First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 9 10 11
 Bismarck.Eburo
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Stephano
By Bismarck.Eburo 2011-08-02 19:35:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Otomis said:
You can not have a 5 hit build effectively with out gimping your haste or WS set. Which means you will be loosing DPS over all even to achieve vs a 6 hit maximizing both haste stp and stat during WS.

The max Str WS set with a rose strap and rajas will net you only net you 15.429 tp return, when to compensate for maximize DPS in haste/STP set you will need a return of 17.1% roughly.

The over all haste and damage lost over time will reduce your preference both in WS and dps. I would suggest if you want to beast out Sam you get a true relic (*^.^*)

Not to mention BG pretty much already proved the best 5-hit Masamune is worse than the best 6-hit.
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2011-08-02 19:38:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know what gear they used in their 6-hit, is it similar to this?

STP5/5 - 16.9
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-02 19:38:47
Link | Quote | Reply

that was a rather long read that could've been cut down by about nearly 80%

Bismarck.Eburo said:
Not to mention BG pretty much already proved the best 5-hit Masamune is worse than the best 6-hit before the latest update that implemented Store TP V.

fixed
 Remora.Dodu
Server: Remora
user: Tsuko
By Remora.Dodu 2011-08-02 19:59:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing personal, Iron, but nobody's really in any position to be authoritatively declaring either as better right now. There are various Zanshin enhancements that need to be tested before either can be deemed assuredly superior. Even with the latest STP installment, a 6-hit may end up being better.
 Shiva.Shinsonja
Server: Shiva
user: Shinsonja
By Shiva.Shinsonja 2011-08-02 20:12:11
Link | Quote | Reply

/sigh my 2c cba reading all the previous posts

recommended reading for all sams:

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Samurai:_Ultimate_Guide_by_Gregedor#Store_TP

if your too lazy:

u need 81 store tp total for a 5-hit with a 437 delay GK

so traits and merits after update = 40

81-40 = 41 in gear, easy.

stacking more than 41 is a complete waste as it does nothing unless you can get to 126 store tp total (86 in gear/atma) for a 437 delay 4-hit which i assume is either very hard to achieve with huge tradeoffs or impossible.
[+]
 Remora.Dodu
Server: Remora
user: Tsuko
By Remora.Dodu 2011-08-02 20:21:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Well that was positively enlightening.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-08-02 20:24:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Shinsonja said:
/sigh my 2c cba reading all the previous posts

recommended reading for all sams:

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Samurai:_Ultimate_Guide_by_Gregedor#Store_TP

if your too lazy:

u need 81 store tp total for a 5-hit with a 437 delay GK

so traits and merits after update = 40

81-40 = 41 in gear, easy.

stacking more than 41 is a complete waste as it does nothing unless you can get to 126 store tp total (86 in gear/atma) for a 437 delay 4-hit which i assume is either very hard to achieve with huge tradeoffs or impossible.
Its like everyone forgets that you do not WS in the same amount of STP that you TP in. lrn2sam
[+]
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2011-08-02 20:26:12
Link | Quote | Reply

lol
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-02 20:28:50
Link | Quote | Reply

This will all be moot when you guys can dual wield GK/Katana anyways.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-08-02 20:29:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said:

what about gaxe/gkt? :(
i want my lifestyle choices to be acknowledged.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-02 20:31:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Asymptotic said:
Ramuh.Austar said:

what about gaxe/gkt? :(
i want my lifestyle choices to be acknowledged.
I don't make the rules, I just follow them. :(
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-02 21:08:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Dodu said:
Nothing personal, Iron, but nobody's really in any position to be authoritatively declaring either as better right now. There are various Zanshin enhancements that need to be tested before either can be deemed assuredly superior. Even with the latest STP installment, a 6-hit may end up being better.

i know it's nothing personal, and no offense taken by any means, but i mean, the absolute difference between five and six now is, well, miniscule

it's either dirty's build (as displayed above), or the one i posted here (apologies if it appears semi-messy :( ), which either way, the increase on six's end doesn't look too impressive by any means now, considering that they tested and basically verified that hasso zanshin's activation rate takes your base zanshin rate and cuts it to a fourth, meaning that in short, at best, the six-hit's looking at 18.7% hasso zanshin rate, while five-hit's looking at 14%, at worst

factor in for masamune users the difference is essentially 1.56% haste (head), 2% double attack (grip) and 2% triple attack (ring), and well, to me at least, five-hit's got this comparison won, given it's a lot more meditate-friendly as well, for good measure

would've replied earlier, but i was caught up being a derp in dynamis :(
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2011-08-02 23:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Dirtyfinger said:
I don't know what gear they used in their 6-hit, is it similar to this?

STP5/5 - 16.9

Could also use this.

Anyways, back when they compared it was before we had 90 STP trait so it's probably not a problem anymore.
By Otomis 2011-08-03 03:40:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Dirtyfinger said:
Why not put Zelus Tiara on the top set? You can easily replace Pole/Mars with Rose/Hoard.

