Paladin FAQ, Info, And Trade Studies.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Paladin FAQ, Info, and Trade Studies.
Paladin FAQ, Info, and Trade Studies.
First Page 2 3 ... 30 31 32 ... 45 46 47
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2014-01-08 14:50:11
Link | Quote | Reply

On the subject of gearswap, if anyone actually makes a functional PLD one I'd love if you wouldn't mind sharing it. I'm just starting to learn lua, so it's going to be a bit before I can make anything up to my standards.
 Phoenix.Neosutrax
user: neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutrax 2014-01-08 18:30:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I just casually play now as most of you know, as I'm in law school. So I've just been using spellcast and haven't moved on to Gearswap.

Are the main advantages of Gearswap (over spellcast) the use of packet insertion and thus infinitely better precast/midcast swaps, or are there other advantages I'm missing?

I could probably write a decent gearswap scrip for Pld if I get the spare time (seems easy enough from the ones I've reviewed).

Would be nice to include a solid Spellcast and Gearswap script as part of this FAQ/guide.

Also, what spells are ya'll cycling when /drk and /blu? I need to update my enmity list.
 Asura.Fiv
Server: Asura
user: Gares
By Asura.Fiv 2014-01-08 19:31:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know how much has changed since this post but it defines some of advantages over spellcast.
http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/115131-Windower-4-Open-Beta?p=5985652&viewfull=1#post5985652

"Do you want to change to your PDT TP set if your Utsusemi casting is interrupted? You can do that now."
Post self cure and utsu interrupts would be kind of cool, but i don't know if the effort is worth learning lua yet.
By Fafnir 2014-01-09 02:29:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Neosutrax said: »
Also, what spells are ya'll cycling when /drk and /blu? I need to update my enmity list.

In the case of /DRK, there's really only two spells,
Stun and Absorb TP, cycling LR/SE at your own discretion (Can probably make SC rules to deactivate them with the same macro)

This sub working is pretty heavily dependent on having capped marches/haste, if the timers aren't up in time to cycle through after Flash, there is little use in /DRK.

in the case of /BLU, Blank Gaze is really your only single target spell, if AoEs are not an issue then Jettatura has the highest enmity, then the others are about the same: Stinking Gas/Soporific/Sheep Song. Cocoon is an excellent spell to have equipped along with these.

I think even a basic gearswap would be an excellent resource here, if anyone has something going.
 Phoenix.Neosutrax
By Phoenix.Neosutrax 2014-01-09 12:18:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Guide updated, thanx for all the help everyone. I'll add in information on useful subs and spells later after I have time to review the updated enmity list.

I'll also be happy to add a base Gearswap script if anyone wants to offer one. It will be some time before I can generate one.
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2014-01-09 12:58:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Neosutrax said: »
I just casually play now as most of you know, as I'm in law school. So I've just been using spellcast and haven't moved on to Gearswap.

Are the main advantages of Gearswap (over spellcast) the use of packet insertion and thus infinitely better precast/midcast swaps, or are there other advantages I'm missing?

I could probably write a decent gearswap scrip for Pld if I get the spare time (seems easy enough from the ones I've reviewed).

Would be nice to include a solid Spellcast and Gearswap script as part of this FAQ/guide.

Main advantages:

Proper scripting language, which just makes it easier to manipulate stuff that you had to juggle string var concatenation and such for with Spellcast. For example, I can now simply iterate over a list of values, rather than having to know what the possible values are beforehand (and hardcode them in), in order to change offense/defense modes, etc.

Along with that, being compiled on first load, it's vastly faster than Spellcast could ever be. Spellcast had to reprocess the entire xml file for every single action it handled, which meant (in worst case scenarios) delays of up to half a second (though more likely in the 100-200 millisecond range) just to process the Spellcast stuff, never mind actually sending the gear swaps and commands. The longest I've seen GearSwap take to process anything is under 1 millisecond. Along with the changes of how packets are sent out, it's now very much, "hit the macro and the spell is cast", rather than "hit the macro and wait up to a second for the spell to start".

