Abyssea Era Ending?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Abyssea Era Ending?
Abyssea Era Ending?
First Page 2 ... 10 11 12
By Enygma3 2011-02-26 23:30:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I know cap is going up to 99 and there are no more abyssea expansions, so basically i been doing some thinking and it seems like abyssea is going to end soon and just turn into an event like limbus or dynamis after 90-99 expansion comes out. And all those empreyan weapons that were done are now going to be crap outside;;

What are your thoughts?
 Asura.Arkanethered
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Arkanethered 2011-02-26 23:32:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Not all of them will be crap outside.

This is assuming SE does not release something that lets us use abyssite outside abyssea... Which I could honestly see them doing.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-02-26 23:40:06
Link | Quote | Reply

The only weapon skill that's really going to "Suck" out of abyssea, is Blade: Hi. Chant Du Cygne, Victory Smite, Ukko's Fury, All of those are "Hard hit" (IE dropping from 5-7k to 1.5-3k) but are still the best weapon skills to date, for their given job.

Personally, I do hope Abyssea Era ends, I'm honestly sick of it (inb4 loluradrk), it's got good systems behind it, but it's not implemented fluidly enough in the main game itself. The simple fact that we refer to FFXI as "Post" and "Pre" Abyssea, shows the visual fissure the expansion created.

I'd love to see Abyssea's lessons, applied to a more naturalistic expansion, something along the lines of ToAU, new continent/region/endgame, ect. That'll never happen though.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-02-26 23:40:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Enygma3 said:
And all those empreyan weapons that were done are now going to be crap outside;;

What are your thoughts?
I'm wondering what you were on when you came to this conclusion. Hell, many weapons will have their standing improved, relatively speaking.
[+]
By Enygma3 2011-02-26 23:40:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Well that would be cool, I guess this whole thread started because i'd hate to see people(and me) go through all this stuff for months and months to get empy weapons and +2 items and then we'll be tossing them afterwards lol

SE putting our egos higher than ever by giving us atmas and cruor buffs and brews, and then making end game things back to how they were before would just suck!
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-02-26 23:48:15
Link | Quote | Reply

They're probably making us all used to this style of gameplay, to avoid having to actually develop new and interesting challenges. Just make the same encounters, but unable to activate Atma/Cruor, instant Endgame achieved. Bonus points for lulzy droprates on second-rate gear for third-rate jobs (lolkhimaira).
[+]
 Asura.Solara
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2011-02-27 00:05:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Enygma3 said:
Well that would be cool, I guess this whole thread started because i'd hate to see people(and me) go through all this stuff for months and months to get empy weapons and +2 items and then we'll be tossing them afterwards lol

Why not? That's precisely what happened to people who spent years getting the best gear before Abyssea. Abyssea still leveled the playing field between the haves and have nots, there's no reason the follow up content should have to continue to prop people up.

Quote:
SE putting our egos higher than ever by giving us atmas and cruor buffs and brews, and then making end game things back to how they were before would just suck!

Nothing wrong with a reality check imo. Abyssea was a wonderful equalizer and enjoyable content, but I welcome SE taking the training wheels back off.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-02-27 00:06:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Enygma3 said:

Good lord this must be a troll.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-02-27 00:06:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I can smell them a mile away.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-02-27 00:15:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Enygma3 said:
i'd hate to see people(and me) go through all this stuff for months and months to get empy weapons

It Takes more than 2-3 Days to finish an Empyrean?(That being Stage I and II) lol
[+]
 Asura.Miyara
By Asura.Miyara 2011-02-27 00:17:32
Link | Quote | Reply

What's stopping them from adding more Abyssea zones?

