My wife plays on PS2. I've tried getting her to play on 360 but she refuses lol
 Fenrir.Mariane
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2010-10-28 17:28:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

I've actually used the hdd on other consoles before and this problem never showed up.

Putting the HDD on another PS2 will let the HDD work, no problem. But the actual copy protection crap will prevent you from booting POL unless it's on the original PS2 it was installed to.

Attempts to reinstall without formatting the HDD while it's connected to an different PS2 will result on POL-1562/DNAS-404 (HDD Binding) error.

http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-2-Network-Adaptor/A-Guide-to-DNAS-Updated-07-19-05/m-p/12994796

Quote:
-404 sceDNAS2_SS_INVALID_HDD_BINDING Current PS2 and HDD combination is different than registered combination. "DNAS Error (-404) A PS2 hardware information error has occurred."

Only remedy is obtain the original console or format/reinstall.

As for the PS2 devkit someone mentioned on this thread, it's IMPOSSIBLE to play RETAIL FFXI on a PS2 TOOL devkit due to the copy protections it employ on the DNAS mechanism which totally prevent the game from working (from retail discs... of course SE can use it's own devkit and modified version of FFXI on it) on some arbitrary devkit without Square Enix help.

I'm not talking about the Debugstations (PS2 consoles with TEST written on the top) as some of them can play RETAIL FFXI. I'm talking of this monster here:

(Some random link from a guy who was selling an unit in an forum)

This is an PS2 TEST: (looks like a normal PS2)

And PS2 Debugstations are not devkits, they are meant to be used to play/test beta games, not actually "debug" games. Real debugging was done on the TOOL monster.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Siren.Eagleeyes
Server: Siren
user: eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2010-10-28 22:22:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
game has too many glitches on the pc, playing the game without using a program to organize data in game is very different than applications that affect game balance, the game was designed for the ps2, and will always run better on it.

You're trying too hard.

Siren.Eagleeyes said:
Fenrir.Weewoo said:
Oversampling on 1920x1080 background resolution = <3
you mean eww?

I found the texture resolution too small to justify playing at x1200

Background resolution != overlay graphics resolution.
Did I say anything about overlay? no i said texture...you know the detailing of a 3d model. Those textures look awful at high res, yes even while oversampled as everything(the texture detail) looks stretched beyond what it was meant for.

Vagrant Story and Final Fantasy XII is the two main titles I can think of where the graphic artists focused more on the texture detail over polygon resolution which made them look fantastic for the PSX/PS2.

Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-10-28 22:37:19
Link | Quote | Reply

^ What you're saying makes no sense. It doesn't look awful at high resolutions, it looks better... (specially at x2048 background resolutions)

You must be doing it wrong.

Also, for reference.
[+]
 Siren.Eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2010-10-28 22:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ma
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
^ What you're saying makes no sense. It doesn't look awful at high resolutions, it looks better... (specially at x2048 background resolutions)

Also, for reference.
I know how to oversample the damn game guy 1920*1200 menu overlay
and 3840*2400 for the 3d overlay. I am saying the game is no where near optimized for such high resolutions.

FF11 with a 1280*780 with 2x oversampling looks no worst than 1980*1200 with 2x oversampleing and as there is no added detail to the *1200

edit: tl;dr it's nothing more than upscaling.
compare a upscaled dvd of a movie then watch that same movie remastered on bluray.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-10-28 22:55:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Eagleeyes said:
Ma
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:

Also, for reference.
I know how to oversample the damn game guy 1920*1200 menu overlay
and 3840*2400 for the 3d overlay. I am saying the game is no where near optimized for such high resolutions.

FF11 with a 1280*780 with 2x oversampling looks no worst than 1980*1200 with 2x oversampleing and as there is no added detail to the *1200

edit: tl;dr it's nothing more than upscaling.
compare a upscaled dvd of a movie then watch that same movie remastered on bluray.

I'm not even going to bother with you anymore.

