Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-02-07 17:50:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Articuno isn't used for online play due to it being one of:

You son of a ***. Lol

So he isn't banned? He really isn't very strong without good strategy.
[+]
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2015-02-07 18:08:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope it isn't there are different restrictions for different tournaments for example.

2015 International Challenge February

Region: International
Registration Period: February 19th 2015 - February 26th 2015
Battle Period: February 27th 2015 - March 1st 2015
Battle Type: Double Battle
Battle Limits: 10 Battles per day
Pokémon Restrictions: National Pokédex.
Banned Pokémon: Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, and Diancie, Pokémon not captured or hatched in X, Y, Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire
Entry Gift: None

The 2014 International Challenge February is the first International Challenge in 2015. This competition is open to people in all regions across the world and it runs the standard VGC Rules for 2015. This competition does not give Championship Points for Play! Pokémon players.

and!

Generation Showdown

Region: International
Registration Period: February 5th 2015 - February 12th 2015
Battle Period: February 13th 2015 - February 14th 2015
Battle Type: Double Battle
Battle Limits: 10 Battles per day
Pokémon Restrictions: National Pokédex. Up to 2 of the following allowed: Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Xerneas, Yveltal or Zygarde
Banned Pokémon: Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect or Diancie
Entry Gift: 1000 PokéMiles

This competition is the second for Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire and as runs the GS Cup rules from the official ruleset. You can use any Pokémon in the National Pokédex barring Mythical Pokémon, but you are limited in that you can use up to two of Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Xerneas, Yveltal or Zygarde in your team.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-02-07 18:27:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Phione is banned? I'm curious.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-07 20:29:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Probably added since it's a mythical, and all other mythicals are banned.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-02-07 20:45:42
Link | Quote | Reply

80 base stats across the board, banning them is about as pointless as actually using one.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-07 22:18:05
Link | Quote | Reply

80 base stats across the board, banning them is about as pointless as actually using one.
Moveset sucks, stats suck, typing sucks.

Phione is the red-headed stepchild of mythical pokemon.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-02-08 10:23:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, I have this need to try to rationalize stuff in some Anime so I got to thinking about legendary Pokemon.

As we see in the anime, legendary doesn't mean one-of-a-kind, we see three Lugia, (two in Johto, one in the Orange Islands), confirmed two different Mewtwo, two Mew, five or so Genesect, most likely at least two Articuno, two sets of golems, and likely two Darkrai in the anime and a third in a movie. There is nothing to show that the Ho-Oh seen by Ash isn't the same one as it is never interacted with.

Of those, one Lugia and one Articuno are befriended but not caught officially which is odd given the fact that the Articuno was used in a sanctioned match but was not "legally" owned. I believe the owned set of golems were the first to be shown legitimately caught and trained in the anime followed by a Darkrai used in a league tournament. You get the point, legendaries aren't one-of-a-kind, including Mewtwo.

Let's parallel legendary Pokemon to real world cryptids and the like. In the Pokemon world, there'd probably be an awkward old man claiming he was abducted by Deoxys, someone claiming they saw an Entei in the woods and having a fuzzy video of it, someone who has faked pictures of Lugia, and a kid who claims Darkrai is under their bed. Most people probably wouldn't believe them although they may know of the Pokemon through myths they'd see them as nothing more. This brings me to the "genderless" designation, unless you're "Bobo" Fay, you wouldn't see a sasquatch and attempt to determine it's gender, though it's mammalian so figuring it out wouldn't be too difficult. My point is legendaries have genders, they are just so rarely seen that no one can tell male from female or are considered myths so no one gives it a second thought or are so shocked to see them they just don't care. These rare Pokemon could be assumed to not reproduce in captivity which makes pointing out their gender in-game pointless. Legendaries having genders is somewhat supported by Meloetta being referred to with female pronouns in the anime.

