Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-12-16 12:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snick said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Fenrir.Snick said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Azulmagia said:

If you don't have any of the above, and you change to RDM, you still don't have any of the above.

Sorry, I wasn't talking about RDM in that post at all

Azulmagia said:

There's a difference between "adequate" and "the best".

Yeah, that was my point.
Hey remember when you didn't know what enfeebling magic skill did?
Can you stop harrassing him? lol poor guy, just saying
No.
ok, but dont forget we all were a noob a day.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-12-16 12:59:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snick said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Azulmagia said:

If you don't have any of the above, and you change to RDM, you still don't have any of the above.

Azulmagia said:

Yeah, that was my point.

Hey remember when you didn't know that RDM > WHM for enfeebling? Remember when you forgot that RDM enfeebler gets ***like Addle where as WHM does not? Remember when you act like an elitist WHM 24/7? Remember when you forgot that some people are able to play XI more than others and it translates to gear/atmas/exp/fillintheblank?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2010-12-16 13:00:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Kittens are cute.
 Cerberus.Vaness
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-12-16 13:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Asymptotic said:
Kittens are cute.
fact
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-12-16 13:01:10
Link | Quote | Reply

/end tread
 Lakshmi.Galith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Galadriel
By Lakshmi.Galith 2010-12-16 13:01:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Galith said:

Whenever I look at the magian trials page on wiki I get tired. Even before starting the magian trial.

God, I know exactly what you mean.

I think they should put them on separate pages. Kill black triple stars 3 times?! No problem! It's when you see all the ***after it that you say to yourself "Maybe I should take a nap".
 Fenrir.Snick
Server: Fenrir
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-12-16 13:02:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Fenrir.Snick said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Azulmagia said:

Azulmagia said:

Yeah, that was my point.

Hey remember when you didn't know that RDM > WHM for enfeebling? Remember when you forgot that RDM enfeebler gets ***like Addle where as WHM does not? Remember when you act like an elitist WHM 24/7? Remember when you forgot that some people are able to play XI more than others and it translates to gear/atmas/exp/fillintheblank?
I've been busy playing WoW the last month actually :( I only logged on a week or two ago to hit 90

You assume too much.
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-12-16 13:02:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Galith said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
I am also not saying sch is bad for nuke, i am just saying that it will never beat a blm.Caus blm is a nuker, sch is more like an hybrid.
i think it's mostly the fact that sch/rdm can nuke twice as fast as blm/sch or close to it atleast. that makes up for the loss of the wow factor in the single nukes themselves.
lol what I hate so much about sch is the amount of stuff you need to udo/use to get a good nuke.it can be very annoying sometimes.

It is very dependent on your ability to make complex macros and your ability to use them. I have quite a few macro pallets that are all set up with /macro set # triggers so it connects them all. That way as soon as you hit dark arts it swaps to your nuke pallet and as soon as you hit light arts it swaps to your healing pallet. It makes it much more helpful when trying to organize it all. I also have them in the storms on the nuking pallets so if i hit hailstorm it'll swap over to the blizard set.
wait how the *** you do that???? I want, seriously

EDIT: dont tell me spellcast...plz
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-12-16 13:04:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Vaness said:
Fenrir.Snick said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Fenrir.Snick said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Azulmagia said:

Azulmagia said:

Yeah, that was my point.
Can you stop harrassing him? lol poor guy, just saying
No.
ok, but dont forget we all were a noob a day.

I'm not a "noob" I didn't play this game from 2007 until 3 months ago. A lot of ***has changed, a lot of ***has added, I have a lot of catching up to do on top of that. Just because I am only able to play for a few hours 3 days a week doesn't mean I suck, it means I'm working at a different pace than others.. I do what I can with what I got with the time I got if elitist *** have a problem with that they can cry on here as much as they want.

Regardless if Light Arts adds enfeebling skill it does not make WHM a better enfeebler than a RDM from spells alone.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-16 13:04:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
there is alot of situation like that happening.I am guessing also night didnt experience rani/raja yet.Have fun ;p
Like Asymptotic said, limit the number of people on the NM at any given time.

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
uhh i know im pretty gimp (i have a million excuses none of them matter) i'm not arguing this or denying it

...but maybe it's just me, but it sounds like you're saying a WHM does not have every single one of the items you named then it's super gimp or as you put it "something is very wrong".
It's just you, just like the "hostility" in here is just you.

Quote:
3 lunar abyssites
Make it two if you like, we got by just fine at 85 with two. That said, they're piss easy for the most part...

Quote:
Minikin
Durinn is a joke. A mage not having Minikin is indeed gimp, just like a DD not having Razed Ruins (specific SAM/DRK builds potentially notwithstanding).

Quote:
Ambition
Or any other 5/tic atma.

Quote:
Allure
80 cap content, easy to pop, easy to kill.

Quote:
cure potency 50%
Magian curepot staff makes this an entirely reasonable assumption.

Quote:
all Merit abyssites
All from quests, T1 NMs, and the Cruor Prospector. The only one that even approaches being difficult is Warbler, and he can be duo'd.

Quote:
a BRD in every party
It's 2010, almost 2011. Not having one of the most powerful jobs in the game readily available, even if just on a mule, is definitely something to address. That said, can do many fights without one.

