What Subjobs,Macros, Rolls & Merits Do You Use?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » What Subjobs,Macros, Rolls & Merits do you use?
What Subjobs,Macros, Rolls & Merits do you use?
First Page 2 3
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-05-15 23:08:28
Link | Quote | Reply

This is another thread by myself, to further understand the job and how other Corsairs play it, i had some good feedback from my gear thread, so i am interested to hear some feedback from these questions.

Subjobs
In an Abyssea experience party, what is your preferred subjob?
How often do you ever use a more supporting subjob, like /WHM or /DNC?
Is a COR/BRD useful in any situation?
Outside of Abyssea, which subjobs do you find the most useful in a party situation?
Which subjob is the most useful for soloing?

Rolls

Which Rolls do you use a lot? Which situations do you use them?
Which Rolls do you never use? Which Rolls do you use very rarely and why?

Macros
Which Macros do you use all of the time?
Which Macros do you feel you need, but it is something you would only use in an emergency?
How do you use equipment macros with your job abilities, do you use them in the same macro as a Job Ability or are they separate?
How many different macros do you have, which are used for certain subjobs?

Merits
Which merits would you have, outside the Corsair group merits? (Combat skills etc.)
Group 1 Merits, what is the best combination?
Group 2 Merits, which abilites should definitely be on 5/5, which ones should only be merited once?

As you can see, i am a pretty curious player, i want to know all that i can about this job so i can play it well, i do not expect any of you to answer every single question raised here, just pick the ones that you feel you can leave the best feedback, it might even help other up and coming Corsairs in the future so thanks for any advice you can give :)
 Fenrir.Curty
Server: Fenrir
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2011-05-15 23:51:37
Link | Quote | Reply

About to head to bead but will quickly list my merits for you:

Group 1:
Quick Draw Recast 5
Phantom Roll Recast 5

Group 2:
Snake Eye 5
Fold 4
Loaded Deck 1

Pretty sure you'll find most everyone doing this with maybe the couple oddballs who merited random deal recast instead of quick draw or phantom roll recast.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Curty
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2011-05-16 00:08:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess it depends what you want to do as a cor. I consider phantom roll recast very important because I like to keep up as many rolls as I can on different people. 2 for melee, 2 more mages etc. QD has always just been all about the tp gain for me, the increase to damage in the long run by adding 10 magic acc is pretty abysmal.

Is there anything special about 2 merits in Loaded Deck. Of course it works better than 1, but doesn't 3 work better than 2 lol? What's the reasoning of stopping at 2?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Parak
By Fenrir.Parak 2011-05-16 00:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Subjobs: If you are going for a good QD/back up healing go /RDM
Just back up healing? /WHM is for you. If you are DDing go /NIN or /RNG.

Rolls: Usually always have tacticians roll on melee (with AF+2 bonus it's really nice) and Samurai Roll. The TP gain is incredible. For mages I usually stick with Wizard's/Evoker's. If I am soloing or am in a small group I use Wizard's/Tacticians, mostly just because I am lazy and like the QD bonus/TP gain.

Macros: Macro your favorite rolls, and equipment change macros. Not much else that I macro personally.

Merits: Group 1--
QD Recast: 5
QD Accuracy: 5

Group 2--
Snake Eye: 4
Fold: 5
Loaded Deck: 1

I like to take chances on Phantom Rolls and tend to bust quite a bit, yay for second chances! :) I only really use Random Deal when I bust and that's once every (insert forever amount of time). Random Deal is pretty useless to me.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2011-05-16 03:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Parak said:
Macros: Macro your favorite rolls, and equipment change macros. Not much else that I macro personally.

As an addition to this, if you play on PC, you could use Spellcast to swap Equipment for JA's you don't have on Macro's also =)
 Asura.Skorn
Server: Asura
user: Skorn
By Asura.Skorn 2011-05-16 05:00:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Parak said:
Merits: Group 1-- QD Recast: 5 QD Accuracy: 5 Group 2-- Snake Eye: 4 Fold: 5 Loaded Deck: 1
Almost This. I'm 5 snake eye 4 fold, for some reason i love rolling 4's right yout of the gate.
I'm /rdm 90% of the time (MAB jobtrait on QD/Wildfire is sexy)
If i'm rolling for DD's i like Tacticians and Fighters
If i'm rolling for blm's, evokers and wizards
If i'm rolling for myself Tacticians and Wizards
*edit
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-05-16 05:22:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Subjobs:
My favorite is definitely /rdm for the mab bonus, and cause compared to /blm which gives the same amount, well, at least you have some useful magic(unless you desperately want warp lol). I /whm very rarely and only if it's vital to the situation cause every cor worth his salt knows that we're more than spoony bards. I used to plays as /rng as well in the past, but not anymore. /dnc could be nice in some situations.

