users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Merge delayed
Merge delayed
 Valefor.Zolan
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Zolan 2011-03-07 19:21:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I better have fing cure 6 by 99.... I should have cure 5 by 2 months ago now...
 Ifrit.Exzir
Server: Ifrit
user: Exzir
By Ifrit.Exzir 2011-03-07 19:23:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Well i play the game becuase I like all the jobs I have. WHM is one of the hardest to find at times. I like playing WHM but people do fall asleep playing it on my server or people in my LS's. Then again any and all data anyone one person gets is limited so.... I would love to play WHM more but there are other jobs I am tring to skill up and or is needed also.

Abount the updates about Merge hince the real reason for this TOPIC. I feel and is only my option about the different versions of when Merge is going to take place happes with other people tring to say something in all versions JAP ENG FRN GRM and the English was not clear. Lost in Translation....
 Lakshmi.Snuffy
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Snuffy 2011-03-07 19:23:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Let me put it this way: what do you think is a better judge of WHM's popularity, SE's large-scale surverying and statistics, or your own unscientific anecdotes and testimonials?
 Valefor.Zolan
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Zolan 2011-03-07 19:28:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I am curious how many of the people that have whm leveled are the dual boxed mules I see everyday in every zone...
[+]
By Krazykozy 2011-03-07 19:33:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Snuffy said:
Let me put it this way: what do you think is a better judge of WHM's popularity, SE's large-scale surverying and statistics, or your own unscientific anecdotes and testimonials?

Umm this is my own personal opinion... but, I usually let the alcohol decide when it comes to WHM duties... Since the most recent expansion WHM is probably then most essential job to have available. SCH is a close second but, with the new equip at a whm's disposal they're by far the most in demand job going since they are used for yellow and red and sometimes blu proc's a WHM's role in any run is essential. Also since a WHM and MNK can damn near duo everything... -.-
Thankfully I retired mine at 75... and for good reason... cuz I'd end up killing you all faster then the mob would ;p

/wave Ohai thar Snuffs!
 Cerberus.Draupnir
Server: Cerberus
user: Draupnir
By Cerberus.Draupnir 2011-03-07 19:38:46
Link | Quote | Reply

SE's large-scale surveying no comparison, and like I said it is imo and im not saying that every single player that has WHM leveled only have it leveled because they need it, and it is not scientific research because not every player in the game posted their choices of jobs and why they have it leveled, WHM is a popular job in the game and yes it is played by alot of people
 Shiva.Xet
Server: Shiva
user: Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2011-03-07 19:40:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Delay on merge just gives us time to finish emps which is nice. I like the breathing room to be able to finish although i liked the hurry too, Progress is good. Ultimately I didn't care as most of what i have seen of the people of Alexander don't seem like retards so was curious to see how it would pan out.

I was forced to play whm for a good 3 years. I hate being forced to play it with a passion like no other. I wish i had more friends that levelled it except one who is truly awesome at the job.

I am told if i didn't want to play it i shouldn't have levelled it which is fair enough and i tend to play it when it's "If you don't come whm we cannot do events" Ultimately when i play whm i am no longer enjoying the game.

I think it being pretty gimp (which i try and maintain) doesn't help.

This wasn't really going anywhere so I will just wait for Bore to come in and call me a homo.
 Titan.Neofirebrand
Server: Titan
user: Neofire
By Titan.Neofirebrand 2011-03-07 19:41:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Zolan said:
Fenrir.Ilax said:
Caitsith.Azryel said:
Just so long as they add some sweet new physical BLU spells I'll be happy... Some decent magic ones were added last time the cap was raised, but the physical spells added were garbage...

Oh, and RDM and SCH NEED Cure V! It's not an issue of want- Cure IV just isn't doing it when your tank has 4k+ HP... I Cure IV spam and then I end up tanking :P

Those two things and I'll be happy ^^

Part of me would say: Hell no, WHM been complaining so long that RDM and SCH made them useless!!

But lmao, lately do my LS is the only one that everyone complain about playing WHM job?

Seem like no one love play WHM, so at this point YES PLEASE SE give RDM and SCH Cure V damnit so whm can again complain they useless but who care since none seem to love play the job lmbo. (sorry for who really like the job, obviously i don't see many)

At least RDM and SCH can built azure, so we can LOW man even more... Rude? Not really just a dose of reality.

Well as a Rdm since PS2 launch its *** that darkknight/whitemage has the same cure spells I have on rdm...
This is true, its sad that /whm has the same cure spells has sch or rdm.
 Phoenix.Toes
Server: Phoenix
user: Toes
By Phoenix.Toes 2011-03-07 19:48:55
Link | Quote | Reply

at 75, cure 4 was fine, at 90 out side of abyssea is meh, in side of abyssea... put in physical terms my Ctrl and 1 keys are mushy from overuse ;-;

Cure 5 might make pld useful

if you pull hate on rdm from cure 4 spam, you make me sad

i'm glade they delayed the merge. my computer doesn't like Horst with all these people standing around him
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Astrida
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Astrida
By Gilgamesh.Astrida 2011-03-07 21:18:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Whytebone said:
What? With the new update on the 16th they will be deleting everything on ah and in delivery box?
yes, and i was able to reactivate my char! so happy lol
 Cerberus.Sephrin
Server: Cerberus
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2011-03-07 21:43:01
Link | Quote | Reply

My stupid credit card expired, fml. Haven't played in a while and i'm starting to have FF-withdrawls xD
 Gilgamesh.Kudos
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Kudos
By Gilgamesh.Kudos 2011-03-07 21:51:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Astrida said:
Whytebone said:
What? With the new update on the 16th they will be deleting everything on ah and in delivery box?
yes, and i was able to reactivate my char! so happy lol

No, the update is not happening on March 16th. The world merger (which was supposed to be on the 16th) has been pushed back to whenever the new update will happen. So they'll be having a new update and world's merging on the same day.