All that out of the way, here are some thoughts on some legendaries:

Mewtwo: Mewtwo is originally seen with a masculine voice but in his first appearance in the movie, Dr. Fuji sayes "...we can't lose this one." This implies that there had been many failures prior to Giovanni's Mewtwo, and could also be a nod to Amber, Charmander, Bulbasaur, and Squirtle as 'other ones' but what if there was another Mewtwo that was promised to someone else that was female? I didn't watch the Genesect movie so I don't know much about the second Mewtwo.

Manaphy and Phione: I've been trying to figure out just what the hell Phione is and I've come to two possible ideas; Phione is either a mutation caused by a Manaphy breeding with something other than another Manaphy and thus producing impure and slightly weaker offspring OR Phione are a species of their own that can breed and occasionally a Manaphy is born which would become their leader. Kinda like the Gerudo of LoZ or a queen bee but different.

Genesect: Not much to say here, but I'd like to see what Genesect was prior to being altered by Team Plasma. A Kabutops maybe?

Before I finish, I'll make something up to make the term "Shiny" make sense. The term was originally a fan-made term which was adopted officially but why would a red Gyrados or black Charizard be described as 'shiny'? Let's just assume most people never saw a shiny in-game till the red Gyrados in Gold and Silver, the Lake of Rage was first seen overrun by angry Gyrados who were stimulated into evolving by Team Rocket's radio signal implying it was one of those who had evolved. It's possible that as a Magikarp, it was well known around Mahogany Town and seen as an attraction due to its gold, thus 'shiny', coloring thus alternatively colored pokemon became referred to as "shiny" much like how a person with Albinism is simply referred to as "Albino." (Which some consider offensive btw.)

...I think too much.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-08 21:04:27
Link | Quote | Reply

There is nothing to show that the Ho-Oh seen by Ash isn't the same one as it is never interacted with.
If you are talking about the Ho-Oh shown in the first episode:

It's really the shiny version of Ho-oh:

Before I finish, I'll make something up to make the term "Shiny" make sense. The term was originally a fan-made term which was adopted officially but why would a red Gyrados or black Charizard be described as 'shiny'? Let's just assume most people never saw a shiny in-game till the red Gyrados in Gold and Silver, the Lake of Rage was first seen overrun by angry Gyrados who were stimulated into evolving by Team Rocket's radio signal implying it was one of those who had evolved. It's possible that as a Magikarp, it was well known around Mahogany Town and seen as an attraction due to its gold, thus 'shiny', coloring thus alternatively colored pokemon became referred to as "shiny" much like how a person with Albinism is simply referred to as "Albino." (Which some consider offensive btw.)
The term was made because of the animation associated with finding one:

It's not that the poke is actually shining, it's that it's so rare and the animation it produces signifies a shining color/coat.

...I think too much.

Yes, we got to fix that.

Take two and call me when you wake up.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
Server: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2015-02-09 00:40:02
Link | Quote | Reply

There is nothing to show that the Ho-Oh seen by Ash isn't the same one as it is never interacted with.

It's not that the poke is actually shining, it's that it's so rare and the animation it produces signifies a shining color/coat.

...I think too much.

Yes, we got to fix that.

... Two shots or two bottles? >_> *** it, You Only Live Online.
[+]
 Siren.Novadragon
Server: Siren
By Siren.Novadragon 2015-02-09 12:16:53
Link | Quote | Reply

The moment you have been waiting for. The serial code for the Shell Armor Samurott event is now active. The code, as expected, is POKEMON503 and is currently live in Europe, Australia and will likely be in North America in a few hours.

Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-02-09 12:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

...I think too much.

Yes, we got to fix that.

I know, Ho-Oh's design wasn't finished in the first episode so he was just solid gold.

As for the Shiny thing, I was making up a non-game reason for the term.

Siren.Novadragon said: »
The moment you have been waiting for. The serial code for the Shell Armor Samurott event is now active. The code, as expected, is POKEMON503 and is currently live in Europe, Australia and will likely be in North America in a few hours.