Also, you seem mad for no apparent reason. Just saying~

[+]
 Fenrir.Mariane
Server: Fenrir
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2010-10-28 22:56:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't FFXI PC crashes if the 3D rendering surface is set for more than 2048x2048 ? (Btw that's what I use when I'm playing it on the PC for eyecandy sake.)

I prefer the PS2 version even it being ugly due to being low res. But then that's personal preferences. There's no discussion about this as the PC version is flexible on settings while the PS2 is not.

Point for the PC version.
 Siren.Eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2010-10-28 23:05:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mariane said:
Don't FFXI PC crashes if the 3D rendering surface is set for more than 2048x2048 ?
No this was actually a hardware limit for older cards. Current cards can display more.

Also look at this:
1920x1200 2xoversample

1280x764 2xoversample

notice how the imperfections of the robe's textures stand out more at the higher 2x oversample. This is what I was talking about.

same with the detailing of the ears.
 Siren.Eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2010-10-28 23:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's one from 800x600 2x oversample

As you can see, as you get closer to the game model's original resolution, the textures of the model looks better and not stretched out of proportion.

If you can't see the difference in the models you either have.
A: a crappy monitor
B: bad eyes
C: all of the above

You're confusing texture res to polygon count
 Bismarck.Nexdeus
Server: Bismarck
user: Greyfin
By Bismarck.Nexdeus 2010-10-29 01:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Those pics are from char select screen though, once you go in game you can change the aspect ratio to the appropriate settings.
[+]
 Siren.Eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2010-10-29 07:39:29
Link | Quote | Reply

correct but even when the ratio is changed to the correct setting you will still see the blotches.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Server: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-10-29 12:30:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Vittles said:
I have a PS2, PS3, XBox and my comp is an XPS (way more power than needed) The PS2 will render far faster than the PS3 (the PS3 is in an type of emulation mode that slows it down a bit with overhead) However my PS2 also has a Dev kit on it. The XBox is about the same speed as the PS3. (All of this I tested on my Sony SXRD TV that will split screen so we can see side by side when pops show on all the consoles) The XBox has better graphics 720P as opposed to the PS2's and PS3's 512 lines a normal TV can handle. They never ported that version to use the increased PS3's graphic capabilities.

Yes a good computer has better (hardware) capabilities, and you are able to use 3rd party programs to "improve" your game. But we know it’s a TOS issue. But the users of those programs don’t care about the TOS or they wouldn’t use them.

As for control of the game, regardless of what system (PS2, PS3, XBox, Comp) I play on, I use a game pad and my keyboard. It’s what works best for me.

The system I use most is the PS2 w/dev kit... its fast. Just my experience and opinion. But the rendering issue very telling with side by side split screen testing.
I somehow missed this the other day, I'm sorry that you own a dell product, however you do have the 60gb ps3 right? the one with the emotion engine (from the ps2) aside from that yeah I've played this game for years, most of which while dual boxing, used pc, failbox and ps2 (and ps3) side by side, and the pc runs slightly behind, the xbox 360 is quite frankly a joke to try to play this game on, and will surely kill your console faster. My point is there's just some quirks with the pc version that disgust me and I hate playing that way, also I have played windowed since it came out with that feature, but due to the programming it would always crash while windowed for more than a few seconds, because when it's out of focus it goes to a low priority process which you have to manually fix each time for it not to crash, that combined with wiki (lol this was mostly back when i used ie, my bad) lag, well you get the idea. I guess if you have more than 1 pc you can have up at a time and can use resources that way sure play on your free pc. Aside from that the programming is blegh, guess it wasn't designed to be windowed well for some reason :P
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-10-29 12:53:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Vittles said:
I have a PS2, PS3, XBox and my comp is an XPS (way more power than needed) The PS2 will render far faster than the PS3 (the PS3 is in an type of emulation mode that slows it down a bit with overhead) However my PS2 also has a Dev kit on it. The XBox is about the same speed as the PS3. (All of this I tested on my Sony SXRD TV that will split screen so we can see side by side when pops show on all the consoles) The XBox has better graphics 720P as opposed to the PS2's and PS3's 512 lines a normal TV can handle. They never ported that version to use the increased PS3's graphic capabilities.

