Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-12-16 12:39:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Galith said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
/stare Galith

lolSCH.

I still love black mages tho! I just won't give them storm spells because they'd spend the whole party talking about how they can nuke more than me.
blm can now storm spell themself tho. and a blm with 2 af3 +2 will most certainly brag you about lolsch.I am a blm w/o any af3 so maybe you would outnuke me? I dunno

if you do elite blm vs elite sch, the sch will prolly cry.It's all I am saying.Now done with the blm vs sch.
BLM win discussion is over! ;p
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2010-12-16 12:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snick said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
Tweek people aren't talking about your situation though. They are talking in general. No one is going to turn down a red mage as a healer for a party in an 18 man exp alliance. But if I'm going to kill an NM with 2-3 people, I'm taking a white mage and not a red mage. They've already given you all the reasons.

Obviously everyone would, I never once said anything about NOT doing that that's why i don't understand all the hostility as if I had said that or anything like that.
Nobody's being hostile, we're just being realistic.
I'm being hostile but that's cause I'm sick~

Viruna yourself.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-16 12:39:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Emanuelle said:
i have been there, having tons of mp and atmas /refresh tics i remember 2 times runing out of mp but it was because i was literally healing the entire alliance if i remember well
I'm sure you're thinking this and just didn't include it in your post, but that falls under "something is very wrong". In that situation the first thing you should be doing is restricting the number of people in range to take damage.

Vaness said:
lol
What, me taking 3 minutes to satisfy my curiosity on how far WHM MP really goes or you running out of MP?
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-12-16 12:41:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Emanuelle said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
and hmm refresh isnt always unnessairy. Most ppl like you think that having 3x atmas make you able to spam cure 5-6 forever w/o running out of mp.I did run out of mp, quite a few time (omg surprise!).
Well...

Quote:
Curing DDs that just dont care about phys and mag dmg
Here's your first problem.

Now, you have 15/tic from atmas (Minikin/Ambition/Allure), 9 from Ballads (III/II, AF3+2 legs + Crooner's Cithara), and 3/tic from Sublimation (minus cost of Stoneskin). That's 27 MP/tic, or 540 MP per minute. You have around 180 MND and 120 VIT at a guess, plus capped Cure Potency (50%). At 361 Healing Magic skill I'm getting ~1100 for Cure V. Cure VI formula is unknown, so I'll eyeball it at 1500 if that's agreeable.

Light Arts active, Cure V costs 121 MP and Cure VI costs 204. Factor in conserve MP, 112.5 and 189.7. A Hume WHM/SCH has around 1800 MP naked with all Merit abyssites and Allure. Spamming Cure V/VI at recast (including cast time, call it 8 seconds on C5 and 11 seconds on C6), I'm getting 1880 MP expended in that timeframe... Leaving you with 460 MP. So no, you can't literally spam at recast. I think that was obvious though. However, that's also implying that your DDs are taking over 16000 damage/min and that the rest of your backline is doing *** all to help you keep people alive. It's also completely disregarding Cureskin. I shouldn't have to point out how ridiculously unrealistic this is. Even in a situation where you're somehow healing over 6k HP/min, you have a shitton of meds and a Martello available, plus Martyr, any precharged Sublimation value, Benediction, and cruor meds. Realistically speaking, if a WHM is running out of MP then something is very wrong. Hell, realistically speaking you don't even need all the refresh I added in up there for pretty much anything. MM, Sublimation, and maybe NQ Ballads is enough for most things.
i have been there, having tons of mp and atmas /refresh tics i remember 2 times runing out of mp but it was because i was literally healing the entire alliance
there is alot of situation like that happening.I am guessing also night didnt experience rani/raja yet.Have fun ;p
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-16 12:42:06
Link | Quote | Reply

So, anyone have any theories on what kinds of Magian trials Puppetmaster will be getting?
By Azulmagia 2010-12-16 12:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Vaness said:
lol
Is this seriously your best counterpoint?

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
So, anyone have any theories on what kinds of Magian trials Puppetmaster will be getting?
Shh! It's not page 10 yet!
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Server: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2010-12-16 12:43:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Vaness said:
Lakshmi.Galith said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
/stare Galith

lolSCH.

