The Final Fantasy XI Team Answers Your Questions!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » The Final Fantasy XI Team Answers Your Questions!
The Final Fantasy XI Team Answers Your Questions!
 Sylph.Zenrin
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Zenrin
By Sylph.Zenrin 2011-01-20 08:44:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Funny, I was thinking the other day that the level restriction for nation missions should be lifted (since they modified all CoP) and now I see it.

Some good stuff indeed, looking forward to it.
 Cerberus.Savannah
Server: Cerberus
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2011-01-20 09:25:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I love them....now if they'd only hax my next shinryu to give me my dagger.....D:
[+]
By Bible 2011-01-20 09:36:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Right above the start or the QandA it says they will start doing small scale patches more frequently starting mid february.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Server: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-01-20 09:37:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
i actually liked my HP being in Aht Urghan so i could warp to Jeuno or home nation easier.
I never liked my HP being Aht Urghan. The place was too crowded and the music got old. I'll set my HP back to Windy. When I can warp to Abyssea and Aht Urghan from my home nation and access the world AH, is there any reason to care about Jeuno? If I need to go there its one silver coin or free taru warp away from Whitegate.
[+]
 Caitsith.Ravant
Server: Caitsith
user: Ravant
By Caitsith.Ravant 2011-01-20 09:40:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Its still not too difficult to get around from jeuno either. Can warp from Upper to Aht Urghan and for home nation just use Horst to go to La Thiene and use the book to warp thats behind you.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Server: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-01-20 09:43:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Now that I think about it... the magian stuff is all in Jeuno. Not sure how I feel about changing homepoints yet.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-01-20 09:46:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I like all the changes described in this update preview.

It seems like S-E's developers finally decided that it's good to actually listen to the players, and make adaptations based on their reasonable complaints, rather than just dreaming up random ideas and implementing them at whim without purpose.

[+]
By Catsby 2011-01-20 10:04:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
I like all the changes described in this update preview.

It seems like S-E's developers finally decided that it's good to actually listen to the players, and make adaptations based on their reasonable complaints, rather than just dreaming up random ideas and implementing them at whim without purpose.

I have a feeling some big heads rolled in the last 3-5 months. If I recall 2010 wasn't a particularly good year for them and 2011 didn't seem much better.
[+]
 Cerberus.Savannah
Server: Cerberus
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2011-01-20 10:10:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Catsby said:
I like all the changes described in this update preview. It seems like S-E's developers finally decided that it's good to actually listen to the players, and make adaptations based on their reasonable complaints, rather than just dreaming up random ideas and implementing them at whim without purpose.
I have a feeling some big heads rolled in the last 3-5 months. If I recall 2010 wasn't a particularly good year for them and 2011 didn't seem much better.

Well they did change directors and all....
[+]
By Catsby 2011-01-20 10:14:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Savannah said:
Catsby said:
I like all the changes described in this update preview. It seems like S-E's developers finally decided that it's good to actually listen to the players, and make adaptations based on their reasonable complaints, rather than just dreaming up random ideas and implementing them at whim without purpose.

Well they did change directors and all....

Doesn't surprise me. At least now they've had their wake-up call and can stop riding the gravy train from the last couple generations.
[+]
 Leviathan.Jackieolivas
Server: Leviathan
user: Rahziela
By Leviathan.Jackieolivas 2011-01-20 10:49:28
Link | Quote | Reply

~Regarding level caps on nation missions;

I love the idea. I can actually switch alliegance and not have to worry about having to wait days of looking or begging others to form a party for capped missions.

~Regarding Auction House changes;

Its a good idea, in theory. Think about this idea though. Keep the AH locations exclusive to itself, but give you the option of posting your items at that location or at a centrally located one. Same with browsing. I think that would be a pretty good fix. Opinions?

~Regarding small fixes and patches in between bigg'uns;

Its about damn time! Correct me if I'm wrong, but a friend of mine that left for WoW a few years ago once said that Blizzard has been doing that since the game opened. Its a very smart thing to do.

~Regarding the new leadership actually making an attempt to please the player base and listen to our ideas;

Jesus Christmas... You would think that should have been the buisness model from day 1! I mean come on. Its not like this was a normal release title that goes to the shelves to be digested and traded in at Game Stop. This is an on-going thing that they continue to make money from. Money that they would (and apparently have been) be losing if the player base gets too frustrated and decides to part ways. Considering Warcraft's team listens to the player base and makes adjustments based on the feedback, and they are the biggest MMO out there, one would think that the big guys in Square would want to try to emulate that.