Yes a good computer has better (hardware) capabilities, and you are able to use 3rd party programs to "improve" your game. But we know it’s a TOS issue. But the users of those programs don’t care about the TOS or they wouldn’t use them.

As for control of the game, regardless of what system (PS2, PS3, XBox, Comp) I play on, I use a game pad and my keyboard. It’s what works best for me.

The system I use most is the PS2 w/dev kit... its fast. Just my experience and opinion. But the rendering issue very telling with side by side split screen testing.
My point is there's just some quirks with the pc version that disgust me and I hate playing that way, also I have played windowed since it came out with that feature, but due to the programming it would always crash while windowed for more than a few seconds, because when it's out of focus it goes to a low priority process which you have to manually fix each time for it not to crash, that combined with wiki (lol this was mostly back when i used ie, my bad) lag, well you get the idea. I guess if you have more than 1 pc you can have up at a time and can use resources that way sure play on your free pc. Aside from that the programming is blegh, guess it wasn't designed to be windowed well for some reason :P

You keep saying that this game crashes a lot on PC...but that is simply not true. Sorry, but you must be doing something horribly wrong.

Also, crashing while in windowed mode for more than a few seconds? No, that's not true either. Granted I don't currently use the "official" windowed mode, but when I used it a while back, I never had all these "crashing issues." (windower's windowed mode is still far superior even without taking into account the plugins though)
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-10-29 12:59:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Vittles said:

My point is there's just some quirks with the pc version that disgust me and I hate playing that way, also I have played windowed since it came out with that feature, but due to the programming it would always crash while windowed for more than a few seconds, because when it's out of focus it goes to a low priority process which you have to manually fix each time for it not to crash, that combined with wiki (lol this was mostly back when i used ie, my bad) lag, well you get the idea. I guess if you have more than 1 pc you can have up at a time and can use resources that way sure play on your free pc. Aside from that the programming is blegh, guess it wasn't designed to be windowed well for some reason :P

You keep saying that this game crashes a lot on PC...but that is simply not true. Sorry, but you must be doing something horribly wrong.

Also, crashing while in windowed mode for more than a few seconds? No, that's not true either. Granted I don't currently use the "official" windowed mode, but when I used it a while back, I never had all these "crashing issues." (windower's windowed mode is still far superior even without taking into account the plugins though)
I said it has quirks, not crashes a lot, but the official windowed mode does crash, sorry to tell you. The 3rd party tos violating one has nothing to do with this conversation, since it's cheating anyway.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-10-29 13:59:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Vittles said:

I said it has quirks, not crashes a lot, but the official windowed mode does crash, sorry to tell you.

Well, let's see here then:

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

game has too many glitches on the pc

No, it doesn't.

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

you're right you don't think, this game on the pc sucks.

No it doesn't. Sorry, but the PS2 is inferior on so many levels, it's not even funny.

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
My point is there's just some quirks with the pc version that disgust me and I hate playing that way

You're doing it wrong.

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
also I have played windowed since it came out with that feature, but due to the programming it would always crash while windowed for more than a few seconds

No, it doesn't, and again, you're doing it wrong.

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
The 3rd party tos violating one has nothing to do with this conversation, since it's cheating anyway.

^ Keep telling yourself that.

I already explained, in page 2 of this thread, how the "cheating argument" is none applicable really.

Furthermore, you seem to hate windower so much... yet you still use this website, which was made by the same people involved in the development of windower and its plugins.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-10-29 14:11:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Vittles said:

I said it has quirks, not crashes a lot, but the official windowed mode does crash, sorry to tell you.

Well, let's see here then:

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

game has too many glitches on the pc

No, it doesn't.

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

you're right you don't think, this game on the pc sucks.

No it doesn't. Sorry, but the PS2 is inferior on so many levels, it's not even funny.

