If You're A Guy, Why Do You Play As A Girl?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » If you're a guy, why do you play as a girl?
If you're a guy, why do you play as a girl?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-14 22:06:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wondering. Why do you play as a female when there's a choice, and the only thing that changes is your avatar?

I can understand a guy playing as a Mithra because they have different stats therefore you choose the race to fit your playing style.

Not judging or anything, just honestly curious.

Edit: Actually, vice versa too. If you're a girl why do you play as a guy?
[+]
 Asura.Poupee
Server: Asura
user: Lian
By Asura.Poupee 2010-12-14 22:08:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Just wondering. I've always wondered why guys play as female Humes, Taru's or Elvaan.

I can understand a guy playing as a Mithra because they have different stats therefore you choose the race to fit your playing style.

Maybe because they wanna look at boobs, and girls butts while they play?
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2010-12-14 22:09:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know about some, but don't Mithras have the best EVA in the game?

As for the others... I was under the impression they did it for the free stuff provided from lonely geeks.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-14 22:09:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Poupee said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Just wondering. I've always wondered why guys play as female Humes, Taru's or Elvaan.

Why are they staring at boobs and girl butts? Surely your attention would be better focused on the action?
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-14 22:09:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Magnuss said:
I don't know about some, but don't Mithras have the best EVA in the game?

As for the others... I was under the impression they did it for the free stuff provided from lonely geeks.

Ah yes, I pointed out Mithra I understand, different stats etc.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-14 22:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Poupee said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Your best avatar
[+]
 Asura.Silvaria
By Asura.Silvaria 2010-12-14 22:10:28
Link | Quote | Reply

My ex was a guy playing a female Hume. I have no idea why he did that...he turned out to be borderline psycho and just batsh!t crazy, so...doesn't speak well for guys who do that. D8
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-14 22:12:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Silvaria said:
My ex was a guy playing a female Hume. I have no idea why he did that...he turned out to be borderline psycho and just batsh!t crazy, so...doesn't speak well for guys who do that. D8

:o that's kinda creepy lol. I'm just curious, outside of the "I like to stare at a girls *** rather than a guys ***" I've never heard anything else. I don't understand staring at your characters *** anyway, unless you're going to fap all day every day.
 Asura.Poupee
By Asura.Poupee 2010-12-14 22:12:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Asura.Poupee said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Your best avatar
nou
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-14 22:14:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Asura.Silvaria said:

:o that's kinda creepy lol. I'm just curious, outside of the "I like to stare at a girls *** rather than a guys ***" I've never heard anything else. I don't understand staring at your characters *** anyway, unless you're going to fap all day every day.
Well i don't play a female character, but some may just prefer females. For example, there are many rpgs w/ female lead roles that are awesome games.

However, it is *** up when you try to portray yourself as a female when you're not.
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-12-14 22:16:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Well the only other online MMO-like game I've played outside of XI was PSU, and I had female characters on that because of stats.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-14 22:16:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Asura.Silvaria said:

Well i don't play a female character, but some may just prefer females. For example, there are many rpgs w/ female lead roles that are awesome games.

However, it is *** up when you try to portray yourself as a female when you're not.

Oh yeah, I understand that. I play as a female in some games... A game that provides alternate stats for a female, or different dialogue, and obviously I play as a female in games where there's no choice.

I should rephrase, Why do you play as a female when there's a choice, and the only thing that changes is your avatar.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-14 22:16:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, there are many more hume M than hume F and back when RSE was good (lv 60 version) for many jobs depending on the particular piece, the hume F counterpart was ALWAYS a *** cheaper than hume M
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-14 22:17:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Well the only other online MMO-like game I've played outside of XI was PSU, and I had female characters on that because of stats.

Well that's understandable. Choose a character to your play style, if that's female them meh.
 Caitsith.Linear
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-12-14 22:18:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Stuff looks better on female characters. That's really about it for me.

