The Final Fantasy XI Team Answers Your Questions!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » The Final Fantasy XI Team Answers Your Questions!
The Final Fantasy XI Team Answers Your Questions!
First Page 2 3 4
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2011-01-20 06:10:21
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/6139/detail.html

Quote:
The FINAL FANTASY XI community is ever abuzz with discussion on in-game content. The development and operations teams would like to take this opportunity to address some of our fans' most pressing questions and concerns.

*FINAL FANTASY XI will see more frequent version updates in the future, with the introduction of small-scale patches to complement the major releases seen thus far. The first of these is scheduled to take place in mid-February, with further details to be made known via Topics in the coming weeks.

Q: Are there plans to lift level restrictions placed upon battlefields for nation of allegiance missions?

A: Yes. To begin with, we are planning to lift level restrictions currently in place for the battlefields listed below, the implementation of which is expected to take place ahead of the next major version update.
- San d'Oria: Journey Abroad / The Ruins of Fei'Yin
- Bastok: The Emissary / Darkness Rising
- Windurst: The Three Kingdoms / The Final Seal
The lifting of level restrictions is also being considered for certain other quests in the future.

Q: Very few items are being auctioned at each of the three nations, making it difficult to acquire what I need.

A: An auction house merger is in the pipes for the next major version update, which will make it possible for players to bid for and sell a particular item at all auction houses. As this change may profoundly impact the in-game economy and flow of items and gil, due consideration will be given to all aspects of the merger leading up to its implementation.

Q: Will the item awarded for completing the Treasures of Aht Urhgan missions be made reobtainable in the future?

A: Yes. Players will be given the option of reobtaining the reward item ahead of the next major version update.

Q: I'd like to undertake Fields of Valor training regimes more often than once per Vana'diel day.

A: We are moving to abolish the per-day training limit imposed upon Fields of Valor, and expect to be able to deliver this change ahead of the next major version update. The gil and tab reward allocated for the completion of each regime, however, will be issued no more than once per day.

Q: The area surrounding the Port Jeuno NPCs Joachim and Horst is constantly overcrowded. Are there any plans to alleviate this congestion?

A: In the next major version update, we intend to make the popular services offered by these two NPCs available across the three nations and places beyond. In so doing, we hope to resolve the issue of overcrowding in Port Jeuno.

Q: Atma infusion and traverser stone issuance are really bothersome procedures. Can't anything be done to simplify things?

A: For the next major version update, we are considering ways to streamline the atma infusion process, such as introducing a feature whereby players can edit and save their favored atma combinations for later use. With regards to traverser stones, we intend to make them available for collection in bulk. This adjustment we expect to be able to implement ahead of the next major version update.

Q: The WHM job trait Divine Benison sometimes fails to activate for characters equipped with certain combinations of gear. Will this issue be rectified in the near future?

A: Following testing, it has been determined that the above issue occurs for players simultaneously equipped with a Magian trial-enhanced Lv.90 Yagrush and either Orison Pantaloons +1 or Orison Pantaloons +2. This problem will be rectified in the next major version update.

Q: I can't seem to obtain the Shadow Sachet item...

A: Following testing, it has been determined that the Shadow Sachet was not being dropped by certain enemies as intended. This problem will be rectified in the next major version update.

Q: Of all the items used to enhance Empyrean Armor pieces, the Card of Wieldance alone seems rather elusive to obtain. Are there any plans to increase its drop rate?

A: Following testing, it has been determined that the drop rate for the Card of Wieldance is lower than intended. Alongside other cards in the series, this item will be made into a guaranteed drop come the next major version update.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2011-01-20 06:12:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Mother f'in AH merge, Atma saved combinations, Multiple traverser stones with a single click, and NPCS IN ALL 3 NATIONS FOR ABYSSEA...

