I Want To Play Again But With Level Cap Increase And 14...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » I want to play again but with level cap increase and 14...
I want to play again but with level cap increase and 14...
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-27 23:53:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Play moar!
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-05-27 23:56:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Siren.Enternius said:
I'm actually really interested to see how HNMs/Endgame will work in FFXIV. Will everything require 18 people like in FFXI, or will it all be low-man-oriented? I hope it stays like it is, so it will be more fun when you DO get to low-man stuff.

Nobody will see that for a LONG LONG time though...Do you think they are gonna have "end-game" stuff on launch? I would certainly think not...
It depends on what you consider Endgame.

FFXI had an Endgame before there was even a LV75 cap. At LV60, alliances were killing Rocs and King Arthros as HNMs. Sure it's not a fully realized system but it's a system nonetheless.
 Sylph.Jax
user: MissJax
By Sylph.Jax 2010-05-28 00:04:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Play bof!
 Fairy.Specopsz
Server: Fairy
user: Specopsz
By Fairy.Specopsz 2010-05-28 00:16:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember hearing rumors that SE wanted to kill ffxi back a few months ago.

May be they want to keep it to have more income?
x2 games, prob both going to be 12.99 a month.
Some players will play both, due to the fact that a lot of people have accomplished a ***load on 11.
Who knows?
 Sylph.Jax
By Sylph.Jax 2010-05-28 00:19:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Or maybe they're trying to kill the game by having people level to 99. Because what the f*ck. I sure as hell aint leveling my 9 75s to 99. that would take up half of my life! I never intended to play 14 but since I heard the debut of the lvl 99, it would be like starting over again so might as well start over on 14.
 Fairy.Specopsz
Server: Fairy
user: Specopsz
By Fairy.Specopsz 2010-05-28 00:20:58
Link | Quote | Reply

True that.
LOL.
44k takes long enough, 98 to 99 has to be like over 9000.

I'm just playing ffxi as a social thing now.
Work to much to even play anyhow lol.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-05-28 00:35:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zarthinius said:
i dont see why people are whining about a level cap. i mean new spells,ws,abilities. how can you *** about that?
Not worth the effort for a dying game. SE is trying to make FFXI into a new game without fully planning out the changes. You can't possibly to expect there to be a perfect balance between current HNMs and a LV99 player, no matter how they scale the stats.
 Caitsith.Alriath
Server: Caitsith
user: Alriath
By Caitsith.Alriath 2010-05-28 00:43:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
FFXI had an Endgame before there was even a LV75 cap. At LV60, alliances were killing Rocs and King Arthros as HNMs. Sure it's not a fully realized system but it's a system nonetheless.
Quote:
You can't possibly to expect there to be a perfect balance between current HNMs and a LV99 player, no matter how they scale the stats.

Lol'd.
[+]
 Sylph.Jax
By Sylph.Jax 2010-05-28 00:46:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Bahamut.Zarthinius said:
i dont see why people are whining about a level cap. i mean new spells,ws,abilities. how can you *** about that?
Not worth the effort for a dying game. SE is trying to make FFXI into a new game without fully planning out the changes.
^This
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-05-28 00:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Bahamut.Zarthinius said:
Not worth the effort for a dying game. SE is trying to make FFXI into a new game without fully planning out the changes. You can't possibly to expect there to be a perfect balance between current HNMs and a LV99 player, no matter how they scale the stats.

They aren't trying to make it into a new game. FFXI was flawed during its release in that EVERYTHING required lots of other players to accomplish. Considering Abyssea is planned to be accessible for parties of 6, the only reason the 99 cap is in effect is so the declining player base can still kill things like Tiamat. 14 shouldbe out before the 99 cap hits, so the player base will be a lot smaller than it is currently.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-05-28 00:49:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Alriath said:
Quote:
Quote:
You can't possibly to expect there to be a perfect balance between current HNMs and a LV99 player, no matter how they scale the stats.

Lol'd.
Those aren't the same situations. SE's current focus is FFXIV so they're not putting forth their full effort on the LV99 cap stuff. They're making everything we have now completely useless after 6 years of swearing by this stuff, whereas Arthro/Roc/Simurgh only ruled for a few months before level caps increased.
 Caitsith.Alriath
By Caitsith.Alriath 2010-05-28 00:58:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see the part where it becomes useless, Just the part where people speculate as so. You're saying that square only has 1 development team and they're doing both games? I'm sure that isn't the case.