I suppose I could address situations where your healer has one merit abyssite, 25% curepot, and no atmas, but why? That's like trying to figure out how I could kill Rani with 5 PUPs and a DRK. Even if reality doesn't always match theory, it's better to start with what's effective and adjust from there.
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-12-16 13:06:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey Night remember when you called me gimp cause I don't have MM? :(
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-16 13:06:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Hey remember when you didn't know that RDM > WHM for enfeebling?
Your lack of reading comprehension is getting old. There's a difference between better and sufficient.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2010-12-16 13:06:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
That's like trying to figure out how I could kill Rani with 5 PUPs and a DRK.

Primeval Brew. Done.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-12-16 13:06:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Vaness said:
no, I think it was pretty entertaining.Doing maths and all, wow.But I think, you lack of real experience.

Why do I think you would also accuse somebody of not being able to give advice etc about a job because they don't have it levelled?

Maths > experience provided the math is based on a good model because experience is flawed by human error, which can be very high if you are a bad player or having an off day.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-16 13:07:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snick said:
Hard to have atmas when you don't play! Not like we can't get you MM in a day if you log in~
 Cerberus.Jogiyat
user: Jogikat
By Cerberus.Jogiyat 2010-12-16 13:07:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I like Nightfyre
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-12-16 13:08:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Fenrir.Snick said:
Hard to have atmas when you don't play! Not like we can't get you MM in a day if you log in~
Tonight I want to. I would logon now but nobody would be on so D:
 Lakshmi.Galith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Galadriel
By Lakshmi.Galith 2010-12-16 13:08:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Vaness said:
Lakshmi.Galith said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
I am also not saying sch is bad for nuke, i am just saying that it will never beat a blm.Caus blm is a nuker, sch is more like an hybrid.
i think it's mostly the fact that sch/rdm can nuke twice as fast as blm/sch or close to it atleast. that makes up for the loss of the wow factor in the single nukes themselves.
lol what I hate so much about sch is the amount of stuff you need to udo/use to get a good nuke.it can be very annoying sometimes.

It is very dependent on your ability to make complex macros and your ability to use them. I have quite a few macro pallets that are all set up with /macro set # triggers so it connects them all. That way as soon as you hit dark arts it swaps to your nuke pallet and as soon as you hit light arts it swaps to your healing pallet. It makes it much more helpful when trying to organize it all. I also have them in the storms on the nuking pallets so if i hit hailstorm it'll swap over to the blizard set.

It's not spellcast " /macro set # " takes you to the macro set of the corresponding number. You can use them in your normal macros or your can get really complex if you use windower macros. Just put It in the line below your light arts macro.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-16 13:09:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snick said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Fenrir.Snick said:
Tonight I want to. I would logon now but nobody would be on so D:
Yeah, because you can't log in now :<
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-16 13:09:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
That's like trying to figure out how I could kill Rani with 5 PUPs and a DRK.

Primeval Brew. Done.
ffffffffffffffff

Fair enough :(

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-12-16 13:10:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Galith said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Lakshmi.Galith said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:

It's not spellcast " /macro set # " takes you to the macro set of the corresponding number. You can use them in your normal macros or your can get really complex if you use windower macros. Just put It in the line below your light arts macro.
oh thx
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-16 13:13:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
no, I think it was pretty entertaining.Doing maths and all, wow.But I think, you lack of real experience.
Why do I think you would also accuse somebody of not being able to give advice etc about a job because they don't have it levelled? Maths > experience provided the math is based on a good model because experience is flawed by human error, which can be very high if you are a bad player or having an off day.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-16 13:14:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Just saw this. Sure, I lack "real experience" if your measure is AV, PW, and world spawn NMs. Otherwise? No. Nor have I been spoonfed by only playing with the best. I did my time in mediocre shells. I have "real experience", for what that matters.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-12-16 13:14:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

Yes, each one of those can be easily enough obtained, each one does take some time. Every WHM should be working on all of those, every WHM should have or try to have at least some of those. My point was there are WHMs better than me who do not have ALL of of those listed that I would not consider gimp.
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-12-16 13:15:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:

Why do I think you would also accuse somebody of not being able to give advice etc about a job because they don't have it levelled?

Maths > experience provided the math is based on a good model because experience is flawed by human error, which can be very high if you are a bad player or having an off day.
I agree and disagree.The best way to learn is being doing error and learning off them.We all grow up that way and always will caus no1 is perfect.

I'm also a science/math person and I like having math/fact over experience sometimes.But math/fact wouldnt exist if none of us didnt do any experience.

Can destruct every single thing I say if you want.I am not perfect but I can say and appologize when im wrong.
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-12-16 13:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Vaness said:
appologize when im wrong.
And that is why you fail~
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-16 13:17:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

Yes, each one of those can be easily enough obtained, each one does take some time. Every WHM should be working on all of those, every WHM should have or try to have at least some of those. My point was there are WHMs better than me who do not have ALL of of those listed that I would not consider gimp.
Aside from MM I never said not having any of them was gimp, only that you should have them. Given that you can function just fine without it, I'm not even sure I'd say that now.
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-12-16 13:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
The only one that even approaches being difficult is Warbler, and he can be duo'd.

Warbler is a joke.
Screw getting fame in Kon though >.<
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-12-16 13:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Quote:
Just saw this. Sure, I lack "real experience" if your measure is AV, PW, and world spawn NMs. Otherwise? No. Nor have I been spoonfed by only playing with the best. I did my time in mediocre shells. I have "real experience", for what that matters.
We all do.My english is meh and I lack of words to explain myself clearlry sometimes.Sorry if it looked rude.I just meant that me and you may not talk about same nms or experience.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10