What If There Was A Lv. 100?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » What if there was a Lv. 100?
What if there was a Lv. 100?
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-10-28 18:11:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Because 100 is a number.
[+]
 Caitsith.Jessie
Server: Caitsith
user: Jessie
By Caitsith.Jessie 2010-10-28 18:13:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Masekase said:
Understand this is a bit of fun. But why say 100? When could just write a suggestion for a new 2 hour @99?
haha that's kinda a good point. While a lot of these ideas are just hilariously overpowered, they could be actually almost viable ideas if they were turned down a notch.
 Sylph.Anuu
Server: Sylph
user: Anuu
By Sylph.Anuu 2010-10-28 18:17:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud said:

100 Thief - Crystal Stab

Effect - Immediate - Deals 90% damage to targeted mob with addiontal effect: Stun.

O.o that's kind of ridiculous.
 Sylph.Anuu
Server: Sylph
user: Anuu
By Sylph.Anuu 2010-10-28 18:18:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Laffter said:
Because 100 is a number.
is he saying plastic?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Calem
Server: Carbuncle
user: Calem
By Carbuncle.Calem 2010-10-28 18:24:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Masekase said:
Understand this is a bit of fun. But why say 100? When could just write a suggestion for a new 2 hour @99?

With my idea, Maat will only let you break the cap for one job. So you can only get access to one Tier II 2Hr per character. I thought having to pick which one you'd like most would make it a bit more interesting.

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Nigz jockin my idea of a maat fight at 99 lol, but JT is still better!

I've had my Lv. 100 thing kicking around in my head for a while now. Seeing your post the other day prompted me to start sharing my idea as a reply to yours, but like I said, I got a bit carried away with it. Great minds think alike I guess?

Anyways, here's my latest one. This was inspired by the earlier post that reminded me about the "putting others before yourself" mentality that suits the White Mage job.

Lv. 100 WHM - Holy Charity
- The White Mage's selfless and good-hearted nature overwhelms their soul, allowing them to bypass the usual rules of certain spells.
- Your Healing, Enhancing and Divine magic skills receive a siginificant boost, and you also gain the ability to cast any White Magic spell on any target within range.
- This effect lasts until you have spent the amount of MP you had at the time of activating the ability (if you have 500 MP upon activation, the effect wears off after you have spent 500 MP).
- PLing some newbies that want Refresh for their mages? Got a tank that could benefit from Stoneskin for when their shadows are down? Break out the ultimate 'nice guy' card and watch the smiley faces and {Thank you.}s roll in.

EDIT: This ability doesn't work with the teleport line of spells. Can't imagine the chaos that would come from people being able to teleport any random person they come across at will.
 Caitsith.Jessie
By Caitsith.Jessie 2010-10-28 21:16:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Calem said:
With my idea, Maat will only let you break the cap for one job. So you can only get access to one Tier II 2Hr per character. I thought having to pick which one you'd like most would make it a bit more interesting.
I wouldn't like that, if just because I'd be screwed no matter what job I picked. I could pick Blue Mage (my favourite job), but then I'd be scorned by everyone for not picking Thief or Red Mage (two of my other high-level jobs).

Plus, unless Square-Enix miraculously balanced all 20 tier-2 two-hour abilities, there would always be at least one job that gets a horrifically overpowered one.

Samurai: Automatically gains 9,999,999,999 of every stat (including Attack, Accuracy, and TP) and for 3 minutes can perform an infinite number of weapon skills, all of them transformed into zone-wide AoE and all of them producing the Cosmic Elucidation skillchain. All monsters killed by the Samurai under this effect will drop 10 of every drop they can possibly dispense, and for each one killed, Square-Enix will send down a developer to personally hand you a cheque for $500 in real life.

And then every other job gets some kind of hairball of a job ability. Yeah, that's fair right? XD
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-10-28 21:22:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Jessie said:
Carbuncle.Calem said:
I wouldn't like that, if just because I'd be screwed no matter what job I picked. I could pick Blue Mage (my favourite job), but then I'd be scorned by everyone for not picking Thief or Red Mage (two of my other high-level jobs). Plus, unless Square-Enix miraculously balanced all 20 tier-2 two-hour abilities, there would always be at least one job that gets a horrifically overpowered one. Samurai: Automatically gains 9,999,999,999 of every stat (including Attack, Accuracy, and TP) and for 3 minutes can perform an infinite number of weapon skills, all of them transformed into zone-wide AoE and all of them producing the Cosmic Elucidation skillchain. All monsters killed by the Samurai under this effect will drop 10 of every drop they can possibly dispense, and for each one killed, Square-Enix will send down a developer to personally hand you a cheque for $500 in real life. And then every other job gets some kind of hairball of a job ability. Yeah, that's fair right? XD
100WAR/50DRK would be overpowered >.>
mighty strikes + bloodweapon + souleater + beserk + last resort + warcry + whatever else is out there...

