First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-05 03:50:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lorzy said:
are af3+2 legs intentional for stp during ws?

that's right; if fazheluo radiant mail's sphere effect affected the user, then you'd be able to use hachiryu haidate without issue, but, it sadly does not

it's all good anyways though, since usukane sune-ate +2 will probably give 9 store tp (which i'd damn well hope they'd at least give that), which case then allows you to tell white tathlum during tp and unkai haidate +2 on ws to gtfo

collectively perfecting samurai's five-hit, bar rose strap, and in masamune's case, unkai kabuto +2, but usukane sune-ate +2'll probably give 4% haste anyways, so you'll be .56% haste away from capping in gear regardless

aside from salvage trials, atm tbh, the only other thing i want gear-wise for samurai is a 7% haste belt that doesn't give -hp

what i'm trying to say here is, you people better hope razed ruins becomes accessible outside abyssea, or else we may see a familiar trend again as far as front line jobs go by ninety-nine, but that's not due to "job favoritism" on squeenix's part by any means, it's merely game mechanics doing what they've been doing ever since the two-hander update: favor samurai ^____________^
[+]
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-08-05 04:14:20
Link | Quote | Reply

using hoard/thew lets you drop wtath and ws in hachiryu i think (i got 20.4 and 16.6, but using old ffxicalc so may be wrong) provided you can take the hit to acc. that came out to 98.2 which is the same as i got for your sets (again, assuming my numbers are right).
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-05 04:18:53
Link | Quote | Reply

you're right, but, thing is, hoard ring makes my penis soft, as well as having the same effect on others (or so i'd hope)

so soft, that it nearly evaporates
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-08-05 04:24:09
Link | Quote | Reply

fair enough, but what's the comparative softness of wsing in af3+2 legs? :P
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-05 04:24:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
you're right, but, thing is, hoard ring makes my penis soft, as well as having the same effect on others (or so i'd hope)

so soft, that it nearly evaporates
to dust
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-05 04:30:38
Link | Quote | Reply

that isn't too bad tbh, since back at 85 you had to ws in unkai haidate +2 to hold your five-hit, so i'm familiar with them there, and -2 str isn't as big as a hit as -11 acc/atk during tp phase, even on a job that has a massive ws damage ratio lean (compared to white damage)

besides, it makes you look like a pretentious douchenozzle when you then process to wear hachiryu in town and while idle, which is bonus points as far as for getting people mad

ungh

also, in before someone points out that derp beside me in those images being on a terrible job for the content at lv90; he's our dedicated, underappreciated camper >:(
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-08-05 04:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

using thew over wtath cuts that down by a bit, and i mentioned it was if you don't need acc. it's not a big deal either way, -2str during tp for 2str 5att on ws.
 Asura.Dajociont
Server: Asura
user: Jamehkun
By Asura.Dajociont 2011-08-05 04:37:29
Link | Quote | Reply

we appreciate naten, just fun to be a *** to him :(

ohwait, see what you did now, carry on
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-08-05 05:26:34
Link | Quote | Reply

also, in before someone points out that derp beside me in those images being on a terrible job for the content at lv90; he's our dedicated, underappreciated camper >:(
Okay...how come Shy is in a 3rd pt all by himself? Do you hate him more then the dedicated camper in your group?
 Asura.Dajociont
user: Jamehkun
By Asura.Dajociont 2011-08-05 05:39:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ludoggy said:

Okay...how come Shy is in a 3rd pt all by himself? Do you hate him more then the dedicated camper in your group?

shy and i were in a party together, but i dropped after alliancing because i suck at rdm and was in the party with samuramas D: and hi ludoooo<3
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-08-05 05:47:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dajociont said:
hi ludoooo<3
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2011-08-05 11:33:12
Link | Quote | Reply

collectively perfecting samurai's five-hit, bar rose strap, and in masamune's case, unkai kabuto +2, but usukane sune-ate +2'll probably give 4% haste anyways, so you'll be .56% haste away from capping in gear regardless

aside from salvage trials, atm tbh, the only other thing i want gear-wise for samurai is a 7% haste belt that doesn't give -hp

salvage trials? this excites me (i dont know if your speculating or if it was announced)

also Unkai haidate +2, is the added haste from hasso still magical? or was it changed?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-05 11:41:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn said:
salvage trials? this excites me (i dont know if your speculating or if it was announced)

also Unkai haidate +2, is the added haste from hasso still magical? or was it changed?

