What If There Was A Lv. 100?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » What if there was a Lv. 100?
What if there was a Lv. 100?
First Page 2 3
 Carbuncle.Calem
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Calem
By Carbuncle.Calem 2010-10-27 05:06:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, this started out as a reply to another post in another thread, but then I got carried away and decided this would be better suited to its own thread where people can happily ignore it if they want to.

The main point of this thread is to have a bit of fun with your imagination. I doubt that a SE employee will wander into this forum, find this thread and go "hey, that sounds pretty cool, maybe we should try it", but I know some people like me enjoy being creative for its own sake.

---

Now, this is the scenario. The level cap has reached 99, and the next generation of end-game content is now available. Having reached the 'final' level of your favourite job, Maat has yet another challenge for you. A rematch.

This time around, Maat removes the time limit and allows the use of sub-jobs. Meaning, of course, that he will be copying what ever job/sub-job combination you challenge him with. Have fun if you decide to attempt it on RDM/NIN.

Once you've beaten the old man down for a second time, he will recommend to his Moogle friend that you are ready for the true final enhancement. For the job you chose and for that job only, your level cap will be raised to 100.

Your sub-job is still limited to 49 and you can only take Maat's offer once, so you need to be careful about which job you want to excel at. The payoff comes in the form of all the stat perks a regular level-up would bring, as well as learning a second 2 Hour Ability.

---

This is where the thread falls into your hands. What kind of abilities would these Tier II 2Hrs be?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Calem
By Carbuncle.Calem 2010-10-27 05:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's a few ideas I've had to get things started. I've tried to refrain from making them too overpowered, but my understanding of this game's mechanics is far from impressive. For all I know these ideas may be broken as hell.

---

Lv. 100 WAR - Heavy Impact
- The Warrior swings their weapon with such force that the impact of the attack can be felt by those standing nearby.
- For a short duration, all regular attacks acquire a small AoE range (enough to hit one or two mobs standing next to your target).
- Time consuming Magian Trials getting you down? Speed things up a bit by getting two or three kills for the price of one!

Lv. 100 MNK - Pressure Point
- The Monk focuses on striking the enemy's joints and other weak points to interupt their stance.
- For 45 seconds, all of your regular hand-to-hand attacks have Additional Effect: Stun with a fairly good proc rate but short duration (just throwing numbers out there; 66% chance for 0.5 sec stun perhaps?).
- Combine with Hundred Fists for super-stun-locking!

Lv. 100 PLD - Divine Guard
- Calling for holy assistance, the Paladin acquires an aura of light that surrounds their body and the nearby area, enhancing their defensive capabilities.
- For a certain amount of time you recieve a powerful PDT- and MDT- effect, and the damage from attacks directed at any party/alliance members standing within range of the aura is transferred to the Paladin.
- Combine with other abilities for even more defensive power... like a pseudo-AoE Invincible for those nasty Lv. 100+ HNMs you'll be fighting.

Lv. 100 DRG - Soul Surge
- Summoning every ounce of their spiritual power, the Dragoon imbues their pet with enough energy to temporarily transform them into a full-grown wyvern.
- The pet takes the form of a small wyvern (Firedrake size maybe?), raising all of its stats accordingly and allowing it to use Wyvern TP attacks in place of Elemental Breaths.
- The transformation lasts as long as the wyvern has TP, which drains over time like a count down. Using a TP attack ends the transformation after execution.
- Maybe not the most practical thing I could come up with, but I just thought it would be really fun. And yes, now pet wyverns will be even better at getting in everybody's way! :D

Lv. 100 BLU - Azure Legacy
- Tapping in to the full power of the beast within, the Blue Mage temporarily gains ultimate mastery over their spells.
- For a short duration, every spell you cast will receive the effects of Burst and Chain Affinity, allowing consecutive spells to magic burst and chain with each other.
- Multiple solo skillchains a-go-go!

Lv. 100 COR - Lucky Break
- A four-leaf clover, a rabbit's foot, or maybe just a lucky coin. The Corsair silently calls on their favourite trinket for aid in a time of need.
- For seven minutes, all of your Phantom Rolls will have a 50% chance of hitting their lucky number. Other luck based abilities receive a bonus as well, making them more likely to have a more desirable effect.
- Cue countless discussions and speculation about whether this ability secretly affects critical hit / magical resist rates.

