Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22565 22566 22567 ... 22574 22575 22576
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-04-15 15:42:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Clintbeastwood said: »
Asura.Vyre said: »
Clintbeastwood just flexing here. Isn't even gonna play Yawntrail :3

lol. I want to see what it looks like with the gfx update, but if it's the same 123 button mashing *** it's been up 'til now, then yeah, I'll beat the story then unsub. The combat just isn't compelling enough to hold my interest. The lack of variation in gear sets (lolmateria) ultimately doesn't matter. It's all about the weekly linear gear progression to highest ilvl, probably the most boring gearing system ever.

I could go on but this isn't a "*** about XIV" thread :)
If the story doesn't really tickle my fun bags, then I'll be unsubbing after 7.0 as well.

The gameplay has been on the down trend a while now, and I don't think it'll get much better even if they walk back some stuff/change up role actions again.

And yeah, gearing is boring.
[+]
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-04-15 15:54:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
ill try tonight on my 7900xtx - FU Clintbeastwood and your 1600dollar dream maker

I just built this box early last year when the 4090s dropped. I haven't had any issues with the 12v connectors, but there was some reports early on of failures and short-circuiting.

My only issue, is I can't run 4 sticks of 32gb @6000 stable, XMP or otherwise. I thought I had some bad ram, so I bought 2 more stick to do some swap testing but no joy.

I doubt you really see any difference between the 7900 and the 4090, so saving that money was definitely the wiser decision. I don't regret what I spent, but I WISH I only spent $600 more...

Just HAD to have the white one for my all-white build...
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-04-15 15:55:27
Link | Quote | Reply

lol. I want to see what it looks like with the gfx update, but if it's the same 123 button mashing *** it's been up 'til now, then yeah, I'll beat the story then unsub.
Play BRD. No 123 mashing. You actually have to pay atention. Not as much as you used to though.

But feel free to unsub, YoshiP says its OK.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-04-15 16:02:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Play BRD. No 123 mashing. You actually have to pay atention.
Out of genuine naive curiosity: What kinds of things do you need to pay attention to? (Beyond the glowy bits on the floor, of course)
[+]
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-04-15 16:08:54
Link | Quote | Reply

lol. I want to see what it looks like with the gfx update, but if it's the same 123 button mashing *** it's been up 'til now, then yeah, I'll beat the story then unsub.
Play BRD. No 123 mashing. You actually have to pay atention. Not as much as you used to though.

But feel free to unsub, YoshiP says its OK.

I tried to like BRD but it just made me wish RNG was separate job (very much like NIN and THF, but maybe Viper will feel like it).

I mained BLM, WAR and NIN for savage raiding, could SCH in a pinch, none of them too complicated but probably enjoyed BLM the most. Abusing Aetherial Manipulation and Betweeen The Lines to avoid mechs was probably the most fun I ever had in XIV raiding.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2024-04-15 16:30:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
Play BRD. No 123 mashing. You actually have to pay atention.
Out of genuine naive curiosity: What kinds of things do you need to pay attention to? (Beyond the glowy bits on the floor, of course)
BRD in XIV is an archer that has some musical attacks and stances overlaid on its rotation these days.

Basically you press a song button, and it starts a stance where different procs will happen.

One stance every time your DOTs proc, it speeds up your GCD, so you can spam your standard shots faster.

One stance builds up an attack that can bank up to 3 power ups, ideally you want all 3, but as the stances run out 30 seconds after activation, you will blow less than 3 towards the end.

One stance does what the old trait, River of Blood, used to do but at at a greater pace. Basically every time a dot crits on a tic, it resets the oGCD timer for your oGCD attack, Bloodletter. This means more spamming two attack buttons as often as you can.

All stances require that you maintain your two DoTs, I wanna say it's Stormbite and Acid Bite now? And you get an attack that lets you refresh both.

