New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » 5-Hit Masamune
5-Hit Masamune
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 9 10 11
By Otomis 2011-08-01 19:31:35
Link | Quote | Reply

You can not have a 5 hit build effectively with out gimping your haste or WS set. Which means you will be loosing DPS over all even to achieve vs a 6 hit maximizing both haste stp and stat during WS.

The max Str WS set with a rose strap and rajas will net you only net you 15.429 tp return, when to compensate for maximize DPS in haste/STP set you will need a return of 17.1% roughly.

The over all haste and damage lost over time will reduce your preference both in WS and dps. I would suggest if you want to beast out Sam you get a true relic (*^.^*)
 Cerberus.Lasareth
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: lasareth
By Cerberus.Lasareth 2011-08-01 19:32:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Otomis said:
I would suggest if you want to beast out Sam you get a true relic (*^.^*)

You wound me, sir.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-08-01 19:43:05
Link | Quote | Reply

WS in Varangian Helm and Byrnie+1/Radiant Fazhuelo Mail and be a boss.
 Asura.Kaisuko
Server: Asura
user: Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-08-01 19:45:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget to full time blind pots.

Then change to warrior, amirite?
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-01 19:46:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kaisuko said:
Don't forget to full time blind pots.

Then change to warrior, amirite?
3-hit zanshin bu-aw I made myself sad
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-08-01 19:46:23
Link | Quote | Reply

No change to BLU, it's the best of them all.

Also, I changed the TP set in my original answer post, Unkai -> Atheling until further testing proves that Unkai is a big enough bonus to be worth it.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-01 19:56:47
Link | Quote | Reply

i only really pointed out unkai sugemino because even if it's 5% zanshin, that would mean it only does 1.2% ikishoten hasso zanshin, which in the long run doesn't appear worth it to me

from what i've seen of tests, it takes your zanshin rate, literally cuts it to a fourth and that's your hasso zanshin rate
 Bahamut.Zellc
Server: Bahamut
user: Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2011-08-01 19:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

wish they would change the skin on unkai back to what it was before. does anyone know if there was a specific reason why they changed it? i guess it had to have looked like something else, i think it was the campaign regain back from bastok.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-08-01 20:13:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Kongming said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Kaiten/Cata here

My error on this set of tests, data was on crabs and melee hitrate wasn't floored. Still indicates a minimum ~90-100 acc boost. I know there's some data out there somewhere involving Goblin THF mobs, iirc the ones in Bibiki, so I'll try to find that.
I always thought the boost was only 100... It most certainly doesn't cap hit rate outright, but rather is some value of accuracy. Conceivably, if your hitrate is floored, 100 accuracy will only give you 70% on WS, so another test is definitely required to prove any value above 100.
I've unintentionally fought a few of the relatively evasive VWNMs on NIN with meat on and had minimal issues landing at least the first hit of Blade: Hi with slightly less acc than my default TP set, which had a pretty disgusting hitrate. I'll run a parse next time but I'm fairly sure it's more than just acc+100.
 Ragnarok.Akkarinn
Server: Ragnarok
user: Camosan
By Ragnarok.Akkarinn 2011-08-02 06:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Otomis said:
You can not have a 5 hit build effectively with out gimping your haste or WS set. Which means you will be loosing DPS over all even to achieve vs a 6 hit maximizing both haste stp and stat during WS.

The max Str WS set with a rose strap and rajas will net you only net you 15.429 tp return, when to compensate for maximize DPS in haste/STP set you will need a return of 17.1% roughly.

The over all haste and damage lost over time will reduce your preference both in WS and dps. I would suggest if you want to beast out Sam you get a true relic (*^.^*)

Hmm, I read this and thought: "what?"

I'm a relic SAM, but I think I might have missed where SAM was even remotely DPS reliant for damage?

Basically your take is: "Don't get a 5-hit and 'gimp' your DPS, stick with a 6-hit."

Right...