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
My point is there's just some quirks with the pc version that disgust me and I hate playing that way

You're doing it wrong.

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
also I have played windowed since it came out with that feature, but due to the programming it would always crash while windowed for more than a few seconds

No, it doesn't, and again, you're doing it wrong.

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
The 3rd party tos violating one has nothing to do with this conversation, since it's cheating anyway.

^ Keep telling yourself that.

I already explained, in page 2 of this thread, how the "cheating argument" is none applicable really.

Furthermore, you seem to hate windower so much... yet you still use this website, which was made by the same people involved in the development of windower and its plugins.

You don't use the official windower, so you can't say what it does, the game does have glitches on the pc version that don't appear on the ps2 version, I've played all 3, side by side and the ps2 plays smoother. Also my technical experience along with others I've spoken to on this matter is sufficient (easily) to say I know what I'm doing, the game just doesn't run as well on the pc. Now as to windower, it's clearly a violation of the tos agreement, if it weren't they wouldn't have gone through the trouble of making their own so seriously stfu.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-10-29 14:42:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

You don't use the official windower, so you can't say what it does

I can say what it does because I have used it before. I mentioned this earlier, but apparently your reading skills are lacking too.

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
the game does have glitches on the pc version that don't appear on the ps2 version, I've played all 3, side by side and the ps2 plays smoother.

I don't know what PC specific glitches you keep talking about. You're doing it wrong.

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Also my technical experience along with others I've spoken to on this matter is sufficient (easily) to say I know what I'm doing, the game just doesn't run as well on the pc.

Incorrect again. Your "technical experience" seems to be lacking too. The PS2 is inferior on so many levels.

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Now as to windower, it's clearly a violation of the tos agreement, if it weren't they wouldn't have gone through the trouble of making their own so seriously stfu.

Calm down, you seem mad.

SE is clearly aware that many people use windower, but they don't do anything about it. We're beating on a dead horse here etc.

Also, you still use this website, which was made by the same people involved in the development of windower and its plugins.
[+]
 Bismarck.Angeleus
Server: Bismarck
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2010-10-29 15:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Daleterrence said:
People still play on the PS2?

Idiots still post this question?
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-10-30 00:32:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

You don't use the official windower, so you can't say what it does

I can say what it does because I have used it before. I mentioned this earlier, but apparently your reading skills are lacking too.

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
the game does have glitches on the pc version that don't appear on the ps2 version, I've played all 3, side by side and the ps2 plays smoother.

I don't know what PC specific glitches you keep talking about. You're doing it wrong.

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Also my technical experience along with others I've spoken to on this matter is sufficient (easily) to say I know what I'm doing, the game just doesn't run as well on the pc.

Incorrect again. Your "technical experience" seems to be lacking too. The PS2 is inferior on so many levels.

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Now as to windower, it's clearly a violation of the tos agreement, if it weren't they wouldn't have gone through the trouble of making their own so seriously stfu.

Calm down, you seem mad.

SE is clearly aware that many people use windower, but they don't do anything about it. We're beating on a dead horse here etc.

Also, you still use this website, which was made by the same people involved in the development of windower and its plugins.

The official windowed version crashes, since the game when minimized gets put into low priority and lags out, also there's random glitches I've noticed while playing the pc side by side with a ps2, they are hard to explain I'd actually have to record playing them side by side, which I can't do for awhile since my 2nd account is deactivated due to the fact I rarely play as it is due to school and work.
My technical level is sufficient as well as the others whom I consult with, even somebody else in here mentioned the game will always run "better" on the ps2 since it is coded for it, however the graphics are a limiting factor, then again I never tried to claim the ps2 had better graphics. On the "doing it wrong" thing, really you can't to be honest, so shut the *** up.
Regardless of your justifications of the windower app, it's still a 3rd party program that's against the tos, and SE apparently did care otherwise they wouldn't have made their own version.
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-10-30 01:03:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Since we were talking about graphics and Jeta has no idea what he's talking about.

