If You're A Guy, Why Do You Play As A Girl?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » If you're a guy, why do you play as a girl?
If you're a guy, why do you play as a girl?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Asura.Elvaton
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Elvaton
By Asura.Elvaton 2010-12-14 22:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said:
Asura.Elvaton said:
Caitsith.Linear said:
I've known a few guys who've portrayed themselves as lesbians. That was kinda weird. Entertaining when it all come out, butweird none the less.
hehehe that reminds me back in the day i made a lesbian LS lmao good times :P

was a sausage fest wasn't it?
i actually think i got a few legit lesbians
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-14 22:26:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Poupee said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Sup Poupee
rofllmfaocantstoplaughing love you<333
<3!
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-14 22:26:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Linear said:
I've known a few guys who've portrayed themselves as lesbians. That was kinda weird. Entertaining when it all came out, but weird none the less.

lol
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-14 22:27:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretending to be a girl makes an excellent set up for a can't ignore my girth type joke.
By Purpleeyes 2010-12-14 22:28:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I made my character female because there was no way in hell I was gonna make a male DNC.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-14 22:28:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Purpleeyes said:
I made my character female because there was no way in hell I was gonna make a male DNC.

Why not?
 Asura.Elvaton
user: Elvaton
By Asura.Elvaton 2010-12-14 22:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Purpleeyes said:
a male dnc is just a male stripper same ***
 Leviathan.Niniann
Server: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-12-14 22:29:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a female playing a female, but if I had a choice I'd play as a Male Mithra. The reason I'm a Female Mithra instead of say a Male Hume is because I like Cats (I'm a furry, etc). Anyway, let's pretend they look something like this:

There's a few reasons why I'd play as a male instead of a female. One of the main reasons is females get a lot of unwanted attention in MMOs/online, and I'm usually not comfortable with such attention. Another reason is many top-tier players (the crowd I prefer to roll with) often times don't respect woman/female players (I have to deal with a lot of female bashing in /l :x) and if I'm a male avatar, questions aren't asked (they'd assume I were a male since I don't act overly feminine imo) and I'd already gain respect and would not be lumped into the "dumb girl" category.

Edit: Also I'd just prefer having a male avatar. A lot of times when I RP I'm a male character.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-14 22:31:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Another reason is many top-tier players (the crowd I prefer to roll with) often times don't respect woman/female players

But but who else is going to prepare my red curry buns :(
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-14 22:31:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:
I'm a female playing a female, but if I had a choice I'd play as a Male Mithra. The reason I'm a Female Mithra instead of say a Male Hume is because I like Cats (I'm a furry, etc). Anyway, let's pretend they look something like this:

There's a few reasons why I'd play as a male instead of a female. One of the main reasons is females get a lot of unwanted attention in MMOs/online, and I'm usually not comfortable with such attention. Another reason is many top-tier players (the crowd I prefer to roll with) often times don't respect woman/female players (I have to deal with a lot of female bashing in /l :x) and if I'm a male avatar, questions aren't asked (they'd assume I were a male since I don't act overly feminine imo) and I'd already gain respect and would not be lumped into the "dumb girl" category.

That was part of the reason I wasn't overly curious as to why a girl plays as a guy. Tough world for women so I can see them wanting to avoid the stereotype slurs and unwanted attention etc.

Also if Male mithra looked like that, I'd probably have chosen one lol.
By richwood 2010-12-14 22:35:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, in Dec 2003...I had no clue which race was better or not better. I am glad to be Man-Thra cause I play Evasion jobs and Dex is nice with huge Acc factor.

But, why?

Well, my daughter picked this character. She was 4 and just liked the cat. She also named it. "Candyapple"

Character was originally played by a female (Wife).

But for last year or so has been played by me...I renamed it with a server bounce, cause I thought Candyapple was a bit much(with my daughters approval of course).

That's about that.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-14 22:36:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Cause female tarus look better!
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-14 22:36:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Cause female tarus look better!
Taru m and f ar ethe same. Universal dats, etc.
 Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow 2010-12-14 22:37:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I just always liked the way the hume female swung a sword.
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-12-14 22:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Quote:
Another reason is many top-tier players (the crowd I prefer to roll with) often times don't respect woman/female players

It's ok I'll level cooking and make red curry buns for you just because you're cool. :<
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-14 22:39:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow said:
I just always liked the way the hume female swung a sword.

That's cool too I guess, I can understand animation preferences.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-14 22:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Quote:

It's ok I'll level cooking and make red curry buns for you just because you're cool. :<
Wewt, ninnie seal of approval!
 Sylph.Oddin
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-12-14 22:44:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Because if men only played men, the world of Vana'diel would be a large cluster *** of sausages and no tacos. I've voluntarily played female characters on other games just for a change of scenery (playing through Oblivion right now as a female Wood elf). After years of playing mostly male characters, it's always nice to see a woman get in on the action. Plus, after staring at the backside of big, muscular men for hours on end (depending on the game of course), you subconsciously start having gay thoughts. True story.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-14 22:46:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oddin said:
Because if men only played men, the world of Vana'diel would be a large cluster *** of sausages and no tacos. I've voluntarily played female characters on other games just for a change of scenery (playing through Oblivion right now as a female Wood elf). After years of playing mostly male characters, it's always nice to see a woman get in on the action. Plus, after staring at the backside of big, muscular man for hours on end (depending on the game of course), you subconsciously start having gay thoughts. True story.