I still love black mages tho! I just won't give them storm spells because they'd spend the whole party talking about how they can nuke more than me.
blm can now storm spell themself tho. and a blm with 2 af3 +2 will most certainly brag you about lolsch.I am a blm w/o any af3 so maybe you would outnuke me? I dunno

if you do elite blm vs elite sch, the sch will prolly cry.It's all I am saying.Now done with the blm vs sch.
BLM win discussion is over! ;p
ill just stop -_- you need to educate more about scholars, blms barely keep up with mp even with atmas, even if a blm out nuke a scholar for 20-40 dmg more it's not worth it because they have to use higher tier costly nukes to do it good,
 Fenrir.Snick
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-12-16 12:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Occ. Inflicts Paralyze III/Slow III/Dia IV

*** ya'll RDMs.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2010-12-16 12:45:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Vaness said:
I am guessing also night didnt experience rani/raja yet.Have fun ;p

I did Rani this morning.
Kept only one person in range, rly. People would run in to WS when they had TP. I didn't notice any mages having MP issues.

I was backline curing on DANCER using Regain atmas and I wasn't running out of TP. The only time there was an issue was after a Meteor or a Meteor ---> Charmga combo, but even then it wasn't a "Do I have enough MP?" It was a "Can we cure fast enough?" issue.

Tl;dr --> Don't have people all over the mob that spams nasty AoE.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-12-16 12:45:35
Link | Quote | Reply

uhh i know im pretty gimp (i have a million excuses none of them matter) i'm not arguing this or denying it

...but maybe it's just me, but it sounds like you're saying a WHM does not have every single one of the items you named then it's super gimp or as you put it "something is very wrong".

3 lunar abyssites
Minikin
Ambition
Allure
cure potency 50%
all Merit abyssites
a BRD in every party

that being said, I don't really run out of mp like you said but ***I don't have 1800mp yet.. with all the temp items and martellos etc it helps me keep a float. I always buy temp meds to help recover from my gimpness it helps a lot.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2010-12-16 12:46:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:

Automaton: Additional Effect: Death!
By Azulmagia 2010-12-16 12:48:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
uhh i know im pretty gimp (i have a million excuses none of them matter) i'm not arguing this or denying it

...but maybe it's just me, but it sounds like you're saying a WHM does not have every single one of the items you named then it's super gimp or as you put it "something is very wrong".

3 lunar abyssites
Minikin
Ambition
Allure
cure potency 50%
all Merit abyssites
a BRD in every party

that being said, I don't really run out of mp like you said but ***I don't have 1800mp yet.. with all the temp items and martellos etc it helps me keep a float. I always buy temp meds to help recover from my gimpness it helps a lot.

If you don't have any of the above, and you change to RDM, you still don't have any of the above. Still, it's idyllic, and the optimal WHM will have these. There's a difference between "adequate" and "the best".
 Asura.Yunalaysca
Server: Asura
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-16 12:49:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
when the *** is there going to be crossbow ToMs
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2010-12-16 12:50:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
when the *** is there going to be crossbow ToMs

Never! No Xbow for j00!
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-12-16 12:50:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

Vaness said:
lol
What, me taking 3 minutes to satisfy my curiosity on how far WHM MP really goes or you running out of MP?
no, I think it was pretty entertaining.Doing maths and all, wow.But I think, you lack of real experience.I wasnt talking about exp pts or such stupid nm like amhuluk or asanbosam.

Also, you kinda speak for nothing here.I was talking about no outside refresh just atmas and you bring up ballads in your counting.So your arguments isnt worth anything aggainst mine.
 Lakshmi.Galith
user: Galadriel
By Lakshmi.Galith 2010-12-16 12:50:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Asymptotic said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:

The best guess I can give about PUP magian trials is that they wont put any in and you'll be stuck with the same 3 weaponskills for your automatons for the rest of ffxi. You hear Drks bitching because all they got was that new circle move... yet that's still more than what they did for pup.
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-12-16 12:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:

3 lunar abyssites
Minikin
Ambition
Allure
cure potency 50%
all Merit abyssites
a BRD in every party

Tweek I dont mean exp pt or small little nms like most ppl do -_-.I never ran out of mp in those.I meant harder stuff.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2010-12-16 12:52:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Galith said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:

The best guess I can give about PUP magian trials is that they wont put any in and you'll be stuck with the same 3 weaponskills for your automatons for the rest of ffxi. You hear Drks bitching because all they got was that new circle move... yet that's still more than what they did for pup.

