If You're A Guy, Why Do You Play As A Girl?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » If you're a guy, why do you play as a girl?
If you're a guy, why do you play as a girl?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-15 12:41:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Darkshade said:
Breasts and *** is but a distraction!

True men play on black and white monitors with an industrial chip bag clip on their penis.
are you watching me o.o
 Phoenix.Degs
Server: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-12-15 12:52:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Shiva.Darkshade said:
Breasts and *** is but a distraction!

True men play on black and white monitors with an industrial chip bag clip on their penis.
are you watching me o.o
i cant describe how painful that honestly sounds... playing on a black and white monitor, horrid!
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-15 12:55:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Shiva.Darkshade said:
Breasts and *** is but a distraction! True men play on black and white monitors with an industrial chip bag clip on their penis.
are you watching me o.o

Everyone does it, mang!
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-12-15 13:07:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Tarin said:
I've read through this thread, and it seems the overwhelming reason guys play female characters is to look at the boobs and ***. I think, if the reason you're playing a female char is to look at PIXEL boobs and ***, perhaps you should put the game down, go outside and get a woman that has REAL boobs and ***.

Just one girl's opinion.

Are you going to put out for us?
[+]
 Alexander.Jukie
Server: Alexander
user: Jukie
By Alexander.Jukie 2010-12-15 13:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno if anyone already said this one but the couple of guys playing female characters I asked about it said 'I made my character in the likeness of my gf' or stuff like that.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-12-15 13:33:47
Link | Quote | Reply

If I pick a female in a game and it's not for stats. it's to make a badass female warrior-type character. I don't make them look all cute and ***. I make her look badass, if that nets me any man points. I'm always a male protagonist in games, so it's nice to change it up.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kealii
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Keali
By Quetzalcoatl.Kealii 2010-12-15 13:35:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I now play as a taru f, I'm a "chubby", short, cheerful girl in real life. This isn't my first char, however in round two, I felt like using my real life name "Keali" so I based the char/race around how I am real life. :3

Most of my LS mates are girls that I know real life and all of them play mithra, except one manthra but he's a cool guy. The other part of our LS is taru based with my girlfriend playing taru f, her best friend also being a taru f and the only male taru being our real life male friend.

When I'm ingame, I tend to act as if the people I see, are the gender they portray themselves to be. So a mithra is a girl until proved male. But maybe I'm just being naive. In any case, I don't judge a guy for playing girl, or a girl for playing guy. Everyone has their reasons. ;3

Back in the days, when my old best friend bought this game around christmas, I was allowed to make a character on her handle. I chose taru m because he was so adorable when he fell over.
Then her account was hacked and I spent an entire year saving up for my own laptop and FFXI game.
I then tried both elvaan m and taru m. The few times I tried making a hume f, I got hit on before I became lv4 white mage. So that didn't go well and I still missed my taru blm Jinjun.

Eventually, my best friend got me to pick a taru f (which is the one I have today) because she had a similar one and we looked cute fighting monsters together. I still have that character to this day^^ Never really had trouble with people flirting because I was pretty blunt in telling guys I wasn't playing to find a partner. But I have to admit, I made a galka character, because the tails are adorable and I just love how he... *Cough*, anyways~ I do enjoy playing around on him when I don't have LS events going on.

[+]
 Fenrir.Jicamakid
Server: Fenrir
user: JicamaKid
By Fenrir.Jicamakid 2010-12-15 13:43:39
Link | Quote | Reply

When you play for long time i rather be looking at a hot girl then a guy for 6 hrs lol.
 Ragnarok.Titox
Server: Ragnarok
user: Titox
By Ragnarok.Titox 2010-12-15 14:04:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
If I pick a female in a game and it's not for stats. it's to make a badass female warrior-type character. I don't make them look all cute and ***. I make her look badass, if that nets me any man points. I'm always a male protagonist in games, so it's nice to change it up.

i agree on that lol
 Ramuh.Kyamiiux
user: Kyamiiux
By Ramuh.Kyamiiux 2010-12-15 14:07:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Titox said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:

i agree on that lol

I totally did Mithra for the DEX on THF. 99 base DEX 90THF/45NIN :D
By Taigatan 2010-12-15 14:12:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno why I play a F char... I play a F taru and am a guy IRL... It's probably a combination of things... like my unhealthy obsession with anime and specifically anime girls... not to the point of hugging pillows and what not, but I just don't care to play guy characters in video games. Every RPG I've played, for the most part, you are a male lead character... and with my tendency for liking bad *** girl anime characters (girls with guns, swords, etc) I just felt like playing as one in an MMO and figure it wasn't a big deal. I also picked my char not based on stats and in a few min and had anime girls names in mind and tarus are awesome >.>

The fun part does come though when people first meet you and think you're a girl... if you don't start talking about poon right off the bat or "guy things" text can be pretty gender neutral... then you can crush their dreams when they start hitting on you and you tell them you're a dude. My char also wears a hat... a lot... so every now and then when I'm waiting for an LS event to start I'll fool around with my gear and someone will see the pony tail on my char and I get the classic reaction of "Tai... you're a girl!?"

