What If There Was A Lv. 100?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » What if there was a Lv. 100?
What if there was a Lv. 100?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Agentd
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Agentd
By Leviathan.Agentd 2010-10-27 09:42:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I always hoped for a retardedly powerful 2 hour option for drks. My suggestion for that is as follows.

Dark Flow: Channel your darkness for a superb power increase, but... (duration=30s)
Maxes attack power, gives souleater effect with no damage penalty (doesn't stack with equipment bonuses, just the 10% conversion applies), gives full invulnerability except for existing Status Effects like poison, bio, etc, and gives full haste. When it's over, you're given a special weakened effect that lasts for 10 minutes, and gives you 1 hp as well as wiping out all previous beneficial effects (including reraise, protect, sneak, invis, anything useful) and drops all your stats to 1, which will slowly reaccumulate as the 10 minute mark passes. Unlike other negative effects, this won't wear if you die, and if you do die, the remaining effect duration doubles.

Wickedly powerful, but the drawback is you're so weakened afterwards a level 1 mob could destroy you. That's the power of darkness, guys.
 Titan.Eiryn
Server: Titan
user: Eiryn
By Titan.Eiryn 2010-10-27 10:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

SMN: Astral Pact - Make a pact with your astral avatar, imbuing the summoner with the power of the summoned avatar for 1 minute.

I think this would be one amazingly badass skill that, surprisingly, has not been in the game yet considering how most of the past FF games have had something similar. Would be pretty sweet to see a glowing summoner beating the ***/tanking the hell outta mobs.

Was thinking you would gain the -50% PDT and stat buffs in line with the summoned avvie you use the skill with. Would be interesting to see the equip changes summoners would go for with this too.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-10-27 10:10:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Give every job the ability eternal sacrifice. You get buffs like the primeevil brew. The ability can only be used when you're not in a party or alliance. You have to claim a mob before using it. Once used you have 3 minutes to kill said mob. If you do not, all of your rare/ex gear is deleted from your character.

Force upon the playerbase the ultimate ragequit.
 Bismarck.Klikevil
Server: Bismarck
user: klikevil
By Bismarck.Klikevil 2010-10-27 10:15:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh oh oh and give level 100s their support job's 2 hour ability too. That way monks can sub drk souleater hundredfists blood weapon and not need a white mage to cure them!
 Bismarck.Sutekii
By Bismarck.Sutekii 2010-10-27 11:05:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Call Familiar: Calls an enhanced beast to fight by your side.
Recast: 30 minutes.
Familiar Effect Duration: 30 Minutes
Notes: Summons a beast with the effect of Familiar. Capped jugs will spawn 0-2 levels below the beastmaster. Uncapped jugs have a small chance of spawning up to two levels above the beastmaster with no EXP penalty.

Seems like the kinda "omfgwtfawesome!" ability SE would implement that would actually just be "Oh, look. Thats cool."

Or maybe this one instead!

Call Familiar: Calls a familiar to fight by your side.
Familiar Duration: 20 minutes
Notes: Summons a random beast, with a small chance of a greater beast being summoned. Does not expend jugs, but only lasts 20 minutes.

I'd say probably a 10% chance of a greater beast being summoned. Maybe with a 1% chance of summoning some "ultimate" beast or something like that.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Reaplife
Server: Sylph
user: Chaossoul
By Sylph.Reaplife 2010-10-27 11:21:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said:
Bismarck.Sutekii said:
Call Familiar: Calls an enhanced beast to fight by your side.
Familiar Effect Duration: 30 Minutes
Notes: Summons a beast with the effect of Familiar. Capped jugs will spawn 0-2 levels below the beastmaster. Uncapped jugs have a small chance of spawning up to two levels above the beastmaster with no EXP penalty.

Seems like the kinda "omfgwtfawesome!" ability SE would implement that would actually just be "Oh, look. Thats cool."

Or maybe this one instead!

Call Familiar: Calls a familiar to fight by your side.
Familiar Duration: 20 minutes
Notes: Summons a random beast, with a small chance of a greater beast being summoned. Does not expend jugs, but only lasts 20 minutes.

