I Want To Play Again But With Level Cap Increase And 14...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » I want to play again but with level cap increase and 14...
I want to play again but with level cap increase and 14...
 Phoenix.Kusama
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Kusama 2010-05-28 08:34:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait for FFXIV, ffxiv seem useless now ; ; i quit becuase of the ppl and ffxiv.
 Ramuh.Scizor
Server: Ramuh
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2010-05-28 09:17:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Come back to Ramuh and stop dicking about on Pandemonium!!!
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2010-05-28 09:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Scizor said:
Pandy shut down, we were immigrated to Asura. And we haven't step foot on that server yet. >_> For the most part we're xbox addicts atm. Borderlands and MW2's Spec Ops.

Chick can snipe, yo. ._.;
 Sylph.Sindri
Server: Sylph
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-05-28 09:41:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Everytime I'm like "IMA QUIT" I just laugh and realise I have no life to quit to. I'd just wait to 14 if you plan to play, its a *** HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE update with no possible upside, although if they're smart theyll up it to 80 + leave it there, that'd be hot.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rellz
Server: Bismarck
user: Relleum
By Bismarck.Rellz 2010-05-28 09:48:56
Link | Quote | Reply

you also have to think come the new updates you get higher lv, more missions, more mobs to fight abilites spells wses etc. People are just looking at the negitive points of the update. As someone said in another thread Deal with it. Play the game or dont.
Im lookin foward to the updates i wanna see what my jobs get at 80 85 etc
Gunna give FFIV a shot also but who said u cant play both? (Think thats why SE is doing these updates before FFIV release, For the money)
[+]
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-05-28 09:50:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sterling said:
Killed it for me, but I don't plan on playing XIV either. Its time for me to break the habit.

You say that like it's a bad habit. :(
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-05-28 10:04:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Spency said:
Titan.Jingizu said:
As for FFXIV.........I'm leaning away from even trying it, so much time sunk into XI, do I really want to do it all over again?

This is what I'm thinking, maybe if it comes out during the winter I'll play it because I don't like going outside when it's cold >.>

I figure it won't be as bad, because I'm guessing XIV won't differ from XI THAT much.

I'm worried FFXIV will be Too Different from FFXI. Sure, it shares a lot of the same art style, with a bit more FFXII'ey techno-past (Not steampunk goddammit) flare, but other than that, the overall game mechanics are starting to scare me, at least the battle design.

ATB style works great in situations where you have one player controlling 3-5 characters. But for a game where you are only one character, ATB seems a bit sluggish.

I do really like what I've seen with the "Physical Level" character progression system within the Armory Skill progression system. It reminds me of an Elder Scroll esque skill progression system pooling into your physical prowess, with the freedom of FFXI's Merit Point system. Still too early to tell just how diverse players can make classes, but it really looks like this could be the first big leap forward for MMO's, since Blizzard somehow substantiated Mediocrity by saying Ozzy Ozborne plays WoW.
 Shiva.Lorielain
Server: Shiva
user: Atrithk
By Shiva.Lorielain 2010-05-28 10:07:15
Link | Quote | Reply

In before WHM gets Riviviscence, BLM get Meteor, SAM gets Gil Toss, and BST gets the shaft
 Sylph.Spency
user: Spencyono
By Sylph.Spency 2010-05-28 10:08:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
I'm worried FFXIV will be Too Different from FFXI. Sure, it shares a lot of the same art style, with a bit more FFXII'ey techno-past (Not steampunk goddammit) flare, but other than that, the overall game mechanics are starting to scare me, at least the battle design.

ATB style works great in situations where you have one player controlling 3-5 characters. But for a game where you are only one character, ATB seems a bit sluggish.

I do really like what I've seen with the "Physical Level" character progression system within the Armory Skill progression system. It reminds me of an Elder Scroll esque skill progression system pooling into your physical prowess, with the freedom of FFXI's Merit Point system. Still too early to tell just how diverse players can make classes, but it really looks like this could be the first big leap forward for MMO's, since Blizzard somehow substantiated Mediocrity by saying Ozzy Ozborne plays WoW.

In all likelihood, I'll go pick it up one day because I'm bored. Starting out in a game is always tedious for me, so I guess I'll just have to wait and see what I'm doing IRL to determine if I want to invest the time into another MMO.

