Corsair Gear Help.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Corsair gear help.
Corsair gear help.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-09-01 08:23:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Question for those of you using "preshot" (and, in casting, "precast") gear:

How are you doing it? Are you actually hitting two macros every time you fire a shot/cast a spell, or are you using some form of spellcast skullduggery to make it easy?

I've never used spellcast in almost eight years of playing the game, but these days I'm really considering it because of all the freaking gear options out there I hate feeling like I'm somehow gimp for not doing this stuff...but holy cow I am SO not hauling around an entire extra set of gear and hitting two macros every time I want to fire a single bullet.

(This applies more to rng that cor, honestly, I don't do quite as much firing on cor and whenI do I normally just use a standard set of stuff I have on me anyhow.)
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-09-01 08:30:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel your pain, the limited macro lines really don't help when you have to change gear midshot. But I never used windower, so yeah 2 buttons for 1 shot(and 3 for each gear set <_<).
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-09-01 08:41:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I shamelessly use windower scripts for my macros, but those are essentially just giving me more macro lines the way the game should already.

Spellcast is an entirely different creature that reads your game state/status/etc. and will automatically use specific gear sets that you have setup. It employs what are essentially if/then statements. (For instance, if status “berserk” then [weaponskill set 1], if status is not ‘berserk” then [weaponskill set 2]). (I’m aware this isn’t entirely the proper syntax for the program, but I’m not a user. This gets the point across.)

Is there a way to use spellcast to make it read your “firing” state and equip two sets of gear?

Or are you just using windower macros in your ranged attack line and like:

“gearset1.txt > > /ra <t> > /wait 2 > gearset2.txt”

It’s all really irritating and I’ll admit I wish the game didn’t allow for this kind of stuff because it makes trying to stay ahead of the curve really bloody inconvenient. But since it does allow for it I’d like to keep the hell up.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-09-01 08:46:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Question for those of you using "preshot" (and, in casting, "precast") gear:

How are you doing it? Are you actually hitting two macros every time you fire a shot/cast a spell, or are you using some form of spellcast skullduggery to make it easy?

I've never used spellcast in almost eight years of playing the game, but these days I'm really considering it because of all the freaking gear options out there I hate feeling like I'm somehow gimp for not doing this stuff...but holy cow I am SO not hauling around an entire extra set of gear and hitting two macros every time I want to fire a single bullet.

(This applies more to rng that cor, honestly, I don't do quite as much firing on cor and whenI do I normally just use a standard set of stuff I have on me anyhow.)

Then don't bother XD, the difference it made at this point of time(with the amount of snapshot gear you can get in this game) is very, very small IMO.

I don't use spellcast as well, although I do have a snapshot set but I don't always use it cuz the amount of time I press 2 buttons probably wasted more time than the extra firing time saved with snapshot. But if I'm firing twice in a row or more sometimes I use it, since there's /ra delay between each shot and you can't press /ra quickly or else you will get an error msg, so pressing an extra botton helps the timing.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-09-01 08:52:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I don’t like being lazy. It’s just about 1) the amount of gear required to lug around and 2) is the effort it takes going to be worth the end result. If I can make it all happen in a reasonable way using just one macro, I'll do it. (We’ll forget the annoying constantly blinking gear factor. Sadly that's never going away and blinkmenot in my full AF3 is the best I can do.)

Like I said above, I think it could probably be achieved just using windower scripts for gear with the in-game macros. But is that the most efficient way of doing it, and even if it is, how worthwhile is it?

Spellcast can be a very powerful tool and I’ve often considered playing with it, but it’s also a very advanced tool and writing all the scripts I’d need for the 7+ jobs I regularly play could be fairly daunting, so I don’t want to hoist the sail unless I’m ready to take to the open sea for acquisition of booty, if you’ll pardon the in-character terminology.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-09-01 09:02:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
I don’t like being lazy. It’s just about 1) the amount of gear required to lug around and 2) is the effort it takes going to be worth the end result. If I can make it all happen in a reasonable way using just one macro, I'll do it. (We’ll forget the annoying constantly blinking gear factor. Sadly that's never going away and blinkmenot in my full AF3 is the best I can do.)

Not using spellcast/script macro is lazy nowadays? =D
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-09-01 09:09:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Not using spellcast/script macro is lazy nowadays? =D

There are too many gearsets needed and too few macro slots available. I already don't have room on one macro set for everything I need for half my jobs.

On Corsair, for instance, My #1 macro set is my primary use set for all my JAs/gearsets/etc. All of my rolls, however, are on set #2 and I ctrl+down key to roll because I just don't have the room. I used to at least keep two rolls on the prime set and swap them out depending on exactly what I was doing, but now there's not even reasonable room for that.

So I wouldn't say not using windower macros is lazy, but it's certainly more efficient if only because it reduces the amount of macros you need to use/hit.

Spellcast is another beast entirely that gets into reading game state/statuses/etc. As I said before, it's a very powerful tool, but also a very complex one - comparatively - and I blame no one for not using it. Though I do consider myself a bit on the lethargic side for not having taken it up yet.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [154 days between previous and next post]
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Server: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2012-02-02 18:17:02
Link | Quote | Reply

5 months later but all it is is

<if spell="ranged">
<equip when="precast" set="Snapshot" />
<equip when="midcast" set="ranged" />
<midcastdelay delay="1.0" />