Square Enix Reduces Earnings Forecasts by 91%
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-19 00:51:58
Link | Quote | Reply

and I guess if Cloud wanted to control Jenova, all the "clones" could become Cloud... or some ***, (in theory)
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-19 00:52:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
He was a remnant of Sephiroth as he had the same Jenova cells injected into him by Hojo when him and Zack were captured.

more like he was a better Jenova remnant than Sephiroth himself was, and Sephiroth had the power to overpower his "mother" and Cloud is stronger..., just it took him longer to control it...

Well I suppose that depends on perspective, Cloud has defeated Sephiroth but Sephiroth still resides inside him (That's what she said)

Jenova inside him, not Sephiroth...

Jenova cells are indeed inside him, but the darkness that resides inside all of the remnants is linked to Sephiroth (Hence Kadaj turning into him in Advent Children).
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-19 00:54:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
He was a remnant of Sephiroth as he had the same Jenova cells injected into him by Hojo when him and Zack were captured.

more like he was a better Jenova remnant than Sephiroth himself was, and Sephiroth had the power to overpower his "mother" and Cloud is stronger..., just it took him longer to control it...

Well I suppose that depends on perspective, Cloud has defeated Sephiroth but Sephiroth still resides inside him (That's what she said)

Jenova cells are indeed inside him, but the darkness that resides inside all of the remnants is linked to Sephiroth (Hence Kadaj turning into him in Advent Children).

I don't see the basis for this theory about any "darkness"
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-19 00:54:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

I don't see the basis for this theory about any "darkness"

Ever played Dissidia? It's all pretty much explained there.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-19 00:57:58
Link | Quote | Reply

can't say I remember anything about it in it, sounds like BS to be honest.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-19 00:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Well you don't agree with it of course it sounds like BS to you.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-19 01:03:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Well you don't agree with it of course it sounds like BS to you.
negative, it just in general sounds like BS, I don't disagree or agree with it, I just don't remember it, I'll have to play it again I guess.
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
Server: Lakshmi
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2010-12-19 01:10:23
Link | Quote | Reply

this kinda scares me thing xi could be done because of this?
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-19 01:32:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Ryanx said:
this kinda scares me thing xi could be done because of this?

doubtful, unless they want to cut all of their profits. SE needs to sit back and give their fans want they want, and they have not been doing that over the past few years, while at the same time they should look into new things to bring in more players, sad but true a lot of people just don't play rpgs at all, or anything made in Japan, but most of those said people are generally cod and sport "games" retards (imo). Idk what they have been trying to do the past few years but it isn't working...
 Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan
Leonardo da Clippi
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan 2010-12-19 01:56:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Akeda said:
tl;dr IMO both 13 and 14 really hurt the company because of their 'duurrr hurrr lets do what ever we want! People will buy it just for the Final Fantasy name' way of thinking.

Making FF14 basically free didn't help their earnings either.

When ever FF15 comes out I wouldn't be surprised if no one cared and it sold poorly even if they did everything right.
^
I don't think I would buy FF15, I'd have to be really *** impressed. Kinda sick of their ***after 13 and 14, I'll just replay all the old games instead buying POS new games :\
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-19 02:45:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan said:
Kujata.Akeda said:
tl;dr IMO both 13 and 14 really hurt the company because of their 'duurrr hurrr lets do what ever we want! People will buy it just for the Final Fantasy name' way of thinking.

Making FF14 basically free didn't help their earnings either.

When ever FF15 comes out I wouldn't be surprised if no one cared and it sold poorly even if they did everything right.
^
I don't think I would buy FF15, I'd have to be really *** impressed. Kinda sick of their ***after 13 and 14, I'll just replay all the old games instead buying POS new games :\

13 looked like it was going to be better than it turned out, I think they need to sit back and look at it as a quality perspective again instead of the bottom line (company talk) and they'll do better, which for some reason a lot of their staff just isn't getting.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Server: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-12-19 02:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

13 is great.
 Ramuh.Chuuuuu
user: chuuuuu
By Ramuh.Chuuuuu 2010-12-19 02:50:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Sagittario said:
13 is great.
idk my friend bought it after i told him not to and he basically cried at how bad it was and returned it same day lol
 Diabolos.Rydiya
Server: Diabolos
user: Rydiya
By Diabolos.Rydiya 2010-12-19 02:51:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Sagittario said:
13 is great.
Your face is great.

>.> Actually.. Your face is kinda cute.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-12-19 02:55:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Chuuuuu said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
13 is great.
idk my friend bought it after i told him not to and he basically cried at how bad it was and returned it same day lol

Wow what a little ***. Could at least have made an effort. I don't like quitters.
 Ramuh.Chuuuuu
user: chuuuuu
By Ramuh.Chuuuuu 2010-12-19 02:55:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Ramuh.Chuuuuu said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
13 is great.

Wow what a little ***. Could at least have made an effort. I don't like quitters.
he really hated it lol i know cuz he kept spam texting me how much it sucked lol i warned him!
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-19 02:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Sagittario said:
13 is great.

Lol.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-12-19 03:02:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
13 is great.
Lol.

no u.
 Ragnarok.Vitaru
Server: Ragnarok
user: Vite
By Ragnarok.Vitaru 2010-12-19 03:16:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Commenting on someone talking about the merge on couple pages back, It's true that the majority of Square-Enix employees were from Square Inc. but that at the time of the merge, usually when two companies merge after years the real shape of the company starts to come to the surface.

Keeping in mind that the majority shareholding capital is owned by Yasuhiro Fukushima (Enix's founder), the future of the "merge" will be most likely influenced by the board's vision, even though the board are not supposed to middle in day to day operations. Going back, Enix made it's only worthy title (imo) Dragon Quest, and was focusing more on diversified business module, hence they started acquiring subsidiaries.

I think the vision of the company is not about achieving "quality", it's about the consolidation look of the holding Co. and making profits by acquiring diversified businesses, which in the video game industry will bring you down ultimately, and the fail merge just sit its fruit.
 Phoenix.Degs
Server: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-12-19 03:16:44
Link | Quote | Reply

One thing that might bounce them back in a good direction, is maybe doing a second company merger, and getting some fresh new idea's on the table for new and old games, a revamping of the company as a whole would be a step in the right direction especially for the failed ff14 and the still going ff11
By Artemicion 2010-12-19 03:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish SE had the same staff and mindset as they did in the early 90s.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-19 03:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
I wish SE had the same staff and mindset as they did in the early 90s.

yeah, they should never have merged wit Enix, *** them both in the long run.
 Phoenix.Degs
Server: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-12-19 04:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea i have to agree with that one, seems ever since they did that merger with enix, they have been on the decline
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8