenrir
user: Calamity
By Fenrir.Calamity 2011-07-27 01:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

So what would be the choice atmas to use for Farsha when not brewing?
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2011-07-27 14:05:24
Link | Quote | Reply

0/3 on beast bazubands >.<

0/8 on JoF now too, been having some real ***luck lately
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-07-27 14:13:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's a question that's been bugging me.

2x m.def Axes or m.eva Axes? I know that pets like Dipper Yuly already resist a great deal of the time - would it be worth it to invest further into evasion or decreasing the amount of damage received when they don't evade?
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2011-07-27 14:16:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought I saw one of the math geeks say mag. eva. sucks, I'm just finishing up mag. def. axes, & between me & a friend that doesn't have them, we're seeing a significant difference. just my opinion tho, might wanna wait for one of the math guys to come to the thread & say whats what
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-27 14:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

magic evasion is essentially resistance to all elements. 20 magic evade is 20 resistance across all elements.
By Erocent 2011-07-27 14:23:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Stick it out Mosin, I went 1/6 on beast bazubands. Hardest part was keeping ToD cuz my work hours were so jacked up.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2011-07-29 10:05:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Erocent said:
Stick it out Mosin, I went 1/6 on beast bazubands. Hardest part was keeping ToD cuz my work hours were so jacked up.

someone told me this ***-hat was a 24 hour spawn, I killed, logged-out, & logged back in in 23 hours 50 minutes. there was no maintanence, & no pop. I wonder if this guy is one of those wierd ones that has 24-48 hour spawn? that would account for the conflicting info on wiki, & my personal experiance. (I've got peacock amulet, so ya, I know how to camp NM)

thoughts>?
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-29 10:06:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said:
Erocent said:

someone told me this ***-hat was a 24 hour spawn, I killed, logged-out, & logged back in in 23 hours 50 minutes. there was no maintanence, & no pop. I wonder if this guy is one of those wierd ones that has 24-48 hour spawn? that would account for the conflicting info on wiki, & my personal experiance. (I've got peacock amulet, so ya, I know how to camp NM)

thoughts>?
Besieged.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2011-07-29 10:15:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said:
Siren.Mosin said:
Erocent said:
someone told me this ***-hat was a 24 hour spawn, I killed, logged-out, & logged back in in 23 hours 50 minutes. there was no maintanence, & no pop. I wonder if this guy is one of those wierd ones that has 24-48 hour spawn? that would account for the conflicting info on wiki, & my personal experiance. (I've got peacock amulet, so ya, I know how to camp NM) thoughts>?
Besieged.

huh? I guess I never spent a hell of a lot of time in ToAH areas... wtf does besieged have to do with anything?
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-29 10:16:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said:
Ramuh.Austar said:
Siren.Mosin said:
Erocent said:
someone told me this ***-hat was a 24 hour spawn, I killed, logged-out, & logged back in in 23 hours 50 minutes. there was no maintanence, & no pop. I wonder if this guy is one of those wierd ones that has 24-48 hour spawn? that would account for the conflicting info on wiki, & my personal experiance. (I've got peacock amulet, so ya, I know how to camp NM) thoughts>?
Besieged.

huh? I guess I never spent a hell of a lot of time in ToAH areas... wtf does besieged have to do with anything?
Just ***' with you. It's 42 hour respawn according to wiki.
Wouldn't surprise me if Besieged did mess with his spawn though
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2011-07-29 10:19:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said:
Siren.Mosin said:
Ramuh.Austar said:
Siren.Mosin said:
Erocent said:
Besieged.
Just ***' with you. It's 42 hour respawn according to wiki. Wouldn't surprise me if Besieged did mess with his spawn though

lmao, you were highly successful XD
 Sylph.Kollosis
Server: Sylph
user: Kollosis
By Sylph.Kollosis 2011-07-29 13:59:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Erm... I camped it roughly 5 ish times for a variety of ppl.. all within the same week, always went out there in about 24 hours~ after tod, and it was up... soo idk what's happening
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2011-07-29 14:06:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kollosis said:
Erm... I camped it roughly 5 ish times for a variety of ppl.. all within the same week, always went out there in about 24 hours~ after tod, and it was up... soo idk what's happening

