Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Abyssea
Abyssea
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 ... 36 37 38
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-07-15 13:25:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Wikia has an unconfirmable report of Serpentes Sabots dropping from a Tier II VNM-type NM in Abyssea La Thiene, called "Brooder".

Anyone seen any other reports on this item?
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-15 13:31:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
Wikia has an unconfirmable report of Serpentes Sabots dropping from a Tier II VNM-type NM in Abyssea La Thiene, called "Brooder".

Anyone seen any other reports on this item?
Saw a post on BG but no SS or additional reports of it to confirm. That's why it's not on my list of drops.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-15 13:47:52
Link | Quote | Reply

BG said:
Just finally popped Karkinos. It is indeed popped by fishing with Dried Squid from Poroggo NM + the smoldering crab shell from Nahn. Fished in the same lake Nahn was popped in and got it on the first try. Lose both items upon pop.

We wiped/timed out at around 76% after 40mins of fighting. It has the Krabkatoa moveset, so venom shower/mega scissors. Hardest problem is DDing it. Bubble Curtain and Scissor Guard both cannot be dispeled. Slow/paralyze landed easily, and we were kiting it around the lake without any problem.
By Wisestone 2010-07-15 14:05:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Q : when ya in abyss for awhile n ur allready at high Tier chest and light stats
And ya needed to run to mh to use merits or decided to job change and cap Another job with alot of remaining time. Do you have to rebuild light stats again if ya wanted to keep going?
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-15 14:09:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Wisestone said:
Q : when ya in abyss for awhile n ur allready at high Tier chest and light stats
And ya needed to run to mh to use merits or decided to job change and cap Another job with alot of remaining time. Do you have to rebuild light stats again if ya wanted to keep going?
Yes.
 Phoenix.Darki
Server: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-07-15 14:11:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't you have a time penatly of 1 hour after you come out before you can enter though?
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-15 14:12:09
Link | Quote | Reply

To clarify, only YOUR kill shots will yield lower tier chests after returning. If you leave and come back, don't get the final hit on an enemy until you think your lights have built back up.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-15 14:12:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
Don't you have a time penatly of 1 hour after you come out before you can enter though?
Only if you exit with less than 5 minutes.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-15 14:14:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
Only if you don't get visitant status I think
By Wisestone 2010-07-15 14:19:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice info on crab Nm.
Wonder if ya need any fishing skill to fish eather one of the crab Nm.
I had my pld try and fish up nahn using hylcon rod and fly lure but no luck on fishing um up
His fishing skill was lvl 11
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-15 14:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm working on a FAQ for Abyssea based off of this thread and others.

Here's my list of questions (cut answers to save space):
Quote:
Q: How often can I get a stone? How long does it last? How many can I hold? What is my time limit in zone?

Q: QQ! I lost my time!

Q: What's this conflux thingy?

Q: What is this glowing light I get after killing an enemy?

Q: Ok, so what comes from each chest?

Q: So how I get this uber XP that I keep hearing about?

Q: If I leave to change jobs or use merits, will my lights reset?

Q: Is there a cap on EXP and Cruor that a mob can give?

Q: How do I get Atma?

Q: What do you mean by weakness?

Any other questions that aren't specifically related to a zone, mob, or NM? This is just for general questions that can apply to Abyssea as a whole.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-15 14:20:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Wisestone said:
Nice info on crab Nm.
Wonder if ya need any fishing skill to fish eather one of the crab Nm.
I had my pld try and fish up nahn using hylcon rod and fly lure but no luck on fishing um up
His fishing skill was lvl 11
No skill required as far as I've heard.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-07-15 14:22:35
Link | Quote | Reply

where's the answers though @.@ I have some of those questions still new to the abyssea thing.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-15 14:25:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Wisestone said:
Nice info on crab Nm. Wonder if ya need any fishing skill to fish eather one of the crab Nm. I had my pld try and fish up nahn using hylcon rod and fly lure but no luck on fishing um up His fishing skill was lvl 11
No skill required as far as I've heard.
generally speaking mobs require no skill to fish up and actually sorta fish themselves up a little. (ie there stamina goes down a little on it's own). Fishing skill will however help you slightly in differentiating between fish and mobs/items. Specifically easy to catch fish (due to having more skill) will tend to give more positive messages while monsters will tend to give more negative.

First time I went fishing I got NM first cast lol. But then I had no idea what was in the pond at that point and kinda wanted to see if there was any high lvl large fish.

Also to note if going for NM release anything with only 1 exclamation mark as that is either an item or small fish
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-15 14:31:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
where's the answers though @.@ I have some of those questions still new to the abyssea thing.