~Regarding increasing drop rates on certain items;

These *** are getting things right, little by little. Now if they would only quit being so cryptic about TH's mechanics, we would have something else to be happy about.

~Regarding atma saves;

If we can have like 4 saved sets, that would be beyond outstanding. I love the idea.

~Regarding more stones at once, more Joachim/Horst NPCs, FoV change, and ToA ring;

Sweet chocolate covered, bacon wrapped cupcakes... That's just sexy!

~And for all the lazy "tl:dr" out there; I am very much in love with these changes and hope the new leadership plans to take our feedback to heart more often.
[+]
 Sylph.Octaviane
user: gillmaree
By Sylph.Octaviane 2011-01-20 10:50:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Jessie said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
If they made Abyssea 75+ I'd so be back.
That wouldn't even really fix the problem. Most people already have all their support jobs and minor jobs leveled to levels that they want them at already. All their subs are Lv.49+, all their Maat's Cap jobs are Lv.66+, all their majors are Lv.75+. All implementing a change such as that would do is screw over those people who haven't yet abused the system. Hopefully Square-Enix realizes that rewarding Group A is a lot better than punishing Group B. (For example, give us incentive to go back to older areas rather than saying you aren't allowed to visit newer areas)

I agree with Jessie. It's too late now to implement a level restriction for entrance to Abyssea, kinda like closing the barn door after the horse has bolted. SE could perhaps add more challenges to the old areas, such as Bibiki Bay, King Ranperre's Tomb and ToAU areas, even the past under non-campaign conditions.

I like the proposed merging of AH's idea. It really is hard for a new player to get anything above level 8-11 from city ah's, and currently the only things available are crystals, an occasional stack of echo drops, or reraise earrings. However, despite how careful SE might be in implemeting this idea, I am sure there will be a few who will take advantage, there always are.

One of my pet peeves that SE could really look at fixing is the practise of buying spells from NPC's and marking them up on the ah. Supply and demand, I know, there will always be someone who is too lazy to go to the NPC for the spell. Make them farmable at least so we have the option not to spend 200k for a spell that will go down to 10k in a few weeks anyway.

Level caps removed from Nation Missions? No thanks, they are easily accomplished now as it is.

Whatever happens in the furure to FFXI, have fun!
 Ramuh.Ilvex
Server: Ramuh
user: Ilvex
By Ramuh.Ilvex 2011-01-20 11:00:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Octaviane said:
Caitsith.Jessie said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
If they made Abyssea 75+ I'd so be back.
That wouldn't even really fix the problem. Most people already have all their support jobs and minor jobs leveled to levels that they want them at already. All their subs are Lv.49+, all their Maat's Cap jobs are Lv.66+, all their majors are Lv.75+. All implementing a change such as that would do is screw over those people who haven't yet abused the system. Hopefully Square-Enix realizes that rewarding Group A is a lot better than punishing Group B. (For example, give us incentive to go back to older areas rather than saying you aren't allowed to visit newer areas)

I agree with Jessie. It's too late now to implement a level restriction for entrance to Abyssea, kinda like closing the barn door after the horse has bolted. SE could perhaps add more challenges to the old areas, such as Bibiki Bay, King Ranperre's Tomb and ToAU areas, even the past under non-campaign conditions.

I like the proposed merging of AH's idea. It really is hard for a new player to get anything above level 8-11 from city ah's, and currently the only things available are crystals, an occasional stack of echo drops, or reraise earrings. However, despite how careful SE might be in implemeting this idea, I am sure there will be a few who will take advantage, there always are.

One of my pet peeves that SE could really look at fixing is the practise of buying spells from NPC's and marking them up on the ah. Supply and demand, I know, there will always be someone who is too lazy to go to the NPC for the spell. Make them farmable at least so we have the option not to spend 200k for a spell that will go down to 10k in a few weeks anyway.

Level caps removed from Nation Missions? No thanks, they are easily accomplished now as it is.

Whatever happens in the furure to FFXI, have fun!