*** thank you for listening for once SE. I hope "and beyond" means WOTG, i actually liked my HP being in Aht Urghan so i could warp to Jeuno or home nation easier.
[+]
 Shiva.Unantastbar
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Unantastbar 2011-01-20 06:19:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm... the AH merge won't turn good. Sometimes it is better to sell your stuff in the AHs of the Nations. Like Crystal, Choc Food. I hope they won't do it. And it sounds things will get easier again. =/ Well.. let's hope the best.
[+]
 Asura.Katniss
Server: Asura
user: Katniss
By Asura.Katniss 2011-01-20 06:22:14
Link | Quote | Reply

FINALLY... we can reobtain the reward for finishing Treasures of Aht Urgahn. I'm so sick of my Ulthalam's Ring.
[+]
 Caitsith.Ravant
Server: Caitsith
user: Ravant
By Caitsith.Ravant 2011-01-20 06:22:46
Link | Quote | Reply

All of this sounds great to me! I love the multi stones and atma saves. AH merge is ok but I never really had too much of a problem with it.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2011-01-20 06:23:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah i often went to home nations to buy crystals for crafting, but that and little things were about it. But i still welcome the change. There will still be more crystals put on the AH as a result of the change so it WILL generate a little bit more of supply vs the demand.

Time will tell... my favorite part is the atma saved combinations of course lol.
 Bismarck.Luces
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Luces 2011-01-20 06:26:53
Link | Quote | Reply

notice how all the info says in the next version date. btw we haven't announced when this is yet and in the past you have waited over a year for a version updates. Lazy is Lazy and this is just pathetic for anything that wishes to call them self a company SE.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2011-01-20 06:31:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Luces said:
notice how all the info says in the next version date. btw we haven't announced when this is yet and in the past you have waited over a year for a version updates. Lazy is Lazy and this is just pathetic for anything that wishes to call them self a company SE.
If you read a little closer you might notice a few things said they will be fixed/implemented BEFORE the next version update.
[+]
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Server: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2011-01-20 06:44:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Luces said:

I agree, what I really want to know in the version updates is if they plan to keep us s tuck in the same few zones or if they are going to actually develop something that isn't Abyssea onry >.>

Don't get me wrong, it was a nice change of pace, but having everything centered around a few zones ... is ... bland...

Siren.Clinpachi said:
Bismarck.Luces said:
If you read a little closer you might notice a few things said they will be fixed/implemented BEFORE the next version update.

That's still a very broad spectrum of time, they still didn't say WHEN, so their timeline could be before the next update ... three years from now.

Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-01-20 06:48:46
Link | Quote | Reply

The town AH's have become basically useless, I was browsing through Bastok just the other day, and it's completely empty. For most weapon types, there was 1 or 0 weapons listed for all levels, crystals were stupidly cheap, less than 1/3 Jeuno price because the few low levels on the server need to list them ridiculously low in order to move them, and then make no gil. But then, with no low level gear on AH for them, their gil is useless anyway.

All good changes, I'll be setting my HP in Bastok once again.
[+]
 Shiva.Shinneh
user: Shinneh
By Shiva.Shinneh 2011-01-20 07:06:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Yay for being able to do FoV more than once a game day! That's a good enough excuse for me to start leveling subjobs lol :P Even though it wont give the gil/tab reward everytime, does that really matter?..

Overall i'm glad that SE was starting to listen a bit better to people questions.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-20 07:09:18
Link | Quote | Reply

If they made Abyssea 75+ I'd so be back.
[+]
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Server: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2011-01-20 07:13:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:

I might be inclined to come back if they actually imposed something like this.

At least TRY to rejuvenate old areas >.> maybe see less of gimpy *** people that can't play their job.
[+]
 Unicorn.Crysten
Server: Unicorn
user: Crysten
By Unicorn.Crysten 2011-01-20 07:20:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Luces said:

OP said:
FINAL FANTASY XI will see more frequent version updates in the future...The first of these is scheduled to take place in mid-February

mmyup
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-20 07:22:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Catnipthief said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

At least TRY to rejuvenate old areas >.> maybe see less of gimpy *** people that can't play their job.

Yup. Though my want for Abyssea to be 75+ is selfish, I just enjoy levelling up.
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-01-20 07:23:12
Link | Quote | Reply

They need an overhaul of the xp system in general for old areas, altho being able to do FoV more than once a day is a step in the right direction even if its a minor one.
[+]
 Asura.Alexstaifter
By Asura.Alexstaifter 2011-01-20 07:46:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Some might think that the Merging AH would be bad, but its not really

I know the problem would be pricing, how some locations would sell cheaper than others because the need for them at some locations werent as much as other s(via, zinc ore in windurst)

But in turn, not you never have to worry about looking for an item, so you dont gotta ask friends "Hey can you check Bastok's AH for "x" item?"