Playing a girl char as a guy has nothing to do with "being confused" or whatever... it's a game, not real life, and I like anime girls names and image and prefer female leads... I was also decided on taru from the start and male tarus look too perverted... the females can get away with looking up the skirts of F scholars.
[+]
By Selkhet 2010-12-15 14:25:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I played as a galka for a long time because.. I like really big guys. It was fun to run around and feel extremely powerful and unbeatable. I also liked how people treated me. On my mithra, there is a tendency to get flirted with a lot. It's kind of crushing to be friends with someone for a while and when they find out that for some UNGODLY reason you're not interested in them, they stop talking to you. As a galka, people just liked me for my personality and weren't looking for any kind of relationship outside of hanging out.

On top of those things. Galka are big d00ds. And I like that.

Girlka ftw. ^^

P.S. People take orders from galka way better. There's no question of if you know what you're doing if you're an assertive guy. An assertive woman is usually taken as a ***. Even manthras get that label.
 Phoenix.Cynric
Server: Phoenix
user: Annellej
By Phoenix.Cynric 2010-12-15 14:35:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Selkhet said:
P.S. People take orders from galka way better. There's no question of if you know what you're doing if you're an assertive guy. An assertive woman is usually taken as a ***. Even manthras get that label.

lol I look at Galkas as 'big brother,' and I respect them for choosing the character in the first place. (There's like 5% Galka on Phoenix)

/sulk

Anyway, I choose a Hume F when I started because she was pretty. That, and screw all the generic faces SE came up with for M. But, after like 6 months of being flirted with and mistaken for a girl, I made a new character as a Hume M. Shame that I call them generic.. I look like the damn thing irl.

'Wish SE would introduce one-time race change D: I could dig being a Galka for the remainder of the game
By Artemicion 2010-12-15 14:42:51
Link | Quote | Reply

The only thing I don't understand is why SE made 2 hume female faces into total butch dykes... I remember forcing a friend to level a mule and get rank 2 in sandy so he could do that stupid quest with me to get that signable ring.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-12-15 14:49:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
The only thing I don't understand is why SE made 2 hume female faces into total butch dykes... I remember forcing a friend to level a mule and get rank 2 in sandy so he could do that stupid quest with me to get that signable ring.
So the female elvaans wouldn't have been completely jealous...
By Artemicion 2010-12-15 14:52:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Artemicion said:

Hey, Face 6 with black hair on Elvaan F is pretty hot.
Too bad their movement stances and overall locomotive function is the most horrifically awkward thing I've ever seen. They run like they were supermodels on the runway, and they hold and put away their weapons in the most strange, uncomfortable, ridiculous manner possible.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-15 14:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're a human, why do you play as an elvaan, taru, mithra or galka?
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-12-15 14:54:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Artemicion said:

Hey, Face 6 with black hair on Elvaan F is pretty hot.
Too bad their movement stances and overall locomotive function is the most horrifically awkward thing I've ever seen. They run like they were supermodels on the runway, and they hold and put away their weapons in the most strange, uncomfortable, ridiculous manner possible.
Now the F Humes in FFXIV have that run.. I've never actually watched an Elvaan [in XIV] run, so I dunno if it's the same.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-15 14:55:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
also on the same vein, if you are a fatass why do you play as a character that is not a fatass?
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-12-15 14:57:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
also on the same vein, if you are a fatass why do you play as a character that is not a fatass?
Because the only fatass available is Galka.. You're locked into being Hume, so you can't be Galka.. Although, Galkas are sexless fatasses, and a fatass is less likely to be getting sex, so Galka might actually be the closer choice. <.<
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-15 14:58:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Because the only fatass available is Galka.. You're locked into being Hume, so you can't be Galka.. Although, Galkas are sexless fatasses, and a fatass is less likely to be getting sex, so Galka might actually be the closer choice. <.<

This made me lol, had to keep re-reading it because I would laugh too much to finish.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-15 14:58:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
i chose galka and i'm not a fatass lol.
i chose my race specifically on which race had the coolest facial hair.
and galka wins that battle with the fu man-chu one.
 Midgardsormr.Deonz
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Deonz
By Midgardsormr.Deonz 2010-12-15 15:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

When I first started the game.. I chose to play as a female. But I didn't pick it because I wanted to look at them in a sexual manner..
I like guys.. so that's one reason.. But, besides that obvious factor that I would rather look at guys all day, I'm not quite sure why I chose a female.

Of course the next day I got bored of her, and I'd rather look at thin ladies rather than heavily hips humes(fashion design major.. I'm size-ist sorry >.>). So I changed to a pretty blonde male hume~, of which I played on for the rest of my ffxi adventure.

I guess I have slightly feminine characteristics in real life.. not totally "fab-queen" gay, I can't stand most of those guys.. but I am more emotional and I talk more.. melodically. Maybe that somehow was my first reasoning? In the end I chose a character I felt I related more towards.. it was the more prettier of the male characters but still had an edge that I liked.