Rolls:
Tactician's is almost always there, Fighter's being the other melees' best friend. If you're outside abyssea Chaos roll is always a good choice too. For mages I give evoker and fastcast to healers, evoker and wizard to nukers.
Of course these aren't the only rolls I use, it highly depends on the situation: Magus' is very helpful on a tank against fiends with scary powerful magic, Ninja might help an evasion tank(mostly outside abyssea, inside they shouldn't really need that); if you're in party with pet-masters Beast's and, depending on the pet, Drachen can do wonders.
The ones that I really never use are Gallant(never worth it), Allies, Courser, and Choral and Puppet have seen the light maybe three times in these years. All others roll aren't very used, but are there when situation calls.

Merits:
Group1 should be without a doubt fully dedicated to Quick Draw. I humbly disagree with the person above saying that PR recast is needed to keep up rolls, it's not. At level 40 I cycled 4 rolls between melee and mages already, and without any issue. You just need to be careful and not screw on the cycle time.
Group2 I went 5/5 Snake Eye(it's probably the most important thing we have), 3/5 Fold(if you don't gamble you're doing it wrong, so it's better have Fold at your disposal)and 2/5 Loaded Deck to help Random Deal(Bust->Fold->Random deal->roll again without waiting).
Combat skills are 8/8 marksmanship of course. And if you really think cor is the most important job in your life you might want to merit AGI as attribute.

I'll pass on macros, I have tons of them with lots of gear swapping. Get yourself all HQ elemental staves, use grips with agi+ or the elemental ones(ignore wise strap). Get AF hat+1 which boosts QD damage and you'll still use it at level 90. As far as empyrean gear goes boots are awesome, but try to get all +2 of course.
*shrugs* don't know what else to say xD
[+]
 Ragnarok.Alabasta
Server: Ragnarok
user: alab
By Ragnarok.Alabasta 2011-05-16 05:38:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello!

I will try to make very syntetic replys XD

Subjobs

Virtually speaking COR role depends on the sub so it depends on what you like to do in the exp pt you are talking but in any case -Keep the rolls up as much as you can since our job is support-.

RNG- If you like to occasionaly shoot and occasionaly ws (watch out for bumping hate) i suggest to not melee in this case for tp if you don't have something like merc. kris/joy for fast tp gain/haste equip.

DNC- Recently i'm liking this sub because of the JT-Invi sneak-Heal-sambas-steps if you like to melee, personaly this one is the best in abyssea with all the regain atmas and the regain roll you can reach the 11Tp/tick the only thing that misses this is barrage ;_;

WHM_SCH- The only useful mages sub in my opinion Sch for the stratagems, magic skills and storms (wonderful with elem.obis), whm for steady -nas haste teleports.

Rolls

-Melee: Tp regain, and then look in your pt wich job you have i once looked the numbers and for melee DD:Drk>War>Rng>Sam_-delay(forgot the name lol)
-Tanks: Caster roll, then depending on situation evasion,magic def,tp regain, refresh(lolpaladins)

-Mages: refresh(Default), then depending on situation Mab,Macc,fast cast,Conserve mp,HMP+

Macros

-Slug shot/detonator Macros (Racc>Ratt>STR>AGI)
-Ranged attack macro (Racc,+snapshot-rapidshot,store tp,ratt,agi)
-Leaden salute/wildfire/QD (macc,mab,agi)
-Swap macros for rolls -(relic head for basic rolls without job in pt and empyrean for the new ones)
-Barrage/phantom roll macro if you have shantotto legs
Merits

I'm also thf so dagger 8/8 marksmanship 8/8 (sword is nice too if you use joy), crit hit, agi of course, MP is nice if you sub mage.