Perfect precast/midcast gearing, with no delay in between. No more issues of a spell casting too fast for midcast gear to equip, and having to special-case how much fast cast gear to use, or decide not to use quick cast gear because if it ever proc'd you'd never get the midcast gear, etc.

Simple direct commands can be sent, rather than having to use fake trigger spells (either re-purposing existing spells, or using the specially added trigger spells). Greatly simplifies code logic.

The reorganization of the coding logic into precast/midcast/aftercast/etc sections, as well as event handling for things like status change (idle vs engaged) or buff gain/loss, simplifies a lot of the logic that Spellcast simply mixed together. Makes debugging a lot easier.

Being able to query whether a set exists (eg: if sets.midcast[spell.name]) allows you to set up simple fallback default sets without having to explicitly know what specialized sets you've constructed. That makes the actual coding logic extremely simple, and it's just a matter of defining the actual sets you want to use.

Misc other random things, such as pet information (idle vs engaged, what head/frame/attachments is an automaton using, etc).

Overall it should be far easier for any given person to develop and use their own GearSwap file, though they may have to un-learn a lot of bad Spellcast practices.
[+]
 Phoenix.Raistlinmaj
By Phoenix.Raistlinmaj 2014-01-18 14:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Just curious, has the kaiser schaller +6% cure pot. been overlooked for cure cheat? or is it just a matter of not wanting to lose so much defense and -dt?
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-01-18 14:49:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Not so much overlooked, as not needed, for cure 4 at least. You can cure so much already, that it's hard enough to make a big enough HP difference to cover what we can cure without potency+ gear. And once you reach the point that you need potency in non accessory slot, there tend to be stronger options(or one ones with enmity+ on them too.)

But I do use schaller for my cure III cheat. Although, I haven't managed to get +6% cure. Since I'm absolutely not giving up +3 shield mastery. And I just haven't been lucky enough..... for the last several hundred tatters....
 Phoenix.Raistlinmaj
By Phoenix.Raistlinmaj 2014-01-18 14:59:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you managed to see both cure pot and mastery on the same result? I assumed it would either give one or the other if any.
Having never seen in like 400+ tries.
 Asura.Natenn
Server: Asura
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2014-01-18 15:23:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Raistlinmaj said: »
Have you managed to see both cure pot and mastery on the same result? I assumed it would either give one or the other if any.
Having never seen in like 400+ tries.
i got SM+3, Cure Potency+5%, FC+3 i just left it at that since the SM+3 is the main aug and 1% potency isn't that big of deal.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-01-18 15:28:41
Link | Quote | Reply

my Kaiser schaller is shieldmastery+3, curepotency +3% and fastcast+4.
 Phoenix.Raistlinmaj
By Phoenix.Raistlinmaj 2014-01-18 15:33:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Very nice, thus far FC+4 CP+6..and (/sigh) mp+16 best I've managed.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-01-20 09:31:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, unfortunately, we seem to have been rather behind the times on the subject of cure enmity.

I completely overlooked the major enmity adjustments that occurred awhile back. Everyone recall the mages pulling hate casting haste, etc? According to this test the current cure CE modifier is 40/170(0.235) not the 40/62(0.635) I was using. This is a major difference. We're actually getting about a third of the enmity we thought.

With the 0.635 mod, a 748 cure4 was 482/2892 CE/VE. 766/4596 after +59 enmity.

Now, with the 0.235 mod that same cure is 175/1050 CE/VE. 278/1668 after +59 enmity.

My flash gives better CE and VE than that. And is massively more mp efficient. And any of the good enmity spells give way more CE.

This throws the usefulness of cure cheats into serious doubt. Now the only major benefit they have, is the tiny recasts. But due to the MP costs rapid spam will drain your pool pretty quick. You could counter that will ballads/refresh, but if you have that level of support, you'd just get marches and use better hate spells.

Then there's the risk factor. Greatly lowering your max HP, and dropping def/pdt for every cast. If you have to spam these to make them useful, that greatly increases the risk.

After considering all of this, now I can really only see cure cheats as a last resort enmity tool, for when your subjob offers little to nothing for you to use. For example /nin. No hate tools at all from it. At least shadows mitigate the risks a bit.