---

Anyway, I've rambled on for long enough. Time for me to shut up and let everyone else share their ideas.
[+]
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
Server: Sylph
user: Katniss
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-10-27 05:09:30
Link | Quote | Reply

a nice 2 hour would be a mix of both Chainspell & Manafont.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-27 05:15:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Rdm...

Chainability: For 1 min all job abilities recast timers are reduced to 0
[+]
 Shiva.Ravager
Server: Shiva
user: Ravager
By Shiva.Ravager 2010-10-27 05:15:52
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-10-27 05:20:41
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU - Go Flayer
Let loose to the beast inside. Embrace your damnation.

And eat your enemy's heart out.
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-10-27 05:22:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do people consciously think about stuff like this?

Btw, if there was level 100 I'd be happy because WHM/sch would finally get a third stratagem charge ;o

But it doesn't matter now anyway with all the refresh!
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-27 05:23:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Rng- Chain gun

Gain and cap at 90% snapshot
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-27 05:34:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Rng- Chain gun

Gain and cap at 90% snapshot
and house agrees lol
[+]
 Leviathan.Remoraforever
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Remoraforever 2010-10-27 05:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Thief secondary 2 hour ability

~Grand Heist~
- A 40% chance to randomly steal any item from the monster's item loot pool, a 25% chance to steal 15% of enemy's total HP, a 25% chance at getting caught and losing 15% of your total HP, and a 10% chance of nothing at all.

Summoner secondary 2 hour ability

~Astral Rift~
- The invoker of Astral Rift is imbued with the power to summon more than 1 avatar at a time and has no time limit on blood pact's (max avatar's 2) this ability lasts for 1 minute and automatically invokes astral favor for party member's near the Summoner and not the avatar's. (Will stack the 2 Avatar's favor)
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-27 06:09:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Remoraforever said:
~Grand Heist~
- A 40% chance to randomly steal any item from the monster's item loot pool, a 25% chance to steal 15% of enemy's total HP, a 25% chance at getting caught and losing 15% of your total HP, and a 10% chance of nothing at all.
Holy ***. Everyone would want to lvl thf after that... and groups would actually want thfs lol.

thf burn ***goooo. I mean on average it would take 26.6 2hrs to kill... ANYTHING
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2010-10-27 06:36:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming google traslate is right...

Ninja: Fōkasu
For 1 minute double the damage of all critical hits (Innin) or Evade all attacks directed at the ninja (Yonin)
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-10-27 07:08:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Calem said:
Lv. 100 BLU - Azure Legacy - Tapping in to the full power of the beast within, the Blue Mage temporarily gains ultimate mastery over their spells. - For a short duration, every spell you cast will receive the effects of Burst and Chain Affinity, allowing consecutive spells to magic burst and chain with each other. - Multiple solo skillchains a-go-go!

Heey, this made me think of a cool new ability we should get. How about an ability that we can use every 5, 10, or maybe 20 minutes that lets us use any spell that we've learned. Spells that we didn't set, become available for those emergencies. Need Saline Coat real fast? Use the ability and cast away!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Calem
By Carbuncle.Calem 2010-10-27 07:25:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Lots of cool ideas so far. I'm especially liking the two avatars at once thing. And speaking of two things at once, I've got another idea I didn't put down earlier...

Lv. 100 RDM - Doublecast
- Taking their talent for speed casting one step further, the Red Mage applies their full concentration to magical multi-tasking.
- For a short duration you can overlap casting times, allowing you to cast up to two spells similtaneously. Selecting another spell while in mid-cast will open a second casting progress bar on the screen.
- Chainspell v.2 with a twist, I guess? It may not be a revolutionary new concept, but I imagine it would make a nice addition to a RDM's box of tricks.

I like the idea of Chainability too. I can picture Chainability Converting making a nice supplement to Chainspell for a big streak of spells.

Nuke, nuke, nuke, convert, heal, nuke, nuke, nuke, convert, heal, nuke, nuke...

