Paladin FAQ, Info, And Trade Studies.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Paladin FAQ, Info, and Trade Studies.
Paladin FAQ, Info, and Trade Studies.
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 45 46 47
 Bahamut.Krizz
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2011-12-02 07:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I had my merc sword in my bazaar for 600k from before I quit. The day I reactivated my account, I didn't think to check. Someone bought it, and I couldn't convince them to let me buy it back from them for any price. Almost made me /ragequit and not resume playing.
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
Server: Carbuncle
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2011-12-02 07:22:10
Link | Quote | Reply

sucks bro, but on the bright sight, gil isnt that hard to come by anymore anyways lol,

getting that 3mil exp for your ws's is gona get lots of cruor >_<
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2011-12-02 07:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Well we've got 15m+ in currency right now for my Aegis so if we really needed gil (we've got 5-6m between us right now) we could sell some of it. Would rather not do that though. There's really not much to spend it on anyway (I say this, but I have 13m worth of gear on my PLD to get list, lol).

Cruor is being stashed to brew the ***out of things =D That Almace and Ocain won't finish themselves.
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2011-12-02 07:34:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't seen much testing on the new ws's, but from what ive seen gsword is def gona be 1 choice for me,

i wana pick a ws for my pld though, and im waiting to see results from club or sword ws >_<.
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2011-12-02 07:36:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I have WHM so I'll most likely be doing sword, club, and possibly staff. It'll depend on how things end up on the live server.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2011-12-02 07:36:50
Link | Quote | Reply

When I recapped all my combat skills awhile back, I went out the the fear dearg on PLD/MNK, with a WHM, and used counter stance. Had a few 1 DMG weapons to make my mobs last longer and capped like 4 weapons in one pull. Used counter+ and regen atmas. And one of those skill up foods.

Fastest skillups ever.
 Phoenix.Neosutra
Server: Phoenix
user: neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2011-12-02 20:24:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't think you could skill up on counters, but maybe it's changed.

I do know it works on Retaliation. Capping all war combat skills fast as hell in Abyssea with about 20 mobs on you and Retaliation active.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2011-12-02 21:23:28
Link | Quote | Reply

You can definitely skill up on counters, and counterstancing 20 mnk mobs makes for amazing skill ups. Assuming you can survive. XD
 Odin.Brocovich
Server: Odin
user: Brocovich
By Odin.Brocovich 2011-12-05 03:00:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I can confirm the counterstance-skillup-method works very well, but even with only 6 EM mandys I had problems to survive. with phalanx/counterstance they hit me for ~30, with phalanx only for 0. I macroed Ochain for cures and switched back to staff/GS after cure but think without Ochain you cant tank more than 2-3 without healer.
 Fenrir.Crystenne
Server: Fenrir
user: Crysten
By Fenrir.Crystenne 2011-12-05 03:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Neosutra said: »
Basically:

Almace shined in pure DD/enmity generation in it's ~20% higher WS value over Vorpal and the ODD (about 30% at 100 tp).

The new WS appears to outdo CDC by a good margin, and can be used with any weapon (higher base damage weapons since it's rare you're going to take Almace above 90).

In this regard, how feasible would an OA2-4 sword be compared to an Almace? Seeing as how potent a Joytoy setup was with Atonement at 75 I would imagine that'd be a reasonable alternative.
 Carbuncle.Blazer
user: blazey
By Carbuncle.Blazer 2011-12-05 09:31:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry if this is in some other thread, I have yet to uncover this, but can someone link the stats to 99 ochain/aegis? Kinda curious.
 Phoenix.Neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2011-12-05 09:46:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ochain DEF:40 VIT+25 Converts 35% of damage taken to MP upon successful block after circle Lv.99

PLD Aegis DEF:40 Augements "Shield Bash" VI -50% Magic damage taken after circle Lv.99 PLD

No info yet on what after circle does.

And it is assumed the MDT cap remains at 87.5%, meaning you'll only need 37.5% MDT to cap out.