Try being a Corsair, the rolls are only sold from NPC's and at later levels all are 100k+
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2011-01-20 11:37:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Try being a pup when 4-5attachements are ranging from 500k to 2M.
[+]
 Ramuh.Ilvex
user: Ilvex
By Ramuh.Ilvex 2011-01-20 11:39:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Not a pup but I thought they all came from things you could do you self, I.E. the level 60 Cap Job BCNM Pulling strings etc
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-01-20 12:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

The expensive ones come from the semi assult missions on that ship (cant remember the name) that you start in nashmau... ive never actually done them but there probably not still soloable and even then I think they are a decently low drop rate.
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2011-01-20 12:58:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Q: I'd like to undertake Fields of Valor training regimes more often than once per Vana'diel day.

A: We are moving to abolish the per-day training limit imposed upon Fields of Valor, and expect to be able to deliver this change ahead of the next major version update. The gil and tab reward allocated for the completion of each regime, however, will be issued no more than once per day.
So... what's the difference? o_o;
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2011-01-20 12:59:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Anye said:
Quote:
Q: I'd like to undertake Fields of Valor training regimes more often than once per Vana'diel day.

A: We are moving to abolish the per-day training limit imposed upon Fields of Valor, and expect to be able to deliver this change ahead of the next major version update. The gil and tab reward allocated for the completion of each regime, however, will be issued no more than once per day.
Still get the experience points it seems.
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2011-01-20 13:05:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dameshi said:
Ragnarok.Anye said:
Quote:

Still get the experience points it seems.
Oh, yeah. xD Sorry, mind fart there.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-01-20 13:07:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Needs Alexandrite drops outside salvage!
 Shiva.Aaralyn
Server: Shiva
user: Aaralyn
By Shiva.Aaralyn 2011-01-20 13:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Ravant said:
Its still not too difficult to get around from jeuno either. Can warp from Upper to Aht Urghan and for home nation just use Horst to go to La Thiene and use the book to warp thats behind you.

Or for people who don't FoV often and thus have no tabs, use Horst and tele to Attohwa, then run to OP (assuming it's not under beastmen control. Hasn't been on Shiva), and tele to home nation.

Figuring they will still also be in PJ after the version update, as well as in the 3 nations.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-01-20 13:32:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hohenheim said:

That sure would be nice..
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2011-01-20 16:46:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Merging the AHs will not change anything. It will kill the wallet of gimps lowbies trying to sell crystals, but there are no more low levels anyway. Farmers did not sell their junk in home nation because crafters are in Jeuno or White Gate. Wait noone crafts anymore.

Mythics suck anyway, plus noone does ZNMs, noone does Nyzul, noone does ToAU bosses, noone does assaults. Failga, it's not only alexandrites. Just getting all assault done is nigh impossible.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-01-20 16:57:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Merging the AHs will not change anything. It will kill the wallet of gimps lowbies trying to sell crystals, but there are no more low levels anyway. Farmers did not sell their junk in home nation because crafters are in Jeuno or White Gate. Wait noone crafts anymore.

Mythics suck anyway, plus noone does ZNMs, noone does Nyzul, noone does ToAU bosses, noone does assaults. Failga, it's not only alexandrites. Just getting all assault done is nigh impossible.
[+]
 Phoenix.Morier
Server: Phoenix
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2011-01-20 16:58:27
Link | Quote | Reply

It is impossible for you since you do not play, idiot. I see shouts for nyzul almost daily, and if you want to ZNM, assault, or salvage grab 2-3 people and make a day of it.Stop being lazy and say people do not do it just because you do not take initiative.
[+]
 Caitsith.Linear
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2011-01-20 16:58:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:

Job dependant. Ryunohige is Dragoon's best weapon, because Drakesbane is one of the strongest WSs in the game. Lower x-hit also makes maintaining OAT much easier.

Kenkonken for PUP, maybe? Most jobs pretty much got screwed though, I'll give you that.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-20 17:05:07
Link | Quote | Reply

They need to fix Dragua
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2011-01-20 17:10:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Morier said:
It is impossible for you since you do not play, idiot. I see shouts for nyzul almost daily, and if you want to ZNM, assault, or salvage grab 2-3 people and make a day of it.Stop being lazy and say people do not do it just because you do not take initiative.

No it's impossible because you will not get "friends" to help you on a 1H40 event or even a 30 min event because they like pixels too much, like you.
[+]
 Phoenix.Morier
Server: Phoenix
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2011-01-20 17:14:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I get "friends" to help all the time. I help "friends" all the time. I can see how you would have a hard time with it. You are the type of stupid that kids on the short bus make fun of to feel better.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-01-20 17:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

You may find this hard to believe but not everyone is an abrasive *** whose only satisfaction comes from telling people to suck less and flaunting HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE statements.
[+]