But to the second part of your question-- Yes, they will be deleting everything on the AH and in the delivery box, when they have the update/merge.
 Unicorn.Crysten
Server: Unicorn
user: Crysten
By Unicorn.Crysten 2011-03-08 01:36:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Toes said:

Does NO-ONE know how Cure V works? Cure V will not make PLD useful. I'll let you figure out why. It isn't for the healing, I'll tell you that now.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Toes 2011-03-08 03:50:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Crysten said:
Phoenix.Toes said:

Does NO-ONE know how Cure V works? Cure V will not make PLD useful. I'll let you figure out why. It isn't for the healing, I'll tell you that now.

yeah i'll admit i did just look into it a bit more........ = something i know? yeah it gives less enmity, but... the PLD i've seen had a problem not with keeping hate but self curing.
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-03-08 04:09:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Cure V gives virtually no enmity, HOW is that helping PLD?
By Toes 2011-03-08 04:17:09
Link | Quote | Reply

stay... alive?
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-03-08 04:33:13
Link | Quote | Reply

The only time PLD should be using its MP for cures is for enmity, WHM has a nearly unlimited supply of MP, if you are dying, then its due to shitty mages.

Altho if you are playing PLD there is something wrong as well.
 Ifrit.Elmodfz
Server: Ifrit
user: Elmodfz
By Ifrit.Elmodfz 2011-03-08 07:29:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Azryel said:
I'm just sick of pulling hate with Cure IV... I play RDM almost exclusively with a /SCH and with Light Arts, Addendum: White with my self buffs I can cast Cure IV very quickly which isn't really the best way to keep hate on the tank... But then again a dead tank is just as bad, so we're screwed either way... Yeah, and an anything/whm having the same curing power as a RDM or SCH is complete horsecrap... I'm waiting to see ghetto PLDs coming around soon, aka WAR/WHM lol

As a WHM I do think that Cure V and VI should be exclusive to us, because we are the MAIN healers of the game. That's pretty much all we're good for, along side giving Raise 3 and teleporting people. I enjoy playing WHM, it's been my main job basically since I started in 2006, so having a few exclusive spells isn't so bad.

I think as the level cap goes higher, RDM and SCH should get Raise 2 (I don't know if SCH has that already?), and as for the people complaining about pulling too much hate with Cure IV, I do see your point because it is a problem.
If SE won't give RDM/SCH the higher Cures (you don't want Cure VI anyway, takes up well over 200mp, gives you hate and doesn't cure for much more then Cure V does) then perhaps they could give you a job trait which reduces the emnity gained from using Cure IV or something? Say level 80+?

That would solve the problem I think, because then you can spam it like a Cure 3 and not pull so much hate, plus it keeps the WHM happy having exclusive spells. Of course the other way of doing it would be give RDM/SCH Cure V, but reduce the MP cost of Cure VI for whm, make it act like Cure V in emnity terms, and also cure for a lot more then 800-900, perhaps then I'd use it.
[+]
 Asura.Hoshiku
Server: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2011-03-08 09:28:10
Link | Quote | Reply

People use paladin? I haven't seen a paladin at an event since sam tanking became popular and that was well before abyssea. There's a lot that needs to be fixed about PLD but all I see giving them cure V doing is perhaps bringing one as a healer if you're low on whms.
Server: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-03-08 09:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Elmodfz said:
As a WHM I do think that Cure V and VI should be exclusive to us, because we are the MAIN healers of the game. That's pretty much all we're good for, along side giving Raise 3 and teleporting people. I enjoy playing WHM, it's been my main job basically since I started in 2006, so having a few exclusive spells isn't so bad.

I think as the level cap goes higher, RDM and SCH should get Raise 2 (I don't know if SCH has that already?), and as for the people complaining about pulling too much hate with Cure IV, I do see your point because it is a problem.
If SE won't give RDM/SCH the higher Cures (you don't want Cure VI anyway, takes up well over 200mp, gives you hate and doesn't cure for much more then Cure V does) then perhaps they could give you a job trait which reduces the emnity gained from using Cure IV or something? Say level 80+?

That would solve the problem I think, because then you can spam it like a Cure 3 and not pull so much hate, plus it keeps the WHM happy having exclusive spells. Of course the other way of doing it would be give RDM/SCH Cure V, but reduce the MP cost of Cure VI for whm, make it act like Cure V in emnity terms, and also cure for a lot more then 800-900, perhaps then I'd use it.

I'm more of the opinion that the increased enmity should be a draw back on curing with RDM or SCH, perhaps just raise the soft cap of Cure IV, V and VI to allow it to cure better.
 Asura.Masekase
Server: Asura
user: masekase
By Asura.Masekase 2011-03-08 10:01:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Snuffy said:
Fenrir.Ilax said:
Seem like no one love play WHM
According to who, you?

According to the last Vana'diel census, White Mage is the most popular job in the game by raw numbers and third most popular by survey of preference. Perhaps you may argue that people play White Mage because they have to, not because they want to. Except the last graph on the page shows that utility accounts for 13% at most of why people play a job, e.g. WHM, while the dominant reason is enjoyment.

All the census's are biast for one not all jobs have been around from launch. So it dosent show how popular certain jobs are.
Also it shows from all the original/unlockable jobs being up there at the top.
Also people are more inclined to finish leveling the job they first played for 30 levels as they have all ready got a taste for the job.

The census is also 2 years old jobs have changed since then and so has the content. Which requires different job combinations.