Abyssea
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 ... 36 37 38
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2010-07-15 23:11:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Does the exp bands work in abyssea? (sorry if that was asked already)
 Alexander.Temaruma
Server: Alexander
user: Temarumaz
By Alexander.Temaruma 2010-07-15 23:12:31
Link | Quote | Reply

No they don't
 Bismarck.Khiinroye
Server: Bismarck
user: Khiinroye
By Bismarck.Khiinroye 2010-07-15 23:12:32
Link | Quote | Reply

They do not, nor does corsair's roll.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-16 01:35:55
Link | Quote | Reply

So can't find alot of info on wiki about quest. And since some of the higher rank ones get cool key items I kinda want to rank up.

A few have info alot don't. And while they mostly say repeatable I find myself unable to repeat the 2 I tried that supposedly are even after zoning.

So how do I repeat them? And any tips on quick rank up for each zone
Server: Siren
user: beesknees
By Siren.Screamingbabies 2010-07-16 02:11:34
Link | Quote | Reply

So I dont know if you guys have seen this yet, but how about that Flask of Primeval Brew?

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Developer_Q%26A:_Abyssea
By Tanduran 2010-07-16 02:18:25
Link | Quote | Reply

We finished yesterday 70-90 min the mandys with blm nuke. And received only 3TE. I thought we can stay this way long time in Abyssea because magic kill = azure light = blue chests = more TE.

When have u got max tier of blue chests/azure light?
If u magic kill a mob after 90 min u receive always a little bit azure light.
 Asura.Tristean
Server: Asura
user: Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-07-16 02:19:02
Link | Quote | Reply

that's not real... can't be...

can it grant us 9999hp too?! because that'd be awesome sauce.

edit: Thank you SE for adding those two updates in the next version update. Did you read my thread? You know... the one that got rated down for god knows what reason?
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-16 07:35:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Screamingbabies said:
So I dont know if you guys have seen this yet, but how about that Flask of Primeval Brew?

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Developer_Q&A:_Abyssea
Quote:
What is the colored light you obtain after defeating an enemy in Abyssea? Do the light colors have anything to do with the different colored chests that can appear when a monster is defeated?

There are seven varieties of light obtainable, each providing a unique benefit to the player. Their effects are as follows:

* Pearlescent: All sturdy pyxides will appear with greater frequency.
* Azure: Blue pyxides will appear with greater frequency and yield superior spoils.
* Ruby: Red pyxides will appear with greater frequency and yield superior spoils.
* Amber: Gold pyxides will appear with greater frequency and yield superior spoils.
* Golden: The adventurer will gain experience at an increased rate.
* Silvery: The adventurer will obtain cruor at an increased rate.
* Ebon: A small bonus will be granted to all colored light effects.

Multiple colors can be obtained at once, and each color will grow in intensity the more you acquire, granting even greater benefits. Use them well and these prismatic boons just might be the key to your survival in the harsh environs of Abyssea!

What is the the Flask of Primeval Brew? 2,000,000 cruor is quite a lot for a single item! It would be nice to know what it does before buying it!

Adventurers who quaff a flask of primeval brew will find themselves possessed of transcendent powers for a span of three Earth minutes.

While the deepest secrets of this beatific beverage are not for us to reveal, its benefits include a +999 boost to all attributes, Regen and Refresh that restore 300 points of HP/MP every three seconds, and other effects sure to bewilder even the most brutal Abyssean fiends.

Aside from the questions we received this time, we’d like to take this opportunity to announce two system enhancements that will be coming to Abyssea in the next version update. We will be adding a way for players to check their cruor supply, as well as the amount of time before they can obtain another traverser stone.

And of course, the upcoming Scars of Abyssea and Heroes of Abyssea promise to offer even tougher challenges and richer rewards—don’t miss them!

So Amber and Ebon were slightly off on the community's theories.

Wonder what kind of megaboss they're going to throw at us that will require the use of that brew. Should be fun.
 Shiva.Lorielain
Server: Shiva
user: Atrithk
By Shiva.Lorielain 2010-07-16 07:54:43
Link | Quote | Reply

So...the lights don't overwrite each other? How long do these tiers last?
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-16 07:57:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Lorielain said:
No, this was already established before. They last until you zone.
 Shiva.Lorielain
Server: Shiva
user: Atrithk
By Shiva.Lorielain 2010-07-16 09:31:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Shiva.Lorielain said:
No, this was already established before. They last until you zone.
IO was under the impression that they overwrote and lasted only a few mintues before they wore, requiring you to keep murdering mobs.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-16 09:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Updated the known drops list.

New adds are:

Item NM
Hochomasamune Ruminator
Savant's Treatise Guimauve
Serpentes Sabots Brooder

Please note that I have yet to see SS proof of the Serpentes Sabots drop, but sources are good enough to list it for confirmation.

