Gilgamesh.Kaiba
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: Kaiba
By Gilgamesh.Kaiba 2011-03-07 16:36:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Astrida said:
Hades.Stefanos said:

- Character Reactivation Service will be unavailable. A notification will be posted once the service is available again.
Meaning... if we didnt have enough money in banking account and didnt reput CC info yet and reactivate content ID/characters were screwed until the 16th?

By my understanding, it means you and I are both screwed until the major update. Since they haven't mentioned the major update being on the 16th, I am going to say it's safe to assume that it'll be later rather then sooner as they usually give us something of a heads up before doing an update.
 Cerberus.Leoxtribal
Server: Cerberus
user: Nixvalley
By Cerberus.Leoxtribal 2011-03-07 16:38:18
Link | Quote | Reply

So... is there a reason we cant log on?
Server: Titan
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-03-07 16:38:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Leoxtribal said:
So... is there a reason we cant log on?
they are moving the servers for the game atm.
By Azryel 2011-03-07 16:39:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes... There's an all day "partial" server maintenance happening... That's why you can't log in.
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-03-07 16:40:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Topdogg said:
thats what i dont understand, wtf are they doing at this moment? I cant find any details on maintenence
read the 2 posts above you >.>
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Astrida
user: Astrida
By Gilgamesh.Astrida 2011-03-07 16:41:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Kaiba said:
Gilgamesh.Astrida said:
Hades.Stefanos said:

- Character Reactivation Service will be unavailable. A notification will be posted once the service is available again.
Meaning... if we didnt have enough money in banking account and didnt reput CC info yet and reactivate content ID/characters were screwed until the 16th?

By my understanding, it means you and I are both screwed until the major update. Since they haven't mentioned the major update being on the 16th, I am going to say it's safe to assume that it'll be later rather then sooner as they usually give us something of a heads up before doing an update.
....... *** my life
 Phoenix.Fezz
Server: Phoenix
user: Fezz
By Phoenix.Fezz 2011-03-07 16:41:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Darkwizardzin said:
Gilgamesh.Topdogg said:
thats what i dont understand, wtf are they doing at this moment? I cant find any details on maintenence
read 2 posts above you >.>

Reading is hard....
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-03-07 16:42:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fezz said:
Titan.Darkwizardzin said:
Gilgamesh.Topdogg said:
read 2 posts above you >.>
Reading is hard....
appently your right :p
 Gilgamesh.Topdogg
user: opti09
By Gilgamesh.Topdogg 2011-03-07 16:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

by the time i typed that, it was answered. sorry for the inconvenience
 Cerberus.Leoxtribal
user: Nixvalley
By Cerberus.Leoxtribal 2011-03-07 16:44:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I gotcha now. thanks a ton
 Siren.Kuz
Server: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2011-03-07 17:29:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said:
So hold on... Nothing is changing, they're just making the maintenance longer because they're doing server merge and the new update at the same time?

Kuz, can you confirm this? The server merge has always been the 16th.

What's going on here?

Support.eu.square-enix
Time it was posted was 03.07.11 @ 12:30

Quote:
The World Merge, which was originally scheduled to take place on Mar. 16, 2011, will now be conducted at the same time as the upcoming major version update, which will include, among other things, adjustments to relieve congestion in certain areas, and new game content.

As soon as it is available, the schedule of the upcoming major version update will be announced in the Information section.

BUT....

www.plyonline.com

Time is was posted was 03.07.11 @ 4:30am PST

Quote:
World Merge, which is scheduled to take place on Mar. 16, 2011, will now be conducted along with the upcoming major version update.

Once more information becomes available, the schedule on upcoming major version update will be announced on Information section.

So Honestly... I have no *** idea.
Guess we find out tomorrow when their offical "Forums" go live.

God help them all....

EDIT: Original Server Merge Announcement

Quote:
Schedule
World Merge will be performed during the upcoming maintenance scheduled for Mar. 16, 2011. Once the maintenance is complete, characters from the "Source Worlds" will be migrated automatically to the "Destination Worlds."

* The schedule for the maintenace will be released at a later date.