i hear it's been changed from magical to job ability haste; not that it's a bad thing if so, but it still allows you to theoretically "break" the gear haste cap :D

as for salvage, well, they did announce it quite a while ago that they would be releasing trials for the pieces, though, there's also perhaps the chance too that they may just toss them all together with synergy augments, which tbh = DONOTWANT.jpg, since the only things i'd ever want on usufeet would be more haste and store tp >:(
 Cerberus.Kelhor
Administrator
user: Rooks
By Cerberus.Kelhor 2011-08-05 11:45:29
Link | Quote | Reply

the only things i'd ever want on usufeet would be more haste and store tp

This. I don't even need very much of it, like one more haste and two store TP, and I'm golden.

inb4 SE makes us desynth the 35s for tatters
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-05 11:46:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kelhor said:
inb4 SE makes us desynth the 35s for tatters

why'd you have to go and make my *** non-existent
[+]
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-08-05 13:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

swap amano for the blue whale thing and you're good to go, though tbh you may actually want to contemplate acc/regain augments for the earring, because by 99, i wouldn't be surprised to see accuracy become at least somewhat relevant again oh, right, forgot to mention, ire/justice torque and beir belt +1 are better for fudo than elemental belt/gorget accordingly; that, and during tp, oneiros ring is in fact better than mars' ring, but it also requires ten MP merits, soooooooooo your call there, if you wish

Masa users should have a TP bonus Moonshade, it will do far more for you WS then any other single item. Masa users should also use their Elemental belt, the math is so close between Beir+1 and Elemental belt that the conserve TP pulls it ahead. (wouldn't be the case for Amano)

Capping haste should be the first priority, then worry Mala etc.
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
Server: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2011-08-05 14:14:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Beir +1 is better.

Conserve TP always throws off my 5 hit :/ still always end up needing every hit to reach 100% from what i've seen. I just end up with a bit of overflow. Not that that makes the elemental belt worse, but Beir is just better stat-wise, not to mention the attack from the STR is always welcomed.
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-08-05 15:57:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Xenhas said:
Beir +1 is better. Conserve TP always throws off my 5 hit :/ still always end up needing every hit to reach 100% from what i've seen. I just end up with a bit of overflow. Not that that makes the elemental belt worse, but Beir is just better stat-wise, not to mention the attack from the STR is always welcomed.

With Zerk up they are almost identical. With zerk down Beir+1 wins but that assumes a 100TP WS, Fudo benefits from excess TP which makes Elemental belt the better choice.

Justice should be the top Fudo neck for WS.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-05 16:07:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Taint said:
Masa users should have a TP bonus Moonshade, it will do far more for you WS then any other single item.

the one guy in particular was asking strictly in the case of using moonshade earring with regain instead of tp bonus, since he plans to use it for warrior also; i agree entirely that tp bonus moonshade is the way to go for masamune users (and to remedy the lack of tp cumulation without the regain, put hoard ring in over mars'/oneiros), but making use of it on both ends is rather ideal, given that telling hoard ring to go away during the tp phase is a pretty nice niche too for samurai
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-08-05 17:28:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Taint said:
Carbuncle.Xenhas said:
Beir +1 is better. Conserve TP always throws off my 5 hit :/ still always end up needing every hit to reach 100% from what i've seen. I just end up with a bit of overflow. Not that that makes the elemental belt worse, but Beir is just better stat-wise, not to mention the attack from the STR is always welcomed.

With Zerk up they are almost identical. With zerk down Beir+1 wins but that assumes a 100TP WS, Fudo benefits from excess TP which makes Elemental belt the better choice.