Why are you even staring at man ***? Are your eyes automatically drawn to it? lol.

I don't know, but personally for me I try to keep my eyes on the action rather than my character lol.
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-12-14 22:46:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
That was part of the reason I wasn't overly curious as to why a girl plays as a guy. Tough world for women so I can see them wanting to avoid the stereotype slurs and unwanted attention etc.

Also if Male mithra looked like that, I'd probably have chosen one lol.

I'd be surprised if any females who played males had other reasons. Male animations would probably be better too, you know, if they existed. :<
By Enternius 2010-12-14 22:46:59
Link | Quote | Reply

There's action in FFXI?
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-14 22:47:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
There's action in FFXI?

More than XIV at least :(
[+]
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-12-14 22:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Sylph.Oddin said:
Because if men only played men, the world of Vana'diel would be a large cluster *** of sausages and no tacos. I've voluntarily played female characters on other games just for a change of scenery (playing through Oblivion right now as a female Wood elf). After years of playing mostly male characters, it's always nice to see a woman get in on the action. Plus, after staring at the backside of big, muscular man for hours on end (depending on the game of course), you subconsciously start having gay thoughts. True story.

Why are you even staring at man ***? Are your eyes automatically drawn to it? lol.

I don't know, but personally for me I try to keep my eyes on the action rather than my character lol.

No. Just a peripheral/subconscious kind of deal. I mean think about it. I've played a male character on FFXI for the equivalent of 800 days+. That's a lot of time to be staring at the back of anything. The mind is a tricky beast. It's easier on one's mind to at least stare at the opposite sex so they don't have those weird subconscious thoughts.
[+]
By Purpleeyes 2010-12-14 22:50:52
Link | Quote | Reply

They should make female characters have lvl 50 cooking from the moment you create them.
[+]
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-12-14 22:52:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Purpleeyes said:
They should make female characters have lvl 50 cooking from the moment you create them.

They should also auto-edit anon posters to say only positive things.
[+]
 Phoenix.Purpleeyes
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Purpleeyes 2010-12-14 22:52:55
Link | Quote | Reply

There ya go
[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-12-14 22:55:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oddin said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Sylph.Oddin said:

No. Just a peripheral/subconscious kind of deal. I mean think about it. I've played a male character on FFXI for the equivalent of 800 days+. That's a lot of time to be staring at the back of anything. The mind is a tricky beast. It's easier on one's mind to at least stare at the opposite sex so they don't have those weird subconscious thoughts.

I think my ex turned gay from playing too much Metal Gear Solid. True story.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-14 22:56:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Sylph.Oddin said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Sylph.Oddin said:

I think my ex turned gay from playing too much Metal Gear Solid. True story.

Snake ***, the godliest ***.
[+]
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
Server: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-12-14 22:57:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Sylph.Oddin said:
Why are you even staring at man ***? Are your eyes automatically drawn to it? lol. I don't know, but personally for me I try to keep my eyes on the action rather than my character lol.
Never had to run the 20 whatever mins from home country to jeuno? hehe

It's a lot better than before but I swear you still end up running a heck of a lot in this game, lol.

As for the original question, my first char was a hume M so I think I just wanted something different for my 2nd char. And I always found the elvaan F H2H meleeing to be amusingly awkard looking (2nd char was supposed to be main mnk, dunno what happened there) so ended up with that!
 Asura.Eeek
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2010-12-14 22:57:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said:
Chose mithra cause i looked at the game before i created my Character, saw i wanted to be a THF, and mithra had the highest DEX/AGI.

So i went with that!

Also, Galkas looked horrible, Elvaans were ***, Tarus were for attention ***, and Humes were too boring.

So i went with the E-*** with high DEX

This pretty much sums it up for me as well. I wanted to be a THF, and Mithra had the best stats for THF (as a noob, I thought base stats were important!). After I WTF'd at the Mithra character-creation video, I chose Mithra anyways. Mithra are awesome, so in the end, I made the right choice.

In game, I've never hidden the fact that I'm a guy, and I've never tried to pass myself off as a girl to get free gear and/or gil. That's too creepy for my tastes, and I don't like deceiving people when it comes to my RL gender.

During pickups, people sometimes refer to me as "she," and honestly, I don't care. We're trying to get something done, and in that situation, it's a waste of time for me to explain my RL gender every time I'm called a she. If it comes up, I do clarify that I'm male, and all my friends know I'm a guy.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9