"You can not have a 5 hit build effectively with out gimping your haste or WS set"

Show me ANY parse - ANY parse - with 2 balanced SAMs, same WSs being used by a 5-hit and a 6-hit SAM that shows the 6-hit SAM coming out on top and then come back here and post that rubbish again. Even post-Kaiten, I gain 2% Haste, 7 GK Skill & 5STR while maintaining a true 5-hit. So wherever you get your information from...it's wrong.

"I would suggest if you want to beast out Sam you get a true relic (*^.^*)"

I would suggest if you don't have a clue what you're talking about, take the Mentor status off and shut the hell up - you're confusing the children! \(^.^)/
[+]
 Asura.Jaybezz
By Asura.Jaybezz 2011-08-02 07:28:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Otomis said:

reading this makes me want 2 flip a table like this ; ;

[+]
 Asura.Loneshadow
By Asura.Loneshadow 2011-08-02 07:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the TP set i'm looking at..

Regain/Atk on Moonshade, 5-hit w/ Regain procs.

Any advice?
 Ragnarok.Akkarinn
By Ragnarok.Akkarinn 2011-08-02 07:59:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Hawt TP set.

No Regain earring for me, Refresh ftw! Using Sugemino and AF3 Earring for the Zanshin too while maintaining 5-hit. Dropping Goading for Bullwhip and Nodowa for Justice post-Kaiten.

Zanshin might be a consideration since no need for tactical anymore but 3%DA is hawt and a loss of about 2 attack with Sugemino over Athelling would be interesting to see what comes out on top in the long haul. Zanshin's personal preference anyway, can't think of any other ideas.

Edit: Nothing wrong with ghetto 5-hits, counting on Regain/tick, I just prefer to go with the true 5-hit thing.
 Asura.Loneshadow
By Asura.Loneshadow 2011-08-02 08:03:23
Link | Quote | Reply

For Fudo would 2 WS sets for /WAR be useful? Like 1 atk build for berserk down, and another for when its up?

Or does Fudo just profit more from either?
 Ragnarok.Akkarinn
By Ragnarok.Akkarinn 2011-08-02 08:09:46
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I've read the differences are negligable. You will see a difference in numbers but its not going to be "zomg thats like 400 damage more this way".

For Kaiten I don't use different sets. With the higher fTP on Fudo, might be a different story.

Generally: Stack on the Att like a mother f****r.
 Asura.Loneshadow
By Asura.Loneshadow 2011-08-02 08:16:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I was looking at something like this is it was worth using, asked a few SAM friends and they say its worth it if I feel liking dealing with it..

Fudo Atk

Fudo STR (Berserk Up)

Both Sets will use +2 hands for Sekk. WSs

Edit; Mind the bad gear, I don't got money for super HQ gear. :/
 Fenrir.Crystenne
user: Crysten
By Fenrir.Crystenne 2011-08-02 08:33:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Loneshadow said:
I was looking at something like this is it was worth using, asked a few SAM friends and they say its worth it if I feel liking dealing with it..

Fudo Atk

Fudo STR (Berserk Up)

Those sets look pretty similar to my own, though I remember reading that Ire Torque +1 and Beir Belt +1 beat out Gorget and Elemental belt these days. Also, Attack/TP Bonus Moonshade Earring works too.
 Alexander.Vivicide
Server: Alexander
user: Vivicide
By Alexander.Vivicide 2011-08-02 08:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Otomis said:

Wow man... You have reached a new level of supertardination. Which apparently isn't a word. I had to create a word to describe your statement, which has 0 fact or proof behind it unlike the people who created 5-hit builds who use real math unlike your assumptions. Are you honestly arrogant enough to think that you, who used zero math to gear yourself, knows something the SAM guru's don't?