Group 1 This depend on how you play the cor fasten recast of phantom rolls means more versatily on buffs,recast on random deal means you stay very sharp on timers of your ja and you like hearing "Convert resetted :D" in my opinion doesn't make much difference, QDacc & recast (my choice) You want be sure you sleep and dmg with as much and faster possibily with QD.

QDacc 5/5 (i'm an acc ***)
QDrecast 5/5

Group 2 Winning streak is good if you are lucky XD helps you in less work in rolling ^^,Loaded deck is focused on RD so i suggest you to cap recast of it for is setup, Fold and sneake eye can cheat you your roll in my opinion gives you an average/higher chance of having lucky and High rolls and gives some fun to the rolling game xD

Fold&SE 5/5 (So you can cheat every roll you do)

Hope this helped a bit on a sightseeing of the Job Cor is very fun! Nice choice!
[+]
By Yakamo 2011-05-16 05:47:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Hope these help.

/RDM seems the most useful overall. MAB for QD/WF/LS and the occasional heals/Refresh/Sneak/Invis if needed.

For experience parties, I'd just go /DNC and Evisceration if you have it, or /WHM for pure support. Probably wouldn't bother wasting money by expending cards/bullets in something like this normally.

/WHM is for pure support role...depending on what you're doing and how many people you have, it may be needed. Cure 4s do a lot more than Cure 3s in Abyssea. Outside, you may get better mileage out of /RDM if you don't need the WHM only spells.

/DNC is mostly for Evisceration spam or soloing, and it really shines if you have a multi-hit weapon for fast TP gains. I personally like it more than /NIN ever since it got Dual Wield naturally, because it offers a lot more survivability than just some shadows every now and then.

In very rare cases, maybe. But only 1 song and I believe that song is capped in effectiveness due to your low skill level with BRD as a sub, you'll almost never need it.

Outside of Abyssea, which subjobs do you find the most useful in a party situation?

This really depends what you're doing, but I think /RDM, /WHM, /DNC I think are the best overall for most situations. Other subjobs have applications depending on the situation though.

/DNC if you're just going to tank it, /RDM if you're going for QD kiting.

Rolls
Which Rolls do you use a lot? Which situations do you use them?

At 90, Tactician's Roll is a must, but unless you have AF3 +2 Body, it requires a lot of gambling to get any kind of return on it. Wizard's is good for QD/WF/LS, or if you have nukers in your PT. Otherwise, it depends who you roll for...mana users generally get Evoker's, Tanks can get NIN/MNK/BLU rolls, DD can get WAR/DRK/THF rolls with Tactician's, and if you're just rolling for yourself in a mixed party, I'd go with Tactician's and Wizard's.

Which Rolls do you never use? Which Rolls do you use very rarely and why?

PLD roll is by far the most useless roll in the game, Allies Roll is a close second. Courser's roll is very limited by the fact you only have two rolls, and Snapshot isn't likely to be one of them. Pet rolls (PUP/DRG/BST) you can probably skip unless you group with PUPs and BSTs all the time.

Most of the rolls I didn't mention are situational. Sometimes they help, most of the time you'll not use them.

Macros

Equipment macros for rolls/WS/QD is pretty much what takes up most of my lines. Having Double-Up and Snake Eye there saves time too.

Which Macros do you feel you need, but it is something you would only use in an emergency?

Light Shot, if only just to not have to go through the menu for it as I'm getting beat down.

How do you use equipment macros with your job abilities, do you use them in the same macro as a Job Ability or are they separate?

Generally in the same macro. COR has pieces that only affect rolls like Relic Hat/AF3 hands, or other abilities like Relic body for Random Deal.

How many different macros do you have, which are used for certain subjobs?

I personally use two macro sets, one for QD/WF with mage subs and another for shooting with Slug/Det, but I haven't used the shooting one since leveling COR. May make one for Evisceration, but I do that so rarely I doubt it's worth the effort.

Merits

Opinions vary on this, but I personally go Phantom Roll recast 5/5 and QD recast 5/5. I used to have QD Acc 5/5 but with all the AGI and Magic Acc in COR gear, it's really not needed anymore.

Group 2 Merits, which abilites should definitely be on 5/5, which ones should only be merited once?