I'd say probably a 10% chance of a greater beast being summoned. Maybe with a 1% chance of summoning some "ultimate" beast or something like that.

lol 1% chance to have Byakko as your tiger familiar would be funny

Behemoth.
 Bismarck.Sutekii
By Bismarck.Sutekii 2010-10-27 11:35:01
Link | Quote | Reply

lol xD Behemoth vs Behemoth. Wouldnt that break the game?

I can just imagine though. A beastmaster accidently calling Behemoth during a farming run, or in some area where that sort of power is useless(Ronfaure or Sarutabaruta), then everyone getting pissed at'em during events and endgame because he couldn't call him again :x
Server: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-10-27 14:16:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Klikevil said:
Oh oh oh and give level 100s their support job's 2 hour ability too. That way monks can sub drk souleater hundredfists blood weapon and not need a white mage to cure them!

BLM/RDM would be way too powerful.

Break > Chainspell > Manafont > Ancient Magic II spam.

Now that would be cool.
 Remora.Kiflaam
Server: Remora
user: Kiflaam
By Remora.Kiflaam 2010-10-27 15:27:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Rejuvination

WHM100

Restores HP completely of everyone currently online.

(wouldn't be particularly as helpful in events, but it would certainly follow the "for others, not self" "charity "helpful to strangers" appeal of the healer/priest/100% nice guy, and ppl would be like /tell (whm) "thanks!" like were in some MUD or somtin)
 Cerberus.Irohuro
Server: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2010-10-27 16:07:13
Link | Quote | Reply

BLM-Wandering Soul: allows uninterrupted spellcasting while moving.
(gogo ffxiv reference =/)
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-27 16:23:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Blu- Can't think of a name but an ability that lets you possibly learn spells from HNMs if used shortly after the ability. Said spell can only be used during same 2hr
 Sylph.Reaplife
user: Chaossoul
By Sylph.Reaplife 2010-10-27 16:29:42
Link | Quote | Reply

RDM: Crimson Embrace - (2 min) For the duration of the ability, gain the ability to cast all known White and Black Magic spells.

Kind of like Final Fantasy V, if you have high level WHM, BLM, and SCH, you would be able to cast all spells that those jobs know, on top of the regular RDM exclusive spells.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Server: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-10-27 16:32:46
Link | Quote | Reply

When you reach level 100 you win the game and start again at level 1 >_>;
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-10-27 16:33:31
Link | Quote | Reply

New Game +!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-27 16:34:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Sagittario said:
When you reach level 100 you win the game and start again at level 1 >_>;
Oh god I hated it in old games when stuff like that would happen.
 Diabolos.Mmbacon
Server: Diabolos
user: Mmbacon
By Diabolos.Mmbacon 2010-10-27 16:36:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Calem said:
Here's a few ideas I've had to get things started. I've tried to refrain from making them too overpowered, but my understanding of this game's mechanics is far from impressive. For all I know these ideas may be broken as hell.

---

Lv. 100 WAR - Heavy Impact
- The Warrior swings their weapon with such force that the impact of the attack can be felt by those standing nearby.
- For a short duration, all regular attacks acquire a small AoE range (enough to hit one or two mobs standing next to your target).
- Time consuming Magian Trials getting you down? Speed things up a bit by getting two or three kills for the price of one!

Lv. 100 MNK - Pressure Point
- The Monk focuses on striking the enemy's joints and other weak points to interupt their stance.
- For 45 seconds, all of your regular hand-to-hand attacks have Additional Effect: Stun with a fairly good proc rate but short duration (just throwing numbers out there; 66% chance for 0.5 sec stun perhaps?).
- Combine with Hundred Fists for super-stun-locking!

Lv. 100 PLD - Divine Guard
- Calling for holy assistance, the Paladin acquires an aura of light that surrounds their body and the nearby area, enhancing their defensive capabilities.
- For a certain amount of time you recieve a powerful PDT- and MDT- effect, and the damage from attacks directed at any party/alliance members standing within range of the aura is transferred to the Paladin.
- Combine with other abilities for even more defensive power... like a pseudo-AoE Invincible for those nasty Lv. 100+ HNMs you'll be fighting.

