Relic Weapon Or Empyrean Weapon?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Relic Weapon or Empyrean Weapon?
Relic Weapon or Empyrean Weapon?
First Page 2 3
 Bismarck.Fonseca
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Fonseca
By Bismarck.Fonseca 2011-01-09 03:24:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I am trying to decide to either go for Relic Weapon SAM or Empyrean Weapon SAM. Are relic weapons dead now? Cause if they are they should be cheap to get now.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-01-09 03:28:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Dynamis glass still static 500k each time. Theoretically less people doing dynamis decreases supply, but with empyreans'competition, less people would want a relic so less buyers and price falling. Though I never personally knew someone who bought currency, but someone has to buy it.

Do what you want imo. I enjoy blm/smn so I'm working on a mythic, Laevateinn if blm gets comet/meteor, or else Nirvana. It sucks doing the ***and I get excited everytime I see alexandrite, but it's fun working towards something I'd enjoy.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-01-09 03:32:04
Link | Quote | Reply

don't do either

finish leveling your ninja, upgrade tobi +1/2 (woe blade hi) until kannagi itself

there, just saved you about four months of your life i'd imagine, regardless of if you chose amanomurakumo or masamune, judging upon your question and era of ffxi it's being asked in
[+]
 Asura.Jaybezz
Server: Asura
By Asura.Jaybezz 2011-01-09 03:37:48
Link | Quote | Reply

do what u want, when abyssea is long gone and SE take out (hopefully) a new add on, which wont be abyssea and wont have RR atma ^^ relics will shine again(apart from a few weapons ofc amano/aegis/Ghorn, lol)

simple really relic will prob take 10-15x's more effort than a emp but u will be sure SE will nerf/buff/sue any weapon that comes close to them(just look at 85>90 boost for example).

[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-01-09 03:39:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
don't do either

finish leveling your ninja, upgrade tobi +1/2 (woe blade hi) until kannagi itself

there, just saved you about four months of your life i'd imagine, regardless of if you chose amanomurakumo or masamune, judging upon your question and era of ffxi it's being asked in

Look u guyz im bein useless lolz

Real answer, Masamune runs DPS circles around Amanomurakumo and is incredibly easy to get. That said, Square Enix has "Assured" the player base, that Relic Weapons will become the pinnacle of a jobs show of power at -Some point- in the future.

Honestly, I'd do Masamune until SE does something other than ***out giggles and devour sunshine, since at the very least, you won't be out 100+M
[+]
 Asura.Jaybezz
By Asura.Jaybezz 2011-01-09 03:43:21
Link | Quote | Reply

in all honestly iron has both amano+masamune, and he never uses amano its still prob in the 85 form he spent 2 weeks solid doing ^^

i have masamune, and amano just doesnt cut it, Stp+7 for a aftermath was good when?, ODD tbh crushes it, masamune is "nice" in abyssea but not king, outside in the real world where u dont have 1000000 STR 10000000 DEX 2m hp, fudo wins period

but yeh 100m+ for a weapon
or
1-3 weeks work for a emp weapon that "atm" destroys it
[+]
 Asura.Iarumas
By Asura.Iarumas 2011-01-09 04:02:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
i'm a dark knight and i act like i know how to play ffxi

you don't even need to open the spoiler, you know it's coming

anyways, as i said before, high emphasis,

don't do either

^
[+]
 Bismarck.Fonseca
user: Fonseca
By Bismarck.Fonseca 2011-01-09 04:03:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I guess your right, Empyrean is easier to get and more powerful and Relic is way more expensive and does less damage then Masamune.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-09 04:12:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Iarumas said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:

don't do either

^
Don't you mean Ukon?
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-01-09 04:22:20
Link | Quote | Reply

i didn't look at the guy's profile, so i figured his warrior was lower (even though abyssea burning a job 30>90 takes all of 9?hrs), so ninja ahoy
[+]
 Caitsith.Judaine
Server: Caitsith
user: Judaine
By Caitsith.Judaine 2011-01-09 04:49:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Asura.Iarumas said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:

don't do either

^
Don't you mean Ukon?

I myself am working on a Ukon. (My warrior is actually 90, my FFXIAH profile is outdated, because the link to it broke and it wont work with the other up-to-date page <.<)
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2011-01-09 06:34:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hohenheim said:

Do what you want imo. I enjoy blm/smn so I'm working on a mythic, Laevateinn if blm gets comet/meteor, or else Nirvana. It sucks doing the ***and I get excited everytime I see alexandrite, but it's fun working towards something I'd enjoy.