Snake Eye is a must-have 5/5. I'd go 1 in Loaded Deck if you have Relic body... combined it makes Random Deal work when you have just 1 job ability on cooldown. At least 1 in Fold so you can gamble on rolls a little.
By AtharianMithra 2011-05-16 07:21:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Subjobs

/rng or /sam if ur a back line shooter (btw /sam can achieve a 4 hit build many should look into)

/dnc(front line) /rdm (back line, for less tp feed/more support and QD MAB) /blm or /drk if you need an extra stun (/drk with staff weapon-bash and x2 Light shots... I used to have alot of fun with this back in the day before level increase especially in Dyna)

If you are in a cruor party pulling extremely fast or are just needed to build lights for event LS in abyssea [20secs or less per kill], depending on your gear and atma... if you dont have any good regen atma mixed with a -pdt and eva set... I'd suggest /nin. In MOST cases I have the gear and atmas to use any sub I want and make up the difference in Atmas.

If ur /whm ~ Someone must really suck in pt for you to be gimping yourself so much. Cor is great support, but it is not a mage, Lets just get this straight. any job can /whm and do pretty much the same thing with the right atmas on. Step up ur gear sets and macro swaps, you'll find /whm is obsolete 90% of the time. and if ur going to go the /whm route. At least consider /sch. AoE SS, weather effects for QD and RR along with -na spells. hmmmm... and JA's that cut mp cost in half so you dont wipe 1/3 of ur MP with a Cure 3/4 etc.

Rolls
Great rolls come in pairs, even trios if u like to keep something on all the time.
For melee, Atk bonus is kind of pointless in Abyssea unless ur fighting -dt, so i usually go with Tactician's and Samurai roll for fastest TP return. Blizter's (if you're even considering this) actually reduces TP per hit like reducing the delay on ur base weapon... I wouldn't use this if ur looking for TP return.

I solo alot in abyssea, straight tanking. So if i had to go for a third melee roll... i'd probably pair Dancer's or Magus for a lil in-between buff.

For the mages, Wizard's, Scholar's, even Warlock's for those hard to stick mobs, or those crap TEAL mages. Almost everyone has Minisink Monstrousity Atma so ... really is dependant on ur party if ur going to be using Evoker's Roll at all.

Macros
In each Macro book there's 10 sets of 20 macros.
I have about 8sets of them filled up for all sub job situations for Melee Corsair.
I also have another Book with ~7-8 sets with only /mage or any staff-wearing corsair situation.

Every set has Light Shot, Every set has at least one QD either for TP or for Magic Damage. Every set has a ranged macro, every OTHER set has FOLD/SNAKEEYE/Randomdeal (they aren't always needed but they are just one set away if i need to quickly access)

It depends on how you play your COR honestly... I've heard cor's that only use /rng and have 1 set for the job and use everything else manually... I honestly think it sets them back but w/e.

As far as the gear swaps... This is KEY, if you can't gear swap in or out of ur AF2-AF3 (lets not forget af1 pimp tricorne) pieces when needed simply by macro or Spellcast or w/e you use... you may as well put down the job and switch to something less complicated. Lets go through some possible sets you would need if you were to take up cor and take it seriously... just a few for an example...

"How many different macros do you have, which are used for certain subjobs?"

Haste/TP set
QD set (including Oberon's and switching for each staff btw)x8
Bronze Bullet/NQ bullets for TP or Leaden/Wildfire
QD TP set (can use Store TP to enhance the return by quite alot.)
M.Acc for Light shot (not so much for other QD elements though as you'll never want Light shot to miss)
FastCast/Utsu (/nin users)
Running/kiting (gotta have this to get out of Dusk Gloves if u Melee and/or to Kite with Hermes')
RandomDeal/Phantom Roll sets (I have about 3, but they are similar in usage)x3
RangedPulling
Ranged Atk
Leaden Salute/Wildfire (depending on weather or not you use staffs for this [and you should], that's x3 sets)
Slugshot
Detonator
EvaKiting
EarthstaffKiting

That's just to name a few... (I have about 50-75 sets in my sc so... yah... My cor is the real deal...) Most of the issue is switching out Weaker bullets for Leaden or Wildfire when not using QD with oberon's... it's an extra headache but for great results. Steelie's also for SS and Detonator

"Which Macros do you feel you need, but it is something you would only use in an emergency?" Depends on my role in the party. I think this was sort of answered for you already

"How do you use equipment macros with your job abilities, do you use them in the same macro as a Job Ability or are they separate?"
I blink my JA's so they dont slow me down. If i didn't... well I'd be a dead Cor most of the time, or just too "delay'd" to get the job done. This takes practice and patience to set macro's exactly the way you want and specified to YOUR gear. WITH or WITHOUT spellcast. it can be done... i used to do it when i played on ps2.