There's also Empyreal Arrow as a separate big hit that's a GCD that has its own cooldown. And your standard shot can proc a thing that lets you do Refulgent Arrow/Whatever its big upgrade is called now occasionally.

TL; DR - Keep DoTs up and pay attention to procs unlocking your damage buttons. Spam them every time they come up based on the prior criteria. Rotate through your song stances.

So instead of a 1-2-3 combo cadence, it's a frenetic spammy cadence where how well you do depends on RNG and your own level of attention. It's kind of fun, but not really anymore fun than any other job imo. I'd rather play Machinist.
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-04-15 16:46:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd rather play Machinist.

Ever since they cut MCH balls off by removing Grenado Shot:

@Dodik, I DID IT! lol...
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-04-15 17:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
Play BRD. No 123 mashing. You actually have to pay attention.
Glowy bits on your hotbars, song rotation, other buffs. BRDs also have an erase, the warden's paean, I always forget about that one.

Most XIV jobs have a rigid rotation, BRDs have priorities. Or, if you prefer, BRD is a reactive job.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2024-04-15 17:34:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd rather play Machinist.

Ever since they cut MCH balls off by removing Grenado Shot:

@Dodik, I DID IT! lol...
I do miss Grenado Shot quite a bit. As well as the Bishop Turret.

It's got a pump action shotgun now though, and all of Edgar's tools from FFVI except for Flash, Noiseblaster, and uhh Debilitator.
[+]
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-04-15 17:37:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it still burst dmg with button spam inside Wildfire windows?

Does the Roller Derby Queen still exist?
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2024-04-15 17:41:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Now for something completely different:

My fiancée has a job interview tomorrow about 2 hours south of where we live now.

I've got no problem moving, however...

Even just rentals down that aways look hella expensive, and I don't actually know if my fiancée will be able to hold the job down. Plus, there's no way I'd commute for 2 hours for the pay I make now to keep my current job.

That means if we move down there we both gotta get new jobs. I'm not a pay check to pay check kinda guy, but I'm a bit nervous about it, cause I guess if she does get the job, and then we move, I'll be jobless for a bit.

Not even sure what my prospects would be like down there.

Guess I'm just afraid we go through with the big move, and then I get stuck jobless for longer than is healthy, and then it puts friction on our relationship.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2024-04-15 17:43:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it still burst dmg with button spam inside Wildfire windows?

Does the Roller Derby Queen still exist?
Uhh, yeah. It's still Queen with her big PAWNCH.

You've got Bio Blaster for AOE DoT that shares timer with Drill.

Air Anchor, Chainsaw...

Wildfire is a bit different. It's like set potency per action, meaning you spam in the Overheats to try and get something like 6 WS in the Wildfire window.

It's also pretty spammy, but everything is timer based rather than proc based, I guess.
[+]
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-04-15 18:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

What's your trade, if you don't mind me askin'?
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2024-04-15 18:27:19
Link | Quote | Reply

What's your trade, if you don't mind me askin'?

I don't really have one. I've currently been in Hospitality (hotels) for the last 5 years (1 year off to look for something else, didn't pan out).

Before that odd jobs and 1 enlistment in the USN as a Nuclear Electrician (which I stunk at, but hey I did work with live voltage :D).

I currently co-manage a 2 star service hotel that mostly serves old travelers and business travelers. It's a franchise and branded through Marriott. Uses the old FOSSE PMS(property management system). It's a modest salaried position, of course (see: Poor).

It's out in a rural section of Georgia, and as far as jobs go around here, for the level of effort required, it's not that bad. I'd been the night auditor prior to this for most of my time in hospitality, as I'm accustomed to shitty hours since the Navy. It's not really a field I enjoy. People are the best and worst part of it, and they're usually the worst.

Hotels are everywhere, so I could probably get something no matter where we move to, but I don't know if I'd get a similar position or if I'd just be starting over under a different brand/company.
[+]
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-04-15 18:31:55
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-04-15 18:45:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Hotels are everywhere, so I could probably get something no matter where we move to, but I don't know if I'd get a similar position or if I'd just be starting over under a different brand/company.

