Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 20763 20764 20765 ... 22575 22576 22577
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: misacat
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2017-03-19 22:34:53
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2017-03-19 22:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2017-03-19 22:48:46
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2017-03-19 23:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2017-03-19 23:46:03
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2017-03-20 00:24:21
Link | Quote | Reply

neat
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2017-03-20 01:09:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Sometimes I think I'm just never going to understand the preferences of other people.
Server: Ultros
user: chuuuuu
By Chu Chu 2017-03-20 01:35:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
Sometimes I think I'm just never going to understand the preferences of other people.
Preferences of what? Sometimes peoples prefs make no sense but its what they like :O
[+]
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2017-03-20 02:21:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh dear... I'm reading the newspaper. There's a pic of Kim Jong-Un, My daughter "look, grandpa is in the newspaper"
All hope is lost, Or she needs glasses.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2017-03-20 03:30:55
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Sylph.Kuwoobie
Server: Sylph
user: Kuwoobie
By Sylph.Kuwoobie 2017-03-20 04:10:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Sylph.Kuwoobie said: »
I just learned today, that at some point during the span I wasn't playing the game, they completely changed PvP in that everything is "auto-balanced" as soon as you join. You can basically join a pvp battleground after having JUST hit max level and do more or less as well as if you had all the best gear in the game.

This is what they have in 14 so anyone at 60 can join basically, it's more skill based than "I have better gear so I'll steamroll you"

I don't know how balanced PvP is in FF14, but in WoW you can roll any kind of healer and just stand there with 5 people wailing on you and /laugh and spam other emotes on them while casually refilling your HP to full every couple of seconds.

All this time I thought, if I could just get better gear, things would be different. No. Now I've learned that the healer standing there like a brick wall taking no damage at all is not even geared, and all the gear I spent months grinding and getting screamed at by nerds on Discord for counts for nothing. I now know that no amount of personal effort on my part will change how effective the class I play can be, and I'm only just now realizing why all this time I have been the only person playing said class.

I'm seriously losing sleep over this. I can't believe how bad this game has become. I finally understand now what all the Youtubers are talking about when they say PvP is no longer relevant in WoW. PvP is the only reason the game was ever worth playing. I can now see why private servers for older expansions are becoming so popular.

My brother keeps sending me videos from Blizzard where the developers stand up on a stage and talk about updates and changes and I wonder if any of these people actually play their own games. From what I hear, Overwatch isn't doing much better, but there's so much hype behind it that it doesn't matter if the game is bad or not.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2017-03-20 04:43:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I just learned today, that at some point during the span I wasn't playing the game, they completely changed PvP in that everything is "auto-balanced" as soon as you join. You can basically join a pvp battleground after having JUST hit max level and do more or less as well as if you had all the best gear in the game.

This is what they have in 14 so anyone at 60 can join basically, it's more skill based than "I have better gear so I'll steamroll you"

I don't know how balanced PvP is in FF14, but in WoW you can roll any kind of healer and just stand there with 5 people wailing on you and /laugh and spam other emotes on them while casually refilling your HP to full every couple of seconds.

All this time I thought, if I could just get better gear, things would be different. No. Now I've learned that the healer standing there like a brick wall taking no damage at all is not even geared, and all the gear I spent months grinding and getting screamed at by nerds on Discord for counts for nothing. I now know that no amount of personal effort on my part will change how effective the class I play can be, and I'm only just now realizing why all this time I have been the only person playing said class.

I'm seriously losing sleep over this. I can't believe how bad this game has become. I finally understand now what all the Youtubers are talking about when they say PvP is no longer relevant in WoW. PvP is the only reason the game was ever worth playing. I can now see why private servers for older expansions are becoming so popular.

My brother keeps sending me videos from Blizzard where the developers stand up on a stage and talk about updates and changes and I wonder if any of these people actually play their own games. From what I hear, Overwatch isn't doing much better, but there's so much hype behind it that it doesn't matter if the game is bad or not.
FFXIV PVP isn't really balanced either, but that would be impossible in a PVE centric game anyway. Instead, from the way I see, they always incorporate some other objective outside of killing other players, at least in the big 72 man PVP or whatever. In the Feast there's some medals to pick up or whatever, so fights can go on quite long or quite short. I think the longest Feast I ever did was like 8 minutes maybe? I don't do it much though. I don't like PVP, never really have, never really will. In both PVP and 72 man, teamwork and staying together/focusing attacks and stuff is what is important, rather than one vs. one.

One vs. One, it's all about what job you play. Warrior is probably the most OP, given its self heals and ability to spike damage and kill you before your own heals make a difference. All of the DPS jobs can do well in PVP, but casters, particularly SMNs have a real big edge right now, since in order to kill someone else, generally other DPS, all you really gotta do is Tri-Disaster, Painflare, Fester, Energy Dragin, Deathflare, all weaved in between Ruin IIs or whatever. FIghting tanks and healers is trickier, but with both, it just becomes a matter of knowing what skills they have, what they haven't used yet. Willingness to run away/wait for teammates to revive/get there.