PUP got uh
um
erm
Hitler Fists!
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-12-16 12:52:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Vaness said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:

3 lunar abyssites
Minikin
Ambition
Allure
cure potency 50%
all Merit abyssites
a BRD in every party

Tweek I dont mean exp pt or small little nms like most ppl do -_-.I never ran out of mp in those.I meant harder stuff.
There's hard stuff in FFXI?
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-12-16 12:52:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Azulmagia said:

If you don't have any of the above, and you change to RDM, you still don't have any of the above.

Sorry, I wasn't talking about RDM in that post at all

Azulmagia said:

There's a difference between "adequate" and "the best".

Yeah, that was my point.
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-12-16 12:54:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Azulmagia said:

If you don't have any of the above, and you change to RDM, you still don't have any of the above.

Azulmagia said:

Yeah, that was my point.
Hey remember when you didn't know what enfeebling magic skill did?
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-12-16 12:54:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Vaness said:
I am guessing also night didnt experience rani/raja yet.Have fun ;p

I did Rani this morning.
Kept only one person in range, rly. People would run in to WS when they had TP. I didn't notice any mages having MP issues.

I was backline curing on DANCER using Regain atmas and I wasn't running out of TP. The only time there was an issue was after a Meteor or a Meteor ---> Charmga combo, but even then it wasn't a "Do I have enough MP?" It was a "Can we cure fast enough?" issue.

Tl;dr --> Don't have people all over the mob that spams nasty AoE.
Might just be my ls who was being HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE I guess then -_-. was 1 whm for 1 mnk and 1 war and I found it so bad with all the healing and status
 Lakshmi.Galith
By Lakshmi.Galith 2010-12-16 12:54:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Galith said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:

PUP got uh
um
erm
Hitler Fists!

They're past due for some new automoton weaponskills and upgrades. The draw to that job was to have a pet that could do more damage than the master yet now a days I just seem to be stealing Verena's TP so i can do pummel.
By Azulmagia 2010-12-16 12:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Vaness said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

Vaness said:
lol
no, I think it was pretty entertaining.Doing maths and all, wow.But I think, you lack of real experience.I wasnt talking about exp pts or such stupid nm like amhuluk or asanbosam.

Also, you kinda speak for nothing here.I was talking about no outside refresh just atmas and you bring up ballads in your counting.So your arguments isnt worth anything aggainst mine.
He's just illustrating how it's very possible to have virtually unlimited MP. If you're having issues keeping MP, and you don't have a BRD, bring a BRD.
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-12-16 12:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snick said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Azulmagia said:

Azulmagia said:

Yeah, that was my point.
Can you stop harrassing him? lol poor guy, just saying
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2010-12-16 12:55:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Galith said:
Lakshmi.Galith said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:

PUP got uh
um
erm
Hitler Fists!

They're past due for some new automoton weaponskills and upgrades. The draw to that job was to have a pet that could do more damage than the master yet now a days I just seem to be stealing Verena's TP so i can do pummel.

Wow, go upgrade your Empyrean/WoE fists and then we'll talk!
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-12-16 12:55:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Vaness said:
Fenrir.Snick said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Azulmagia said:

Azulmagia said:

Yeah, that was my point.
Can you stop harrassing him? lol poor guy, just saying
No.
 Lakshmi.Galith
By Lakshmi.Galith 2010-12-16 12:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Galith said:
Lakshmi.Galith said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:

PUP got uh
um
erm
Hitler Fists!

Wow, go upgrade your Empyrean/WoE fists and then we'll talk!

Whenever I look at the magian trials page on wiki I get tired. Even before starting the magian trial.
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-12-16 12:57:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Azulmagia said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

Vaness said:
lol

He's just illustrating how it's very possible to have virtually unlimited MP. If you're having issues keeping MP, and you don't have a BRD, bring a BRD.
I know its possible -_- if you read up all this QQing start with the fact I said that refresh can help a whm when he say its useless.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2010-12-16 12:57:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Galith said:

Whenever I look at the magian trials page on wiki I get tired. Even before starting the magian trial.

God, I know exactly what you mean.
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10