I'll let you know what I find out, just went home for the 48 hour mark, & he's been killed. maybe a 24-42 hour, I have no idea
 Bismarck.Faelar
Server: Bismarck
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-07-29 14:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Erocent said:

Took 2 of my friends out to get these, both of them went 1/1 on them.
Both times just ran out there and he was up.
 Shiva.Superdan
Server: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2011-07-29 14:25:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I find it sad how charm sets are no longer even stated. Damn abyssea.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-07-29 14:27:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Only the monsters added into the old areas are worth charming, and even then there's really nothing to make use of them for.
[+]
 Sylph.Kollosis
Server: Sylph
user: Kollosis
By Sylph.Kollosis 2011-07-29 14:28:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Superdan said:

Inorite? V.V
[+]
 Shiva.Galbir
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2011-07-29 14:30:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Superdan said:
Well seeing as how naked you can charm anything in game that is charmable I didn't see a point in posting one. Though if you mean it's sad that abyssea has outdated charming I've got to agree for exp at least. As far as soloing nms I like it more this way. To many people killed our pet supply or stole nms during our pet switches back then.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Server: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-07-29 14:37:58
Link | Quote | Reply

they may allow charmable mobs in the future when the abyssea era dies/about to die just like they do every time an expansion content is dead, they make everything easier like they did with CoP,wotg,zilart
good thing i have my hard worked twilight body/helm just in case ,for good charm
 Shiva.Superdan
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2011-08-02 08:17:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Galbir said:
Shiva.Superdan said:
Well seeing as how naked you can charm anything in game that is charmable I didn't see a point in posting one. Though if you mean it's sad that abyssea has outdated charming I've got to agree for exp at least. As far as soloing nms I like it more this way. To many people killed our pet supply or stole nms during our pet switches back then.

I meant how it's sad that bst got transformed into a job that doesn't really need to charm anymore, since really that was its main aspect. It's like turning around and making Drk into a nuking class and saying "Deal with it".

Edit: I suppose it's good how bst is more... Wanted? now.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2011-08-08 09:10:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said:
0/3 on beast bazubands >.< 0/8 on JoF now too, been having some real ***luck lately

finally got lucky yesterday morning. 1/4 on bazubands. I know I was going to let you guys know what I found out on spawn time, but I found out nothing concrete. I can tell it's not a hard 24 hour spawn. outside of that, I still have no clue. ended up waiting 48+ hours afk over the weekend (dual-box CoD for added patience) someone may have killed in there, I slept for a while, so gleamed little to no new info, & I'm not going back out there...
By Xilk 2011-08-22 13:01:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zangada said: »

These are nice too, i heard u can get dex+6 and haste+4 but these are the best ive gotten so far.

Ohhhh.. the 4% haste would make it such a sweet upgrade from dusk +1 hands... plus any other perks we might get added to to it.
 Bahamut.Zangada
Server: Bahamut
user: zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2011-08-22 13:21:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Xilk said: »
Bahamut.Zangada said: »

These are nice too, i heard u can get dex+6 and haste+4 but these are the best ive gotten so far.

Ohhhh.. the 4% haste would make it such a sweet upgrade from dusk +1 hands... plus any other perks we might get added to to it.

Only thing haste+4 would mean is u can get rid of blitz ring, otherwise u can hit 26% with +2, twilight belt and these hands.
 Bismarck.Faelar
Server: Bismarck
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-08-22 13:36:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's what I've got so far for my BST. Its my newest job, so it's a work in progress. I think I've done pretty well so far.

Pet -PDT

*Axes are Pet PDT-10%
*Anwig augments:
Attack +6
Pet:
Damage Taken -10%
Regen+1

Reward

Working on a 2nd Zoraal Ja's Axe and Relic boots to cap Reward @ +50%.
 Shiva.Galbir
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2011-08-22 14:03:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like a great start. I assume you've also got a tp/ws setup?