I just think people should stop QQ'ing, I've been waiting for this cap raise a long time and it's not like someone just woke up and decided "Let's raise the cap guys!" it's been planned.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Ratie
Server: Lakshmi
user: ratie
By Lakshmi.Ratie 2010-05-28 00:58:48
Link | Quote | Reply

While I'm not judging how good/bad the updates are gonna make the game until they've actually taken place, i do want to mention that SE has altered the exp requirements in the past, they may do so again.

Who knows how much exp will be required to get a job from 75-99, but I'm gonna guess that it wont follow the 40k 42k 44k pattern that was leading up to lv75, otherwise it's gonna take 90,000 exp just to get from lv98-99
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-05-28 00:59:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Alriath said:
I don't see the part where it becomes useless, Just the part where people speculate as so. You're saying that square only has 1 development team and they're doing both games? I'm sure that isn't the case.

I just think people should stop QQ'ing, I've been waiting for this cap raise a long time and it's not like someone just woke up and decided "Let's raise the cap guys!" it's been planned.
They had been saying ever since the cap was increased to 75 that it would be the last cap. They only mentioned the 99 cap for added publicity at the fan fest. Then of course they had to follow through on that, so now here we are.
 Caitsith.Alriath
By Caitsith.Alriath 2010-05-28 01:01:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Are there articles showing them say that? out of curiosity since I've never seen it.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-05-28 01:02:05
Link | Quote | Reply

That's just idiocy
 Phoenix.Airbag
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-05-28 01:02:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Caitsith.Alriath said:

They had been saying ever since the cap was increased to 75 that it would be the last cap. They only mentioned the 99 cap for added publicity at the fan fest. Then of course they had to follow through on that, so now here we are.

and oh god, may he please forgive them for breathing new life into an old game
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-05-28 01:18:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Caitsith.Alriath said:
Quote:
Quote:

Lol'd.
Those aren't the same situations. SE's current focus is FFXIV so they're not putting forth their full effort on the LV99 cap stuff. They're making everything we have now completely useless after 6 years of swearing by this stuff, whereas Arthro/Roc/Simurgh only ruled for a few months before level caps increased.

It's still a good precedence to show. At level 99, Fafnir, Nidhogg and Aspid still will not be solo-able, by virtue of the powered HNM stats and rage timers (That will likely be decreased). Hell, King Arthro, Simurgh and Roc are Barely soloable, and they are all aproximately Lv.55. So even now, a 20 Lv. difference on Much weaker enemies still shows some challenge. The King HNM are level 90, meaning a 9 level gap at best.

As for "Them not putting full effort into Lv.99 stuff". Well, Get an informed opinion then comment. Nobody knows either way what is going to happen. But if you have any knowledge of game development, you can easily assume the design documents for Lv76-99 have been drafted for at least a year, probably more. And thus you can also assume that there have been considerable amounts of thought put into how the progression is going to happen, what challenges await and what rewards will adequately remunerate players for their efforts.

If you've ever played any other MMO, you'll actually find that FFXI is one of the tightest designed MMO's on the market. Most of the problems with FFXI stem from opinion about the intent of mechanics (Such as the HNM system, which isn't nescessarily flawed from a game-standpoint, but a personal standpoint) rather than true design issues. FFXI was originally designed to be "Hardcore" because complexity breeds challenge, and challenge holds players longer, as they struggle to figure out mechanics, strategy and other points of interest. The only MMO more anti-player than FFXi is EVE online, and it's not even that much more complex, even less so if you have an affinity for Microsoft Excel or Flowcharts.

Just like you would say to your lady friend when trying to get her to open up the back door, "Give it a try, you might like it... a lot."
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-05-28 01:30:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the 99 cap will also had a crap load of dimensions to job combinations as a whole ie: subbing dnc may not just be for healing anymore, as haste samba + hasso (sam/dnc for example) will lead to a *** ton of self haste with a sprinkling of party melee haste (as well as more WSs with reverse flourish use).

Not to mention, a ton of melee being able to self SC with /sam sekkanoki will, HOPEFULLY breed more SC orders and MBing from mages (I miss SCing with high MBs in exp parties lol).

Also, the mage game will be flipped around with 40-49 on the sub. Most mages will /rdm for convert and refresh, but we might see more /sch for accesion buffs like SS-ga from a whm or potential haste/refresh-ga from a rdm/sch..

So this game will get even better than it has been for so many years, and people have enjoyed for so long so far...so how can this level cap raise be bad really?
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-05-28 01:34:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
I think the 99 cap will also had a crap load of dimensions to job combinations as a whole ie: subbing dnc may not just be for healing anymore, as haste samba hasso (sam/dnc for example) will lead to a *** ton of self haste with a sprinkling of party melee haste (as well as more WSs with reverse flourish use).