Lv. 100 DRG - Soul Surge
- Summoning every ounce of their spiritual power, the Dragoon imbues their pet with enough energy to temporarily transform them into a full-grown wyvern.
- The pet takes the form of a small wyvern (Firedrake size maybe?), raising all of its stats accordingly and allowing it to use Wyvern TP attacks in place of Elemental Breaths.
- The transformation lasts as long as the wyvern has TP, which drains over time like a count down. Using a TP attack ends the transformation after execution.
- Maybe not the most practical thing I could come up with, but I just thought it would be really fun. And yes, now pet wyverns will be even better at getting in everybody's way! :D

Lv. 100 BLU - Azure Legacy
- Tapping in to the full power of the beast within, the Blue Mage temporarily gains ultimate mastery over their spells.
- For a short duration, every spell you cast will receive the effects of Burst and Chain Affinity, allowing consecutive spells to magic burst and chain with each other.
- Multiple solo skillchains a-go-go!

Lv. 100 COR - Lucky Break
- A four-leaf clover, a rabbit's foot, or maybe just a lucky coin. The Corsair silently calls on their favourite trinket for aid in a time of need.
- For seven minutes, all of your Phantom Rolls will have a 50% chance of hitting their lucky number. Other luck based abilities receive a bonus as well, making them more likely to have a more desirable effect.
- Cue countless discussions and speculation about whether this ability secretly affects critical hit / magical resist rates.

---

Anyway, I've rambled on for long enough. Time for me to shut up and let everyone else share their ideas.

I'm not gonna lie. The descriptions you just pumped out gave me nostalgia... I dunno why ...maybe the enthusiasm...Well done sir.
 Gilgamesh.Thedreamer
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Thedreamer 2010-10-27 16:42:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Lv.100 DNC - Saturday Night Fever
- All vanadiel week you get the Saturday night fever ! DISCO POWA !
- Enhance Dual wide effect
- All your Waltz will be double effect
- With Travolta-elephants-pants enhance Haste Samba effect !
[+]
 Phoenix.Degs
Server: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-10-27 17:10:16
Link | Quote | Reply

page back there was a mention of a new pup two hr, something to the extent of auto getting access to any ability and spell... however i really dont see this being a good idea.. in all honesty any attachment that would be optimal for said frame... you would put on in the first place.. secondly, if VE were to have access to say aero V, how could he even cast it with no mp pool... or for blm frame, doing shield bash with no sheild..it doesnt make much sense

with all that in mind.. i wouldnt mind seeing something like a transfer of power from the auto to the master, and then the auto will blow up doing dmg based on HP.. that would be really nice for the harly auto or VE especially with the huge amount of HP he has... as for the power transfer, something like transfering TP/plus +manuever stats to the master.. so if you have something like 3 fire manuevers up it would transfer +21 str to the master along with say 100tp ... and then blow up doing the hp set dmg.
 Caitsith.Jessie
Server: Caitsith
user: Jessie
By Caitsith.Jessie 2010-10-27 17:19:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh man, that Azure Legacy sounds so awesomely broken. I'd kill to be able to use that.

Though I would also take the ability to use all spells learned (even if not set) for a short time.

Or hell, just an extension of maybe +30 seconds to the duration of Azure Lore >_>;
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-27 17:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Nin- commit suicide... and actually do good dmg to the mob :)
 Phoenix.Degs
Server: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-10-27 17:26:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Nin- commit suicide... and actually do good dmg to the mob :)
well that was kinda the initial idea... like a self destruct based on HP.. though im not sure what nin's blow up is based on.. if it is hp too that is... but seeing as i can get VE to almost 2k HP the dmg wouuld be awesome for a 2hr situation, when you are desperate.. plus then at that point you can simply call the auto back with deus ex or activate
 Carbuncle.Aliceisback
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Aliceisback 2010-10-27 18:14:34
Link | Quote | Reply

the world would end.
[+]
 Asura.Tot
Server: Asura
By Asura.Tot 2010-10-27 18:30:28
Link | Quote | Reply

