Relic Weapon Or Empyrean Weapon?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Relic Weapon or Empyrean Weapon?
Relic Weapon or Empyrean Weapon?
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-25 01:14:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I think something else to consider is after the next update or 2 the game might not be so abyssea centric. Which seriously devalues most of the currently best ws for certain weapons... like alot of the crit ones being used wont be the best. Alot of empyrean too since you wont have omg stat mods
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-01-25 01:39:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
I think something else to consider is after the next update or 2 the game might not be so abyssea centric. Which seriously devalues most of the currently best ws for certain weapons... like alot of the crit ones being used wont be the best. Alot of empyrean too since you wont have omg stat mods

If this is going to be the case, then I want a refresh+10 minimun piece of gear, im not *** around on mages outside abyssite anymore ><
 Ramuh.Yarly
Server: Ramuh
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2011-01-25 01:41:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ukko's Fury and Victory Smite are pretty much safe outside of abyssea.

Anyway I say both because if you get the Masamune, you wouldn't be depleting (m)any of the resources you'd be using towards an Amanomurakumo

It's not like you have 100mil gil to spend on a relic and mythic or two relics. Empyreans are, for the most part, free. Relics are expensive.

Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-25 01:51:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hohenheim said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
If this is going to be the case, then I want a refresh+10 minimun piece of gear, im not *** around on mages outside abyssite anymore ><
Whm mages are gunna QQ for brds and/or rdms again
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-01-25 01:57:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Leviathan.Hohenheim said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Whm mages are gunna QQ for brds and/or rdms again

It's not enough having brd/rdm ._.; Rdm gets lol+8 and it still sucks...gonna need whm smn brd cor rdm for healing pt, then blm rdm brd cor smn for nuking pt ><
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-25 02:18:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Gunna have to go back to worrying about tp feet since you can't just cure bomb the *** out of everyone now. *** you mnk tanks!
 Kujata.Cdog
Server: Kujata
user: Mandingo
By Kujata.Cdog 2011-01-25 11:20:53
Link | Quote | Reply

went out into West Ron and spent about 4 hours killing Wild Rabbits Lv.0 Mobs
Hume WAR90/37THF (yes gimp sub, never got around to capping it)

Fell Cleave has the exact same mods as old Torment so decided to test SA Cleave vs SA Torment
STR=88+56 kept the same set on at all times, Gorget was used at all times
Melee Hits Averaged 368.5
Crit Hits Averaged 509.8
found the fSTR to be 160.22

(509.2+160.22+86.4)2.85 = 2155.8 Predicted Average

20 SA+Fell Cleaves Average at 2150.6
20 SA+Torments Average at 2,690.6

X=Adjusted fTP Mod

(509.2+160.22+86.4)X = 2690.6
756.42X = 2690.6
X = 3.557(With Gorget)

This is a 25% difference from Fell Cleave, thus confirming the WS Damage boost, which finally makes me happy. Possible error would be the Lv. function applied to the WSC mod (dont know what it is at 90 so I left it out of reasoning. I also shouldnt have used any Gorgets for testing but I kept a gorget for each WS so the results are as consistant as I could make them. It is fairly safe to assume that the fTP mod has been boosted by 25% (this is how they would boost the WS, would be the fTP mod, btw) so Lv.90 Torment *should* be something like: 60% STR 3.4375 fTP.

had to get out there and test it myself but I can see the difference now after comparing it to Fell Cleave. This does cause me to question what wiki has up for Catastrophe. they have it at 4.00 now when it should be at 3.4375 (maybe an honest 3.5?) with a 25% boost. Or is my math off?

oh, and Spharai MNKs dont get hit much now with that HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE counter rate lol. Heavy TP moves still hurt of course but overall, those Spharai just dont get hit.