Would I Be Able To...?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Would I be able to...?
Would I be able to...?
First Page 2 3 4 ... 8 9 10
 Asura.Alexstaifter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Alexstaifter 2011-04-05 08:52:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Rowland said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
If I walk past a MNK soloing with a staff I'm going to say he's gimp.

You're gimp if you're doing things intentionally wrong to be a snowflake.
But how else am I going to get amber lights as a monk?! Cataclysm farming!

Damn :(

Ok...

If a BRD is doing every song with a harp he's a gimp, whether he's soloing or partying.

Assuming of course that their singing and wind isnt already cap and they are just building their string cap up, just for people who like to get things to cap.
[+]
By Serj 2011-04-05 08:52:58
Link | Quote | Reply

A mnk soloing with a staff could just be trying to cap amber light. Just sayin.
[+]
 Ramuh.Urial
Server: Ramuh
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2011-04-05 08:53:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Serj said:
Ramuh.Urial said:
Serj said:
Ramuh.Urial said:
And people tell me I'm wrong when I say the quality of players in XI has gone to ***. lol.

Honestly, it's exactly the same as it always has been.
Wait. You mean the losers get decent gear now? /whistle

Dude, 99% of relic users in the past we're "HUUUURRRRRR DURRRRRRRR" HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. Same with most people with good hnm/salvage gear. Only difference is that the low-middle range of players suck a bit less since they can get decent gear.
Melons/Attribute has an Empy weapon. Your argument is invalid.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-04-05 08:53:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alexstaifter said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Rowland said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Ok...

If a BRD is doing every song with a harp he's a gimp, whether he's soloing or partying.

Assuming of course that their singing and wind isnt already cap and they are just building their string cap up, just for people who like to get things to cap.

Still gimp.
[+]
By Serj 2011-04-05 08:53:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Urial said:
Serj said:
Ramuh.Urial said:
Serj said:
Ramuh.Urial said:
And people tell me I'm wrong when I say the quality of players in XI has gone to ***. lol.

Dude, 99% of relic users in the past we're "HUUUURRRRRR DURRRRRRRR" HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. Same with most people with good hnm/salvage gear. Only difference is that the low-middle range of players suck a bit less since they can get decent gear.

That's exactly what my argument was!
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-04-05 08:53:56
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want to be gimp by using a shitty sub go for it.

Don't try to justify it though.
[+]
 Valefor.Kensagaku
Server: Valefor
user: Kensagaku
By Valefor.Kensagaku 2011-04-05 08:54:23
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not that we don't want to see your point, man, but simply that the point doesn't have concrete evidence backing it.

/DNC has its uses for survivability, but between the slow attack speed (giving you at best... what, 15 HP per swing?) making Sambas a bad idea, and that TP can be much better used for WS (i.e. Drakes or Penta if you don't have the former) rather than for waltzes.

Go /WHM and grab an Ethereal Earring, you've got your status removals and shouldn't have any MP issues unless the mob is hitting you for less than 33 damage per hit, at which point healing shouldn't really be much of an issue unless it's got like Hundred Fists of Gimp that it's hitting you with.

Healing Breath isn't that hard to trigger in most solos, and unless a mob is hitting you for like 30% of your HP per hit, you shouldn't have a hard time activating Healing Breath at 50% (Drachen Armet) and surviving 'til it goes off. Apply Wyvern HP gear and breath boosters and boom, you have HP. Healing Breath at base usually is at 400-ish for me, at full XP is roughly 585, and I still need my Wyvern Mail which could put me above 600. This puts you waaay above the max 350 you're getting by burning off half a WS's worth of TP.

In other words, yes, you are choosing a gimp playstyle for your DRG. It's not that it can't work, but that the majority of the DRG community, especially those that have tested it, know that /mage is the superior and efficient way in which to solo.
[+]
 Asura.Alexstaifter
By Asura.Alexstaifter 2011-04-05 08:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:

Under the conditions that follow it is not gimp.

Clearly you all say "go ahead and be gimp" but if you really meant it, you would not sit here and argue with me about it being gimp in the first place and leave me to my own "mistaken" ideas.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-04-05 08:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:

this
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-04-05 08:56:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alexstaifter said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Clearly you all say "go ahead and be gimp" but if you really meant it, you would not sit here and argue with me about it being gimp in the first place and leave me to my own "mistaken" ideas.

Not really. I like to point out flaws.

If you're using /drg you're using an inferior sub just because you're stubborn.

Therefore, gimp.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2011-04-05 08:56:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alexstaifter said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Rowland said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Ok...

No, you cap on your own time or cycling threnody's if you want. However, now there is a nice harp of ballad for you to cap skill with (just watch your range on ballad2 or you will get the whole party ; ;).
[+]
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2011-04-05 08:57:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Serj said:
Ramuh.Urial said:
Serj said:
Ramuh.Urial said:
Serj said:
Ramuh.Urial said:

That's exactly what my argument was!
Idk though he makes old relic wielders seem like Gods...IDK though most relic wielders I met weren't hurrr durr...except like the occasional officers in Empi....ehem....I mean linkshell officers who kissed up to shell holders for funded. But as it stood on Ramuh with it's limited number of relics typically the people who had them were dedicated. In the end it's all irrelevant though.
[+]
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2011-04-05 08:58:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alexstaifter said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

People are arguing because you wont shut up and accept the fact that you are an idiot.
[+]
 Asura.Alexstaifter
By Asura.Alexstaifter 2011-04-05 09:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Urial said:
Asura.Alexstaifter said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

People are arguing because you wont shut up and accept the fact that you are an idiot.

Cause I am not an idiot, just cause I will not accept someone's design on something does not imply anything of a inferior thought process.