They can always tack on a side story for plot's sake.
[+]
 Ramuh.Yarly
Server: Ramuh
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2011-02-27 00:32:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
It Takes more than 2-3 Days to finish an Empyrean?(That being Stage I and II) lol

When you're getting cockblocked by slowass pink ninjas trying to get a kannagi by soloing all the nms that you need, yes it takes more than 2-3 days.
[+]
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2011-02-27 01:02:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't realize everyone could 2box alts, have friends willing to grind or whole LS at their disposal to speed the process up that fast... Hmm.... If you're finishing in 2-3 days you're a fortunate soul...
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-27 01:04:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah it takes longer when you end up having to solo the stage 2...
 Phoenix.Deboro
Server: Phoenix
user: Deboro
By Phoenix.Deboro 2011-02-27 01:13:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Malekith said:
I didn't realize everyone could 2box alts, have friends willing to grind or whole LS at their disposal to speed the process up that fast... Hmm.... If you're finishing in 2-3 days you're a fortunate soul...

Made Kannagi 90% 2-4 people took probably 70~ hours of actual time. only got like 8 skins during LS events.

Its not hard. and yes it really is that fast.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-02-27 01:14:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Malekith said:

Considering the amount of time you need to spend to help your friend/LS to get them to help you, it's certainly more than 2~3 days.

Odin.Zicdeh said:
The only weapon skill that's really going to "Suck" out of abyssea, is Blade: Hi. Chant Du Cygne, Victory Smite, Ukko's Fury, All of those are "Hard hit" (IE dropping from 5-7k to 1.5-3k) but are still the best weapon skills to date, for their given job.

Wildfire also drops a tone outside, without fire attack/MAB atma and cruor buffs~ If you're a RNG, it's probably not going to beat slug/side
 Ifrit.Herc
Server: Ifrit
user: kametas44
By Ifrit.Herc 2011-02-27 01:30:13
Link | Quote | Reply

meh the aftermath from all those weps still gonna make it worth it...atleast from what ive seen outside abyssea...blade hi was doing work and then blade jin with that aftermath up was pretty sexy too
 Ramuh.Yarly
By Ramuh.Yarly 2011-02-27 01:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Deboro said:

Made Kannagi 90% 2-4 people took probably 70~ hours of actual time. only got like 8 skins during LS events.

So that leaves you ~2 hours to get the other 42 skins, but I suppose that's doable if you don't count the time used for farming the pops or killing sobek or having to compete for gukumatz or having to wait for grellow and/or red on the nms that you'd want that on, etc.

So yeah, you are right it really is that fast. Thanks for enlightening us!
[+]
By Enygma3 2011-02-27 01:38:38
Link | Quote | Reply

true, but don't you think they are going to add the actual "ultimate" armor for the game since at 99 the game is gonna start fading? Whatever they add from 91-99 is gonna have to be so good and so hard to get that it takes us long time, almost like kings did, or ppl gonna get bored fast.

Abyssea has paved the way for easy things. Can't wait for the reality check.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-02-27 01:43:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Yarly said:
Phoenix.Deboro said:

So that leaves you ~2 hours to get the other 42 skins, but I suppose that's doable if you don't count the time used for farming the pops or killing sobek or having to compete for gukumatz or having to wait for grellow and/or red on the nms that you'd want that on, etc.

So yeah, you are right it really is that fast. Thanks for enlightening us!
I don't think you read that correctly.
[+]
 Ramuh.Yarly
By Ramuh.Yarly 2011-02-27 01:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

I don't think you read that correctly.

You're right, I did.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2011-02-27 01:49:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
The only weapon skill that's really going to "Suck" out of abyssea, is Blade: Hi. Chant Du Cygne, Victory Smite, Ukko's Fury, All of those are "Hard hit" (IE dropping from 5-7k to 1.5-3k) but are still the best weapon skills to date, for their given job. Personally, I do hope Abyssea Era ends, I'm honestly sick of it (inb4 loluradrk), it's got good systems behind it, but it's not implemented fluidly enough in the main game itself. The simple fact that we refer to FFXI as "Post" and "Pre" Abyssea, shows the visual fissure the expansion created. I'd love to see Abyssea's lessons, applied to a more naturalistic expansion, something along the lines of ToAU, new continent/region/endgame, ect. That'll never happen though.
Me too, and I'm a War.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-02-27 02:09:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Enygma3 said:
I know cap is going up to 99 and there are no more abyssea expansions, so basically i been doing some thinking and it seems like abyssea is going to end soon and just turn into an event like limbus or dynamis after 90-99 expansion comes out. And all those empreyan weapons that were done are now going to be crap outside;;

What are your thoughts?