To ME... it looks like what ever update is happening WITH the merge ON the 16th.
But who the *** knows... I could be completely wrong.
 Gilgamesh.Astrida
user: Astrida
By Gilgamesh.Astrida 2011-03-07 18:19:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Astrida said:
Gilgamesh.Kaiba said:
Gilgamesh.Astrida said:
Hades.Stefanos said:

....... *** my life
Now for real *** my life, i just remembered they will delete everything in delivery box and on AH.... have a 400k bow in box -.-
By Whytebone 2011-03-07 18:36:52
Link | Quote | Reply

What? With the new update on the 16th they will be deleting everything on ah and in delivery box?
By Draupnir 2011-03-07 18:40:53
Link | Quote | Reply

._. for the servers that are being merged yes but any other server will not be affected, that is why they always put up a warning for people on the source world and destination world included in the merge to take any items off the ah and any items out of the delivery box.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-03-07 18:45:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont trust anything a *** sucking anon character says
 Ifrit.Herc
Server: Ifrit
user: kametas44
By Ifrit.Herc 2011-03-07 18:47:11
Link | Quote | Reply

So let me see if i am understanding this correctly cuz the way im interpreting the message is that nothing at all will happen on the 16th and world merge will happen at a later date when version update is rdy.....not major version update occurring with the merge on the 16th?
 Alexander.Deadlydiva
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Deadlydiva 2011-03-07 18:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Woot a few more weeks in my lovely home of Alexander!

[+]
 Fenrir.Ilax
Server: Fenrir
user: FireDeath
By Fenrir.Ilax 2011-03-07 18:52:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Azryel said:
Just so long as they add some sweet new physical BLU spells I'll be happy... Some decent magic ones were added last time the cap was raised, but the physical spells added were garbage...

Oh, and RDM and SCH NEED Cure V! It's not an issue of want- Cure IV just isn't doing it when your tank has 4k+ HP... I Cure IV spam and then I end up tanking :P

Those two things and I'll be happy ^^

Part of me would say: Hell no, WHM been complaining so long that RDM and SCH made them useless!!

But lmao, lately do my LS is the only one that everyone complain about playing WHM job?

Seem like no one love play WHM, so at this point YES PLEASE SE give RDM and SCH Cure V damnit so whm can again complain they useless but who care since none seem to love play the job lmbo. (sorry for who really like the job, obviously i don't see many)

At least RDM and SCH can built azure, so we can LOW man even more... Rude? Not really just a dose of reality.
By deadlydiva 2011-03-07 18:58:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I am a faithful WHM. Love being whm and feel outta my element playing as one of my DD job's. Whm's Rule!!!
[+]
 Valefor.Zolan
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Zolan 2011-03-07 19:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ilax said:
Caitsith.Azryel said:
Just so long as they add some sweet new physical BLU spells I'll be happy... Some decent magic ones were added last time the cap was raised, but the physical spells added were garbage...

Oh, and RDM and SCH NEED Cure V! It's not an issue of want- Cure IV just isn't doing it when your tank has 4k+ HP... I Cure IV spam and then I end up tanking :P

Those two things and I'll be happy ^^

Part of me would say: Hell no, WHM been complaining so long that RDM and SCH made them useless!!

But lmao, lately do my LS is the only one that everyone complain about playing WHM job?

Seem like no one love play WHM, so at this point YES PLEASE SE give RDM and SCH Cure V damnit so whm can again complain they useless but who care since none seem to love play the job lmbo. (sorry for who really like the job, obviously i don't see many)

At least RDM and SCH can built azure, so we can LOW man even more... Rude? Not really just a dose of reality.

Well as a Rdm since PS2 launch its *** that darkknight/whitemage has the same cure spells I have on rdm...
 Caitsith.Azryel
Server: Caitsith
user: Azryel
By Caitsith.Azryel 2011-03-07 19:05:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just sick of pulling hate with Cure IV... I play RDM almost exclusively with a /SCH and with Light Arts, Addendum: White with my self buffs I can cast Cure IV very quickly which isn't really the best way to keep hate on the tank... But then again a dead tank is just as bad, so we're screwed either way... Yeah, and an anything/whm having the same curing power as a RDM or SCH is complete horsecrap... I'm waiting to see ghetto PLDs coming around soon, aka WAR/WHM lol
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Thedreamer
By Gilgamesh.Thedreamer 2011-03-07 19:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Stefanos said:
Sylph.Kimble said:
I wonder how they will relieve congestion in certain areas.

Hope its not something stupid like putting a cap on zones or something.