Well, I'm still cleaning it up, and double checking things, but here you go.
Quote:
Basic FAQs:

Q: How often can I get a stone? How long does it last? How many can I hold? What is my time limit in zone?
A: You can get one stone every 20 hours. Each stone is the equivalent of 30 minutes, unless you have a key item that extends each stone to 33 minutes.

You can have 3 stones in your possession at once, unless you have the key item that raises it to 4. You can only raise your time to 120 minutes in zone. Time extensions can raise your time past this, but when you exit the zone it will only save 120 minutes.

You cannot raise your time past 120 minutes in a single session in zone. If you zone in with 90 minutes, use a stone to raise it to 120, and then go back 30 minutes later, an additional stone will only add 1 minute. You must zone out and back in before adding additional stones.

The NPC accrues stones even if you do not collect them (if you wait a week, you'll get 7-8 stones in the same day, but only 3 at a time still).

Q: QQ! I lost my time!
A: Known reasons for losing time-
1) You logged out in Abyssea. The clock keeps ticking.
2) You zoned out of Abyssea without requesting visitant status
3) You got your visitant status, but didn't use a stone to extend it past your previous time remaining. (Not known if it is a bug or not, and not all players have this problem. GM reports it's working as intended. Might be another unknown variable in all the reports of it happening.)

Q: What's this conflux thingy?
A: Confluxes are used to teleport around each zone. You must unlock a conflux before you can teleport to or from it. Costs of unlocking range from 50 to 600 (increments of 50. #1-50, #2-100, #4-200, etc.). Costs of teleporting range from 60 to 130, and it is determined by distance to the confux you are teleporting to. Teleporting to Conflux #1 is always free.

Q: What is this glowing light I get after killing an enemy?
A: The current facts/theory -

How to get:
Azure = magic kill
Ruby = WS kills
Pearlescent = Melee kills
Golden/Silvery/Ebon/Amber = red chests

What the light effects:

Pearlescent: All sturdy pyxides will appear with greater frequency.
Azure: Blue pyxides will appear with greater frequency and yield superior spoils.
Ruby: Red pyxides will appear with greater frequency and yield superior spoils.
Amber: Gold pyxides will appear with greater frequency and yield superior spoils.
Golden: The adventurer will gain experience at an increased rate.
Silvery: The adventurer will obtain cruor at an increased rate.
Ebon: A small bonus will be granted to all colored light effects.

Multiple colors can be obtained at once, and each color will grow in intensity the more you acquire, granting even greater benefits.

Q: Ok, so what comes from each chest?
A: Current facts/theory -
Red = Lights
Blue = EXP, Cruor, temp items, time extensions, and restoration.
Gold = Various items (synth maths, scrolls, etc.), Augmented equipment, and key items.

There are also tiers to each chest. For blue chests, they start out as 250 EXP or 200 Cruor, and go up from there to 1250 EXP or 1000 Cruor. Time Extensions can not be obtained unless you are at the max tier for blue chests.

Golden increases exp at 5/10/15 intervals
Silver increases cruor at 1/2/3
Ebon increases exp 1/2/3 (and cruor+3 at the highest tier)

Note that if you replace a player, their kill shots will yield a lower tier chest until their lights are built up.

Q: So how do I get this uber XP that I keep hearing about?
A: The easiest way is with a balanced alliance. You can have a wide assortment of jobs and still do well as long as you can maintain a decent kill speed. Lower numbers will have a harder time maintaining a good drop rate on the time extension chests, though it has been done with as few as 8 players.

There are a couple methods that are suggested/recommended -
Go for azure kills until you reach the top tier, then focus on ruby, and then pearlescent.
Go for pearlescent kills for the first bit to get the chests started, then azure to top tier, then ruby / pearlescent.

Either method would work for an alliance. A low man group will have to find their 'magic numbers' so they know when the best time for them to switch would be.

Q: If I leave to change jobs or use merits, will my lights / XP reset?
A: Yes. If you get the kill shot after returning, you will receive lower tier chests again. You have to build your lights and experience chain back up to cap again..

Q: Do lights overwrite each other?
A: No.

Q: Is there a cap on EXP and Cruor that a mob can give?
A: 610 seems to be the current known 'hard cap' for EXP. The cap for Cruor is currently unknown though highest reported is ~80+ on Mandys. Cruor also varies from mob to mob. Enemies start out giving low XP, but as you kill them it goes up.

Q: Can I use my XP ring in Abyssea?

Q: Does Signet work in Abyssea?

Q: How do I get Atma?
A: Atma is dropped by certain NMs in each zone. While they are a random drop, triggering the bosses weakness increases your chances.