In the 4 v 4, and probably in the 8 v 8(though I've never done 8v8), healers are really important. If you got a good one, and you stick with them, you will slaughter the other team. Unless you're facing the same composition or jobs that are better in PVP than yours. Like for example, if a DRK MCH MNK and WHM went up against a WAR SMN BLM and AST, they'd probably get shrekt. I mean, the healer slot can't really be bad, honestly, they've all got something the others dont't.

But something else I don't often hear about, because I don't travel in those circles is the PVP skills. The more you do PVP in XIV, the more you can level up the PVP Only skills, reducing their recast time and/or making their effect better. This can be pivotal and change the way you fight, especially if you are fighting newbies, but the PVP skills generally aren't such a HUGE deal that they will overturn the concepts previously mentioned(i.e. bad group comp vs good group comp or whatever).
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2017-03-20 04:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Also in regards to gear obtained from PvE not mattering in PVP... well, look at it from the perspective of someone who is playing the game to only PVP. If you only want to PVP, but the gear from PVE matters, than that means the only people who are really going to win in PVP are the same people who win in PVE(complete the hardest raids), assuming that they have the desire to PVP. It makes it way less interesting, especially if those people hold an interest in the game for a long time. They'd get to be the best due to tenure, rather than due to skill or keeping up with how PVP changes or works. Anyone new who wanted to PVP, would have to go do something they do not want to do, just so they could be on an even playing field.

And that's before you factor in Job or Class, cause I'm sure there are some classes where gear matters way less(probably mages, it's almost always mage). Wouldn't feel so great getting all the best raid gear to go to PVP in, only to go to PVP and be slept/enfeebled by someone with gear inferior to yours and then killed outright without being able to land a finger on them. That was the case for a lot of jobs in XI, and it was infuriating and dumb.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2017-03-20 05:10:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I reminded myself of when Blue Mage first came out lol. *** ridiculous in PVP. Walked up to me, Hysteric Barrage. Oops I'm dead.

Like the PVP in XI was literally, "Do you have access to magic and high magical skill?" "Yes." Ok you stand a chance.

"Are you fighting a skilled RDM?" "Yes." "You are toast."
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2017-03-20 05:17:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Monk is a very strong job in PVP since it has stuns and pretty high spike damage. The same goes for Ninja and SMN has high burst but once you've used your skills the enemy needs to either be dead or close to it or you're usually better off running away unless they have dots on and you have room to kite them while using Ruin II. PVP skills help a lot too since it's basically instant free damage with additional effects. Garuda helps a lot too but she disappears all the time in there due to chasing enemies that are too far away.
For SMN you want to fester first because if you don't they will likely remove your DoTs and then fester will miss and your Dreadwyrm Trance stacks will be ***. Use it first and then Painflare and Energy Drain.

For 72 man PVP you mainly focus on the small and big crystals around the map (or the tomeliths in Seal Rock). They give a hell of a lot more points than killing people and if you focus on killing the enemy team you can end up losing a lot of points due to people dying.

Healers in XIV are ridiculously difficult to kill unless you have decent stuns or a limit break because a decent healer can get away from a small group of DPS no problem with the added PVP skills. If you want to take down a healer you need to focus them with burst skills and stuns but it's definitely possible.

It's a bit easier in Frontline than Feast because you don't take more damage in Frontline when you have Battle High or Battle Fever but you deal a whole lot more damage (BH from killing at least 4 without dying, Fever from 8). It also increases the speed at which you gain Limit Break. I think High is 20% increase in damage and 1.25x faster Adrenaline (LB) rate while Fever is 40% and 2x. So you're rewarded for getting kills by being powered up (and this stacks with your own damage buffs). In Feast you can pick up medals that increase your damage but you also take more damage as a result and picking up too many can be detrimental to the team.

I've done a lot of PVP and I'd say it's fairly balanced between the DPS jobs at least. Healers are difficult to kill but you can do it if you mark them and tell people to focus them down. They're supposed to be difficult to kill because they have to heal the rest of the party while doing no real damage themselves. For tanks you'll want Warriors for damage (they do a lot more than Paladins and can run in and annoy people) and Paladins for stunlocking. Dark Knights can run in and bind for aoe Limit Breaks without taking too much damage from the other team. A well coordinated party makes all the difference in Frontline. One team having a premade usually means they'll win the match because they blanket the area with aoe LBs or focus down healers/Battle High people.