Merits
"Which merits would you have, outside the Corsair group merits? (Combat skills etc.)"
Dagger 8/8 Sword 8/8 Marks 8/8 Eva 4/4 (with new update so far!)

QD ACC, RECAST. 5/5 5/5

I merited Loaded Deck twice... 1. because when i need a certain JA to be restored... 2. It is usually something that i absolutely cannot wait out... so... based on my own personal preference... 2/5 on Loaded Deck
4/5 Snake Eye
4/5 on Fold

Why 4/5 on Snake Eye and Fold?
answer: WTF ARE YOU DOING BUSTING SO GODDAMN MUCH that you can't wait 7minutes and 30 secs when a phantom roll is about 5-6 mins!?

I'd give ya more info but... honestly i think you deserve some much needed time to play with ur cor to know how it works and reacts to your playstyle with whatever macro's JA's you use with it and why...

to wrap up though...
I still LOL at /whm cors... it makes the good cor's look bad. Good luck.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2011-05-16 08:02:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I see lots of people doing lots of Snake Eye and Fold merits but I really love my 5/5 Winning Streak merits. 6:40 rolls meant less time rolling and more time DD'ing. Also gave a lot more leeway on giving more people rolls if needed.

These merits were good for zergs back in the day, but I'd still favor them today simply for the time it gives you. I don't play COR rolls risky and very rarely bust. In fact, I only play rolls risky when Fold or Random Deal is up.

I like Loaded Deck a lot too. I believe the first merit is ~50% chance it will work, so I put in 3 to that for a 70% chance of resetting Fold if it was down. Also was nice when RDM's only ability was Convert for meripos.

I guess Group 2 just ends up being how risky you like to play COR and how much time you want to spend running around using the rolls. I wanted to focus on more DD and rarely take chances on rolling so I pushed my Winning Streak to the top. If you bust nearly every roll you do because you think only 11 does something, then sure, go all out 5/5 Snake Eye 5/5 Fold or with 1/5 Loaded Deck in there.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-05-16 09:13:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I wanted to focus on more DD and rarely take chances on rolling
Play another job. It really gets to my nerve when I see corsairs that don't understand what their primary role is. Your party members should always have 2 rolls up all the time, not just when you feel like it.
[+]
 Siren.Kuz
Server: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2011-05-16 09:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Subjobs
My COR barely sees the light of day in Abyssea. But sub jobs vary depending on situation/event.
If you want better QD's, RDM and BLM are the way to go for the natural MAB Bonus.
RDM benefits more simply because you can Double Refresh at 90 (Evokers + refresh), and it will have more survivability.
(I used this in Dynamis pre-Update)

In Einherjar for pulling, or any pulling situation really, /NIN

More DD/Firepower, /RNG or /WAR

Rolls
Most common rolls used?
Chaos, Fighter's, Tacticians for your DD's
(God Help You if you use Blitzer's Roll on two-handers. you'll never hear the end of it)
Evokers, Healers, Warlocks, Wizards for Mage Support
If you're doing a Zerg, Tacticians works wonders at the start to get the group to 300TP fast. Then swap up to Chaos/Fighters
If you're low-manning anything with a NIN or THF Tank (or MNK) Ninjar roll and Monks roll work very well.

Also, never underestimate DNCs roll when Soloing.
I've found it to be a life saver.

As for rolls never used?
I find most pet rolls gather dust, and if ANYONE ever finds a practical, proper use for Gallants Roll, I'll buy you a pony.