EDIT: And that's not taking into account the Strategem abuse that /SCH would allow! I'm liking this idea even more now.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Calem
By Carbuncle.Calem 2010-10-27 07:30:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Heey, this made me think of a cool new ability we should get. How about an ability that we can use every 5, 10, or maybe 20 minutes that lets us use any spell that we've learned. Spells that we didn't set, become available for those emergencies. Need Saline Coat real fast? Use the ability and cast away!

Now that you've mentioned it, I'm kind of surprised an ability like that isn't in the game already. Hopefully it's coming up in the next 14 levels, because it sounds like it would fit in perfectly.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-10-27 07:44:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said:
Assuming google traslate is right...

Ninja: Fōkasu
For 1 minute double the damage of all critical hits (Innin) or Evade all attacks directed at the ninja (Yonin)

I still say NIN should get a JA/JT that kicks in at night, giving them insane Att/Acc/Crit Hit Rate >_>

Let's see,

WAR: Battle Scars (45s) - Gains a tremendous Attack bonus and inflicts deep wounds with every hit, causing the target to lose HP over time. Lowers targets STR, VIT, Attack, Defence. Gives the user the effect of "Haste" for the duration.

MNK: Returning Fire (Instant) - Converts damage taken into an attack directed at a target. The damage counter resets in the event of an area change, logging out or death. Damage is capped at 15,000.

THF: Rogue's Charm (15s) - Charms the enemy, erasing enmity for all alliance members in range, causing the target to become Passive for the duration.

WHM: Goddess' Hand (30s) - Grants all party members a powerful "Enlight" effect, a powerful "Regen" effect, a powerful "Haste" effect and full recovery (HP 100%, MP 100%, All negative status ailments erased) at the end of the duration.

BLM: Wizard's Stronghold (30s) - Grants the party brief stint of Invulnerability, absorbing 10,000 total damage for allies in range. Will cause spells to become uninterruptable through taking damage. Stun, Silence, Sleep and moving will still interrupt spells.

RDM: Chain of Succession (10s before the ability fires) - The user gains a 10-second Invincible effect and will have to set up at least 2 spells or abilities to be used in succession. Using the same Spell or Ability in succession increases potency. Potency is not increased for "Chainspell", "Utsusemi", "Haste", "Refresh". Sets all recast timers to 0:00:00 for abilities executed. Cannot be used to activate itself. The effect of "Chainspell" cannot be selected for use during the "Chain of Succession".

PLD: Knight's Honour (30s) - All attacks are diverted to the user. The user gains a strong Magic Defence bonus, including immunity to all Enfeebling magic. Physical Damage taken is reduced by 15%.

DRK: Mortal Wound (Instant) - The user sacrifices theirself to inflict huge amounts of damage on the target. Inflicts a guaranteed attack on the target resulting in ((UserHP - 1) * 10) points of damage. Effect stacks with potential damage bonuses from Relic Weapons. Dark Magic spells cast immediately after Mortal Wound has been used will gain increased Potency and Accuracy.

BST: Natural Affinity (30s) - The user gains a greater understanding of their surroundings. Your next "Charm" cannot fail, the resulting pet will have enhanced attributes. If a pet is already present, all of their attributes are enhanced.

BRD: One-Man Band (3min) - The user can do the job of multiple, being able to sing up to 4 songs for others.

RNG: Dion's Eye (45s) - Increases the users focus. Ranged Attacks, Ranged Weaponskills and Ranged Job Abilities cannot miss.

SAM: Inner Peace (30s) - Grants the user 300% TP, lowering Weapon Skill costs by 25%. Gives access to several previously forbidden Weapon Skills. Afterwards, gives all party members the effect of "Regain" for a short time.

NIN: Assassin's Finale (15s) - The effect of Utsusemi is enhanced, giving the user 6 "Copy Images", each performing an Elemental Ninjutsu attack, with increased damage, as they are taken. Any additional casts of "Utsusemi" while Assassin's Finale is in effect will grant the user bonus Images.

DRG: Call Wyrm (Instant) - The user sacrifices their Wyvern to summon a Wyrm to fight alongside them. This ability will cause the ability "Spirit Surge" to be used. The Wyrm will stay for 15 minutes, or until it's death.

