I Want To Play Again But With Level Cap Increase And 14...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » I want to play again but with level cap increase and 14...
I want to play again but with level cap increase and 14...
First Page 2 3
 Pandemonium.Bengal
Server: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
user: Zefie
By Pandemonium.Bengal 2010-05-26 15:10:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Does this kill anybody's ambition to play?
Increasing the level cap to 99 BEFORE 14 coming out?
How many people are with me on that?

Should I play again?
Or should I wait until 14?

Sorry if something like this has already been posted; just sorta wtf about that.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-05-26 15:11:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I quit FFXI back in February, about the day that the level cap increase was announced. And definitely waiting until 14.
 Pandemonium.Bengal
By Pandemonium.Bengal 2010-05-26 15:13:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
I quit FFXI back in February, about the day that the level cap increase was added. And definitely waiting until 14.
Yeah, about same.
I just miss BRD. QQ
Lol I'm the only person that can say she misses leveling. XD
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-05-26 15:14:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess I wasn't too excited about having 13ish main jobs, and needing +2M exp for each of them. That's 26M exp, more than I've gotten in my lifetime, both merits and exp.
 Pandemonium.Bengal
By Pandemonium.Bengal 2010-05-26 15:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
I guess I wasn't too excited about having 13ish main jobs, and needing 2M exp for each of them. That's 26M exp, more than I've gotten in my lifetime, both merits and exp.
Yeah.
I was too lazy to even think about leveling my BLU, WHM, and DNC again.
 Phoenix.Ailoki
Server: Phoenix
user: Xenophire
By Phoenix.Ailoki 2010-05-26 15:15:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
I guess I wasn't too excited about having 13ish main jobs, and needing 2M exp for each of them. That's 26M exp, more than I've gotten in my lifetime, both merits and exp.
I have 7 75's and I'm only taking 4 to 99 if I even see that day. Lol

XIV's expected to be out this December, only time will tell. Never know, a lot can happen in 5 months!
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-05-26 15:16:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Ailoki said:
Siren.Enternius said:

XIV's expected to be out this December, only time will tell. Never know, a lot can happen in 5 months!
I have pseudo-OCD, I can't half-do something. All jobs to 99 or none.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Bengal
By Pandemonium.Bengal 2010-05-26 15:19:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Phoenix.Ailoki said:
Siren.Enternius said:

I have pseudo-OCD, I can't half-do something. All jobs to 99 or none.
Same.
Not pseudo though. XD
 Ragnarok.Faiye
Server: Ragnarok
user: xFaiyex
By Ragnarok.Faiye 2010-05-26 15:19:24
Link | Quote | Reply

SE clearly wants to give people a reason to play both FFXI and FFXIV. I'll be giving FFXIV a try but I'm not holding my breath. After putting this much time into XI I'm going to see it through to the end o.O
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-05-26 15:21:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Faiye said:
SE clearly wants to give people a reason to play both FFXI and FFXIV. I'll be giving FFXIV a try but I'm not holding my breath. After putting this much time into XI I'm going to see it through to the end o.O
That's funny, I was exactly the opposite. I have been playing for 4 years, believing that SE could do no wrong. Even after update after upgrade of slowly degrading the game, the one thing I knew would never change was the level cap, because that would ruin everything we knew and loved. So when I heard they were going back on their word, before I even talked to any friends, as I was reading the news update, I had already decided I was going to cancel my POL ID and stop playing for good.
[+]
 Remora.Faythe
Server: Remora
user: FayFay
By Remora.Faythe 2010-05-26 15:25:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I can see that SE is trying to keep things going with the new level cap, but it killed it for me. I mean... I worked hard to get just 3 to 75 and more on the way. I don't want to level them again and then recap skills.

I've been looking into 14 a lot and I'm definitely going to be playing that.
 Pandemonium.Bengal
By Pandemonium.Bengal 2010-05-26 15:26:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Faythe said:
I can see that SE is trying to keep things going with the new level cap, but it killed it for me. I mean... I worked hard to get just 3 to 75 and more on the way. I don't want to level them again and then recap skills.

I've been looking into 14 a lot and I'm definitely going to be playing that.
They definitely did kill it for a lot of people. =/

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Moogleking
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Moogleking 2010-05-26 15:37:08
Link | Quote | Reply

i think SE is doing the lvl cap increase to keep current players interested and i think they want to attract a new audience and some current ffxi players with ff14. in defense of having to grind job up to 99, SE answer to that is the allied ring, which if the throne room is controlled u can acquire it and recharge it every conquest tally. and on shiva server we have control this week so woot. i think im going to stick with ffxi for now cuz i invested so much into it but i might check out f14 at some point, i dunno.
[+]
By Artemicion 2010-05-26 15:37:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Do what you want to. If you still enjoy the game, then keep playing. I don't see how a level cap increase spread out in multiple updates throughout the year would be a problem. Play at your own pace and terms. Nobody is forcing anything upon you.
 Sylph.Spency
Server: Sylph
user: Spencyono
By Sylph.Spency 2010-05-26 15:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
I don't see the issue with SE increasing level cap before FF14.