And now that everything is in one listing, sales of any item low, medium or high level will sell alot faster (as more people can view your item at a time)
[+]
 Asura.Alexstaifter
By Asura.Alexstaifter 2011-01-20 07:52:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Catnipthief said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

This was talked about what they should do to fix up the game once it hit the 99 range.

I understand what you guys say, but i think 75+ is a bit rough on the wait.

I would of said 50+ or maybe 60+

Seeing as around that level a person would of learned there job for the most part, and even if they did attempt to leech a bit, its not as heavy as say, a level 30 job leeching.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-01-20 08:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

If by card of wieldance they meant coin of wieldance, then they directly addressed something I bitched about on twitter!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Alexstaifter
By Asura.Alexstaifter 2011-01-20 08:18:33
Link | Quote | Reply

And I'd like to note, that if they bother mentioning "Next Major Version update" they are talking about the upcoming Seasonal Update, in this case, March 2011
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-01-20 08:21:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Coin of wieldance is a 100% drop from the wyrm in grauberg and can drop 3 of them ...

I'm disapointed they didn't mention the empy trial items drop rate increase for Dragua and the Khim NM ... it's HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE that they can drop 0 on top of being a low drop rate ...

Card of Wieldance is 100% from Dragua afaik and >50% from Amphitrite.

My original question was about Dragua. His drop rate on coins is awful (less than 20%) whereas other "secondary drop" items are above 50% on most NMs.

Also, don't talk to me about the Wyrm in Grauberg, it's HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-01-20 08:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Did 3 Dragua's last night and a friend of mine only got 1 scale.
*** up drop rate... Okay think, it's a giant *** Wyrm covered in scales. It can only drop a max of 2? And they have a bad drop rate?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-01-20 08:25:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Did 3 Dragua's last night and a friend of mine only got 1 scale.
*** up drop rate... Okay think, it's a giant *** Wyrm covered in scales. It can only drop a max of 2? And they have a bad drop rate?

I've noticed Apademak being similarly stingy.
 Bismarck.Tuvae
Server: Bismarck
user: Tuv
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2011-01-20 08:26:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
I agree! Although i never left... but the 75+ idea would be awesome.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-01-20 08:30:14
Link | Quote | Reply

saved atmas...finally
[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2011-01-20 08:30:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Maybe 65 or 70, but definitely more than 30.

Fenrir.Gradd said:
They need an overhaul of the xp system in general for old areas, altho being able to do FoV more than once a day is a step in the right direction even if its a minor one.
Though I agree with you, I find it funny that this was never an issue until we got a taste of abyssea exp :P
 Cerberus.Nutt
Server: Cerberus
user: zuriel
By Cerberus.Nutt 2011-01-20 08:31:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow FoV changes are awesome. Now, I don't have to Abby burn all of my lowbie jobs.

I think the AH merger will cause for more goods to be on the AH which will in turn, lower prices. (well, this is what I hope anyways)

Guess I can delete some mules as well.
[+]
 Sylph.Cossack
Server: Sylph
user: sandman16
By Sylph.Cossack 2011-01-20 08:31:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Dear SE

Please fix the Key Item function.
[+]
 Caitsith.Jessie
Server: Caitsith
user: Jessie
By Caitsith.Jessie 2011-01-20 08:39:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
That wouldn't even really fix the problem. Most people already have all their support jobs and minor jobs leveled to levels that they want them at already. All their subs are Lv.49+, all their Maat's Cap jobs are Lv.66+, all their majors are Lv.75+.

All implementing a change such as that would do is screw over those people who haven't yet abused the system.

Hopefully Square-Enix realizes that rewarding Group A is a lot better than punishing Group B. (For example, give us incentive to go back to older areas rather than saying you aren't allowed to visit newer areas)
[+]
First Page 2 3 4