More than ever, I feel PLD needs some new native enmity tools. And adjustments to existing JA. Every RUN JA has notable amounts of CE. Their SP1 has 1800/7200 CE/VE. Invincible has 1/7200. -.-; SE has pretty clearly learned a bit about making good enmity tools. They gave a ton of them to RUN. Now take a look at PLD SE.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-01-20 10:34:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Disappointing, at least it frees up some inventory.

If your damage isn't a concern, what would be the new best way to maintain capped enmity? /blu?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-01-20 10:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't really call it the New best way, as they were better even before this.

But /BLU and /DRK have the best enmity spells atm.

/BLU has the largest selection of enmity spells. Most are 320 CE/VE.With Jettatura being the exception at 180/1020. It's almost a flash equivalent, cept it's conal and has a painfully long recast(120 sec). But many of them are AoE. This can be a benefit or a problem depending on the situation. Also, while this usually isn't a problem, /BLU spells tend to have a short casting range. 10'~15' mostly. And finally, /BLU has the defensive benefit of Cocoon.

/DRK really only has 3 good enmity spells. Stun, absorb TP, and aspir. With aspir being one you only cast when the other recasts are down. There's also last resort amd souleater for VE spikes. But you'll want to cancel them right after use if you're tanking anything difficult. None of the spells are AoE, so using them in a crowded situation isn't an issue. And they all have a full 20' casting range. But using stun as a hate spell can be an issue on fights where you have a stunner, making the mob build resistance early.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-01-20 11:02:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't think of anything that even came close to the old formula with 2 marches and 2 ballads, but obviously not everyone has a pocket daur.

Are the values on kaeko's blog still current for BLU and DRK spells?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-01-20 12:50:06
Link | Quote | Reply

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/32909-April-30-2013-%28JST%29-Version-Update?p=425562&viewfull=1#post425562

scroll down a bit on this, and there's a huge list of all the spells that had their enmity reduced.

Stun/abs-tp aspir, and all blu spells are not on said list. So presumably they remain unchanged.
[+]
 Phoenix.Neosutrax
By Phoenix.Neosutrax 2014-01-21 08:51:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Couple decent items added in update. Cure Pot ilvl helm, as well as some new PDT gloves with -crit on them.
By Fafnir 2014-01-22 11:58:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting, in that same update it is stated Foil and Reprisal's enmity were increased, I wonder what the values are now.

Edit: As a baseline, Kanican's enmity table has Reprisal listed as 1/80 CE/VE
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-01-22 15:50:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Reprisal is currently 0/640. Screw you SE. Screw you.

Foil is 320/880.

It seems like neither of these values made it onto BG wiki. They're from a test somewhere on BG. Don't really feel like digging around for them atm though. And I don't wanna update the wiki without citing the source on the values.
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
Server: Carbuncle
user: Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2014-01-23 04:30:41
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm actually and since loooonnnnng time use windower macro for pld.
i'm look for perfect spellcast, i'm seeking for spellcast who can manage only tanking thing. i don't care about DD with ragnarok or spellcast who manage this : "<if spell="Poison V">"

if you have PLD spellcast who can swapgear for rampart, fakecure, phalanx and Burtgang aftermath please share me that ;)
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-01-23 07:40:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Not possible, all actions generate at least 1CE so Reprisal would be 1/640. This was tested a long time ago, cure 1 for 0 HP produces 1 CE.
 Siren.Alterego
Server: Siren
user: Darxoul
By Siren.Alterego 2014-01-23 08:26:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Akivatoo said: »
i'm actually and since loooonnnnng time use windower macro for pld.
i'm look for perfect spellcast, i'm seeking for spellcast who can manage only tanking thing. i don't care about DD with ragnarok or spellcast who manage this : "<if spell="Poison V">"

if you have PLD spellcast who can swapgear for rampart, fakecure, phalanx and Burtgang aftermath please share me that ;)
You might want to look into Gearswap instead of Spellcast.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/41580/gearswap/4/#2542414
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
Server: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2014-01-23 09:14:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't they change that at some point recently?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-01-23 09:20:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
Quote:

Not possible, all actions generate at least 1CE so Reprisal would be 1/640. This was tested a long time ago, cure 1 for 0 HP produces 1 CE.
Maybe SE screwed up and glitched it, but those are the results of the tests.