'Bout damn time.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-02-09 13:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Statement: Prior to 3DS, I used to hack a bit here and there and I've resisted moving anything touched by AR to ORAS, except a Darkrai and Shaymin that I had from using AR to get the event items. I like the Shaymin so I did move it and will keep it just not use it against anyone. The Darkrai... I don't really care too much for.

Question: Does having these two Pokemon on my cart kinda undermine the value of the legit Genesect and Keldeo I have? Basically, I want to be upfront about how I got Shaymin and Darkrai.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-09 13:25:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Question: Does having these two Pokemon on my cart kinda undermine the value of the legit Genesect and Keldeo I have? Basically, I want to be upfront about how I got Shaymin and Darkrai.
Not really. I mean, think about it, those pokes are only for national dex entries now. No tournament worth it's salt will allow any of those pokes from being entered.

Mythical Pokes are just generally trophy pieces now.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-02-09 13:32:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really. I mean, think about it, those pokes are only for national dex entries now. No tournament worth it's salt will allow any of those pokes from being entered.

They are allowed in passerby battles, I think.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-09 13:34:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Possible (I don't do Passerby Battles with non-Kalos born pokes), don't really know.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-02-09 13:41:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Possible (I don't do Passerby Battles with non-Kalos born pokes), don't really know.
Well, I do have a Dragonite that was born in Hoenn but its mother was from Johto, it inherited a lure ball. I was kinda shocked, I thought migrating the mother would reset the ball to a pokeball or the lure ball wouldn't be inherited like cherish balls.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-02-09 13:44:15
Link | Quote | Reply

They are, but as said above, "normal" people do not use them. Some legendary include signature moves or the ability to learn a lot of different moves, but they offer no point for competition with other players.

I've done a few passerby battles here and they all had a full legendary team. They were mostly casual, though, as expected. Finding pokémons you like and bringing them to be competitive is the point of this game, PVP wise.

Unless you really love them in which case there are limited legendary allowed tournaments, see those pokémons as nothing more than a PVE thing.

If you want info about bans and pokémons that have stats near legendary or are very strong in general (Blaziken is a good example of a pokémon that will ***on legendary ones), check Smogon.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-09 13:47:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I do have a Dragonite that was born in Hoenn but its mother was from Johto, it inherited a lure ball. I was kinda shocked, I thought migrating the mother would reset the ball to a pokeball or the lure ball wouldn't be inherited like cherish balls.
Sounds like you transferred Gen V to Gen VI, which babies kept the balls of the mothers (I believe).
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-02-09 13:54:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like you transferred Gen V to Gen VI, which babies kept the balls of the mothers (I believe).
Right, unless the mother is a Ditto or is in a cherish ball which results in a standard pokeball.

EDIT: The mother came from HG, transferred to B2, then to AS.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-09 13:56:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, btw Kojo.

How's your Shiny Protean Froakie breeding going? I haven't seen an update in a while.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-02-09 13:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, btw Kojo.

How's your Shiny Protean Froakie breeding going? I haven't seen an update in a while.
I started leveling and training other project Pokemon and haven't hatched any in awhile.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-09 14:03:32
Link | Quote | Reply

You ever going to fill your national pokedex like me?

(Trust me, it's a big pain in the ***)

BTW, managed to trade my other 6/6 Modest Ralts for a Zapdos, so I don't have to worry about Kanto birds or starting Y all over again just for that one bird (saved me 15-20 hours of gameplay!)
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-02-09 14:11:59
Link | Quote | Reply

BTW, managed to trade my other 6/6 Modest Ralts for a Zapdos, so I don't have to worry about Kanto birds or starting Y all over again just for that one bird (saved me 15-20 hours of gameplay!)
I have a full set of birds, Mewtwo, Ho-oh and two Lugia, Reshiram and Zekrom, two sets of the swords including one Keldeo, two of the lake guardians, Phione, two Deoxys, Genesect, Latios and Latias, Kyogre, that green dragon thing, and Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina, and Yvetal. Most of those weren't captured on my AS but either traded for or transferred from an older game. I also have another full set of lake guardians beasts of Johto, and of course the Darkrai and Shaymin.