Definitely understandable. Do you like hospitality, or is it just a means to an end?

I'm a Marriott guy myself, some are better than others, but the lifetime nights gimmick has me locked in for another 150 nights until I can get lifetime Platinum.

I go to GA a couple times a year for work, usually Augusta or Fayette-Nam.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-04-15 19:22:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I currently co-manage a 2 star service hotel
There are no one star hotels ...
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-04-15 19:26:23
Link | Quote | Reply

It's out in a rural section of Georgia
Thats where I be!
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2024-04-15 19:33:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Definitely understandable. Do you like hospitality, or is it just a means to an end?

I'm a Marriott guy myself, some are better than others, but the lifetime nights gimmick has me locked in for another 150 nights until I can get lifetime Platinum.

I go to GA a couple times a year for work, usually Augusta or Fayette-Nam.

Honestly I don't know. It's pretty easy, but the company that owns my hotel is real micro-managey, and IDK if it would be better or worse working under a different one. The devil you don't sort of thing, you know?
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2024-04-15 19:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

There are, but they're usually privately owned.
[+]
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-04-15 19:59:31
Link | Quote | Reply

There are, but they're usually privately owned.

Ever watch Schitt's Creek? lol
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2024-04-15 20:09:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I have not
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-04-15 22:38:17
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a really good show. Highly recommend it.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-04-15 22:42:48
Link | Quote | Reply

ill try tonight on my 7900xtx - FU Clintbeastwood and your 1600dollar dream maker

I just built this box early last year when the 4090s dropped. I haven't had any issues with the 12v connectors, but there was some reports early on of failures and short-circuiting.

My only issue, is I can't run 4 sticks of 32gb @6000 stable, XMP or otherwise. I thought I had some bad ram, so I bought 2 more stick to do some swap testing but no joy.

I doubt you really see any difference between the 7900 and the 4090, so saving that money was definitely the wiser decision. I don't regret what I spent, but I WISH I only spent $600 more...

Just HAD to have the white one for my all-white build...

Jelly, that card looks sick...

Some trash AMD benchys. 4k Ran like pretty weak

[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-04-16 01:18:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Just RMA'ed my Meta Quest 3 because one of the lenses was scratched badly (Stuffing it in my bag was a bad idea). I got nonprescription lenses to put on them once I get the replacement so it doesn't happen again.

Grabbed the prescription inserts and a dust cover for when I'm not wearing it first thing, good investment
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-04-16 01:20:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't bother trying at 1080/1440, maybe I should to check what kind of epeen numbers I can hit.

With the 7900XTX your main problem is that you're comparing against DLSS; FSR simply isn't close to as good and probably never will be.

Alright, ran them. 3 XI windows running in the back but shouldn't affect things much on this CPU since I have them assigned to the frequency CCD rather than VCache.

1080p

1440p

~4k 31:9

~4k 31:9 w/ DLAA

~4k 31:9 w/ DLAA and RTGI

Will 100% be playing with DLAA engaged. Less frames but man, DLAA is like the ubermensch of all AAs, and jaggies are my eternal nemesis. Pretty much erases them entirely. My 31:9 res is approx. 7372800 pixels whereas "true" 4k is 8294400 so not quite at parity, but close enough, 12%~ diff in pixel density for a much more immersive layout.
[+]
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-04-16 06:08:02
Link | Quote | Reply

WOW TOO MUCH RAIN HERE TODAY IN UAE SOOOOOOOO MUCH RAIN its judgement day or what
By kishr 2024-04-16 06:11:13
Link | Quote | Reply

https://youtube.com/shorts/NJRJtR4JrKA?si=d1cksFF0i0D5epl5

I'm bad at internet
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-04-16 08:01:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I love Proth