Dasva said:
All right time to test the spells they increased.

Anyways reprisal according to kanican was 1CE 80VE it actually seems to have 0 CE now (actually almost thinking it did before and they confused the last action thing...)... but tested it a few times definitely 0. Idk maybe they already made it so things can be 0. Anyways 640 VE so nice little bump

Foil was 80 CE, 240 VE. Now it's 320 CE, 880 VE... which is a really odd number I know but there it is. Pretty nice hate for a spell now. Shame run only lol
In the first place 1 CE minimum was something established before the enmity reduction update. It's strange certainly. But I consider Dasva a reliable enough player that I wouldn't dismiss his results.

But honestly... the thought of it being a glitch is quite appealing... maybe if I make a bug report they'll change it to 320/640. <,<
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-01-23 10:09:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah definitely a glitch. All actions generate at least 1CE otherwise you can get some very unpredictable results server side when recalculating enmity tables. Should definitely report it as a bug.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-01-23 13:22:32
Link | Quote | Reply

So, I retested and reconfirmed reprisal's enmity values. It's definitely 0 CE. and 640 VE.

Having made sure they didn't ninja fix it, I submitted a bug report on the OF.

All the likes on that post, please. maybe it'll make them notice it. <,<;
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-01-23 13:33:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
So, I retested and reconfirmed reprisal's enmity values. It's definitely 0 CE. and 640 VE.

Having made sure they didn't ninja fix it, I submitted a bug report on the OF.

All the likes on that post, please. maybe it'll make them notice it. <,<;
done!
 Phoenix.Neosutrax
By Phoenix.Neosutrax 2014-01-24 12:07:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone parsed their Ochain shield block rates on VD AA fights? I want to see if the increased difficulties is just raising the AA's levels, or if SE just bumps up their stats a lot.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2014-01-24 12:27:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm wondering if I'm misunderstanding how intervene works or if there was some bug here, had intervene on AAGK VD+cocoon+ochain+hybrid PDT (1800~def, 40% PDT) and took a 2700 fudo yesterday. I'm trying to figure out how this is even possible unless intervene bugged and capped the mobs attack instead of flooring it.
Code
[23:41:02]SPECIALCODEx1F>EArk SPECIALCODEx1F>EAngel SPECIALCODEx1F>EGK uses Tachi: Fudo.
[23:41:02]÷Dramatica takes 2740 points of damage.
[23:41:02]÷Dramatica was defeated by SPECIALCODEx1F>EArk SPECIALCODEx1F>EAngel SPECIALCODEx1F>EGK.
[23:41:03]Not enough TP.
[23:41:03]÷Dramatica's SPECIALCODEx1F>¿Stoneskin effect wears off.
[23:41:06](Dramatica) what
[23:41:06]SPECIALCODEx1F>EArk SPECIALCODEx1F>EAngel's SPECIALCODEx1F>EWyvern hits îPlusx for 228 points of damage.
[23:41:08]Ryeka uses Celerity.
[23:41:09]Ryeka starts casting Arise on ÷Dramatica.
[23:41:10](Suji) binding
[23:41:10]SPECIALCODEx1F>EArk SPECIALCODEx1F>EAngel's SPECIALCODEx1F>EWyvern hits îPlusx for 192 points of damage.
[23:41:11]SPECIALCODEx1F>EArk SPECIALCODEx1F>EAngel SPECIALCODEx1F>EGK hits SPECIALCODEx1F>ÌCarmisse for 762 points of damage.
[23:41:11]œSuji uses Shadowbind.
[23:41:11]SPECIALCODEx1F>EArk SPECIALCODEx1F>EAngel SPECIALCODEx1F>EGK is bind.
[23:41:12]<Rhapsode> ...
[23:41:12]Ryeka casts Arise on ÷Dramatica.
[23:41:17]SPECIALCODEx1F>EArk SPECIALCODEx1F>EAngel SPECIALCODEx1F>EGK's SPECIALCODEx1F>¿Intervene effect wears off.
First Page 2 3 ... 30 31 32 ... 45 46 47