Anyone interested
First Page 2 ... 21 22 23
 Leviathan.Visente
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Visente
By Leviathan.Visente 2010-10-23 18:36:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Going to put a Ps2 with Hardrive/FF11 and all expansions up to Wing of the goddess, with an adapter for sale on Ebay just wondering if anyone is interested before I put it up.
email me at Dennis_macura@yahoo.com with price
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-10-23 18:41:03
Link | Quote | Reply

How much? Just curious.
 Asura.Daleterrence
Server: Asura
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-10-23 18:50:55
Link | Quote | Reply

People still play on the PS2?
[+]
 Fenrir.Jumeya
Server: Fenrir
user: Jumeya
By Fenrir.Jumeya 2010-10-23 18:52:11
Link | Quote | Reply

PS2 plays better then broken NVIDIA 400 series owners (Go go next gen)

So, probably >.>
 Leviathan.Visente
By Leviathan.Visente 2010-10-23 18:55:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure about price to be honest, and it would depend if you wanted everything pre-loaded or not, since i wiped drive to protect my info, i quit last December so im not worried just making sure credit cards and stuff are safe
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-10-23 18:55:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Daleterrence said:

I believe some people still do. It's unfortunately, really.

It must be painful. I was just wondering how much money he was planning on getting for that.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-10-23 18:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Visente said:
Not sure about price to be honest, and it would depend if you wanted everything pre-loaded or not, since i wiped drive to protect my info, i quit last December so im not worried just making sure credit cards and stuff are safe

Ahh, well someone out there may buy it from you. Who knows. Not sure about the price either though.
 Leviathan.Visente
By Leviathan.Visente 2010-10-23 19:03:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure, just wanted to give people here a chance at it 1st before I go to ebay. Wish I could play 14 with the rest of my old linkshell but my computer is stone-age compared to the specs for 14.
 Asura.Kresaera
Server: Asura
user: Kresaera
By Asura.Kresaera 2010-10-23 19:59:55
Link | Quote | Reply

My computer is stoneage compared to the specs for 14 and I got it this past February >.>
 Leviathan.Visente
By Leviathan.Visente 2010-10-23 20:34:07
Link | Quote | Reply

haha I know right, mines a refurbished emachine from tigerdirect, was only 240$ for a decent comp, was great for like a week till they released specs for 14 then I was sad. I could easily run ff11 in HD... which isn't saying much as it used to...
 Leviathan.Visente
By Leviathan.Visente 2010-10-24 18:29:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright last chance speak now or forever hold your peace...
 Fenrir.Mariane
Server: Fenrir
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2010-10-24 19:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're selling the HDD out, make sure it's wiped (oh you did mention you did wipe it already, not ?)

Don't waste your time doing pre-install on it unless you're selling the PS2 console in the bundle. If you install and sell the HDD bare the person who buys it will be forced to format it again by SONY DNAS software issues.

And if you're wondering, yes it's possible to harvest an POL password (if it was saved) from a PS2 HDD even without having the PS2 which it was originally used with.
 Leviathan.Visente
By Leviathan.Visente 2010-10-24 20:10:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Wiped HDD and selling as a bundle
 Alexander.Garlend
Server: Alexander
user: Garlend
By Alexander.Garlend 2010-10-24 20:59:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Daleterrence said:

I still play on the ps2. 360 version sucks and i use comp for ffxiclopedia
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-10-24 21:27:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I couldn't imagine playing on a console lol.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-10-25 01:01:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mariane said:

Don't waste your time doing pre-install on it unless you're selling the PS2 console in the bundle. If you install and sell the HDD bare the person who buys it will be forced to format it again by SONY DNAS software issues.

I've actually used the hdd on other consoles before and this problem never showed up.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-10-25 01:02:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Visente said:
haha I know right, mines a refurbished emachine from tigerdirect, was only 240$ for a decent comp, was great for like a week till they released specs for 14 then I was sad. I could easily run ff11 in HD... which isn't saying much as it used to...
never buy an emachine, why do you think it was refurbished? also never buy electronics refurbished, typically the problem was never solved, or only one of them were.
On the other note, yeah XIV's specs are insane.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-10-25 01:05:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said:

I could imagine it, but it isn't a pleasant thought.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-10-25 01:06:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Bahamut.Serj said:

I've been doing it for years, better than any pc experience i've had.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-10-25 01:25:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Bahamut.Serj said:

That seems to be the problem. Perhaps your PC just wasn't good enough?

Also, I will say this:

Even though a good PC is capable of better graphics (particularly through the use of adjustments in resolution, in the registers), graphics is actually not the main reason why various PC users here will say that playing in PC is better.

Don't take my comment the wrong way though, you're free to play on whatever system you want. I obviously don't believe console is the way to go though.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-10-25 01:49:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Bahamut.Serj said:

That seems to be the problem. Perhaps your PC just wasn't good enough?

Also, I will say this:

Even though a good PC is capable of better graphics (particularly through the use of adjustments in resolution, in the registers), graphics is actually not the main reason why various PC users here will say that playing in PC is better.

