Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Beastmaster best gear set
Beastmaster best gear set
 Bahamut.Enkidou
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: jamisont
By Bahamut.Enkidou 2012-01-27 10:10:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bored here in the office avoiding work. Putting together a variety of gear sets instead.

Math people, any of these TP sets look rad outside of Abyssea? Putting more focus on damage coming from yourself, and not so much your pet.

Chances are you could probably smack me around a bit for some of the gear choices, but I'm pretty much just putting together different sets that come out to 26% haste, and looking deeper into numbers later.

vs

vs

vs

vs

vs

Told you I was bored. Also, final word on Brego Gloves vs. Nomkahpa Mittens?
 Shiva.Galbir
Server: Shiva
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-01-27 10:39:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Killer Shortbow might be better than Hagneia Stone.
 Bahamut.Enkidou
By Bahamut.Enkidou 2012-01-27 10:42:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Galbir said: »
Killer Shortbow might be better than Hagneia Stone.

Wondered about that, but wasn't sure which would outdo the other over the course of a fight.
 Leviathan.Crytone
Server: Leviathan
user: Crytone
By Leviathan.Crytone 2012-01-27 16:34:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd use Stone over Shortbow.. Can't switch from bow to anything else for WS without losing TP. Nomkahpa over Brego also (DA!). Don't forget the STR/Atk Magian Axes!
 Bahamut.Enkidou
By Bahamut.Enkidou 2012-01-30 09:05:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Another question. Maybe I'm missing something, but is there a reason other than inventory space, gil, etc why people decide to TP in the Ferine Cabasset +2 instead of either the Fazheluo Helm +1 or the Ocelomeh Headpiece +1 when you can cap haste with either of the three?

The haste is a push. If you are mainly doing Dynamis fodder, you shouldn't need the accuracy. CHR? Whatcha' charmin'? If you really think you need the DEX then Ocelomeh easily tops it.

I have trouble finding any BST on the server who doesn't TP in AF3 head. Am I the one out of the loop on something here?
 Leviathan.Crytone
Server: Leviathan
user: Crytone
By Leviathan.Crytone 2012-01-30 09:31:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Enkidou said: »
Another question. Maybe I'm missing something, but is there a reason other than inventory space, gil, etc why people decide to TP in the Ferine Cabasset +2 instead of either the Fazheluo Helm +1 or the Ocelomeh Headpiece +1 when you can cap haste with either of the three?

The haste is a push. If you are mainly doing Dynamis fodder, you shouldn't need the accuracy. CHR? Whatcha' charmin'? If you really think you need the DEX then Ocelomeh easily tops it.

I have trouble finding any BST on the server who doesn't TP in AF3 head. Am I the one out of the loop on something here?

I'm with you actually. Never +2'd the head and it's been in storage ever since I got the +1. I TP in other gear that I prefer much more. I suppose people might TP in it hoping the set bonus procs more? Out of the options you offered I think Fuzeluo+1 wins but I use Ocelomeh+1 (only one I have and not interested in Fuzeluo really atm). I also see tons of BST on my server using AF3+2 and always have wondered why...
 Bahamut.Enkidou
By Bahamut.Enkidou 2012-01-30 09:38:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Crytone said: »
Bahamut.Enkidou said: »

I'm with you actually. Never +2'd the head and it's been in storage ever since I got the +1. I TP in other gear that I prefer much more. I suppose people might TP in it hoping the set bonus procs more? Out of the options you offered I think Fuzeluo+1 wins but I use Ocelomeh+1 (only one I have and not interested in Fuzeluo really atm). I also see tons of BST on my server using AF3+2 and always have wondered why...

Same as you. My +1 head stays on the Porter Moogle. I was kind of hoping that there is some amazing hidden effect I've been too tarded to notice that the rest of Vana'diel knows about.
By Xilk 2012-01-30 18:00:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I had my +2's done for bst a year ago. Gil/inventory would be the main reason I wouldn't go for the new heads. I don't want to drop 4mil or 7 mil for a marginal increase in tp set. I really don't need them. They are not a significant enough increase for the investment.

Maybe sometime I would get the 7% haste helm to move around pieces where I get my haste... but not likely. I'd be more interested in getting more haste in other slots and using spurrer's to get combined player/pet haste.
[+]