I'm pretty fickle about these things.
 Asura.Oncilla
Server: Asura
user: Zefie
By Asura.Oncilla 2010-06-01 06:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Scizor said:
Bunny!
D:
I'm not playing anymore anyway.

Slybby - <3 ^w^

As for "redoing" ffxi in ffxiv, I wouldn't say it's like that at all.
it's a new game.
And when I was playing FFXI, I always wanted to go back and forget all that endgame ***.
Was too srs.
"Amagawd do it rite or u phail at gaem."

Playing in the dunes and sitting in selbina lol'ing at my ls was the most fun I had, truly. ]:
 Phoenix.Kusama
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kusama 2010-06-03 18:50:23
Link | Quote | Reply

There no point am bored of this game and it's starting to die it's 8year old with ps2 limiton there not much this game can give i play 6year got a black belt and a lot of my dream item it's just time to move on. i don't care about the new stuff and what not it's a pointless update to give ffxi few year of life and you guys should see it. Getting 75-99 with new AF is pretty much starting over. Should not flame someone for just saying ok i got what i needed from this good memory and friend now i got noting left everyone quit and ppl and most ppl becomeing *** why stay if all you had is gone :)

FFXIV is a new change for new world.

And most reason why ppl wont leave for ffxiv is becuase it wont be like ffxi. Well no final fantasy is alike. FFXIV have no auto attack but a good battle system and can change job on the fly. You also can give JA from other job to your new job with some limit.Oh did i say they be voice over in the story line and so far sound great :)

but i understand why most ppl would stay so it's understanding
 Leviathan.Rihoko
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Rihoko 2010-06-05 04:54:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I want SE to make FFXI free for players who have active FFXIV account (or SE account whatever), so you can play both with single monthly payment. Still lots to do in FFXI and I still enjoy the game very much, also excited about level cap increases. Though I'm looking forward to see FFXIV as well. I think I'm really into FF.
[+]
 Ifrit.Keeria
Server: Ifrit
user: Keeria
By Ifrit.Keeria 2010-06-05 10:44:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I had quit the game for about half a year when the level cap was announced. I came back recently actually because of it, so quite the opposite of most people. I'm interested to play around with it. :3
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-05 11:09:19
Link | Quote | Reply

A ton of people are going to come back when the level cap is put in. People are curious, I reckon over half the people who "OHMYGAWDLEVELCAPUPDATERUINGAME" quit will be back.
By Zekko 2010-06-05 11:10:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I think i already said this in another thread somewhere.....But after 5 years of playing it's just not funny anymore and none of the content is "new" its just a rehash of old stuff with a changed name E.G. VNMs. Everytime i looked on my friends list, it got smaller and smaller with people being online, i miss old friends that i played through the game with. I guess thats just how it is when things get old though.
[+]
Server: Garuda
user: Toniu
By Garuda.Toniudontknowme 2010-06-05 11:32:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Ratie said:
While I'm not judging how good/bad the updates are gonna make the game until they've actually taken place, i do want to mention that SE has altered the exp requirements in the past, they may do so again.

Who knows how much exp will be required to get a job from 75-99, but I'm gonna guess that it wont follow the 40k 42k 44k pattern that was leading up to lv75, otherwise it's gonna take 90,000 exp just to get from lv98-99

I really don't see a problem with 90k exp between 98-99. A level sync party @ 75 could knock that out in 4 hours.
[+]
 Ifrit.Keeria
Server: Ifrit
user: Keeria
By Ifrit.Keeria 2010-06-05 12:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Toniudontknowme said:
I really don't see a problem with 90k exp between 98-99. A level sync party @ 75 could knock that out in 4 hours.
This. I never understood everyone's whining over exp tnl. It's not that big a deal at all. I think people cheating (read: Astral Burn) their way through the levels these days are becoming a bit too spoiled.
 Cerberus.Lilla
Server: Cerberus
user: Lilla
By Cerberus.Lilla 2010-06-05 12:33:07
Link | Quote | Reply

my 2 cents, so there is a new level cap coming, new areas, well, old but cap taken off, new WS's, basically all new stuff to explore.
Just enjoy the game at your pace, hell with anyone's opinion on "You have to do this" or "You have to do that" play the game the way you want to that makes it fun, and enjoyable to you.
Where is the fun really in doing what "Is expected", play the game how you want to.
Updates means the game has expanded, there is no race to get it all done and be the best, or the first, screw that, what puts a smile on your face is what keeps you playing.
[+]