Macros
Way to much to list.
But I do find that I macro in the most used Rolls, others that I barely touch I'll use from the menu.
Always have all your shots with gear swaps macro'd.
Same for Melee, Range Attack, and Kiting*.
Please, on your older rolls if you have it, make sure that Commodore Tricorn is in there!!!
On the newer rolls, they are enhanced by the AF3, just have the appropriate ones in each swap.

* Salvage is a joke now a days. Get some friends, get it done, get some Skadi Feet :D Don't pay the 2+ mil for Hermes.

Merits
Simple

5/5 QD Recast
5/5 QD Acc

5/5 Snake Eye
4/5 Fold
1/5 Loaded Deck (If you have relic body)

Phoenix.Sehachan said:
Your party members should always have 2 rolls up all the time, not just when you feel like it.

Go Pro: 3-4 rolls up. 2 on DD's 1-2 on Mages :D :D :D
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2011-05-16 09:40:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said:
Quote:
I wanted to focus on more DD and rarely take chances on rolling
Play another job. It really gets to my nerve when I see corsairs that don't understand what their primary role is. Your party members should always have 2 rolls up all the time, not just when you feel like it.

lolwut? My reasons had nothing to do with not keeping 2 rolls up all the time, in fact, I'd often be rotating 5-6 rolls: 2 rolls for mages, 2 for melees, usually 1 specific to me and/or RNG/oddjobs.

Winning Streak extends duration so less running around. Even when you merit Fold+Snake Eye, you're forced to wait on Phantom Roll after you fold to reapply buffs so that's more and more time wasted just getting proper buffs up.

I rarely play risky(just when fold/snake eye is up) and just weigh out the benefits of the rolls. I still have 1/5 Fold and 1/5 Snake Eye for crap rolls, just relying on Random Deal to help cycle them faster.

5 6:40 rolls means a lot less running around than 5 5:00 rolls that you're always trying to push to 11, which in turn means more DD'ing for you.

By the way, my merits are more conducive to rolls on MORE people than less. If you're trying to put 5 separate buffs on people, if you use Fold in a cycle you're already missing 1 of the buffs for a full minute of time. With 6:40 rolls, that's never a problem.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-05-16 12:06:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
if ANYONE ever finds a practical, proper use for Gallants Roll, I'll buy you a pony.

To Maha: if you're one of those cor that is afraid to double on a 6, this is not the job for you, really. Gambling is part of what we do.
[+]
 Siren.Kuz
By Siren.Kuz 2011-05-16 12:13:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said:
Quote:
if ANYONE ever finds a practical, proper use for Gallants Roll, I'll buy you a pony.

To Maha: if you're one of those cor that is afraid to double on a 6, this is not the job for you, really. Gambling is part of what we do.

OH I'm sooooooo serious. Honestly Gallant's roll was a waste of gil.

As for the Double Up on a 6, I was in an party where the COR would roll once. ONCE. didn't matter what the number was. They just stopped like "Okie dokie, my job is done"
DD's had like one roll.
Mages were lucky if they got one.

I wanted to cry.

My advice to anyone looking to level COR:
Don't be that COR
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-05-16 12:16:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yeah I remember partying with this cor his answer was: but what if I get an unlucky number? :/
I wanted to break his gun and throw it away.

And sadly I agree on gallant's xD I just want that pony so much!
 Siren.Kuz
By Siren.Kuz 2011-05-16 12:23:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said:
And sadly I agree on gallant's xD I just want that pony so much!

Doooo eeet!!!
Find a practical, proper use for an AOE NON Magical Spike Effect, that more or less requires you to have a PLD in party to be potent. Where the damage from the effect has a chance to resist.

Worst
Roll
Ever

Earn that Pony!!!
 Siren.Gunshy
user: Siryn
By Siren.Gunshy 2011-05-16 12:28:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Gallants roll could be use fooor.. like if you know you are going to get agro throw up spikes just to spite them as you run for your life D:

yeah thats legit! where's my pony~
 Siren.Kuz
By Siren.Kuz 2011-05-16 12:37:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Hush you :P

Light Shot > Bolters Roll > Run.

No Pony for YOU!
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-05-16 12:57:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said:

Subjobs

I rarely /WHM nowadays in Abyssea because Cure IV sucked in abyssea. Outside of abyssea it kinda depends. I think /SCH is also a nice sub if you know you won't be healing a lot and hasting ppl but still want some back up support spells. But /WHM generally has more useful spells.

