Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22575 22576 22577 ... 22586 22587 22588
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2024-04-28 17:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Ive been following this youtuber that reviews SMegame Tensei games.

Funny how he only have 85k subs when almost every video from him is having way over 100k views.

I remember some ***youtuber making fun of other channel under the premise of: if youre averaging 10% or less of your subs in recent videos views, then youre “bankrupting”.

I wonder how you would say about a guy averaging 200% of your subs in views. Hyper successfull? Or extremely replayable content?

I think this tends to happen more with game reviewers, or people who make guides/reference material for specific games.

People subscribe to you if they want to see more of your content. If I'm looking up a tutorial for how to beat a boss in this one specific game, I will watch your video and then leave, because I got what I wanted. So I probably won't sub.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-04-28 18:04:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, thanks to the guy, i already know the plot of MT1 and 2, MT novels 1, 2 and 3, devil summoner mt and SMY 1, without suffering from the old world RPG (with shallow UI, unbalanced in difficulty and high amount of random encounters).

Despite being an hostile era for players, i do acknowledge how those MTs were ahead of their time for a console like NES.

I remember playing couple of NES games with a neighbor, and always had the perception that that platform was only slightly ahead of Atari.

But i suppose, given NES had MT, Mario 3, Zelda 1 and 2, Rockman, i suppose my friend just were unlucky with having only low quality games to play (i remember only some Godzila game, very bad one)
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-04-29 18:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

Frog.
By Pantafernando 2024-04-29 19:04:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Negan with guns
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-04-29 20:35:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Neguns
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-04-29 23:19:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-04-30 00:07:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm, something funky up with the payment site.

You click add crystal and it goes to change address. Like, If they're verifying addresses now, I'm gonna be heavily annoyed lol. It won't allow payment cause the address is fake.

Or it's just broken, not sure which but this is new.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-04-30 00:33:02
Link | Quote | Reply

They announced it about a month ago
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-04-30 00:35:35
Link | Quote | Reply

This is, unfortunate. lol

Very, obnoxious. Simple, but obnoxious.

22 years later, now you want to make sure the house exists.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-04-30 00:38:39
Link | Quote | Reply

The fact that it's annoying for you is exactly why they did it lol
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-04-30 00:46:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Awe we're fine as long as the house "exists" it's good enough. My first account lives in hawaii now

Changes nothing, just a layer of annoyance for a new account to go to google maps and copy/paste. Added an extra minute to registration, GG

Feeling real Secure lul

As an aside; I've never given these *** my real address, not even my original account. It's a video game, they don't need to know a god damn thing.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-04-30 03:04:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice, free lodging when we visit Hawaii
By Afania 2024-04-30 04:05:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Like, If they're verifying addresses now,

What do you mean? Does that means your account address have to match billing address or something? If that's the case then rip my ffxi account then....

Been using fake address since forever because the system don't even allow me to enter address correctly lol. Hope they at least fix the system now. (Haven't log in to check)
By Afania 2024-04-30 04:21:56
Link | Quote | Reply

...just confirmed SE system does not register my CC at all...unsure if PayPal (or any other way) works atm.

Why SE why....

Maybe that would kill any potential thought of coming back to ffxi in the future...rip.
By Afania 2024-04-30 04:42:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
The fact that it's annoying for you is exactly why they did it lol

This legitimately affected a lot of people who live or travel outside of SE service regions or move to a different country after they register an account, even if that country is within service region. Since SE doesn't allow changing countries in their system, their official response is "create a new account if you want to change country (and lose all your progress)" according to other people's experience, which is just lame.

Had to ask for solutions in FF14 community and apparently tons of FF14 players can't register their CC too, not just me.

Some people's told me using VPN and different card works which is kinda dumb. Been quite a ffxi fan for a decade and never RMT nor bot in life. Now I have to use VPN just to play all of SE MMO lol.

If they want to fight RMT why do they have to block real players from accessing their games too?

Not even worth it. Gonna just stay inactive until playing their game is no longer a headache.

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Awe we're fine as long as the house "exists" it's good enough. My first account lives in hawaii now

Doesn't work for me ;( although I can probably try a few more different address later....
By Pantafernando 2024-04-30 04:54:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I added some crysta fine using paypal.

I dont think this is a anti-RMT stuff.

Seems quite stupid using payment options to something like that.

Seems more like some form of obtaining info or some legal stuff in some country
[+]
By Afania 2024-04-30 04:59:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
I added some crysta fine using paypal.

But did your system address matches billing address? From Eiryl's testimonials fake address should still work. So idk if it is card problem or address problem atm ;(
By Pantafernando 2024-04-30 05:32:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I wasnt asked my address while buyng crysta through paypal
EDIT: I already had my address registered on site back from the account creating
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-04-30 05:32:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I didnt resub though
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-04-30 06:58:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Picking any random googlable address worked fine.

But they also killed some credit services too.
Quote:
Unfortunately, we will not be able to accept JCB, Carte Bleue, SEPA (ELV).We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-04-30 07:22:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
But did your system address matches billing address? From Eiryl's testimonials fake address should still work. So idk if it is card problem or address problem atm ;(

They verify that the address on the account matches the address on the credit card if paying via credit card.

They do not yet verify that the address on the account matches the address on file with paypal if you pay via paypal(though an API for this exists, so they could in the future).

Unsure on Amazon Pay.

If they're still using Iovation, they probably also do some region checks if your IP is in a completely different country from your registered address while paying. And, Iovation blocks most common/cheap VPNs entirely, so if that was a problem you'd need a residential VPN/IP.
[+]
By buttplug 2024-04-30 08:53:56
Link | Quote | Reply

wonder what weapon type it will be for the new master trial... maybe great katana this time? club > watch out that tarutaru has a glowy d*ldo...
By Afania 2024-04-30 08:54:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
They verify that the address on the account matches the address on the credit card if paying via credit card.

Welp no chance to pay with CC anymore I guess....;(
By Dodik 2024-04-30 10:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

That's not true, at least not for all credit cards.

My original NA launch account is a Pol US account with an EU credit card. Always has been, still is.

Address is "real" and Canadian. Can just set a different address for the registered CC when you register it than on the account.
By Afania 2024-04-30 10:08:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Dodik said: »

That's not true, at least not for all credit cards.

My original NA launch account is a Pol US account with an EU credit card. Always has been, still is.

Did you cancel then re-register at least once after April 23? According to them:

"This change should not have an impact on customers who have a recurring subscription."

It sounds like if you have your CC registered on the site before April 23 then you can keep using the card. But trying to register now they will confirm the address.
By Dodik 2024-04-30 10:33:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't tried. It, previously, asked you to confirm the CC address and you could set a different one than the account's. If they no longer ask this and just use the account address then yes I can see how this can be an issue.

Annoying, and forces use of PayPal. Which is more expensive for them so extra dumb.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-04-30 10:38:43
Link | Quote | Reply

They never asked that, they just didn't use address verification at all, as far as I know. Now, if you update a credit card or try to manually add crysta, you need to add an address that passes verification *and* they will check your credit card against it. If you leave an existing recurring billing, it should be unaffected.
By Dodik 2024-04-30 10:42:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it still depends on the CC. Address verification is done by banks not Square. There is an extra step for CC verification where the bank will ask you something - address, 2FA whatever.

Obviously not going to test this until I need to.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-04-30 10:46:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Dodik said: »
Address verification is done by banks not Square.

https://kount.com/blog/what-is-address-verification-service-avs

It's entirely up to the shop/billing provider whether they want to use an AVS api or not.
First Page 2 3 ... 22575 22576 22577 ... 22586 22587 22588