[+]
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2011-03-07 15:46:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The World Merge, which was originally scheduled to take place on Mar. 16, 2011, will now be conducted at the same time as the upcoming major version update, which will include, among other things, adjustments to relieve congestion in certain areas, and new game content.

As soon as it is available, the schedule of the upcoming major version update will be announced in the Information section.

Details concerning the update will be posted on both the official website and official forum starting tomorrow.

*Please refer to the following for the details on the official forum.
http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11eu/detail/6286/detail.html

However, the suspension of following services will be conducted as scheduled.

Starting on Mar. 2, 2011 12:00 (GMT):
- Both "Creating new characters" and "Issuing Gold World Pass" on designated world has been suspended. These services are scheduled to be reinstated upon the completion of the World Merge.

Starting on Mar. 7, 2011 15:00 (GMT):
- Within the World Transfer Service, name of source worlds will be removed from the list of destination world.
*Other than the transfer to source worlds, World Transfer Service will be available.

- Character Reactivation Service will be unavailable. A notification will be posted once the service is available again.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

For the lazy.
[+]
 Asura.Rinkydink
Server: Asura
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2011-03-07 15:46:38
Link | Quote | Reply

SE said:
The World Merge, which was originally scheduled to take place on Mar. 16, 2011, will now be conducted at the same time as the upcoming major version update, which will include, among other things, adjustments to relieve congestion in certain areas, and new game content.

let the rumours fly
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2011-03-07 15:46:46
Link | Quote | Reply

oh goodie.. a longer update later!
 Odin.Sheelay
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-03-07 15:47:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Stefanos said:
Quote:

As soon as it is available, the schedule of the upcoming major version update will be announced in the Information section.

Details concerning the update will be posted on both the official website and official forum starting tomorrow.

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11eu/detail/6286/detail.html

Starting on Mar. 2, 2011 12:00 (GMT):
- Both "Creating new characters" and "Issuing Gold World Pass" on designated world has been suspended. These services are scheduled to be reinstated upon the completion of the World Merge.

Starting on Mar. 7, 2011 15:00 (GMT):
- Within the World Transfer Service, name of source worlds will be removed from the list of destination world.
*Other than the transfer to source worlds, World Transfer Service will be available.

- Character Reactivation Service will be unavailable. A notification will be posted once the service is available again.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

For the lazy.

TY
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Server: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-03-07 15:48:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Rinkydink said:
SE said:

let the rumours fly
I'm guessing no expansion or add-on. Just existing stuff like the Walk of Echos changes they've mentioned. There has been no hype, no pre-orders or any mention of specifics. *le sigh*
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-03-07 15:49:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder how they will relieve congestion in certain areas.

Hope its not something stupid like putting a cap on zones or something.
[+]
 Sylph.Cossack
user: sandman16
By Sylph.Cossack 2011-03-07 15:50:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Prolonging the inevitable, but I still feel sorry for you poor *** losing your homes and your names.
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2011-03-07 15:51:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:

I'm betting this will have to do with putting the new NPCs in the main cities to warp to Abyssea areas, since you know how crowded Port Jeuno is with afk people.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2011-03-07 15:52:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok cool, i was trying to scramble and get certain things done before the merge and double the competition. At least that buys a little time.... that WAS kind of sudden anyways lol.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2011-03-07 15:52:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Stefanos said:
Sylph.Kimble said:

I'm betting this will have to do with putting the new NPCs in the main cities to warp to Abyssea areas, since you know how crowded Port Jeuno is with afk people.
I didn't think of this, good one.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-03-07 15:53:05
Link | Quote | Reply

But then where will I go for my shout drama about people shouting to do a run and locking items?!
[+]
 Sylph.Cossack
By Sylph.Cossack 2011-03-07 15:54:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:

Its SE you know its going to be stupid.

I wanta know when they intent to implement this:

Q: Are there any plans to make notorious monsters more accessible, and battling them more rewarding?

A: We have received many requests concerning notorious monsters, some of the most popular being the alleviation of pop conditions, reduced repop times, and improved treasure drop rates. We are working to address these concerns over multiple patches, starting with the next major version update. Details will be revealed as soon as the pertinent particulars are ironed out, so stay tuned!

As posted in the 2/10/2011 update warnings.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2011-03-07 15:54:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Stefanos said:
Sylph.Kimble said:
I wonder how they will relieve congestion in certain areas. Hope its not something stupid like putting a cap on zones or something.

Thats the idea. They said their adding warp npcs for abyssea access to major cities. However i dont think it will realy help with conjestion in port jeuno. Ppl will still gather in one place for shouts and pick up groups or w/e. Just look at whitegates long run for the masses.
[+]
 Caitsith.Azryel
Server: Caitsith
user: Azryel
By Caitsith.Azryel 2011-03-07 15:55:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Just so long as they add some sweet new physical BLU spells I'll be happy... Some decent magic ones were added last time the cap was raised, but the physical spells added were garbage...