Granted, my character was made male, but I find myself plasticsurgeoning myself into a female fairly often lately. I'd blame the Darksteel Subligar in my PDT set if I hadn't been doing so before I made said set.

/shrug
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-14 22:18:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Well, there are many more hume M than hume F and back when RSE was good (lv 60 version) for many jobs depending on the particular piece, the hume F counterpart was ALWAYS a *** cheaper than hume M

Oh I know, I'm just curious why people like to portray themselves as a girl, unless of course you are confused etc which is fine. I should say I wonder why overtly straight guys choose female avatars.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-14 22:19:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Linear said:
Stuff looks better on female characters. That's really about it for me.

Granted, my character was made male, but I find myself plasticsurgeoning myself into a female fairly often lately. I'd blame the Darksteel Subligar in my PDT set if I hadn't been doing so before I made said set.

/shrug

Fair enough, I can understand that to a certain extent too. Plastic surgeoning isn't so bad either.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-14 22:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to plastic surgeon Elvaan F a lot cause I like their asuran fists animation, lol, but I do elvaan M now cause I like their fighting stance and their kicks.
 Asura.Silvaria
By Asura.Silvaria 2010-12-14 22:22:24
Link | Quote | Reply

For a while I knew a guy who purposely portrayed himself as a female in order to get free stuff...the sad part is, he got TONS of free gear from guys, even very expensive items. I lost all respect for him after that, I thought it was disgusting. 8(
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-14 22:22:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
I used to plastic surgeon Elvaan F a lot cause I like their asuran fists animation, lol, but I do elvaan M now cause I like their fighting stance and their kicks.

I can understand that too.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-14 22:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Silvaria said:
For a while I knew a guy who purposely portrayed himself as a female in order to get free stuff...the sad part is, he got TONS of free gear from guys, even very expensive items. I lost all respect for him after that, I thought it was disgusting. 8(

That kinda creeps me out tbh >.>

I knew one guy who was 40~ who pretended to be a 14 year old girl to get free stuff.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-14 22:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sup Poupee
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-12-14 22:23:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Chose mithra cause i looked at the game before i created my Character, saw i wanted to be a THF, and mithra had the highest DEX/AGI.

So i went with that!

Also, Galkas looked horrible, Elvaans were ***, Tarus were for attention ***, and Humes were too boring.

So i went with the E-*** with high DEX
[+]
 Asura.Poupee
By Asura.Poupee 2010-12-14 22:23:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Sup Poupee
rofllmfaocantstoplaughing love you<333
[+]
 Caitsith.Linear
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-12-14 22:24:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I've known a few guys who've portrayed themselves as lesbians. That was kinda weird. Entertaining when it all came out, but weird none the less.
 Leviathan.Bassclef
Server: Leviathan
user: Bassclef
By Leviathan.Bassclef 2010-12-14 22:24:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I always got the standard "it's something better to look at" when I asked my friends who play MMOs as the opposite gender. Personally, I prefer to play as female in games like Mass Effect. Don't get me wrong, I played both Mass Effect 1 and 2 first through as a male, but I always found playing as a Renegade FemShep much more enjoyable.
 Asura.Elvaton
user: Elvaton
By Asura.Elvaton 2010-12-14 22:25:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Linear said:
I've known a few guys who've portrayed themselves as lesbians. That was kinda weird. Entertaining when it all come out, butweird none the less.
hehehe that reminds me back in the day i made a lesbian LS lmao good times :P
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-12-14 22:26:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Elvaton said:
Caitsith.Linear said:
I've known a few guys who've portrayed themselves as lesbians. That was kinda weird. Entertaining when it all come out, butweird none the less.
hehehe that reminds me back in the day i made a lesbian LS lmao good times :P

was a sausage fest wasn't it?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-14 22:26:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Well if there were Rhiana I'd pick hume F so if they made the most difficult battle in the game Chris Brown
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9