BST: Fatality
(instant)
"call beast, Chuck Norris"
Player wins the game automatically
[+]
 Sylph.Anuu
user: Anuu
By Sylph.Anuu 2010-10-28 16:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

hmm, i think it would make more sense if they were one-day abilities, to put further emphasis on how much power is needed. also because a day is 2weeks vana'time. i would say a year vana'time, but then everyone (except me, who likes a lot of realism in games) would get mad cause that's an actual 2 weeks.
 Caitsith.Jessie
Server: Caitsith
user: Jessie
By Caitsith.Jessie 2010-10-28 16:57:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Anuu said:
hmm, i think it would make more sense if they were one-day abilities, to put further emphasis on how much power is needed. also because a day is 2weeks vana'time. i would say a year vana'time, but then everyone (except me, who likes a lot of realism in games) would get mad cause that's an actual 2 weeks.
Honestly, if we're going to go into this kind of detail then I have totally different thoughts...

Every job ability, including two-hours, should have 2 charges. The problem with most job abilities (especially two-hours) is that no one uses them because before the JA's 5-minute, 10-minute, 20-minute, or 120-minute timer is up they might need it even more. It's the same problem with almost all video games that have an "oshit" move or weapon. Give job abilities two charges so we can use them once in a while when we kinda need to, but we can still feel safe to use them again if we had to.

Though at the same time, both charges shouldn't be available immediately. I'd say two-hour ability charges should require minimum 15 minutes between uses and other job abilities around 60 seconds, to avoid exploiting them against certain bosses.

It's just that I hate always feeling bad for saving even a 5-minute ability like Flee, but there have been actually quite a number of occasions where I've used it and then I've needed it before its recast was up.

In response to the post above, giving us a two-week JA (or even as much as one day) would make people almost never use them. I mean, even when death is inevitable, people will usually save even their two-hours because they think they should save it for a situation that could be salvaged by their two-hour.
 Sylph.Anuu
user: Anuu
By Sylph.Anuu 2010-10-28 17:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Jessie said:
Sylph.Anuu said:
Honestly, if we're going to go into this kind of detail then I have totally different thoughts...

Every job ability, including two-hours, should have 2 charges. The problem with most job abilities (especially two-hours) is that no one uses them because before the JA's 5-minute, 10-minute, 20-minute, or 120-minute timer is up they might need it even more. It's the same problem with almost all video games that have an "oshit" move or weapon. Give job abilities two charges so we can use them once in a while when we kinda need to, but we can still feel safe to use them again if we had to.

Though at the same time, both charges shouldn't be available immediately. I'd say two-hour ability charges should require minimum 15 minutes between uses and other job abilities around 60 seconds, to avoid exploiting them against certain bosses.

It's just that I hate always feeling bad for saving even a 5-minute ability like Flee, but there have been actually quite a number of occasions where I've used it and then I've needed it before its recast was up.

In response to the post above, giving us a two-week JA (or even as much as one day) would make people almost never use them. I mean, even when death is inevitable, people will usually save even their two-hours because they think they should save it for a situation that could be salvaged by their two-hour.

that is true, i haven't spirit surged since i was like level 15 xD (like a year and a half ago), but that's just because because of it's infrequency in use, i always forget about it in times where i should use it, and then remember it's there after i die. if i could remember it i'd use it more. if i was gunna get a freakin wyrm i'd use it whenever i could xD but still i get your viewpoint. it's kinda like the move in .hack//roots where you release your full power to kill something but then your char is crystallized in place and your account frozen until someone touches it, or it's broken, which results in your char and account being deleted.
 Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Carste
By Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud 2010-10-28 17:17:50
Link | Quote | Reply

100 Ranger - Heaven's Rain

Effect - Immediate - Expends all existing arrows/bolts/bullets from your ammo slot, and shoots them at once to all mobs in range. Additionaly damage added is dependent upon existing weather.

100 Thief - Crystal Stab

Effect - Immediate - Deals 90% damage to targeted mob with addiontal effect: Stun.
 Asura.Masekase
Server: Asura
user: masekase
By Asura.Masekase 2010-10-28 17:45:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Understand this is a bit of fun. But why say 100? When could just write a suggestion for a new 2 hour @99?