Not to mention, a ton of melee being able to self SC with /sam sekkanoki will, HOPEFULLY breed more SC orders and MBing from mages (I miss SCing with high MBs in exp parties lol).

Also, the mage game will be flipped around with 40-49 on the sub. Most mages will /rdm for convert and refresh, but we might see more /sch for accesion buffs like SS-ga from a whm or potential haste/refresh-ga from a rdm/sch..

So this game will get even better than it has been for so many years, and people have enjoyed for so long so far...so how can this level cap raise be bad really?

Change intimidates people of limited vision and ambition. They want what is safe, and what they know. Such people are harbingers of stagnation, at best, we have one annoying troll trying to defend his stick in the mud, at worst, we have complete societal pause. Just look at the Dark Ages.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-05-28 01:38:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Change intimidates people of limited vision and ambition. They want what is safe, and what they know. Such people are harbingers of stagnation, at best, we have one annoying troll trying to defend his stick in the mud, at worst, we have complete societal pause. Just look at the Dark Ages.

I smell a clip of "Hitler learns of 99 cap" coming on..... anybody...? lol

But seriously, I do think this update (or these) will breath live into this game again, and I for one, am very excited about the cap raise. I'm a big fan of trying to solo ***I normally should have no business attempting, on jobs I've no business attempting them on lol. (One prime example though not a VERY hard NM, is the Carby Mitts NM, I soloed on sam/war when I was told "I guarantee you'll die on the first Seering Light") lol.

ninja edit #2: lol So OP, yes if you feel the need, go ahead and come back to XI, I'm sure you're old buds would be glad to see you.
[+]
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-05-28 01:43:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Free content = BAD?? I am excited for this for the same reasons as Eikechi.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Darkshade
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-05-28 01:52:47
Link | Quote | Reply

After playing the XIV alpha a few times it kinda killed the excitement for XIV for me, I plan on playing both though, or canceling and renewing when there is new content. I don't see XIV having a lot of content at launch, vanilla MMOs tend to be mostly grinding, but we'll see. Honestly the level 99 thing has me very excited for XI.
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-05-28 01:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I just hope for FF XIV they make it easier to XP and get good items!!!
 Caitsith.Neonracer
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-05-28 01:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Bengal said:
Remora.Faythe said:
I can see that SE is trying to keep things going with the new level cap, but it killed it for me. I mean... I worked hard to get just 3 to 75 and more on the way. I don't want to level them again and then recap skills.

I've been looking into 14 a lot and I'm definitely going to be playing that.
They definitely did kill it for a lot of people. =/

Not really, well maybe that is what you think, but it sure is a marketing thing for SE, don't you think?
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-05-28 02:02:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:

I smell a clip of "Hitler learns of 99 cap" coming on..... anybody...? lol

All of those Hitler Fall parodies were removed cause the producers got a stick up their *** or something, and viacom is full of spineless *** not willing to honor the fact that parodies are a constitutionally protected form of free expression.

Right now, nothing in FFXI excites me more than the impending level cap raises, I've had my fill of this generation of Endgame. Sure, there's stuff I still would like to get, but I don't play for items, I play for the sheer enjoyment and thrill of the challenge. There's a certain point after the 109th Archaic Chariot without Freya's ledenses dropping that it just becomes HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. I want to at least face abyssal (Hence the name abyssea?) drop rates in a new area.
[+]
 Titan.Jingizu
Server: Titan
user: Jingizu
By Titan.Jingizu 2010-05-28 08:18:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess, I'm the only one, so far, looking forward to the updates to see what may come. I want to help some friends get through CoP, and, for a very long time, I'd been reticent to do so, just because of the level caps. I know that SE will increase mob levels accordingly, however, it will be nice to have my full array of abilities and all my merits count when going into some of those battles. I'm also very interested to see if we'll be able to take down Nidhogg with a single party.

I'm not excited about going back to the grind of leveling again. I am, however, curious to see what type of gear we'll have to obtain, or, if we'll just be able to augment already outstanding gear to increased stats. I do hope the latter will be the case, otherwise, I feel terribly sorry for those who've spent tens of millions of gil on salvage gear and relic weapons.

As for FFXIV.........I'm leaning away from even trying it, so much time sunk into XI, do I really want to do it all over again?
 Sylph.Spency
user: Spencyono
By Sylph.Spency 2010-05-28 08:21:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Jingizu said:
As for FFXIV.........I'm leaning away from even trying it, so much time sunk into XI, do I really want to do it all over again?

This is what I'm thinking, maybe if it comes out during the winter I'll play it because I don't like going outside when it's cold >.>

I figure it won't be as bad, because I'm guessing XIV won't differ from XI THAT much.