Q: What do you mean by weakness?
A: Certain spells, job abilities, and weapon skills will cause a !! to appear over the NMs head. There are currently three known colors. What each does has yet to be confirmed. However, it can either cause terror, lock (a) TP move(s), or something else. The cause of weakness appears to be random each time you fight the NM. Triggering the weakness multiple times in the same fight will eventually cause it to no longer trigger it.

Example - Gancanagh's weakness has been triggered by Flash, Box Step, and Tachi: Jinpu.

Q: So how bout those quests?
A: Here you go: http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Category:Vision_of_Abyssea_Quests

Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-07-15 14:33:57
Link | Quote | Reply

a it's very informative, but on Q. 1 you can also add how to get the key item which gives you a 4th stone and what it's called too D: idk either. but /saves info
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-15 14:35:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
a it's very informative, but on Q. 1 you can also add how to get the key item which gives you a 4th stone and what it's called too D: idk either. but /saves info
Like I said, it's not complete. Nobody has obtained the 4th stone key item yet, iirc.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-07-15 14:35:54
Link | Quote | Reply

argh okay, you making a blog for all this?
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-15 14:37:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
argh okay, you making a blog for all this?
I'm not sure where I'm going to put it. For right now I'm just putting it here, and once completed on my guildportal site for my Abyssea group.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-07-15 14:39:45
Link | Quote | Reply

theres blogspot.com if you wanted to try it, pretty easy to handle if you don't know about website design.

but anyways when you finish the infos and post it up on your guildportal site link it here i wanna look.

Thanks
By Wisestone 2010-07-15 14:43:18
Link | Quote | Reply

so anyone got any sugestions on rod ad bait for nahn Nm?
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-15 14:43:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
theres blogspot.com if you wanted to try it, pretty easy to handle if you don't know about website design.

but anyways when you finish the infos and post it up on your guildportal site link it here i wanna look.

Thanks
I already have a wordpress blog. I might as well post it there once I'm happy with it.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-15 14:49:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Wisestone said:
so anyone got any sugestions on rod ad bait for nahn Nm?
Anything should be able to catch it. The key would be trying to finding a bait that not as many fish bite to.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-15 14:49:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Quote:
Like I said, it's not complete. Nobody has obtained the 4th stone key item yet, iirc.

Someone in our group has gotten that key item.
Got from Quturb NM in canyon.

I don't have a screenshot of him obtaining the key item but I can have a screenshot of the key item in his menu later tonight if needed.
Ah, nice to know. A SS would be great, though I do believe you.

Edit: Does he have other key items as well?

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-15 14:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
I am not sure I'll ask about that.
Manananggal, right?

I think it's probably just random that he got it from that NM.

Post deleted by User.
 Midgardsormr.Soki
Server: Midgardsormr
user: soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2010-07-15 15:09:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I got in an ls for abyssea runs, they are doing a point system for drop and start looking for the NMs each run,
the last run, we ran to the worm from start, not there, ran back to fairies.
Let the leader attempt to fish up nahn and popped baba. Well we killed baba easy cause its an easy mob. They requested everyone rest to full before every pop, so we could get another baba pop. 2 kills reg fairies, pop item, rest to full again, kill baba
rinse repeat, so we killed 3 baba, and 5 reg fairies, at minute 75 of the run, the leader got the crab to pop. BUT... we had pulled another fairy, so instead of kiting and killing fairy, everyone ***themselves and started attacking the crab.
we wiped in 5
fairy and crab ran around finishing off mages

all the information is out there, abyssea is not just an nm pop area. With 18 people, point system, and wish lists 20 items deep, should I be doing this when the next cap lift is in 2 months and I don't want any of the drop items, the only things on my list are abyssites, and max, MAX cruor for when the 80+ gear is released
 Midgardsormr.Soki
Server: Midgardsormr
user: soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2010-07-15 15:10:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I BELIEVE this to all be true too

thanks for all the great info

The goal of runs should be farming 1 mob for 90 minutes
Getting to 600 exp/kill, max chest drop rate, chest pop items, and the 120+minute TE's
This can be done with an alliance in 45 minutes if the players are contributing to the party like in campaigns. If the kill shot is done by the member with high contributions, the chest will be better then a kill shot by some one not doing that much in the pt.
also breaking the kill chain of the same mob will reset that contribution set. Even if its the same mobs NM.
Kill like mad at first with melee/WS/magic kills to build up xp chain and chest pop rate. Disregard chest type and light.
Just kill merit style. 30-45 mins with xp @200 sounds like the magic number.

Once sufficiently up to speed focus Magic killshots to produce blue chest for TE.

Once time is built up focus on WS killshot for red chest for breaking gold chest light cap for xp/cur cap.