Not like it matters if they are getting outdated. You can get it in a few days so not like you lost some huuuge time you spent. (*looks at relic holders ^.^*)
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-27 02:15:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Finalvegeta said:
Enygma3 said:
I know cap is going up to 99 and there are no more abyssea expansions, so basically i been doing some thinking and it seems like abyssea is going to end soon and just turn into an event like limbus or dynamis after 90-99 expansion comes out. And all those empreyan weapons that were done are now going to be crap outside;; What are your thoughts?
Not like it matters if they are getting outdated. You can get it in a few days so not like you lost some huuuge time you spent. (*looks at relic holders ^.^*)
Hey took me a few weeks to get lvl 80 arma... and that was like 3 weeks ago and Im still only half way done with 85.

Also getting relics is so much easier now. And the way the economy is money is hardly worth anything so easy to have lots of it to buy tons of easy to get currency
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-02-27 02:54:31
Link | Quote | Reply

SE will make more bs expansions 9.99 a pop with new area's with 3 new mobs and everything else from the past.
Then they'll release a 4th gen 99only relic that you'll need to kill 40000 nm trials.

Empyrean outside of Abyssea, some are cool, i have kannagi and i dislike Hi in dynamis. But <3 aftermath.

Af3+2 is still one of the best things abyssea has given us.
[+]
 Alexander.Haptic
Server: Alexander
user: Haptic
By Alexander.Haptic 2011-02-27 03:18:08
Link | Quote | Reply

/dnc...
pretty self explanatory. Average about that from 1.2 - 1.8 being highest I did.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-02-27 03:20:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Haptic said:
/dnc...
Get drops?
 Alexander.Haptic
Server: Alexander
user: Haptic
By Alexander.Haptic 2011-02-27 03:23:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinomaru said:
Alexander.Haptic said:
/dnc...
Get drops?
If by drops you mean bunch of crap and no sword yes. :P
Was just looking for something fun to do outside abyssea.
 Carbuncle.Kerokun
Server: Carbuncle
user: Kerokun
By Carbuncle.Kerokun 2011-02-27 03:37:19
Link | Quote | Reply

In my perfect world, I'd assume SE'd release some tougher timed stuff (akin to Dynamis, Limbus, anything that can only be done twice a week) to encourage endgame LSs to come back together. I think Abyssea was a good opportunity to let SE flesh out all 20 jobs in terms of their roles--they could easily release gear that would make NIN on par with PLD outside of Abyssea as a tank (NIN was totally lawl'd at before Abyssea), for example.

Now that they've given some flexibility to jobs with new gear and new abilities, it would be possible to take on harder foes without the need for a full alliance. So if they can create a new aspect of endgame that functions perfectly with a group of 10-15, everything would be solid, as you'd have variety with LS events rawkin' Abyssea occasionally (for those who still need AF a.k.a. those who had to leave their computer sometime in the last 10 months) and some new endgame stuff... maaaybe some older aspects of endgame, if SE chooses to let gear be upgraded.

I'M TALKIN' GARRISON, PEOPLE. MAGIAN UP GARRISON TUNICA

srs, I have faith in SE (inb4 lulz)--I'm sure they'll create a balanced final aspect of endgame so that you can do Abyssea with smaller groups and <insert new endgame> with larger groups.

THEN... THEN SE ADDS INCENTIVE TO GO BACK AND MAGIAN UP YOUR NATION RINGS. *** YEAH
[+]
First Page 2 ... 10 11 12