Laevateinn is worse than magian staves ...
[+]
 Bismarck.Tuvae
user: Tuv
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2011-01-09 06:41:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Im going for relic, regardless of what poeple say about it being a waste of money or that Empy is better. Although, im doing polearm, and ive not really seen much info on the empy WS or anything about it at all really. Gungnir is something ive always wanted and the feeling of accomplishment is really what im looking for, and getting an Empy wouldnt really give me that feeling. I like the idea of taking 1year+ to get something. The journey getting there is what i enjoy. I do hear alot of good things about Masa though, so if its simpley dmg your looking for and not the journey of forever like me, then go for Masa :P

either way gl on which ever you decide to get ^^ They are both awesome, neither of them is a waste of time/money. Dont let anyone tell you otherwise.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Trixta
Server: Cerberus
user: trixta
By Cerberus.Trixta 2011-01-09 07:34:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Bismarck.Tuvae said:
Im going for relic, regardless of what poeple say about it being a waste of money or that Empy is better. Although, im doing polearm, and ive not really seen much info on the empy WS or anything about it at all really. Gungnir is something ive always wanted and the feeling of accomplishment is really what im looking for, and getting an Empy wouldnt really give me that feeling. I like the idea of taking 1year+ to get something. The journey getting there is what i enjoy. I do hear alot of good things about Masa though, so if its simpley dmg your looking for and not the journey of forever like me, then go for Masa :P

either way gl on which ever you decide to get ^^ They are both awesome, neither of them is a waste of time/money. Dont let anyone tell you otherwise.

I'm glad you feel so strongly about this, as an accomplishment, even though the best DRG weapon out there right now is so much easier to get than Relic, Empyrean, or Mythic. If I wasn't so damn cheap and lazy, I'd be doing the same thing (Except I'd be after mythic instead, so much cooler looking).
 Bismarck.Tuvae
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2011-01-09 07:47:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Trixta said:
Quote:
Bismarck.Tuvae said:
Im going for relic, regardless of what poeple say about it being a waste of money or that Empy is better. Although, im doing polearm, and ive not really seen much info on the empy WS or anything about it at all really. Gungnir is something ive always wanted and the feeling of accomplishment is really what im looking for, and getting an Empy wouldnt really give me that feeling. I like the idea of taking 1year+ to get something. The journey getting there is what i enjoy. I do hear alot of good things about Masa though, so if its simpley dmg your looking for and not the journey of forever like me, then go for Masa :P either way gl on which ever you decide to get ^^ They are both awesome, neither of them is a waste of time/money. Dont let anyone tell you otherwise.
I'm glad you feel so strongly about this, as an accomplishment, even though the best DRG weapon out there right now is so much easier to get than Relic, Empyrean, or Mythic. If I wasn't so damn cheap and lazy, I'd be doing the same thing (Except I'd be after mythic instead, so much cooler looking).

Dont you need to build up 150k nyzul isle tokens and 100k points from Einherjar? Not really looked into Mythic all that much since that was my understanding. The thing about relic is you can do it in your own time, just building currency. When it comes to getting tokens/points its not something you can jsut spam since you need tags/72hour wait period. Unless of course im totally wrong...
 Cerberus.Trixta
By Cerberus.Trixta 2011-01-09 07:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Tuvae said:
Cerberus.Trixta said:
Quote:
Bismarck.Tuvae said:
Im going for relic, regardless of what poeple say about it being a waste of money or that Empy is better. Although, im doing polearm, and ive not really seen much info on the empy WS or anything about it at all really. Gungnir is something ive always wanted and the feeling of accomplishment is really what im looking for, and getting an Empy wouldnt really give me that feeling. I like the idea of taking 1year+ to get something. The journey getting there is what i enjoy. I do hear alot of good things about Masa though, so if its simpley dmg your looking for and not the journey of forever like me, then go for Masa :P either way gl on which ever you decide to get ^^ They are both awesome, neither of them is a waste of time/money. Dont let anyone tell you otherwise.

Dont you need to build up 150k nyzul isle tokens and 100k points from Einherjar? Not really looked into Mythic all that much since that was my understanding. The thing about relic is you can do it in your own time, just building currency. When it comes to getting tokens/points its not something you can jsut spam since you need tags/72hour wait period. Unless of course im totally wrong...