Oh, and RDM and SCH NEED Cure V! It's not an issue of want- Cure IV just isn't doing it when your tank has 4k+ HP... I Cure IV spam and then I end up tanking :P

Those two things and I'll be happy ^^
[+]
 Siren.Kuz
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2011-03-07 15:56:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmmmm... this is different though

Quote:
World Merge, which is scheduled to take place on Mar. 16, 2011, will now be conducted along with the upcoming major version update.

Once more information becomes available, the schedule on upcoming major version update will be announced on Information section.

With the details on upcoming major version update, they will be posted gradually on both official website and official forum starting tomorrow.

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/6280/detail.html

Starting on Mar. 2, 2011 4:00 PST:

Starting on Mar. 7, 2011 7:00 PST:

Sylph.Cossack
By Sylph.Cossack 2011-03-07 15:56:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said:
Thats the idea. They said their adding warp npcs for abyssea access to major cities. However i dont think it will realy help with conjestion in port jeuno. Ppl will still gather in one place for shouts and pick up groups or w/e. Just look at whitegates long run for the masses.

Years before Whitegate there was a zone name Lower Jeuno.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Server: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-03-07 15:59:46
Link | Quote | Reply

March 16th update is a mini-update and not the major version update? Did I catch that right?
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-03-07 16:00:54
Link | Quote | Reply

That's nice, a bit more time to finish up Farsha before it becomes like Dragon Aery 2.35. erwait, nobody cares about fistule.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2011-03-07 16:01:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said:
So hold on... Nothing is changing, they're just making the maintenance longer because they're doing server merge and the new update at the same time? Kuz, can you confirm this? The server merge has always been the 16th. What's going on here?

Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
March 16th update is a mini-update and not the major version update? Did I catch that right?

March 16 WAS the origional sever merger date.
The Major ffxi update was to be at a later time.

Now both will be done on the same day. At the time of the Major update. (Both will be done at a later date)
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-03-07 16:02:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Cossack said:
Prolonging the inevitable, but I still feel sorry for you poor *** losing your homes and your names.

it's nowhere near as bad as the first merge, since endgame linkshell-specific discrimination is [nearly] no longer the case via the content that propelled the drama in general ceases to exist for the most part, but, it still sucks either way =(
[+]
 Caitsith.Azryel
By Caitsith.Azryel 2011-03-07 16:05:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still am not a fan of this merger... Any Abyssea NM that's halfway decent you can already expect to find at least one other group camping it as it is on my server, and now they want to dump us all in Ragnarok and essentially double that competition?? ...Lame.

Can't wait to see how many people are going to be lagging down Heroes zones now @.@'
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Astrida
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Astrida
By Gilgamesh.Astrida 2011-03-07 16:16:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Stefanos said:

Meaning... if we didnt have enough money in banking account and didnt reput CC info yet and reactivate content ID/characters were screwed until the 16th?
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2011-03-07 16:26:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Azryel said:
Just so long as they add some sweet new physical BLU spells I'll be happy... Some decent magic ones were added last time the cap was raised, but the physical spells added were garbage...

Oh, and RDM and SCH NEED Cure V! It's not an issue of want- Cure IV just isn't doing it when your tank has 4k+ HP... I Cure IV spam and then I end up tanking :P

Those two things and I'll be happy ^^

Huh? We got one seriously badass physical spell in the last update. Delta Thrust is wayyyy overpowered considering the recast, mp cost, and additional effect.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some HNM spells coming up anyway.
By Azryel 2011-03-07 16:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

If you consider the MP, yes... MP isn't really a factor anymore though, so I'll use Quad C, Gob Rush, Disseverment spam whenever recast timers will allow and I still don't come close to running out... I've been using BLU/RDM a lot lately for faster recast timers, phalanx/cocoon stack, and a convert if on the off change my spamming DOES render me needing MP :P

Tarutaru MP ftw!
[+]
 Caitsith.Azryel
By Caitsith.Azryel 2011-03-07 16:32:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Chance*

And I'd be open to some HNM spells... Shinryu uses Mighty Guard which is an FF staple, and I'd really love to see BLM get some form of Meteor spell... I think that would just be sweet! I love BLU, but I'm a BLM at heart <3
 Cerberus.Leoxtribal
Server: Cerberus
user: Nixvalley
By Cerberus.Leoxtribal 2011-03-07 16:35:20
Link | Quote | Reply

wth is going on now then? i'm lost.
Server: Titan
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-03-07 16:35:31
Link | Quote | Reply

wow.. I like this. with the new content being relesed at the same time as the merger activitys won't be as congested at the start (no one knows everything about the new content even if SE give some info about it) everyone will be trying to find out differnt things at the same time.

granted once people figure out what they need for stuff things are gonna be congested out the *** but at least it will be somewhat offset by the new content.
Server: Titan
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-03-07 16:36:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Leoxtribal said:
wth is going on now then? i'm lost.
world merger is happening at the same time as the next verson update now.
First Page 2 3