I digress, if you have proof or a plethora of math to back yourself please by all means post it so the masses may play at the peak of what SAM can be. Unless you want to keep it a closely guarded secret. Which makes you selfish. So you have your options.
 Asura.Loneshadow
By Asura.Loneshadow 2011-08-02 08:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Crystenne said:
Asura.Loneshadow said:

Fudo Atk

Fudo STR (Berserk Up)

Those sets look pretty similar to my own, though I remember reading that Ire Torque +1 and Beir Belt +1 beat out Gorget and Elemental belt these days. Also, Attack/TP Bonus Moonshade Earring works too.

Using Moonshade in TP set w/ Regain/Atk to keep 5-hit
 Ragnarok.Akkarinn
By Ragnarok.Akkarinn 2011-08-02 08:46:19
Link | Quote | Reply

@Crystenne

Just for my own records, what kinda of numbers are you pulling between the two sets?

Are the numbers worth spellcasting for? I know its a little different for Fudo/Kaiten due to massive differences in fTP and TP bonus from earring but still - ballpark figure on differences in numbers between them?

Should note, not doubting for a second it would be worth it, just interested to hear what kinda of differences we're talking about it.
 Fenrir.Crystenne
user: Crysten
By Fenrir.Crystenne 2011-08-02 11:17:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Akkarinn said:
@Crystenne

Just for my own records, what kinda of numbers are you pulling between the two sets?

Are the numbers worth spellcasting for? I know its a little different for Fudo/Kaiten due to massive differences in fTP and TP bonus from earring but still - ballpark figure on differences in numbers between them?

Should note, not doubting for a second it would be worth it, just interested to hear what kinda of differences we're talking about it.

For the most part, I tend to stick with my attack set these days as there aren't that many situations where I'm capped on attack in Abyssea (my Abyssea group rarely, if ever, takes a BRD to anything and if we do, I end up with double March). I couldn't really give you any accurate figures without running a parse. A couple of observations for you though:

With my regular attack set, assuming RR/VV/Apoc, Red Curry Buns, Berserk, Stalwarts and Hasso, my average tends to lie around the 3-4k mark, with spikes of up to 5k on regular shitling mobs.

On NMs, my average tends to be around 1.5-2k or so, depending on the mob. I've had a couple of 3k spikes on Orthrus, also.

The one time I had a BRD and double Minuets, my Fudos on Orthrus averaged closer to 2k and spiked up to 4k with my Berserk set.

Couple of verification SS of some of my spikes:

Pretty sure Detectors have low defense to begin with, so I might have gotten lucky on those. This was back when I had my 85 also. Orthrus and Dhalmels are with the level 90 version.
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
Server: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2011-08-02 14:46:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Otomis said:

The only things I can't ws in are a second Pyrosoul ring (vs Rajas) and Hachiryu Haidate (vs unkai +2) to maintain a capped haste 5-hit. And that's only outside abyssea. what are you smoking, son? Must be that aurore and bibiki seashell getting to your head.

edit: what i fudo in
with hachiryu haidate in abyssea with VV

what i tp in

amidoingitrite?

Missing: I think usu feet would be better and swap in atheling for tp. Faz radiant would be better for ws but my shell decided to all go on hiatus so i'll see about getting that eventually, along with WotG tp bonus earring to replace lol cantaurus.

anything else/better? :/
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-02 14:53:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Loneshadow said:
This is the TP set i'm looking at..

Regain/Atk on Moonshade, 5-hit w/ Regain procs.

Any advice?

swap the pole grip to rose strap and tp in hoard ring (over mars' ring) to allow yourself to turn your regain moonshade earring into a tp bonus one, because it's that much more worthwhile for masamune users over vulcan's pearl; besides, with that setup (19.8 x4, 16.9 x1, 96.1 total), you're going to need four ticks of regain to reach 100%, which, especially in the case of with marches, you're going to be short on that last bit of tp very frequently

that's ab00t it

*edited a bunch for clarity, since coherent sentences and me don't mix today apparently :(((

and for those curious as far as for masamune users: thew bomblet, unkai kabuto +2 and atheling mantle should steadily beat out white tathlum, zelus tiara and tactical mantle

comparison: 44(.5) attack, 3% double attack and 5(.25) accuracy vs 2% haste (technically 1.56%)