Don't take my comment the wrong way though, you're free to play on whatever system you want. I obviously don't believe console is the way to go though.
short of the failbox's faults i've had smoother gameplay on it and ps2/ps3(ps2 engine) than on pc. The computer had more than enough power to play the game, just it doesn't run well, the game was designed for a console, that's just how it is.
 Bismarck.Nexdeus
Server: Bismarck
user: Greyfin
By Bismarck.Nexdeus 2010-10-25 01:51:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think you set your game up the correct way then. PC > Consoles for this game. You can get the game to look amazing and run smooth with the proper configuration. Windower is a must though, running it via the official channels is lame in comparison.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-10-25 01:58:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nexdeus said:
I don't think you set your game up the correct way then. PC > Consoles for this game. You can get the game to look amazing and run smooth with the proper configuration. Windower is a must though, running it via the official channels is lame in comparison.
you're right you don't think, this game on the pc sucks. Unless you want to use cheats, then go ahead.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nexdeus
By Bismarck.Nexdeus 2010-10-25 02:03:25
Link | Quote | Reply

You realize when I brought up windower, I meant it in the sense that you can set your draw distance beyond the normal settings, so you can produce images that are beyond the normal limit. You can also fake anti alias your image to give it a much cleaner and crisp view by setting the texture resolutions above stock "high" settings.

[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-10-25 02:10:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nexdeus said:
You realize when I brought up windower, I meant it in the sense that you can set your draw distance beyond the normal settings, so you can produce images that are beyond the normal limit. You can also fake anti alias your image to give it a much cleaner and crisp view by setting the texture resolutions above stock "high" settings.

you're boring me, not everyone gives a rats *** about graphics, aside from that I was speaking of general gameplay, I've gotten the best experience from the console in regards to the overall aspect of the game, the pc just doesn't do it.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nexdeus
By Bismarck.Nexdeus 2010-10-25 02:18:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Why bother explaining to a person who is obviously afraid of technology. =/
Back to what I was doing! Making scripts so I can cheat with my windower scripts, since hitting so many macros(that lag and dont equip gear properly) gets really annoying.

I also fail to see how playing on a inferior piece of hardware, with limited functions is better. The only reasoning that I can find behind this type of thinking, is if you are not used to a mouse and keyboard, in which case, that is just your own limitations and should not be imposed onto others out of a lack of hand to eye coordination.
I suppose dial-up is also the best connection for this game as well?

Anyways, /away, playing with my uber cheats.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-10-25 02:35:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nexdeus said:
Why bother explaining to a person who is obviously afraid of technology. =/
Back to what I was doing! Making scripts so I can cheat with my windower scripts, since hitting so many macros(that lag and dont equip gear properly) gets really annoying.

I also fail to see how playing on a inferior piece of hardware, with limited functions is better. The only reasoning that I can find behind this type of thinking, is if you are not used to a mouse and keyboard, in which case, that is just your own limitations and should not be imposed onto others out of a lack of hand to eye coordination.
I suppose dial-up is also the best connection for this game as well?

Anyways, /away, playing with my uber cheats.
just because you want to cheat on a game doesn't mean others do. Playing with a controller gives you much better handling anyway and I know nobody who plays this game with a mouse, even when they do play on pc.
edit: also afraid of technology? lol this made me laugh, no I just don't find it necessary to cheat to enjoy the game.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nexdeus
By Bismarck.Nexdeus 2010-10-25 02:50:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Mouse and Keyboard is a common phrase referencing towards PC game play. It is often associated with first person shooters.
Again, you come out with a opinion and not a fact about the overall game play value that influences you to play on a console. I know what PS2 game play is like for FF11, I have a PS3 with the game installed for those just in case moments(if somehow my desktop, and my laptop were to go out).

My own personal opinion varies from yours on the handling issues. A "WASD" configuration makes me feel right at home considering I've grown accustomed to it from playing FPS titles on my PC.

Now days the only thing that controllers are really superior for, are plat-formers and adventure games, example: Assassins Creed. Fighters have game pads, shooters have always been better with a mouse and keyboard, MMOs are all about the keyboard as well.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-10-25 02:56:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nexdeus said:
Mouse and Keyboard is a common phrase referencing towards PC game play. It is often associated with first person shooters.
Again, you come out with a opinion and not a fact about the overall game play value that influences you to play on a console. I know what PS2 game play is like for FF11, I have a PS3 with the game installed for those just in case moments(if somehow my desktop, and my laptop were to go out).

My own personal opinion varies from yours on the handling issues. A "WASD" configuration makes me feel right at home considering I've grown accustomed to it from playing FPS titles on my PC.

Now days the only thing that controllers are really superior for, are plat-formers and adventure games, example: Assassins Creed. Fighters have game pads, shooters have always been better with a mouse and keyboard, MMOs are all about the keyboard as well.
No it's pretty simple, if you want to play the game how it was designed play on a console, if you want to cheat play on a pc, and this game is 1000x more comfortable with a controller in hand, even on pc. That aside whether or not a phrase is common doesn't deter from the fact that you implied people play ffxi with a mouse, which is just ludicrous. I know what the gameplay is like on all the consoles and on multiple pcs, and i don't even have all my pc disks anymore nor care to really reacquire them because the play on it was such ***I barely could put up with it, although it was nice to have a backup when i was dual-boxing and my failbox went out.
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-10-25 03:01:27
Link | Quote | Reply

The last time i checked it was your own decision what system you played on :\

Personally i understand the importance of windower/spellcast ect. But i also used to like to sit on my couch in my living room of the old apartment on the bigscreen with a 360 controller as well once in awhile.

Really aren't going to sway anyone's "what-is-better-to-play-on" because its completely opinion :\
[+]
First Page 2 ... 21 22 23