What Subjobs,Macros, Rolls & Merits Do You Use?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » What Subjobs,Macros, Rolls & Merits do you use?
What Subjobs,Macros, Rolls & Merits do you use?
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-06-02 06:58:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Deboro said:

Im sorry but if you cant zerg with Armageddon, faster then you could with a Dagger. your doing it wrong. Evis even with atma's on corsair will not do more damage then wildfire with atma's aswell

It depends on the mob. Not all mobs are willing to take fire/magic dmg nicely. And you forget to add up melee DPSs from dagger, and more melee DPS for entire pt from haste samba.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-06-02 08:01:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Sea Daughter ftw!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-06-02 17:33:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Untamedheart said:
QD acc merits aren't useful anymore like they were at 75 cap when things still can resist your shots. I'm interested though if anyone can comment on resist rates against voidwatch NMs. I haven't had a chance to hop on COR against these NMs yet and they would currently be the highest level targets at this point in the game outside of abyssea.

Haven't done a whole lot of VWNM on COR, but I was doing KCNM Dragon Scales yesterday and mobs in that BC seems to have very high def and eva(A rank melee jobs can't cap acc without food)...and they often use perfect dodge. So TP with regain+QD and WS with Wildfire outside of AoE range worked very well against such NMs, if VWNM has mobs with such high def/eva, I think gear for full STP for QD and WS with WF is a good idea, sacrifice a few points of QD dmg for more TP looks well worth it IMO.

I didn't notice any terrible QD resist yesterday btw. And even if they do the dmg won't be terribly different, since most of the dmg came from Wildfire and my QD was just to get more TP to spam more wildfire.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [205 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-12-24 09:59:28
Link | Quote | Reply

This subject has not been discussed for some time, so in light of the new updates to level 99, I would like to reopen it.

I have not played much for the last 6 months, and I am now feeling serious about coming back onto the game, and setting up my Corsair to be a job I can turn too when it's needed, if I can make it good then I may have a place in Voidwatch.

SO my questions here are as follows:

1) How useful are the new rolls? Which rolls do you use less because of them?

2) What gear is an absolute must to get from the AH? (Please don't bring a huge list of Rare/Ex gear which will take me ages to obtain)

3) How useful is Exenterator for a COR(I already have it at stage 5)? And should I invest in the new ranged WS, baring in mind I already got stage 5 Scythe, Dagger and Sword Weaponskills, for my other jobs DRK PLD and THF.
(No, I do not have Leaden Salute or Wildfire.)

Thanks :) All I am looking for this Xmas is to become a better pirate, Merry Xmas to all!
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2011-12-24 10:36:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Tactician's Roll and Miser's are the new standard. Save TP basically turns many DD into 2-3 hit builds and Tacticians can give you 6-7tp/tic on an XI wearing a Roller's Ring/Moonshade Earring.

Your other DD rolls will pale in comparison to these.

If you don't plan on ever getting Wildfire, I'd strongly suggest getting Last Stand. It's powerful, modified by AGI, 2hits and can fill in that awkward hole in the COR Marksmanship WS options.

I'd dump the Sword or Scythe WS for it.

Subs? If you don't have Wildfire then a DD sub would be most appropriate. /WAR, RNG or SAM.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-12-24 10:44:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Tactician/Miser. You will hardly need to roll anything else beside those two.
Get Last Stand, it's strong. And in VW not having WF is already a malus, having this one would be very important.
Extenterator isn't useful on this particular job. Melee'ing isn't useful on this particular job.
Sam is the best sub.
And get Leaden, it's not hard.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-12-24 12:32:06
Link | Quote | Reply

So Red Mage subjob is not so good anymore? I just set up all my macros for a red mage subjob lol.

I shall get Leaden Salute at some point, but the thing is.. I have never really gotten into Nyzul Isle ***, its just something I have tended to avoid, not for any particular reason, just been too busy doing other stuff and generally forget about it.

COR/SAM? Sounds like a beast ;)

Btw DRK is my main job (Look at my display pic :P) so Entropy is a must have for the MP recovery, I love that WS, so I will probably just dump the Sword WS, i heard it was really ***.. and I already wasted 100 merits on it lol.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-12-24 14:24:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
1) How useful are the new rolls? Which rolls do you use less because of them?

2) What gear is an absolute must to get from the AH? (Please don't bring a huge list of Rare/Ex gear which will take me ages to obtain)

3) How useful is Exenterator for a COR(I already have it at stage 5)? And should I invest in the new ranged WS, baring in mind I already got stage 5 Scythe, Dagger and Sword Weaponskills, for my other jobs DRK PLD and THF.
(No, I do not have Leaden Salute or Wildfire.)

Thanks :) All I am looking for this Xmas is to become a better pirate, Merry Xmas to all!

1. Misers/Tacticians as mentioned above, I tried to find the info of new Avenger's roll but can't find it anywhere, seems useful for lowman settings, guess no one care about it nowadays.

2. HQ elemental staff, MAB neck piece, stats ring, Alruna's gloves, Forban cape....most other "must have" items are ex/rare.

3. I'd imagine it's pretty good for /DNC lowman stuff like dyna or lowman weaker NM and such, since it also gives -20 acc that may be useful for lowman survive-ability, and you need /DNC to make this SJ fully functionable to begin with(stun/CWIII/haste samba/steps etc). And the fact that COR can get quite a lot of AGI from gear especially in ranged slot makes it actually worth looking. But for many ppl COR is VW only job, and you don't really melee in VW, so it's kinda overlooked.

Since you already get WS for other jobs, it'd depend on how much you love this job and other jobs. Last Stand is one of the best merit WS, compare with sword and dagger(since you insist to keep scythe) it's bigger improvement over old WS.

4. /RDM isn't dead, but for WF CORs /SAM put out best dmg in VW, and with temps and procs most of the VW is all about zerging the NM down in 5 min with as much dmg and proc as possible, that's why it's popular. /SAM /WAR /RNG /WHM /RDM /DNC /NIN all has it's use depending on events/pt setup/WS you use.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-01-03 15:05:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for that. Im trying to sort my PLD and COR so i can use them in Voidwatch and bring LS members along for the ride.

Lots of useful information. Cheers!