SMN: Astral Bond (Instant) - The user summons all of their avatars at once, causing them to each use random "Blood Pact" abilities. The use of this ability causes "Astral Flow" to be activated and the users MP pool to be consumed upon use.

BLU: Immortal's Rage (1min) - The user loses control of the beast within, causing them to become a Soulflayer for the duration. The user will have access to all of the "Blue Magic" they have learned during this time. The damage dealt by all "Blue Magic" spells will be increased dramatically.

COR: Gambler's Luck (1min 30s) - All "Phantom Rolls" made by the user will be a guaranteed 11. Furthermore, the recast of the "Phantom Roll" ability will be halved.

PUP: On-Site Subject (1min) - The automaton is optimised for the duration. Has access to all Spells and Abilities, regardless of current frame and head. Gains a large "Regain" effect.

DNC: Troupe's Encore (30s) - The user evades all attacks (both Physical and Magical) directed at them for the duration. All frontal attacks will be Critical Hits. Attacks from behind will gain a damage bonus.

SCH: Fons Scientiae (45s) - Grants the user access to both Grimoires, lowers the recast of all Stratagems and increases potency of all spells.
[+]
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-10-27 07:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Calem said:

Lv. 100 BLU - Azure Legacy
- Tapping in to the full power of the beast within, the Blue Mage temporarily gains ultimate mastery over their spells.
- For a short duration, every spell you cast will receive the effects of Burst and Chain Affinity, allowing consecutive spells to magic burst and chain with each other.
- Multiple solo skillchains a-go-go!

Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra said:
BLU - Go Flayer
Let loose to the beast inside. Embrace your damnation.

And eat your enemy's heart out.

Be interesting to play a 10Ft Demon!!!

Leviathan.Remoraforever said:

~Grand Heist~

I would perfer to call it , Grand Larceny, after all might as well go for the gusto!
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-10-27 07:51:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I could see SE making lv.100 a limit break quest from 99...would require like 99 beastmen seals, 99 kindred seals 99 kindred crests + 10 merit points.

Lv. 100 DRK - Unholy Avatar
- The Dark Knight gets consumed by hatred and the souls they silenced.
- For 3 minutes the Dark Knight transforms into a demon-like appearance, in return they gain 100% crit rate, increased accuracy, and increased attack with -15% pdt and -15% mdt

Lv. 100 COR - Last Stand
- For the next minute while a hexagun is equiped, all ranged attacks have a chance to deal 6 times normal damage, effect applies to weaponskills.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-10-27 07:58:04
Link | Quote | Reply

you guys all do realize that SE said there would be "limit" points for when you hit 99, right?
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-27 08:02:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
you guys all do realize that SE said there would be "limit" points for when you hit 99, right?
You mean like there is now? :)
[+]
 Ifrit.Tulnig
user: Tulnig
By Ifrit.Tulnig 2010-10-27 08:07:51
Link | Quote | Reply

If SE gave us lvl 100... the game would colapse into a Blackhole and the world would be sucked into it. The world would end a quick and extremely painful death. I predict this will happen on December 21, 2012...
 Ifrit.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-10-27 08:10:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

no.... i mean like SE said there will be other abilities to get at 99 with points
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-27 08:12:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
no.... i mean like SE said there will be other abilities to get at 99 with points
Oh idk don't remember that. Link please?
Server: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-10-27 08:24:46
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/event/vanafes2010/

Quote:
An increase in maximum upgrades is being considered for existing merit point skills and attributes. Preparations are also under way for the introduction of a new type of merit point for players who have reached the new level 99 summit.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Chefm
user: Chefm
By Asura.Chefm 2010-10-27 08:46:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said:
[SCH: Fons Scientiae (1m) - Grants the user access to both Grimoires, lowers the recast of all Stratagems and increases potency of all spells.
On top of that, on weather casted on self to be double weather. And all Stratagems used becomse AOE. AfterMath: Use of Red Book ....
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-10-27 08:55:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Brd: Super Requiem (3min) Requiem type spells will land on mobs!
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-27 09:07:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ludoggy said:
Brd: Super Requiem (3min) Requiem type spells will land on mobs!
Just make the light macc staff...
First Page 2 3