Azure light = magic kills (blue spells count as well even if they're physical)
Ruby light = WS kill
Pearlescent = Melee kill (includes jump and pet kills(at least SMN confirmed))

Pyxis Contents
• Blue Chests:
o Opened through Dial Twisting.
o Caused by Azure Lights.
o Contains: Temporary Items, Experience Points (250-1250), Cruor (200-1000), or Restoration Chests (Full Heal, Full MP, TP Restored to 300%, Abilities Reset), or Time Extension (10 Minutes).
o Higher Tiers result in higher quality temporary items, greater experience points, higher cruor, better restorations, and more time extensions.
• Red Chests:
o Opened through Pressure Adjustment.
o Caused by Ruby Lights.
o Contains: Ruby Light, Azure Light, Pearlescent Light, Ebon Light, Silvery Light, Golden Light
o Higher Tiers result in higher potency, and higher quality lights. (Ebon, Silvery, and Gold are high quality lights)
• Gold Chests:
o Opened Through Guessing Game.
o Caused by Pearlescent light
o Contents vary by sizes, Small and Large
 Small:
 Augmented Items, Temporary Items, equipment, crafting materials, and Notorious Monster forced spawn items.
 Large:
 Spell Scrolls, rare crafting materials, rarer NM forced spawn items and key items.

Azure light = magic kills (blue spells count as well even if they're physical)
Ruby light = WS kill
Pearlescent = Melee kill (includes jump and pet kills(at least SMN confirmed))

Lights
• Azure Light:
o Increases the drop rate of blue chests.
o Enhances the "tier" of blue chests. (Fewer temporary items, more experience points, cruor, and time extensions)
 Gained by dealing finishing blows with magic or from low tier red chests.
• Ruby Light:
o Increases the drop rate of red chests.
o Enhances the "tier" of red chests. (Higher quality lights, higher potency of lights.)
 Gained by dealing finishing blows with weaponskills or from low tier red chests.
• Pearlescent Light:
o Increases the chance to gain temporary items.
o Enhances the "tier" of temporary items.
 Gained by dealing the finishing blows with melee damage or from low tier red chests.
• Golden Light:
o Raises soft XP cap by 10
o Increases the drop rate of gold chests.
 Gained or from opening high tier red chests.
• Silver Light:
o Raises soft Cruor cap by 5
 Gained from or opening high tier red chests.
• Ebon Light:
o Raises soft EXP cap by 3 and Cruor cap by 1
• Amber Light:
o

Abyssite
• Azure Abyssite of Celerity - Renders the bearer's traverser stone more rapidly replenished.
• Azure Abyssite of Lenity - Reduces the experience penalty suffered by the bearer when incapacitated by the Abyssean hordes.
• Azure Abyssite of Merit - Increases in maximum HP and MP and other beneficial effects will gain greater potency.
• Azure Abyssite of Prosperity - The bearer will experience greater fortune with red treasure caskets in Abyssea.
• Azure Abyssite of the Reaper - Enemies in Abyssea will yield cruor in greater quantities.
• Ivory Abyssite of Acumen - Bestows the bearer with knowledge of Abyssean treasure casket locks.
• Ivory Abyssite of Confluence - Reduces the cruor cost of using veridical confluxes in Abyssea.
• Ivory Abyssite of Expertise - The bearer will be able to activate martellos more frequently.
• Ivory Abyssite of Fortune - The bearer will come upon treasure caskets more frequently in Abyssea.
• Ivory Abyssite of Sojourn - Enhances the potency of a traverser stone, allowing the bearer to abide in Abyssea for extended durations.
• Scarlet Abyssite of Furtherance - Attribute bonuses and other beneficial effects will gain greater potency.
• Scarlet Abyssite of Kismet - The bearer will experience greater fortune with blue treasure caskets in Abyssea.
• Scarlet Abyssite of Lenity - Reduces the experience penalty suffered by the bearer when incapacitated by the Abyssean hordes.
• Scarlet Abyssite of Perspicacity - The bearer will gain experience more readily in Abyssea.
• Scarlet Abyssite of Sojourn - Enhances the potency of a traverser stone, allowing the bearer to abide in Abyssea for extended durations.
• Viridian Abyssite of Avarice - Increases the quantity of traverser stones the bearer may possess.
• Viridian Abyssite of Destiny - The bearer will experience greater fortune with golden treasure caskets in Abyssea.
• Viridian Abyssite of Guerdon - The bearer will be granted temporary items upon receiving visitant status.
• Viridian Abyssite of Lenity - Reduces the experience penalty suffered by the bearer when incapacitated by the Abyssean hordes.
• Viridian Abyssite of Merit - Increases HP and MP and other beneficial effects.
• Lunar Abyssite - Allows the bearer to be infused with the power of a single Atma.

[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 ... 36 37 38