Increasing fTP makes an additional 0.1 fTP worse, not better, so I'm not sure how you're figuring that overTPing favors the elemental belt.
[+]
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-08-05 17:55:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Cerberus.Taint said:
Carbuncle.Xenhas said:
With Zerk up they are almost identical. With zerk down Beir+1 wins but that assumes a 100TP WS, Fudo benefits from excess TP which makes Elemental belt the better choice. Justice should be the top Fudo neck for WS.
Increasing fTP makes an additional 0.1 fTP worse, not better, so I'm not sure how you're figuring that overTPing favors the elemental belt.

Additional TP favors the WS. Esp. with the zanshin update you will be over TPing more then not. On rare occation conserve TP proc + zanshin proc can save a full hit. It also adds 10acc to DA/TA hits. When the damage difference is less then 0.3% it makes sense to play the odds for additions that do matter.
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2011-08-05 17:57:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I use Beir +1 & Ire +1 when berserks down and ele neck/waist when it's up, changes occasionally depending on mob (thankyou sc).
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-08-05 18:08:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Dirtyfinger said:
I use Beir +1 & Ire +1 when berserks down and ele neck/waist when it's up, changes occasionally depending on mob (thankyou sc).

For best damage Ire+1/Ele zerg up, Justice/Beir+1 zerg down.
But I've made it clear why I'd always use Ele.belt.
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2011-08-05 21:36:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Taint said:

ITT: 9STR(beir+1) < 0.1fTP while 5(justice)/7STR(ire+1) > 0.1fTP as long as it's in a different slot

Beir+1 wins at all TP%, more attack or not, by my maffs for Fudo. Pretty sure others will agree

Also at higher tp%, Beir+1's 9STR pulls further and further ahead of elemental belt's +0.1fTP, not to mention you always get the extra attack from Beir +1

(done editing spam for now)
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-05 21:55:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Xenhas said:
Cerberus.Taint said:

ITT: 9STR(beir+1) < 0.1fTP while 5(justice)/7STR(ire+1) > 0.1fTP as long as it's in a different slot

Beir+1 wins at all TP%, more attack or not, by my maffs for Fudo. Pretty sure others will agree

Also at higher tp%, Beir+1's 9STR pulls further and further ahead of elemental belt's +0.1fTP, not to mention you always get the extra attack from Beir +1

(done editing spam for now)
hey
hey guy
you forgot
the great katana skill
5 STR and 7 skill(att/acc) sounds perfectly reasonable for beating .1 ftp
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2011-08-05 22:27:47
Link | Quote | Reply

yes, it does. 5 STR and 11 att = good overall piece, especially when you aren't capped on att(and berzerk isn't always instant capped like some people seem to believe, though, i probably don't need to type that).

but in the same situation, why would you put 5STR 7skill over 0.1fTP but not 9STR and the roughly 7attack that comes with it, over the same 0.1ftp.

Taint was saying Justice is the best, yet the elemental belt is better than Beir +1 (at higher than 100%tp?), although at higher fTP values, the 9STR from beir +1 pulls further and further ahead than the boost from elemental belts at higher fTP values.

Dunno if what I'm typing makes sense. I'm kinda tired lol
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-05 22:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

his justification for the belt is the conserve tp, which while it won't shave a hit off your -hit build, it does count as excess tp for the upcoming weapon skill (and in the case of fudo, picture it as about 60% of the power of the tp bonus moonshade earring, aka 6-7 more str-worth in power, plus the .1 fTP)

to me, the activation rate on conserve tp is too far in-between for it to outperform beir, but, they sure are a lot closer when you also account that the sune-ate have conserve tp as well, resulting in a 13% chance of it activating i suppose

keep in mind as well, by nature i take things in from the amano perspective, which (for now? if they adjust relics further), that additional tp does absolutely nothing for me, though, 3.0 fTP is low enough to where a .1 addition would outperform 9 str and the 6(.75) atk that comes along with it, or at least i'm pretty damn sure of it
[+]
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-05 22:36:30
Link | Quote | Reply

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH 2000
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-05 22:37:15