I'm betting this will have to do with putting the new NPCs in the main cities to warp to Abyssea areas, since you know how crowded Port Jeuno is with afk people.

You could believe Se would learn one day...
7 years ago , jeuno open and Low jeuno was overcrowded.
4 Years ago whitegate open and become overcrowded
Now Port jeuno is overcrowded...they'll prob put teleport npc everyhere in jeuno w

"Lets make an extenssion and put all key npc and missions in ONE zone so everyone have to spam here !" yay
 Caitsith.Azryel
By Caitsith.Azryel 2011-03-07 19:09:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't care one bit if town zones are over-crowded, I care when a zone is over-crowded with people camping the same NMs as me... That's the issue that has to be fixed- 200 people standing around afk in front of Joachim in Port Jeuno showing off their gear is easily fixed with a simple F8 click to bypass all the jackasses, and target the NPC ;)
[+]
 Valefor.Zolan
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Zolan 2011-03-07 19:10:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Even if they make it so you can warp from anywhere to abyssea you will still need to gather somewhere for shout groups, yes it will make some impact but not enough... I think they should replace ballistia earring use so that if you >>>
/a Type Stuff here
goes to anyone with it turned on like a server wide abyssea shout or linkshell....

Would never happen, would cause problems, and would sound like a CB channel a month after smokie and the bandit came out... but they need to do something.
[+]
 Cerberus.Draupnir
user: Draupnir
By Cerberus.Draupnir 2011-03-07 19:13:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Thedreamer said:
Hades.Stefanos said:
Sylph.Kimble said:
I wonder how they will relieve congestion in certain areas.

Hope its not something stupid like putting a cap on zones or something.

I'm betting this will have to do with putting the new NPCs in the main cities to warp to Abyssea areas, since you know how crowded Port Jeuno is with afk people.

You could believe Se would learn one day...
7 years ago , jeuno open and Low jeuno was overcrowded.
4 Years ago whitegate open and become overcrowded
Now Port jeuno is overcrowded...they'll prob put teleport npc everyhere in jeuno w

"Lets make an extenssion and put all key npc and missions in ONE zone so everyone have to spam here !" yay

They are talking about creating abyssea npcs in each of the major cities to allow alleviation of port jeuno, in theory they believe this will work but truth is there will always be crowding in port jeuno now due to the fact that it is the area where most of the abyssea pick up groups start.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Snuffy
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Snuffy 2011-03-07 19:13:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ilax said:
Seem like no one love play WHM
According to who, you?

According to the last Vana'diel census, White Mage is the most popular job in the game by raw numbers and third most popular by survey of preference. Perhaps you may argue that people play White Mage because they have to, not because they want to. Except the last graph on the page shows that utility accounts for 13% at most of why people play a job, e.g. WHM, while the dominant reason is enjoyment.
[+]
 Caitsith.Azryel
By Caitsith.Azryel 2011-03-07 19:16:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Snuffy said:
Fenrir.Ilax said:
According to who, you?

According to the last Vana'diel census, White Mage is the most popular job in the game by raw numbers and third most popular by survey of preference. Perhaps you may argue that people play White Mage because they have to, not because they want to. Except the last graph on the page shows that utility accounts for 13% at most of why people play a job, e.g. WHM, while the dominant reason is enjoyment.

I don't think that is the case on my server... Everyone I know complains when they have to WHM... Standing there cure bombing someone who is dealing all the damage isn't necessarily what I would refer to as my idea of fun.
[+]
 Fenrir.Fearforever
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Fearforever 2011-03-07 19:18:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree that RDM, SCH and PLD specially should get Cure V by 99, a PLD with 4k HP its sad trying to watch them cure them selves
 Cerberus.Draupnir
user: Draupnir
By Cerberus.Draupnir 2011-03-07 19:19:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Azryel said:
Lakshmi.Snuffy said:
Fenrir.Ilax said:
According to who, you?

I don't think that is the case on my server... Everyone I know complains when they have to WHM... Standing there cure bombing someone who is dealing all the damage isn't necessarily what I would refer to as my idea of fun.

It all depends on what your idea of fun is, I do not prefer WHM because it is a boring job imo and alot of people will argue with me that it is a very good job to have leveled and they enjoy it but due to the fact that a WHM or any type of mage job is usually needed in a party most people have them leveled even if they prefer it or not.