Also:

Odin.Brocovich said: »
I can confirm the counterstance-skillup-method works very well, but even with only 6 EM mandys I had problems to survive. with phalanx/counterstance they hit me for ~30, with phalanx only for 0. I macroed Ochain for cures and switched back to staff/GS after cure but think without Ochain you cant tank more than 2-3 without healer.

The new WS would suffer from the lower based damage of the OAT sword. In VW it wouldn't be worth the loss of damage for the increased TP rate since you get fresh TP wings quit often. Wouldn't "suck" outside abyssea, but I'd still use other options.

I'd say: Burtgang > Excal > Almace > WoE+2 ~= DA+ Sword > standard Magian sword for Enmity generating DPS when factoring in the new WS. Excal may win for total DPS depending on situation/buffs.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-12-05 10:01:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Wasn't the aftercircle on aegis and ochain found to be a typo on the JP client? If not, awesome but I thought I recalled seeing something like that.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-12-05 10:21:04
Link | Quote | Reply

They changed it to "afterglow" in the second patch.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-12-05 10:27:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder what it will do then, and how will it activate and will it stack with the weapon effects? They could potentially make it badass or they could screw it all up.
 Phoenix.Neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2011-12-05 10:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Or the ***could just glow.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2011-12-05 14:04:53
Link | Quote | Reply

The thing I don't get is, what would activate afterglow for a shield? For weapons, aftermath has always been post WS activation. But that doesn't make much sense for a shield.
 Ifrit.Showmo
Server: Ifrit
user: showmo456
By Ifrit.Showmo 2011-12-05 14:08:30
Link | Quote | Reply

In the final limit break quest, Atori-Tutori ???'s hand-to-hand weapons glow when he engages, and the glow disappears when disengaged. I'm guessing that's likely what After Glow will be. [Video]
 Phoenix.Neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2011-12-05 19:47:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep that's what I'm thinking. Just a special "I got a relic/mythic/empy" bonus glow. People looking for Aura effects from Aegis/Ochain will most likely be greatly let down.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2011-12-05 19:54:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I just don't see why the weapon glowing would be in the item description. Sagasinger, or any other glowing weapon, doesn't say anything about it.

If that's all it is, why change the item description? And why replace the usual aftermath text with it? If this is just to indicate that it'll glow when aftermath is up, then same deal as above.

I'm not trying to claim that the shields will gain aoe effects. Just that changing the items Stats(description) over a purely graphical adjustment seems really weird.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-12-05 20:30:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Clearly SE is going to add a shield ws so you can activate it!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-12-05 20:58:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
Like Shield Bash? =P
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2011-12-05 21:04:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ark angel EV's Shield Strike, please. Cone AoE stun? Yes, please. XD
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-12-05 21:47:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Grandthief said: »
Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
Like Shield Bash? =P
I was thinking like one that took TP but be very powerful and have some kind of very cool effect and yeah, shield strike or Sir Ragelise's version would be worth it.
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2011-12-05 21:47:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Ark angel EV's Shield Strike, please. Cone AoE stun? Yes, please. XD
Don't get my hopes up :(
 Fenrir.Crystenne
user: Crysten
By Fenrir.Crystenne 2011-12-06 02:42:34
Link | Quote | Reply

While it'd be a gimmick to have it glow on the Aftermath, I will say it'd be pretty friggin' cool, lol.
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2011-12-06 17:10:03
Link | Quote | Reply

PLD just keeps getting better and better =D

Enlight and Sanguine Blade are both fun.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Maldini
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: maldini
By Quetzalcoatl.Maldini 2011-12-10 19:08:05
Link | Quote | Reply

@Neosutra : can you post a link to the list of new armor found on test server, I can't for the life of me find it anywhere.

thank you.
 Phoenix.Neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2011-12-11 19:52:47
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/106679-Test-Server-Findings?p=4917442&viewfull=1#post4917442

Bottom of the page.

That doesn't include the armor that was in the recent patch (nyzle+5 gear, etc). Just stuff that may/should be in the 99 update.

Nothing really jumped out at me as "amazing" on that list. Few damage down pieces and situational replacements. Couple side grade WS pieces..
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 45 46 47