EDIT: Wait, I had three Deoxys but I think I traded one or sent it to Y, not sure. Two of them aren't GTS tradable.

EDIT2: I also have 2-3 Cresselia, one of which IS from AS. That island appeared to me one morning.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-09 14:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a full set of birds, Mewtwo, Ho-oh and two Lugia, Reshiram and Zekrom, two sets of the swords including one Keldeo, two of the lake guardians, Phione, two Deoxys, Genesect, Latios and Latias, Kyogre, that green dragon thing, and Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina, and Yvetal. Most of those weren't captured on my AS but either traded for or transferred from an older game. I also have another full set of lake guardians beasts of Johto, and of course the Darkrai and Shaymin.
God damn, you basically wrote what I'm missing (besides my trade evolutions).

I have Zapdos (can capture Moltres in X and Articuno in Y), Lugia (can capture Ho-oh in OR), none of the Regis (can capture in AS), need Groundon and Sky Pillar Dragon, plus Deoxys, got all 3 Lake pokes, got Dialga, but need Palkia, got Giratina, got the 3 dragons from BW, got the 3 dogs from BW, got XYZ legends from XY.

Last night did a quick count, need about 26 more Pokes until completed National.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-02-09 19:34:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Got a Celebi, put it up for a Jirachi, both were gen'd. Looks like Diancie lacks the ribbon to prohibit GTS trading so I put Jirachi up for one. Currently on third Diancie. These people aren't even trying, first was in a master ball then a pokeball, now a safari ball. Do they even lift?!
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2015-02-09 20:33:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »

They are, but as said above, "normal" people do not use them. Some legendary include signature moves or the ability to learn a lot of different moves, but they offer no point for competition with other players.

I've done a few passerby battles here and they all had a full legendary team. They were mostly casual, though, as expected. Finding pokémons you like and bringing them to be competitive is the point of this game, PVP wise.

Unless you really love them in which case there are limited legendary allowed tournaments, see those pokémons as nothing more than a PVE thing.

If you want info about bans and pokémons that have stats near legendary or are very strong in general (Blaziken is a good example of a pokémon that will ***on legendary ones), check Smogon.

None of the smogon rules actually apply to anything in game everything online is a free for all pretty much unless Game freak actually put in place you cant use X Pokémon but that's only stronger legendries. I've encountered many teams in free battles on the battle spot that are Arceus, Darkrai and Genesects or the "banned" normal pokemon like M-Blaziken, M-Kangashkhan and M-Gengar.

God damn, you basically wrote what I'm missing (besides my trade evolutions).

I have Zapdos (can capture Moltres in X and Articuno in Y), Lugia (can capture Ho-oh in OR), none of the Regis (can capture in AS), need Groundon and Sky Pillar Dragon, plus Deoxys, got all 3 Lake pokes, got Dialga, but need Palkia, got Giratina, got the 3 dragons from BW, got the 3 dogs from BW, got XYZ legends from XY.

Last night did a quick count, need about 26 more Pokes until completed National.

Im so close as well the ones I need I just need to breed them and evolve or catch them on X/Y.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-02-09 20:51:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I got the Dex entries, I'm about to just give up on a legitimate Diancie since I found out that.. They can't be traded on GTS.

Anyone have a legit Meloetta and if so what would it take to get someone to part with it in an FC trade?

EDIT: Also, got my Samurott. :)
 Siren.Novadragon
Server: Siren
By Siren.Novadragon 2015-02-10 11:00:28
Link | Quote | Reply

For those of you in the UK, the retailer GAME has announced that the Mythical Pokémon Darkrai is to be distributed at their stores from Friday February 13th. This event only Pokémon has been released previously, but has only been obtainable as a Generation VI native through a Japanese event so far.

Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-02-10 11:02:01
Link | Quote | Reply

@ boygirl
looking for the diancie, to register on the pokedex?
if so, you can borrow mine.
legit one too.
First Page 2 3 ... 205 206 207 ... 224 225 226