When speaking about the people who use girl characters to get ahead in their standings.. I think both parties involved are being stupid. Well.. not stupid but irresponsible I guess you could say? On one side you have someone portraying this person they aren't for totally discreditable reasons.. and then on the other you have someone who is willing to be fooled and willing to give someone stuff they put work into just because the "girl" character flickers their pixel eyelashes. Just foolish.. and wrong. silly. I guess everyone wants to be loved at some point though.
By Artemicion 2010-12-15 15:05:21
Link | Quote | Reply

We all have our reasons.
Some of us want an alter ego in the opposite contrast of what we are IRL.
Some of us want a fantasy likeness of us carved out of the available avatars in game.
Some of us want something sexy and appealing to call their own.
Or some of us just simply want the race that best suits their favorite style of class in game (ie: galka tank, taru mage, etc.)
 Bahamut.Seanna
Server: Bahamut
user: Seanna
By Bahamut.Seanna 2010-12-15 15:06:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Selkhet said:
I played as a galka for a long time because.. I like really big guys. It was fun to run around and feel extremely powerful and unbeatable. I also liked how people treated me. On my mithra, there is a tendency to get flirted with a lot. It's kind of crushing to be friends with someone for a while and when they find out that for some UNGODLY reason you're not interested in them, they stop talking to you. As a galka, people just liked me for my personality and weren't looking for any kind of relationship outside of hanging out.

Girlka ftw. ^^

Awww, not that many are Girlka's out there and I really wished I made my second char a Galka because they seem like a lot of fun to be, aside from the fat jokes and stuff... Galka to me are big teddy bears that can own anything in their way which was was the reason I was || close to being a Galka MNK on my new server. Besides the huge HP pool, I'd get to beat all the mobs to a pulp with huge arms, lol.
My first character was a Mithra and... it was such a bad choice, I didn't know they were going to be hounded all the time and after taking too much of it, Galka seemed like the best repellant for that. I'm content with my Hume F though, she's the only one that I can actually enjoy the game with. I don't have to worry about too much since they seem pretty neutral and balanced in about everything in the game and in the social part of it.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-15 15:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
We all have our reasons.
Some of us want a fantasy likeness of us carved out of the available avatars in game.
*Some people just want something with a badass beard*
Or some of us just simply want the race that best suits their favorite style of class in game (ie: galka tank, taru mage, etc.)
You *** not mentioning the beard option.
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-12-15 15:12:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:

I dunno but Everyone knows the pedos play as F Taru :P
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-15 15:12:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Seanna said:
Selkhet said:
I played as a galka for a long time because.. I like really big guys. It was fun to run around and feel extremely powerful and unbeatable. I also liked how people treated me. On my mithra, there is a tendency to get flirted with a lot. It's kind of crushing to be friends with someone for a while and when they find out that for some UNGODLY reason you're not interested in them, they stop talking to you. As a galka, people just liked me for my personality and weren't looking for any kind of relationship outside of hanging out. On top of those things. Galka are big d00ds. And I like that. Girlka ftw. ^^ P.S. People take orders from galka way better. There's no question of if you know what you're doing if you're an assertive guy. An assertive woman is usually taken as a ***. Even manthras get that label.
Awww, not that many are Girlka's out there and I really wished I made my second char a Galka because they seem like a lot of fun to be, aside from the fat jokes and stuff... Galka to me are big teddy bears that can own anything in their way which was was the reason I was || close to being a Galka MNK on my new server. Besides the huge HP pool, I'd get to beat all the mobs to a pulp with huge arms, lol. My first character was a Mithra and... it was such a bad choice, I didn't know they were going to be hounded all the time and after taking too much of it, Galka seemed like the best repellant for that. I'm content with my Hume F though, she's the only one that I can actually enjoy the game with. I don't have to worry about too much since they seem pretty neutral and balanced in about everything in the game and in the social part of it.

And you get to hear them grunt, "URIYAH!" when they strike something.
By Artemicion 2010-12-15 15:13:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Artemicion said:
We all have our reasons.
*Some people just want something with a badass beard*
You *** not mentioning the beard option.

I was gonna ninja edit and say something along the lines of just wanting to play a total badass under their perspective, but I got distracted with the LOL thread.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-15 15:14:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Seanna said:
Selkhet said:

Girlka ftw. ^^

Awww, not that many are Girlka's out there and I really wished I made my second char a Galka because they seem like a lot of fun to be, aside from the fat jokes and stuff... Galka to me are big teddy bears that can own anything in their way which was was the reason I was || close to being a Galka MNK on my new server. Besides the huge HP pool, I'd get to beat all the mobs to a pulp with huge arms, lol.
My first character was a Mithra and... it was such a bad choice, I didn't know they were going to be hounded all the time and after taking too much of it, Galka seemed like the best repellant for that. I'm content with my Hume F though, she's the only one that I can actually enjoy the game with. I don't have to worry about too much since they seem pretty neutral and balanced in about everything in the game and in the social part of it.
galkas are the sexiest of all races IMO.
they plant their eggs in taru females and their eggs hatch and eat the taru from inside-out.
that's the main reproductive cycle of a galka.
The tail is used for the egg planting.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9