Bahamut.Kara said:
Asura.Alexstaifter said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Rowland said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Ok...

No, you cap on your own time or cycling threnody's if you want. However, now there is a nice harp of ballad for you to cap skill with (just watch your range on ballad2 or you will get the whole party ; ;).

In a party, I agree they should not be doing that

But in solo play they can do whatever the hell they like.
[+]
 Valefor.Kensagaku
Server: Valefor
user: Kensagaku
By Valefor.Kensagaku 2011-04-05 09:02:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alexstaifter said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

I'm only arguing because I believe that it's an obvious mistake. It's not that /DNC couldn't work in situations, but that it's an inefficient and slow way to solo, as well as one that is more likely to kill you than going /mage.

Stop trying to justify it. If you want to still do it, fine. If you don't like being called gimp? Stop defending it, and accept that it is. Gimp doesn't mean you can't play the game, or that we're going to suddenly block your FFXI access. It just means that you're taking a socially unacceptable route. You wanna continue? Then by all means keep soloing /DNC, we're not stopping you, merely informing you that it's a poor choice.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-04-05 09:02:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alexstaifter said:
Look at me, the Unique snowflake.

K.
[+]
 Ramuh.Lorzy
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-04-05 09:02:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alexstaifter said:
Ramuh.Urial said:
Asura.Alexstaifter said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Cause I am not an idiot, just cause I will not accept someone's design on something does not imply anything of a inferior thought process.

Bahamut.Kara said:
Asura.Alexstaifter said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Rowland said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Ok...

you can do whatever the hell you like. if whatever the hell you like is drg/dnc, it's inferior to /mage. nobody cares what you do solo, but being solo doesn't make something not suck.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Alexstaifter
By Asura.Alexstaifter 2011-04-05 09:06:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Kensagaku said:
Asura.Alexstaifter said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

I'm only arguing because I believe that it's an obvious mistake. It's not that /DNC couldn't work in situations, but that it's an inefficient and slow way to solo, as well as one that is more likely to kill you than going /mage.

Stop trying to justify it. If you want to still do it, fine. If you don't like being called gimp? Stop defending it, and accept that it is. Gimp doesn't mean you can't play the game, or that we're going to suddenly block your FFXI access. It just means that you're taking a socially unacceptable route. You wanna continue? Then by all means keep soloing /DNC, we're not stopping you, merely informing you that it's a poor choice.

A poor choice in what condition?

all this comes down to a point of view, and in simple understanding.

If I am playing alone and in the method I choose to play with works for me, it is than not a poor choice.

Yes I can, sure other choices are there, and some of these choices are more widely used in the community, but that does not make my choice any less of anything.

Same example could be said a person playing a fighting game on a arcade stick and on a controller, a great deal of people can say the arcade stick is better, but If I feel the controller is better, than what my personal choice that has no effect on anyone else should not matter, even if it is disagreed on.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-04-05 09:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alexstaifter said:
Valefor.Kensagaku said:
Asura.Alexstaifter said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

If I am playing alone and in the method I choose to play with works for me, it is than not a poor choice.

Yes I can, sure other choices are there, and some of these choices are more widely used in the community, but that does not make my choice any less of anything.

Same example could be said a person playing a fighting game on a arcade stick and on a controller, a great deal of people can say the arcade stick is better, but If I feel the controller is better, than what my personal choice that has no effect on anyone else should not matter, even if it is disagreed on.

Math.
[+]
 Asura.Alexstaifter
By Asura.Alexstaifter 2011-04-05 09:07:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lorzy said:
Asura.Alexstaifter said:
Ramuh.Urial said:
Asura.Alexstaifter said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Bahamut.Kara said:
Asura.Alexstaifter said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Rowland said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Ok...

you can do whatever the hell you like. if whatever the hell you like is drg/dnc, it's inferior to /mage. nobody cares what you do solo, but being solo doesn't make something not suck.

To you it is inferior, I would disagree.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-04-05 09:07:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alexstaifter said:
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
Asura.Alexstaifter said:
Ramuh.Urial said:
Asura.Alexstaifter said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Bahamut.Kara said:
Asura.Alexstaifter said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Rowland said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Ok...

To you it is inferior, I would disagree.

You would be wrong.
[+]
 Asura.Alexstaifter
By Asura.Alexstaifter 2011-04-05 09:08:11
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-04-05 09:08:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alexstaifter said:

[+]
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-04-05 09:09:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alexstaifter said:
Valefor.Kensagaku said:
Asura.Alexstaifter said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

if you are playing alone and the method you chose was slower, more inefficient, and more difficult, then it is a poor choice.
[+]
 Asura.Alexstaifter
By Asura.Alexstaifter 2011-04-05 09:10:16
Link | Quote | Reply

but serious, My statement is still true
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-04-05 09:10:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure it is, gimpy.
[+]
 Asura.Alexstaifter
By Asura.Alexstaifter 2011-04-05 09:10:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lorzy said:
Asura.Alexstaifter said:
Valefor.Kensagaku said:
Asura.Alexstaifter said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

if you are playing alone and the method you chose was slower, more inefficient, and more difficult, then it is a poor choice.

you assume it is "slower, more inefficient and more difficult.

It is not for me.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-04-05 09:11:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alexstaifter said:
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
Asura.Alexstaifter said:
Valefor.Kensagaku said:
Asura.Alexstaifter said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

It is not for me.

Suck less.
[+]
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-04-05 09:11:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alexstaifter said:
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
Asura.Alexstaifter said:
Valefor.Kensagaku said:
Asura.Alexstaifter said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

It is not for me.
this guy is so cool that he DEFIES MATH
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 ... 8 9 10