The Final Fantasy XI Team Answers Your Questions!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » The Final Fantasy XI Team Answers Your Questions!
The Final Fantasy XI Team Answers Your Questions!
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2011-01-21 02:40:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Caitsith.Linear said:
Kenkonken, yes, is the best PUP's weapon right now (but pup sucks).
Ehr no? What do you mean? Overall's utility? KKK > everything.
If we're talking about just pure damage, I think Verethragna (and probably Revenant Fists +2 as well) are better than KKK.
But yeah, KKK is a very very nice Mythic.
Generally I'd say that Mythic for jobs without relic are overall nice.
Kenkonken, Terpsichore, Death Penalty are all awesome. Don't really know about BLU though, and SCH's is... uhm, It's nice I guess and an inventory saver, but the "necessity" of WSing to use its full potential kinda limitates it imho. Think the same could probably be said for Nirvana.
Ryunohige too is nice.
Yagrush used to be "zOMG!" back when it was released. As of now, I don't really think it's "almost game breaking" as it used to be.

Glanzfaust could be pretty damned awesome as well if only SE fixed its aftermath bug, and I wonder how would Kogarasumaru do these days.
The enhancements on it are kinda meh, but they add versatility to SAM as a tank. Tachi: Rana used to suck back in the Hagun days, but now that GKTs have a good base damage, with the right Atmas and lots of Attack, plus the *** of DA and TA we get these days, I get the feeling Rana can be quite a nice WS. (altouth yeah, probably won't be better than Masamune)

But I agree that the 300TP needed to get the DA aftermath sometimes *** up your strategy/buffstacking, and I also agree that Mythic suck a lot overall, both as weapons and as the necessary steps to get them.
 Bismarck.Tuvae
Server: Bismarck
user: Tuv
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2011-01-21 03:26:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hohenheim said:
Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Merging the AHs will not change anything. It will kill the wallet of gimps lowbies trying to sell crystals, but there are no more low levels anyway. Farmers did not sell their junk in home nation because crafters are in Jeuno or White Gate. Wait noone crafts anymore.
Needs Alexandrite drops outside salvage!
Mythics suck anyway, plus noone does ZNMs, noone does Nyzul, noone does ToAU bosses, noone does assaults. Failga, it's not only alexandrites. Just getting all assault done is nigh impossible.
Oh ya because you need 18 people to do znms, toau bosses, nyzul, and assaults. I totally didn't know the ***was easy.
No but you need 6 ppl for 6 months straight.
Best, time, line, EVAR.
I didn't know it took 6 people to do assault and nyzul. Geez, hope I don't get banned for using 2 friends + a dual box! They both also happen to need captain and nyzul climb. Strange, amidonitwrong?

Yeh.. why would you nee 6 people? I dont get it.
 Diabolos.Trangnai
Server: Diabolos
user: Nai
By Diabolos.Trangnai 2011-01-21 04:26:01
Link | Quote | Reply

My response to this post by the team only really kept me asking about things i actualy care more about. The Only things I seen that really caught my eye were FoV and the Abyssea NPCs. However, I'm not making a Twitter account so I can rant to them about there obvious mistakes. However it is nice to see there actualy listening to us. Hopefully they will fix all the bugs We've been having too.
 Asura.Sotek
Server: Asura
user: Otek
By Asura.Sotek 2011-01-21 05:24:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Tuvae said:
Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Merging the AHs will not change anything. It will kill the wallet of gimps lowbies trying to sell crystals, but there are no more low levels anyway. Farmers did not sell their junk in home nation because crafters are in Jeuno or White Gate. Wait noone crafts anymore.
Needs Alexandrite drops outside salvage!
Mythics suck anyway, plus noone does ZNMs, noone does Nyzul, noone does ToAU bosses, noone does assaults. Failga, it's not only alexandrites. Just getting all assault done is nigh impossible.
Oh ya because you need 18 people to do znms, toau bosses, nyzul, and assaults. I totally didn't know the ***was easy.
No but you need 6 ppl for 6 months straight.
Best, time, line, EVAR.
I didn't know it took 6 people to do assault and nyzul. Geez, hope I don't get banned for using 2 friends + a dual box! They both also happen to need captain and nyzul climb. Strange, amidonitwrong?

Yeh.. why would you nee 6 people? I dont get it.

I guess everyone already has 100,000 Therion Ichor from Einherjar automatically, then.

Why people want Duties, Tasks and *** adjusted and not just out right removed, I'll never know. Having a blatant 6 month time sink quest was *** when people still thought the Aftermath wasn't split every 100TP, let alone now they're worse than weapons that take a couple of weeks to obtain.
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
Server: Leviathan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2011-01-21 12:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

My bad I forgot the 100k einherjar *** lol. This one alone beats assaults or nyzlulz.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-01-21 13:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I keep hearing how the weapons suck so much compared to empyreans. I didn't know Hvergelmir>Nirvana.
[+]
By Artemicion 2011-01-21 13:22:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I like what I see so far, but I only have a few requests that I'd like to see implemented later on:

Increase NPC fellow level cap, perhaps more quests for level caps and perhaps a more elaborate and systematic manner of changing their armor/weapons/WS choices.

