2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Square Enix Reduces Earnings Forecasts by 91%
Square Enix Reduces Earnings Forecasts by 91%
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
By Andylynn 2010-12-17 18:08:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
and this is a forum, not a my way or the highway blogger.
i was posting here already so I don't really think I butted in :/
you butted in with your angry QQ's though when Jaerik said something that obviously upset you very much.
i just happened to find his point to be a bit off base, it was your own butting in with your UR WRONG!! attitude that started the whole mess. my whole aim was to show it didnt seem right; and like rdm avatar guy stated, FFIII and IV are two more prime examples of post merger remakes. your article also stated 1 and 2 have been remade, so why persist?
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-17 18:12:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Andylynn said:
why persist?
yes, why are you persisting?
I was thinking that exact question reading this post.
By Enternius 2010-12-17 18:16:32
Link | Quote | Reply

-Keanu Reeves- Because I choose to.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-12-17 18:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

tl;dr IMO both 13 and 14 really hurt the company because of their 'duurrr hurrr lets do what ever we want! People will buy it just for the Final Fantasy name' way of thinking.

Making FF14 basically free didn't help their earnings either.

When ever FF15 comes out I wouldn't be surprised if no one cared and it sold poorly even if they did everything right.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-12-17 18:29:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-17 18:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
I would have laughed more if you used the gigantic frog emote in the middle.
By Andylynn 2010-12-17 18:31:07
Link | Quote | Reply

):< thats supposed to be disgusting bachelor frog, not whatever!!

like...

EAT CHILI DOG AND GET CHILI ALL OVER HANDS...
USE DIRTY UNDERWEAR AS NAPKIN, AND LICK REST OFF.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-17 18:35:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Andylynn said:

like...

yes.
all memes must be the exact same thing :D
unless it's the advice dog it's not the original though :/
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-12-17 18:35:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Andylynn said:

like...

I'm aware of it's original purpose but meh.. I like the frog the most. I've come to a point to where I can almost hear how it would say it's captions.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-17 18:39:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Andylynn said:

like...

I'm aware of it's original purpose but meh.. I like the frog the most. I've come to a point to where I can almost hear how it would say it's captions.
I like a few of the combination ones with the wolf and the puppy.
By Andylynn 2010-12-17 18:43:21
Link | Quote | Reply

like one that shas the puppy say SEE EX GIRLFRIEND WITH NEW BF, and the wolf say KILL HIM AND WEAR HIS FACE AS A MASK, CONTINUE RELATIONSHIP.
 Quetzalcoatl.Absolutezero
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Absolutezero 2010-12-17 19:36:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, all they need to do is remake ffvii for some profit. And on the Enix side, they could make another Act Raiser, now that would be awesome sauce. Then again, maybe I'm the only one who remembers that game....
 Fenrir.Mankey
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-12-17 20:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said:
I guess Sakaguchi knew when to leave...

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
abyssea is made of fail
this is good stuff
 Leviathan.Rihoko
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Rihoko 2010-12-18 04:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Bobby Kotick and Wada should have sex and create a singularity of managerial failure.

I wonder if Wada has played a Final Fantasy Any Game before.

Fix'd and obviously not.

Shortly I'm in favor of tought that a video game company manager must know about games and understand consumer expectations. This is why SE and some other big video game companies fail lately and why their games suck horribly.
By Artemicion 2010-12-18 23:27:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Perhaps I'm romanticizing the concept, but wouldn't it be funny if SE pulls another serendipity which created the title Final Fantasy to begin with?

For those who don't know, In 1987, Square Inc. was about to go under and in one last ditch effort, they created their supposedly final game release: Final Fantasy. Turns out it was so successful it literally saved the business, and things took off from there.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-12-18 23:28:57
Link | Quote | Reply

One can only hope.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-18 23:29:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Absolutezero said:
Yeah, all they need to do is remake ffvii for some profit. And on the Enix side, they could make another Act Raiser, now that would be awesome sauce. Then again, maybe I'm the only one who remembers that game....

Act Raiser is god-damn awesome.
By Artemicion 2010-12-18 23:33:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Would be nice if they had somewhat of a cast/director overhaul to put the best interest back into the players and not for themselves which turns out to be a mutually beneficial business move over time. At this point, there is no dues ex machina for SE. Just gotta play it safe, and make wise decisions over the course of the next several years.
 Bahamut.Paulus
Server: Bahamut
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2010-12-19 00:01:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Andylynn said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Andylynn said:
FFVII is overated hype, ijs. the only reason its popular, is because its the first RPG 90% of yall were able to experience first. cloud and sephiroth were angsty emo pussies. every character was stock, boring, cliche, or both. square thought they were badasses because they could put a few bad words into a game like a fourth grader hearing *** for the first time, throwing it inbetween words where it dont belong to sound cool. PS2 was the golden era of the FF series :). ijs.
lolwut PS2 had a whopping 3 games on it. FFX, FFX-2, and FFXII. If you consider those the best of Final Fantasy titles...

FFX was like the second coming of the video game christ. characters had personality for once, like auron; who didnt automatically subvert to the 'giant sword wielding, quiet tough guy.' he had depth, a reason to care about him, and his badassery even let him conquer the grave. the story was an interesting concept too, especially the twist at the end. who wants to play a game with the same 'teens saving the world' plot 24/7. it had tons of side quests, secrets, and plenty of things to do outside of the box.