Edit: Third time is charm!
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-10-30 01:08:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

The official windowed version crashes, since the game when minimized gets put into low priority and lags out, also there's random glitches I've noticed while playing the pc side by side with a ps2, they are hard to explain I'd actually have to record playing them side by side, which I can't do for awhile since my 2nd account is deactivated due to the fact I rarely play as it is due to school and work.

I've never experience all these random PC specific glitches and crashes, even before using windower. Perhaps it's your hardware, your software configuration, or you're doing something wrong.

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
My technical level is sufficient as well as the others whom I consult with, even somebody else in here mentioned the game will always run "better" on the ps2 since it is coded for it, however the graphics are a limiting factor, then again I never tried to claim the ps2 had better graphics. On the "doing it wrong" thing, really you can't to be honest, so shut the *** up.

The truth is that the game runs great on a good PC, and with way better graphics than PS2. I don't understand why anyone, given the option between great graphics and bad graphics, would choose the bad graphics option.

The PS2 is an inferior piece of hardware on may different levels, and telling me to shut up will not make the PS2 any better, so calm down.

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Regardless of your justifications of the windower app, it's still a 3rd party program that's against the tos, and SE apparently did care otherwise they wouldn't have made their own version.

Regardless of your justifications, this game will still be inferior on the PS2.

And why are you still posting on this website if you hate windower so much?

This website was made by the people who were directly involved in the development of windower and its plugins, but you keep ignoring this every time I bring it up.
 Siren.Clinpachi
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-10-30 01:08:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said:

Since we were talking about graphics and Jeta has no idea what he's talking about.

Perfect explanation right there lol.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-10-30 01:09:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said:

I'm not talking about graphics, My name isn't Jeta, and I do know what I'm talking about.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-10-30 01:11:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

I've never experience all these random PC specific glitches and crashes, even before using windower. Perhaps it's your hardware, your software configuration, or you're doing something.

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

The truth is that the game runs great on a good PC, and with way better graphics than PS2. I don't understand why anyone, given the option between great graphics and bad graphics, would choose the bad graphics option.

The PS2 is an inferior piece of hardware on may different levels, and telling me to shut up will not make the PS2 any better, so calm down.

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

Regardless of your justifications, this game will still be inferior on the PS2.

And why are you still posting on this website if you hate windower so much?

This website was made by the people who were directly involved in the development of windower and its plugins, but you keep ignoring this every time I bring it up.
because it has glitches on the pc version, nothing to do with my hardware, software or any configurations.
The game was designed for the ps2 and will always run better on it. I'm not talking about graphics, as I've mentioned multiple times.
Lastly because it's irrelevant.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-10-30 01:13:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Serj said:

Im talking about graphics, My name is Jeta, and I do not know what I'm talking about.

At least we're in agreement there.

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

because it has glitches on the pc version, nothing to do with my hardware, software or any configurations.
The game was designed for the ps2 and will always run better on it. I'm not talking about graphics, as I've mentioned multiple times.

^ keep telling yourself that.

And do keep ignoring everything I have said.

Tip: You're doing it wrong~
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-10-30 01:20:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Serj said:

Im talking about graphics, My name is Jeta, and I do not know what I'm talking about.

At least we're in agreement there.

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

^ keep telling yourself that.

And do keep ignoring everything I have said.

Tip: You're doing it wrong~
/sigh stop being a retard, I have not once talked about graphics, my name Isn't jeta, and the makers of the website and what they do is irrelevant.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-10-30 01:22:19
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're trying to say the game looks like ***on the ps2 i'll agree there, however what the game looks like and how it plays are two different things, and I haven't once talked about the former. You who are ignorant in many things know not of what you're talking about, the game runs for ***on pc, and just because you don't realize it doesn't make it any less so.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-10-30 01:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
/sigh stop being a retard, I have not once talked about graphics, my name Isn't jeta, and the makers of the website and what they do is irrelevant.

You're irrelevant, and get mad way too easily. Try to relax a little.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 21 22 23