I /DNC a lot in Abyssea or killing weak stuff outside of abyssea as well. If you're soloing and killing weak mobs, /DNC is very useful. For soloing/lowmanning harder stuff it's probably /RDM or /NIN and kite.

In pt situations outside, I /WAR if I'm meleeing for TP most of the time, and /SAM if I know I'll be mainly /ra. I hardly /RNG these days because racc is less of an issue, if I still have problem with racc then I guess /RNG is good for /ra.

I've heard ppl use COR/BRD for extra refresh long time ago, but I haven't try that yet.

Fenrir.Curty said:
I guess it depends what you want to do as a cor. I consider phantom roll recast very important because I like to keep up as many rolls as I can on different people. 2 for melee, 2 more mages etc. QD has always just been all about the tp gain for me, the increase to damage in the long run by adding 10 magic acc is pretty abysmal.

Is there anything special about 2 merits in Loaded Deck. Of course it works better than 1, but doesn't 3 work better than 2 lol? What's the reasoning of stopping at 2?

Agreed, QD acc merit hardly makes a difference, and PR recast means you can get your DD buffs back up sooner, that means more dmg in the long run as well.

IMO the most have 5/5 in G1 is QD recast and most have in G2 is Snake eye. I would put 1 merit in Loaded Deck, but not more than 2 XD

Outside of group merit I do marksmanship, sword and dagger 8/8, and AGI for attribute....still not sure if doing STR is better now since future game content will mainly focus outside of abyssea, making STR important again.
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-05-16 13:04:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said:
Quote:

I know!
Afk farming weak mobs!

Pull 20 of them, Gallants roll+Regen roll, go afk for 20 min and watch them die =D

Pony Mine!
 Siren.Kuz
By Siren.Kuz 2011-05-16 13:06:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said:

I know!
Afk farming weak mobs!

Pull 20 of them, Gallants roll+Regen roll, go afk for 20 min and watch them die =D

Pony Mine!

As this is good in theory, you'll wind up being too evasive and it'll be a wiff-fest. Hence they'd probably never hit you to get damaged by the spikes :(

I like your way of thinking though :D
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2011-05-16 13:08:18
Link | Quote | Reply

As I said, I don't mind playing risky when my JAs are up. 6 usually isn't a bad buff anyway for most rolls. I mean, for instance, are you really going to double up on a 6 for Evoker's roll? 33% chance you get no buff/worse than what you have; 33% chance no change; 33% you get something better. So really, you're only looking at 1/3 chance of improving. Not usually worth it.

Now, doubling up from a 4: %17 chance you get worse than what you have; 83% you improve your buff. Much better odds.

You just have to weigh the bonuses of your rolls with the risk. It's not rocket science.

Don't know why every COR feels like they have to win the lottery every time they play the job. I'd much rather play Blackjack than chance my luck at a game of Roulette.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-05-16 13:11:23
Link | Quote | Reply

What about situations where the tank needs to give his back to the mob? Might be good? D:
 Siren.Kuz
By Siren.Kuz 2011-05-16 13:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Don't know why every COR feels like they have to win the lottery every time they play the job. I'd much rather play Blackjack than chance my luck at a game of Roulette.

True. My complaint is about the COR's who toss up say... a Chaos Roll. Hit's a 6 and they go "meh. good enough"
Seriously?

But, What i REALLY wish though is... that SE would bring back the whole 10 min duration on an 11.
I know a lot of COR's hated that, but MAN that was total WIN in my eyes. What a great 3-4 months that was.
 Ragnarok.Alabasta
user: alab
By Ragnarok.Alabasta 2011-05-16 13:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said:
Quote:

Solo kiting NM @1%.. no moarz shadow, no moarz card, no moarz bullet and only your staves to melee.. gallant roll go!
 Siren.Kuz
By Siren.Kuz 2011-05-16 13:17:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Alabasta said:

Solo kiting NM @1%.. no moarz shadow, no moarz card, no moarz bullet and only your staves to melee.. gallant roll go!

This might just win the Pony :D
Don't know if it fits the "Practical, Proper" use description though.
Fits more the "OMGWTF Panic Mode" description of desperation!
First Page 2 3