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-10-28 21:26:57
Link | Quote | Reply

what would be kinda cool but also extremely time consuming~ would be in order to reach lvl 100, once you hit 99. you do some epic quest~ it resets your job back to lvl 1 but you keep your merits/skills still and you can use any gear from lvl 1 to 99 at the 'new' level 1.
THEN once you do hit lvl 100. you'll receive permament stats similar to the ASA addon final fight
and when you look at your job menu listing~ it can say something like
Warrior: 50
Monk: 85
Red Mage: Mastered
etc etc etc
 Cerberus.Irohuro
Server: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2010-10-28 21:41:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Anuu said:
Ramuh.Laffter said:
Because 100 is a number.
is he saying plastic?
i think its supposed to be magical
By Taigatan 2010-10-28 22:04:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wanted to first say well done to the OP and a lot of the others who came up with some pretty interesting abilities.

I think it would be neat however to have a second 2 hour at 99, maybe not as grand as some of the ones mentioned, and it would probably have to end up sharing a timer with the original 2 hour for balance and all that jazz. But all jobs get a 2 hour at their first level, and I wouldn't imagine the level cap going beyond 99 cause the world would collapse, but why not have a 2 hour at the highest level?
 Alexander.Haptic
Server: Alexander
user: Haptic
By Alexander.Haptic 2010-10-28 22:31:08
Link | Quote | Reply

BLM: Manawalk
1 min you can cast while walking... :P
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-10-28 22:43:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Arcane Focus Lv.100 Dark Knight. Recast: 5:00. Duration: 120:00
Gradually Consumes MP to enhance Attack speed. Effect gradually becomes more potent, and drains additional Mp. decreases Spellcasting cost.

->Effect Starts at 1mp/tic for 3Haste(Ability) and builds to 5MP/tic for 15Haste(Ability) over the course of two minutes. Remains at 15% until canceled or until inadequate MP.

->Spellcasting MP cost is decreased by 25% This effect is static.

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Brocklee
Server: Valefor
user: brocklee
By Valefor.Brocklee 2010-10-29 00:05:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I don't have any clever names or anything, but I think a 2nd 2hr for Sch could be along the lines of mixing different spells together for different and stronger ones, pending on if you choose the whm or blm version of this particular 2hr.

I wonder if a mix could make Ultima~
 Caitsith.Jessie
By Caitsith.Jessie 2010-10-29 01:35:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Arcane Focus Lv.100 Dark Knight. Recast: 5:00. Duration: 120:00
Gradually Consumes MP to enhance Attack speed. Effect gradually becomes more potent, and drains additional Mp. decreases Spellcasting cost.

->Effect Starts at 1mp/tic for 3Haste(Ability) and builds to 5MP/tic for 15Haste(Ability) over the course of two minutes. Remains at 15% until canceled or until inadequate MP.

->Spellcasting MP cost is decreased by 25% This effect is static.
That's an interesting one. With Refresh II (or hell, like any Refresh-inducing Atma), you could have that +15% Ability haste for virtually forever.

What I'd still like to see for Dark Knight is the ability to charge a job ability with a spell, and then you can release that job ability at any time to cast the spell with no harm to weapon delay.
 Asura.Masekase
Server: Asura
user: masekase
By Asura.Masekase 2010-10-29 02:31:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:
Caitsith.Jessie said:
Carbuncle.Calem said:
I wouldn't like that, if just because I'd be screwed no matter what job I picked. I could pick Blue Mage (my favourite job), but then I'd be scorned by everyone for not picking Thief or Red Mage (two of my other high-level jobs). Plus, unless Square-Enix miraculously balanced all 20 tier-2 two-hour abilities, there would always be at least one job that gets a horrifically overpowered one. Samurai: Automatically gains 9,999,999,999 of every stat (including Attack, Accuracy, and TP) and for 3 minutes can perform an infinite number of weapon skills, all of them transformed into zone-wide AoE and all of them producing the Cosmic Elucidation skillchain. All monsters killed by the Samurai under this effect will drop 10 of every drop they can possibly dispense, and for each one killed, Square-Enix will send down a developer to personally hand you a cheque for $500 in real life. And then every other job gets some kind of hairball of a job ability. Yeah, that's fair right? XD
100WAR/50DRK would be overpowered >.>
mighty strikes + bloodweapon + souleater + beserk + last resort + warcry + whatever else is out there...

He allready said sub would remain at 49

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Dracionx
Server: Cerberus
user: dracionx
By Cerberus.Dracionx 2010-10-29 14:06:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Samurai: Ryu Sou Sen

Nine swings that hit in all 9 vital points, that would be located on a humanoid.(the animation anyway)

Could actually be like Eagle Eye shot and hit 9 times for critical hit damage.
 Caitsith.Jessie
By Caitsith.Jessie 2010-10-29 14:10:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Also, able to hold 20.9 merits at a time as well as attributes (10 cap each), hp/mp (10 cap each), combat (25 with 10 cap each), magic (20 with 10 cap each), and other (10 with 5 cap each) caps for the current merits raised would be cool too!
Well, I believe I heard that they're increasing the merit caps for regular merits. But it would be pretty awesome if they would increase the merit point cap to 20. And it'd be even cooler if they added some kind of tier-3 merit.