Nobody is forcing you to level if you don't want to, hell nobody is forcing you to play at all.

I'm similar to Ent in that I have OCD and like things to be 'done.'

Jobs at 1, 37, or 75 ~ All that needs to be changed, all skills at 0 or blue, that needs to be changed

My laziness would likely trump my OCD, but meh
 Siren.Sinneloa
user: Sinneloa
By Siren.Sinneloa 2010-05-27 22:41:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Explain why out of all crafts cooking is only achieved by red curry or cursed soup? Had 70 royal jellies and only got a .1 for a grand total of 99.3 which I think is needlessly cruel on SE for even making a craft which ends at 2 recipes to gain lvl 100. This craft needs a few more recipes or this crap is dead to me. Honeyed Egg? WTF!!!
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-05-27 22:48:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Made a new character in April, currently 70 w/o a sub lol. I'll play till 14, if I don't get 99 oh well, not like I didn't enjoy my time till 14.
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2010-05-27 22:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Play ffxi. FF14 isn't gonna be the same game but better. Its at a different target audience. Us old ffxi'ers are out dated. There gonna be shooting for what 13-14 years olds want to play.
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-05-27 22:55:06
Link | Quote | Reply

^Making it sound like we're elderly. 14 will be better and still have the qualities that make 11 such a different game from say WoW. ESRB ratings don't necessarily show what the target audience is.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-27 22:59:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh I wanna see what I can do after the lvl cap. Push the current limits more. Especially since I wont be starting behind on everything. Try new and crazy combinations.

Depending on what's going on with my life maybe play this while playing 14. Might depend on the friends I still play with or not. Alot have already left which has made the game less fun in alot of ways
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-05-27 23:01:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I'd probably play 14 but still log in 11 till everyone I know quits/moves to 14. Doubt i'd do much endgame though. Just some lowman/help friends with stuff.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-05-27 23:03:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm actually really interested to see how HNMs/Endgame will work in FFXIV. Will everything require 18 people like in FFXI, or will it all be low-man-oriented? I hope it stays like it is, so it will be more fun when you DO get to low-man stuff.
 Siren.Mordekai
user: Shredda
By Siren.Mordekai 2010-05-27 23:05:10
Link | Quote | Reply

ents still waiting for his chance to actually low man something
[+]
 Siren.Eclipsys
user: Eclipsys
By Siren.Eclipsys 2010-05-27 23:05:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mordekai said:
ents still waiting for his chance to actually low man something

Seconded.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-27 23:17:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Man everything requires 18 people in ffxi... Guess the only things I've ever done in ffxi are a little bit of namis and einharjar. The rest of my play time must be bazaaring or some ***
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-05-27 23:46:10
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're bored, you're bored. Waiting for FFXIV won't change that, so not playing just because of that lacks credibility. I intend on playing 14 when it comes out, and if it's good enough, I'll quit XI, I've no intention to "Preemptively" quit however, as it's just silly. There will always be a large chunk of my free time dedicated to gaming, FFXI (MMO in general) allow me to actually combine stuff like Schoolwork and Game time (Because of all the pockets of downtime, ect) in one nifty activity.

My advice; if you really want to, come back and enjoy the time on the game you have, instead of thinking about "is it worth it?". Because at the end of the day, it's Never "Worth it" as one day FFXI WILL shut down (Save for a small bastion on private servers) so there is no point worrying about the inevitable.

Also, the Level cap is going to be gradual, 5 levels coming in June, is manageable even if you want all 99 eventually. Consider the effort a lot of people put into merits, which you (probably) won't have to worry about for a long time again.

As for Low man, I don't really understand, I've done everything from Dynamis to Nidhogg with 6 and sometimes fewer. The only event I've come across where you can't realistically low-man it is Einherjar, Bahamut and maybe Kirin. If it wasn't for the Adds, I'm sure we could 6man that too, as a Straight tanking 12 man method takes him down in around 20minutes after adds.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-05-27 23:50:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
I'm actually really interested to see how HNMs/Endgame will work in FFXIV. Will everything require 18 people like in FFXI, or will it all be low-man-oriented? I hope it stays like it is, so it will be more fun when you DO get to low-man stuff.

Nobody will see that for a LONG LONG time though...Do you think they are gonna have "end-game" stuff on launch? I would certainly think not...

As for coming back to XI..I would say do so. I dont know if any of you guys played FFXI on the PC launch like I did, but the game was still BUGGED AS ***, and if I'm not mistaken, NA launch was 1 year after JP launch...so I'm not expecting 14 to be spectacular from the jump though I'll still try it. (Btw if you plan on playing on PC, I suggest a dual core or higher processor, as its the one thing that is holding me back from the Beta atm ><..a requirement they never mentioned).
 Carbuncle.Sterling
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2010-05-27 23:51:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Killed it for me, but I don't plan on playing XIV either. Its time for me to break the habit.
[+]
First Page 2 3