In 8v8 having a WHM is great because they can sleep the enemy healers and DPS which stops them from healing the team or dealing too much damage. Sleeping a healer while DPS are smacking them around is a nice thing too because it stops them from getting heals off even though sleep gets taken off. When I did Feast for my mount I would send my Ifrit on the healer to annoy them (since he can stun) while picking off DPS. Let the tanks run around while you pick off their DPS and sleep healers, then healer > tank. While tanks can stun and bind they're usually not too much of a threat. Binding before LBing helps a lot too.

Individual skill matters, a better group comp isn't always going to win. If they don't know how to utilize their skills properly in PVP they'll get destroyed pretty fast. Had plenty of matches that ended in about a minute or two after start.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2017-03-20 05:48:48
Link | Quote | Reply

The DPS jobs all have really high spike, due to all of the off globals they all have, in addition to all of the PVP skills being off global attacks as well(SMN is at advantage though due to pet, range, and lack of need for buffs). IMO, PVP was intended to be happy fun times for DPS classes, rather than Tanks or Healers, though it can be happy fun times for Healers too. Feels like ***on DRK though, and I wouldn't want to run it on MCH.

And like yeah, sure, individual skill matters, but the job you are playing matters a good deal more. That's why they keep reworking skills and things though. They've got it setup pretty good, it's just they never redressed how the tank nerf affected it, and then also, they just can't get it perfect due to the game being PvE centric. They don't design the classes with PVP in mind. They design them for PvE first and foremost, and then they tune them in PVP later. See: Adjustments to Medica II/Cleric's Stance etc. at 50 cap xD

I think the last time I had fun in PVP was at 50 cap with Daus's FC. I went on DRG, when Frontlines first came out, and I killed like 9 people. I died like 4 times? Something like that. I don't have any of the PVP mounts or titles lol.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2017-03-20 06:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Tanks aren't supposed to deal a ton of damage in PVP though, they're more for protecting the healers and making the other team waste their skills (by running into them and disrupting). It does suck about the attack power nerf but for PVP I think it's makes more sense that they're not too strong since they're really beefy with PVP skills. A WAR with a pocket healer is stupidly hard to kill compared to DPS with pocket healer.

Stunlocking DPS or healers can be a big boost to your team and the other team can blow all their cooldowns on a good tank without them dying, making it far easier to win against them since they can't burst you down for a while. Also great for making healers waste instacast heals.

On SMN I usually have 0-2 deaths and anywhere from 3 to 15 kills (around 2400 kills so far, so far from 5k The Hand of Mercy title ;;). Usually get Battle High each match at least. I have 3 PVP mounts (+3 Garo event mounts) and 6-700 matches played lol. I've done a lot of it. I saw some monks get 20+ kills but they both had pocket healers and would LB people down. Premades from Leviathan are *** pretty much.

Feast I only have 43 matches done but because I went with Rhemi I have 31 wins and 105 or so kills (Mortal Fist title get!)
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2017-03-20 06:08:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently we ruined PVP for Kali at 50 cap when we went around looking for her and Dame and then destroying them with our little 4-man premade FC group of mages lol >.>
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2017-03-20 06:46:41
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-03-20 07:29:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Tanks aren't supposed to deal a ton of damage in PVP though,
No, tanks are about stun locking people. That's all I see them do.
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2017-03-20 07:38:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
Feels like ***on DRK though, and I wouldn't want to run it on MCH.
Drk is known to be kinda ***in PvP since it can't burst much, mch is one of the better jobs if I remember right though.

Tanks are more of a support role like drac said. All 3 get access to Full Swing which basically lets your team explode someone (or the crystal if the vast majority of people on it are your team) and push back which can destroy people if they don't pay attention to it (basically vengeance on crack). I guess weapon throw too for if someone tries to sprint away. Pld and War also have AoE knockbacks which they can use to punt people off cliffs at times as well as an AoE damage resistance/heal respectively. Drks abilities are nice on paper, 250/300 potency AoE heavy and a 40/60% damage delt debuff to toss out can neuter someones burst if you time it right. Since they lack the burst of berserk/fell cleave or utility from clemency the only thing they really have going for them is AoE bind from unleash though for an escape or delaying people going to the crystals.

From what I've done on PvP I liked war and pld, dps were kind of annoying to play I found. It was also very satisfying to Leroy into like 20 people and pop Pushback > holmgang then equilibrium + Thrill and sprint out after they all poped their ***trying to claim a kill.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2017-03-20 09:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Pentaboxing!
[+]
user: misacat
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2017-03-20 10:16:22
Link | Quote | Reply

MCN aoe(Hamburger) Turrets make clickable objectives a pain to get too
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-03-20 10:26:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Somehow, Amazon's shipping time went from 8 days to 1 day after release (for a book) by switching from 2 day shipping to 1 day. Hmmm.
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Soraishin
By Megumin Explosion 2017-03-20 11:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

MNKs are just annoying pests in PVP but I find that they provide me with easy kills a majority of the time.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 20763 20764 20765 ... 22575 22576 22577