Expand FoV to more places. I'd love to see it out in sea, toau, wog areas, etc. I don't care if they have to make some cheesy plot device to justify it being in the past. I would love to see more pages, more regimes and choices of monsters to fight.

Maybe even add a bonus "kill this NM" in the zone thing for additional rewards. And more things to spend tabs on is nice. I loved how most buffs lasted an hour. Why not add spikes, bar-elemental/status resistance, en-element attacks, warp to jeuno/whitegate/tavnazia/etc.?
[+]
 Caitsith.Drakkan
Server: Caitsith
user: Drakkan
By Caitsith.Drakkan 2011-01-21 14:15:42
Link | Quote | Reply

i like too see how we can trade seals, for some reason,Ninja seals and gear are so hard to get ?

also, why can't we not get skill up's in Campaigns?

would love to get my Parry up!

btw does SE really read these post?
 Cerberus.Nutt
Server: Cerberus
user: zuriel
By Cerberus.Nutt 2011-01-21 14:50:17
Link | Quote | Reply

May I have unlimited use of my Empress band now?

Also does anyone know when these updates will take effect?
[+]
 Bismarck.Pawnskipper
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Pawnskipper 2011-01-21 15:16:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait...wait...wait...wait...waaaait one stinking minute hear. Your telling me, I can take a level 50 friend to cape terrigan and he can get good exp through endless pages aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand skill ups!! I think my face just melted with joy! :)
[+]
 Leviathan.Tohihroyu
By Leviathan.Tohihroyu 2011-01-21 18:40:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
I like what I see so far, but I only have a few requests that I'd like to see implemented later on:

Increase NPC fellow level cap, perhaps more quests for level caps and perhaps a more elaborate and systematic manner of changing their armor/weapons/WS choices.

Expand FoV to more places. I'd love to see it out in sea, toau, wog areas, etc. I don't care if they have to make some cheesy plot device to justify it being in the past. I would love to see more pages, more regimes and choices of monsters to fight.

Maybe even add a bonus "kill this NM" in the zone thing for additional rewards. And more things to spend tabs on is nice. I loved how most buffs lasted an hour. Why not add spikes, bar-elemental/status resistance, en-element attacks, warp to jeuno/whitegate/tavnazia/etc.?

Also what about adding Reraise II & III? but they would cost a little more then Reraise (10 Tabs I think) maybe 30 for RR II and 50~60 for RR III? as silly as it sounds what about extra food buffs? (meh just a thought, I barely used those buffs if at all) I like the Idea of the NM kill bonus, oh what about the FoV NM's? then again there *is* something like that in the past areas: Succor to the Sidhe. Perhaps more chapters for 76+ gear? \(o_O)/ (though not many buy that gear from AH & unless they fix it, you can't use Rare marked gear)
[+]
By Artemicion 2011-01-22 03:09:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Tohihroyu said:
Artemicion said:

Also what about adding Reraise II & III? but they would cost a little more then Reraise (10 Tabs I think) maybe 30 for RR II and 50~60 for RR III? as silly as it sounds what about extra food buffs? (meh just a thought, I barely used those buffs if at all) I like the Idea of the NM kill bonus, oh what about the FoV NM's? then again there *is* something like that in the past areas: Succor to the Sidhe. Perhaps more chapters for 76+ gear? \(o_O)/ (though not many buy that gear from AH & unless they fix it, you can't use Rare marked gear)

FoV is a wonderful concept and has sparked great success on many MMOs including FFXI. It makes progression more casual friendly and fruitful for everyone. I'm just sad it didn't expand more than where it is now. More zones, more regimes, more rewards, NM hunt options, more buffs, etc. The opportunities are sky high, SE should take greater initiative off such highly acclaimed content.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-01-22 04:21:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Leviathan.Tohihroyu said:
Artemicion said:
I like what I see so far, but I only have a few requests that I'd like to see implemented later on: Increase NPC fellow level cap, perhaps more quests for level caps and perhaps a more elaborate and systematic manner of changing their armor/weapons/WS choices. Expand FoV to more places. I'd love to see it out in sea, toau, wog areas, etc. I don't care if they have to make some cheesy plot device to justify it being in the past. I would love to see more pages, more regimes and choices of monsters to fight. Maybe even add a bonus "kill this NM" in the zone thing for additional rewards. And more things to spend tabs on is nice. I loved how most buffs lasted an hour. Why not add spikes, bar-elemental/status resistance, en-element attacks, warp to jeuno/whitegate/tavnazia/etc.?
FoV is a wonderful concept and has sparked great success on many MMOs including FFXI. It makes progression more casual friendly and fruitful for everyone. I'm just sad it didn't expand more than where it is now. More zones, more regimes, more rewards, NM hunt options, more buffs, etc. The opportunities are sky high, SE should take greater initiative off such highly acclaimed content.
need a real buff from wearing signet/sanction such as like +50hp/mp regen/refresh while resting, haste, spell interupt down % ontop of FoV buffs. then you can solo better with less down time