FFXI, this needs no explaination >_>;

XII to me was a beautiful cohesive mesh between graphic quality and story narrative. the character design left me wanting a bit more, but who didnt love balthier and fran? (nomentioningvaan'smanbraplz) it was a step in the right direction for expirementation unlike FFXIII; hence its well deserve nickname in my opinion: final fantasy offline. it gave me a nice smooth taste to wanna pick up an MMO afterwards.

regardless. FFVII sucked.

edit:
Quote:
As for Cloud and Sephiroth being Emo... Not really, unless you were skipping most of the dialogue in that game you have the reading comprehension of a 4 year old.

cloud was the biggest brooding pussy on the planet! he was too wimpy to even get into soldier, and after nibelhiem went down in smoke, he couldnt even bear to think about it and took on his own friend's persona and memories as his own. the cloud everyone thinks of as a bad *** is just a pussy with a severe case of mental repression and schizophrenia!

Wasn't the original Cloud killed at Nibelhiem and then cloned? I always figured the story was about clone Cloud coming to grips with what he was. Maybe I misinterpreted it all this time. Rather he died shortly after the ordeal with Sephiroth but was cloned before he died.
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
Server: Carbuncle
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2010-12-19 00:34:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah ff7 sucked,, thats why it sold more copies, and thats why the majority of ff fans think ff7 the best.. >_>
By Artemicion 2010-12-19 00:36:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sales reflect target audiences more so than actual quality.
Again, quality of a game is subjective to individualized opinions regardless of how big of a hard on people have for a particular game or how many sales it holds.
I think FF6 > 7, but that's just me.
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2010-12-19 00:38:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Sales reflect target audiences more so than actual quality. Again, quality of a game is subjective to individualized opinions regardless of how big of a hard on people have for a particular game or how many sales it holds. I think FF6 > 7, but that's just me.
Sabin defintely wins fav char in ff award for me. , still ff7 my personal fav
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-19 00:41:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Paulus said:
Andylynn said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Andylynn said:
FFVII is overated hype, ijs. the only reason its popular, is because its the first RPG 90% of yall were able to experience first. cloud and sephiroth were angsty emo pussies. every character was stock, boring, cliche, or both. square thought they were badasses because they could put a few bad words into a game like a fourth grader hearing *** for the first time, throwing it inbetween words where it dont belong to sound cool. PS2 was the golden era of the FF series :). ijs.
lolwut PS2 had a whopping 3 games on it. FFX, FFX-2, and FFXII. If you consider those the best of Final Fantasy titles...

FFX was like the second coming of the video game christ. characters had personality for once, like auron; who didnt automatically subvert to the 'giant sword wielding, quiet tough guy.' he had depth, a reason to care about him, and his badassery even let him conquer the grave. the story was an interesting concept too, especially the twist at the end. who wants to play a game with the same 'teens saving the world' plot 24/7. it had tons of side quests, secrets, and plenty of things to do outside of the box.

FFXI, this needs no explaination >_>;

XII to me was a beautiful cohesive mesh between graphic quality and story narrative. the character design left me wanting a bit more, but who didnt love balthier and fran? (nomentioningvaan'smanbraplz) it was a step in the right direction for expirementation unlike FFXIII; hence its well deserve nickname in my opinion: final fantasy offline. it gave me a nice smooth taste to wanna pick up an MMO afterwards.

regardless. FFVII sucked.

edit:
Quote:
As for Cloud and Sephiroth being Emo... Not really, unless you were skipping most of the dialogue in that game you have the reading comprehension of a 4 year old.

cloud was the biggest brooding pussy on the planet! he was too wimpy to even get into soldier, and after nibelhiem went down in smoke, he couldnt even bear to think about it and took on his own friend's persona and memories as his own. the cloud everyone thinks of as a bad *** is just a pussy with a severe case of mental repression and schizophrenia!

Wasn't the original Cloud killed at Nibelhiem and then cloned? I always figured the story was about clone Cloud coming to grips with what he was. Maybe I misinterpreted it all this time. Rather he died shortly after the ordeal with Sephiroth but was cloned before he died.

may be wrong but the last I checked the Shinra didn't have the capacity to actually "clone" people, on top of how few years it was between that event and the storyline. The term "Sephiroth clone" (iirc) was a mistranslation of sorts.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-19 00:44:25
Link | Quote | Reply

He was a remnant of Sephiroth as he had the same Jenova cells injected into him by Hojo when him and Zack were captured.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-19 00:44:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Sales reflect target audiences more so than actual quality.
Again, quality of a game is subjective to individualized opinions regardless of how big of a hard on people have for a particular game or how many sales it holds.
I think FF6 > 7, but that's just me.

considering 7 was the key to a new era of rpg (debatable I guess) it could be claimed it is the "best" then again, how many other of the games have spin-offs short of tactics (and the original remakes) although as to why they haven't remade that thing yet (bad decision imo, $ wise) is beyond me. They could clean the thing up, add some content, clean it up and package it for $59.99 and at a reduced cost of a new game, and people would buy it, a lot of people.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-19 00:46:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
He was a remnant of Sephiroth as he had the same Jenova cells injected into him by Hojo when him and Zack were captured.

more like he was a better Jenova remnant than Sephiroth himself was, and Sephiroth had the power to overpower his "mother" and Cloud is stronger..., just it took him longer to control it...
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2010-12-19 00:48:41
Link | Quote | Reply

*** mario, sonic, donkey kong, etc etc... are having remakes, i dont understand why they dont remake ff7, ive played the remade ff3 and ff4, on the ds, figure they will get to ff7 soon, but they should redo ff7 now, and come back to 5 and 6
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-19 00:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

more like he was a better Jenova remnant than Sephiroth himself was, and Sephiroth had the power to overpower his "mother" and Cloud is stronger..., just it took him longer to control it...

Well I suppose that depends on perspective, Cloud has defeated Sephiroth but Sephiroth still resides inside him (That's what she said)
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-19 00:51:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Well I suppose that depends on perspective, Cloud has defeated Sephiroth but Sephiroth still resides inside him (That's what she said)

Jenova inside him, not Sephiroth...
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8