That is true, but they both take about the same amount of effort, in the end, out of the three I'd go for coolness factor (not really ease, though winning an emp would be sweet)
 Bismarck.Tuvae
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2011-01-09 08:23:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Trixta said:
Bismarck.Tuvae said:
Cerberus.Trixta said:
Quote:
Bismarck.Tuvae said:
That is true, but they both take about the same amount of effort, in the end, out of the three I'd go for coolness factor (not really ease, though winning an emp would be sweet)

Im lucky enough to be in a dyna shell where i get to sponsor some of the runs, although it wont make it super quick, it definetly helps. That mixed with simpley buying currency speeds it up alot and i feel like im making progress everyday. But like i said, needing to wait for tags/72hours, just feels like im at a standstill most of the time. But yeh... Ryu looks better than Gungnir, although gungnir is still sexy xD
 Quetzalcoatl.Natlow
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Natlow
By Quetzalcoatl.Natlow 2011-01-09 08:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Trixta said:
Bismarck.Tuvae said:
Cerberus.Trixta said:
Quote:
Bismarck.Tuvae said:

Not to mention the fact that Ryunohige shits all over Gungnir. OAT Drakesbane spam, yes please!
 Cerberus.Trixta
By Cerberus.Trixta 2011-01-09 08:34:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Natlow said:
Cerberus.Trixta said:
Bismarck.Tuvae said:
Cerberus.Trixta said:
Quote:
Bismarck.Tuvae said:

Not to mention the fact that Ryunohige shits all over Gungnir. OAT Drakesbane spam, yes please!

Not a source of my argument, but that is also a good point, but, in the end I'll keep working on a Corsesca, which puts all three of the hard to get polearms to shame with pure DoT.
 Bismarck.Tuvae
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2011-01-09 08:41:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Granted when i get it, its gunna take just aslong updagrading it as it did to get it >.>
[+]
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-01-09 10:02:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

Don't you mean Ukon?
Wouldn't TurkeyLegs be equally as good?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-09 10:08:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ukon destroys everything, provided it can go all out. That being said, def takes more support to be able to do so. Mnk has much better dmg mitigation it can use while still going all out.

Pure damage though, nothing touches Ukon.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-01-09 18:43:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Ukon destroys everything, provided it can go all out. That being said, def takes more support to be able to do so. Mnk has much better dmg mitigation it can use while still going all out.

Pure damage though, nothing touches Ukon.

Ukon is a beast, Warrior has, in gear, merits and job traits, what essentially adds up to be a constant "OAT" effect that processes on Weapon skills, making it perhaps the most sickening display of power in the known galaxy.

That said, the OP isn't asking about any other weapon than Amano or Masamune, so
Asura.Iarumas said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:

don't do either

^

Now my feelings are hurt, I have much better punctuation than that.

Also, I don't know if you noticed, but the OP is asking a very specific question, Masamune or Amano, so yeah, you're still useless.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-09 18:57:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Often worse than HQ staffs too...
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2011-01-09 19:06:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Often worse than HQ staffs too...

I dunno about that... at 90 it's

DPS: 1343
DMG:90
Delay:402
Enhances "Elemental Seal" effect Accuracy+30
Magic Accuracy+10
"Magic Atk. Bonus"+50 "Vidohunir"
Aftermath: Inc. Mag. Acc./Mag. Atk. Occasionally attacks twice
LV 90 BLM

I'd think that's better than the NQ staves and while it's likely worse vs. the HQ or the 90 Magian +2 staves, Hohenheim said they were thinking of building it for Meteor which no one even knows that the elemental affinity will be?

TBH I just look at it as a golf club. Might be useful in a niche situation, so to that end just stick it in the bag with the rest of the staves a BLM will have at their disposal
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-09 19:10:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Forgot it was up to 50MAB now. Ok assuming you make it AND do all the trials to get it to 90 (fun times) it would be HQ staffs as long as you had less than 233 MAB...

But even the teiwaz stage of magian staffs will most likely start beating it in abyssea ie have at least 150 MAB total.

Personally I'd go for nirvana since you aren't betting on a huge maybe on if it will be halfway decent or not lol
 Asura.Iarumas
By Asura.Iarumas 2011-01-09 19:42:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Also, I don't know if you noticed, but the OP is asking a very specific question, Masamune or Amano, so yeah, you're still useless.

and i have both as a testament that neither is worth it at this point in time in ffxi, so once again, go suck a million *** with your near-equally worthless drk for i'm sure +95% of the posters here can agree that doing neither would be quite beneficial to the op's success

the best part is though, he kind of answered his own question without any input needed

in before youmad.jpg

in before i slap him on the cheek a third time all while he assumes i'm taking this seriously in some manner

i ain't even mad (.jpg), but goddamn it is astonishing seeing people dig themselves a hole under their own feet and not care to admit it
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-01-09 20:13:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Forgot it was up to 50MAB now. Ok assuming you make it AND do all the trials to get it to 90 (fun times) it would be HQ staffs as long as you had less than 233 MAB...

But even the teiwaz stage of magian staffs will most likely start beating it in abyssea ie have at least 150 MAB total.

Personally I'd go for nirvana since you aren't betting on a huge maybe on if it will be halfway decent or not lol

They changed trials to between 200-400 kills per trial. It's not 1.5k-2k anymore. And I wouldn't dare start it until we knew about comet/meteor.
First Page 2 3