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
[+]
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
Server: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2011-08-02 15:52:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Ironguy said:

and for those curious as far as for masamune users: thew bomblet, unkai kabuto +2 and atheling mantle should steadily beat out white tathlum, zelus tiara and tactical mantle

comparison: 44(.5) attack, 3% double attack and 5(.25) accuracy vs 2% haste (technically 1.56%)

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ahh, ty for the input.
I wasn't sure about what to use for tp after the new STP trait was added. Figured the 1.56 haste > 44 att and 3% da (acc not that big an issue as i have an ugly looking 6hit for that if pizza isnt enough D:) when rocking hasso, and haste spell 100%.

also obligatory fudo SS since someone else did :D

although, not like fudo dmg is much to write home about anyways

minus the one on isgebind. imafuckingbawse

Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-02 16:06:02
Link | Quote | Reply

they're closer when with marches (with kabuto variant still winning out), but without them, kabuto variant is leagues ahead in my opinion (hasso and haste spell), even without samurai being a white damage-friendly job; the attack alone is a substantial hit, and you will certainly notice the increase per hit from merely swapping tactical to atheling, not even accounting thew bomblet
 Ragnarok.Daffel
user: daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2011-08-02 16:27:18
Link | Quote | Reply

These are my current tp/ws sets. Plan is to swap pole grip for rose when I get it and then goading for bullwhip just to add more haste.

Also working on WoTG to get 4tt/tp bonus earring instead of bushi
[+]
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2011-08-02 16:39:46
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what I use inside Abyssea. Purely theoretical as I don't come SAM in Abyssea otherwise people start crying.

Voracious Violet.

Could probably use that QA neck piece but haven't really looked into it.
By Otomis 2011-08-02 19:24:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Masamune (assuming Hasso is up + Gear Haste 24%) will have an attack rate of 1/hit per 4.807 secs w/ delay of 288.42, netting 14.43 tp return per hit (due to sam base STP JT). In addition with moon earring you gain 1.602 tp with in the delay window (this is also assuming no outside buffs or atmas). Total net tp per round = 16.032/TP per delay round: Add the STP of 39 in this gear set - 20.361 (Hence 5 hit) w/ net of 101.805 TP gained. This is only with moon earring (Great earring).

Fudo Set Above: will give a 15.096 tp return. +20.361 x 4 (81.444) = 96.54 You no longer have a 5-hit once you WS (as traditionally a 5-hit meant you could WS then in 4 hits WS again.)

I just used popular gear set I have seen in showing the 5-hit flaw. (outside of abyssea)

How to make on work effectively...

20.944 (total net of other set with moon earring-225421)
STR - 15
DEX - 17
Haste - 24
STP - 39

(This set- 224739; with moon earring net TP 21.471) - 5Hit
STR - 12
DEX - 9
Haste - 25% haste
STP - 49

This set considering the only STP you will keep in WS set (no matter what other gear you wear) will be Rajas and Rose Strap + Native netting you 39 STP and 15.429 TP return.

21.471 x 4 (85.884) + 15.429 = 101.313 (a true 5 hit, which is only possible with a moon Earring)

To compensate for not having a Moon Earring you would need +61 STP on top of native STP in order for it to work, or WS in STP gear (Meh!)

Best set with out any regain would probably be.

With the right gear a 5-hit is fully possible and all while maintaining your ability to fully use the best WS set per situation.

My previous comment is that many sets people post for both STP and WS combos do not compensate the STP lost while using WS. But in the age of abyssea, who cares, I can pop off 5k WS all day right next to a person doing .5k ones on the same job. Meh!

Worked all day on a hot roof in 100+ heat index, so I am probably messing up the math. I am going to bed (*^.^*)
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2011-08-02 19:34:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Why not put Zelus Tiara on the top set? You can easily replace Pole/Mars with Rose/Hoard.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 9 10 11