Yaen, up for work - 4:30 am. The top set not mine, just example of another post ;)
 Ragnarok.Gunit
Server: Ragnarok
user: Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2011-08-03 13:50:12
Link | Quote | Reply

So 6hits? ; ;

and for lolz

Use this for when I am procing w/e in abyssea, If i enter abyssea that is on sam.
By Otomis 2011-08-04 13:26:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jaybezz said:
Otomis said:
COMPLETE ***

fixed np enjoy rest of your day

Trying to figure out how you quoted me, with some thing I never typed nor said. Not much of a naughty mouth myself.

Probably best not to make up quotes for people, granted the anonymity of the internet, but in real life you may run you self into a muck.
 Phoenix.Nightson
Server: Phoenix
user: Nightson
By Phoenix.Nightson 2011-08-04 14:49:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Otomis i read that guide when i was leveling sam back in the day but you should read further down then just stopping there where he explains the need for more store tp in the melee phase. just trying to help D:
By Otomis 2011-08-04 14:54:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Nightson said:
Otomis i read that guide when i was leveling sam back in the day but you should read further down then just stopping there where he explains the need for more store tp in the melee phase. just trying to help D:

No worries bud, I only posted in remark to being falsely quoted using profanity which is not ok in my neck of the woods. any how the mod already deleted the false quote remark in its original context.

From what I gather all of it will be out the window soon. IF, SE gives same a new STP trait as planned. Sam kinda lost their luster when abyssea hit the scene with so may jobs having multi-hit crit WS. I am looking forward to SE bring Sam back into the fore front of the DD classes.
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2011-08-04 22:50:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Otomis said:
IF, SE gives same a new STP trait as planned.

WOOOSH!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2011-08-04 23:34:55
Link | Quote | Reply

SAM is pretty damn strong outside of Abyssea, I don't know what you're talking about: "SAM lost it's luster." Sure, it's not as amazing as some of the other DDs inside Abyssea, but who cares? Abyssea is lame as hell and way too easy anyway, I'd rather have jobs like SAM and PLD be good at more important stuff than the easy stuff nobody will care about in a month or two.
 Bismarck.Daffel
Server: Bismarck
user: daffel
By Bismarck.Daffel 2011-08-05 01:41:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Virtuosus said:
SAM is pretty damn strong outside of Abyssea, I don't know what you're talking about: "SAM lost it's luster." Sure, it's not as amazing as some of the other DDs inside Abyssea, but who cares? Abyssea is lame as hell and way too easy anyway, I'd rather have jobs like SAM and PLD be good at more important stuff than the easy stuff nobody will care about in a month or two.

Last time I went SAM to a KCNM the WAR and DRKs gave me some space on the WHM orc mob and did a double light SC ending in a 6.3k light.

Keep accidently posting on my bismarck profile Q_Q
 Asura.Loneshadow
Server: Asura
By Asura.Loneshadow 2011-08-05 03:12:27
Link | Quote | Reply

If I was using Moonshade for Regain/Atk(I plan to use on WAR and SAM), what kind of TP set would I want to be the best possible 5-hit?(That includes regain procs to get the 100~ TP)
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-05 03:18:46
Link | Quote | Reply

swap amano for the blue whale thing and you're good to go, though tbh you may actually want to contemplate acc/regain augments for the earring, because by 99, i wouldn't be surprised to see accuracy become at least somewhat relevant again

oh, right, forgot to mention, ire/justice torque and beir belt +1 are better for fudo than elemental belt/gorget accordingly; that, and during tp, oneiros ring is in fact better than mars' ring, but it also requires ten MP merits, soooooooooo your call there, if you wish
 Asura.Loneshadow
Server: Asura
By Asura.Loneshadow 2011-08-05 03:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Would Unkai Nodowa be best for TP if don't got the QuadAtk neck?
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-05 03:34:01
Link | Quote | Reply

if without ganesha's mala, agasaya's collar with white tathlum would probably outperform unkai nodowa with thew bomblet in the long run in situations where samurai is ideal currently, plus, free subtle blow to go along with it

neither layout changes your weapon skill setup whatsoever, might i add, in case you're curious

overall, unkai nodowa is a very, very weak piece; kind of sad it doesn't at least have ten accuracy if you ask me :(
[+]
 Ramuh.Lorzy
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-08-05 03:42:43
Link | Quote | Reply

are af3+2 legs intentional for stp during ws?
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-05 03:45:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Most likely, otherwise he'd be using hachi haidate or something, ironguy tends to know his *** :<
 Ramuh.Lorzy
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-08-05 03:48:48
Link | Quote | Reply

oh, no i know that, i was just wondering if it was better to use like hoard and thew for tp, or whatever. too lazy to maths so didn't work out if the stp was necessary, or if the extra 2 stp in tp makes a difference.
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 9 10 11