I've also adjusted the table's formatting so you can now sort by NM or item name.
 Asura.Rinkydink
Server: Asura
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-07-16 09:39:07
Link | Quote | Reply

hell SHIIIITTT

gimme savants nomnomnom
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-16 13:09:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
So can't find alot of info on wiki about quest. And since some of the higher rank ones get cool key items I kinda want to rank up.

A few have info alot don't. And while they mostly say repeatable I find myself unable to repeat the 2 I tried that supposedly are even after zoning.

/shameless bump
 Midgardsormr.Soki
Server: Midgardsormr
user: soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2010-07-16 13:20:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:

/shameless bump

you can buy rank in abyssea for 24$ a level
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-16 13:21:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:

/shameless bump
There's a couple guides for La Theine, and ones still being made for the other two zones. Lemme find em.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-16 13:24:09
Link | Quote | Reply

BG said:
Willow Rod Quest! If you want to conserve Abyssea time, I think this is provides the best fame gotten:abyssea time ratio

You will need confluxes 1,4 and 6 in Lathiene. To do this the fastest possible way and using the least amount of Abyssea time, i suggest setting your homepoint in West Ronf at the Lathiene zone. I also recommend a job that has 12% movement speed and some kind of refresh so you dont have to rest too much for warp mp.

1) Buy Willow Rods from NPC in town. Make sure you leave 1 inventory spot open because the quest giver will give you a broken rod.
2) Enter Abys-Lathiene and get visitant status. Use conflux #1 to warp to #4
3) Flag the quest at #4. Use #4 to warp to #6.
4) Trade Willow Rod to NPC at #6 and warp out.
5) Repeat

The time spent per quest inside Abyssea should only be about 1min. Each rank up takes 10 trades. Running from the homepoint back to the maw takes about 1min. 50 trades total. About 50min of your abyssea time and 100min of your time irl.

Dont worry about cruor costs for warping. Each completed quest only uses up 24 (68 and 76 for confluxes, but 120 quest reward).

I only used 59min total inside abyssea. That includes the initial run to get confluxes 4 and 6. Also includes doing the actual abyssite quest chasing down the guy. The abyssite quest gives 1k cruor which cuts your total cruor loss to 200.
BG said:
Fame info:

Completed Gift of Light twice.
Completed Upgrading of Martellos (not Replenishing) once.
Completed The Angling Armourer ~40 times (mainly using AH bought Rusty Kunai)
Completed Water of Life once.
Completed Explosive Endeavors once.
Completed Unbreak his Heart 3 times (Willow Rod quest).

This was enough to get my Fame Lv6, the level needed for Out of Touch and the subsequent yummy Scarlet Abyssite of Kismet which increases blue casket drop rate.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-16 13:26:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah for la theine I can just fish it all. Pretty easy to do and don't need to waste cruor which I'm short on warping over and over.

It's mostly the other zones that have like hardly any info that need helps
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-16 13:30:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Yeah for la theine I can just fish it all. Pretty easy to do and don't need to waste cruor which I'm short on warping over and over.

It's mostly the other zones that have like hardly any info that need helps
I'm still looking for decent info to give you on the others.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-16 13:31:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Updated the known drops list.

New add is:

Item NM
Ravager's Gorget Balaur
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-16 13:35:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Tahrongi:
BG said:
I Dont know if its been stated directly, but to move from Fame 0 to Fame 1 you have to do His Box his Beloved 1x and Weapons not Worries 7 times.
Quote:
Savory Salvation
Talk to Piketo-Puketo at F-9 near conflux3. He gives you the key-item vial of flower-wower fertilizer. Travel east of conflux4 to the borderline of G/H-7. Down on the path is a "Gnarled Root" target, check it to apply the fertilizer. Now trek just slightly up the ledge to the tree above and check the "Fragmented Nutshell" target to recieve a "Tahrongi Tree Nut" key-item. Return it to Piketo-Puketo at F-9 for 200 cruor reward. Quest is repeatable.

Bringing Down the Mountain
Talk to Diegai at the border of H/I-7 near conflux7. Now travel to J-8 and speak to Baladanzo. Defeat Bog Body Qutrub mobs around J-5 until they drop a "Gunpowder Swathe" item. Return to Baladanzo and trade him the gunpowder. He requests multiple gunpowders but I'm not sure how many are needed yet to finish. Probably 3. Reward unknown. Quest isn't repeatable.
Quote:
Just hit level 2 fame in Tahrongi. So far I think I have completed about 3 unique quests and 15 repeats. His Box His Beloved, Weapons Not Worries x12, and Savory Salvation x5. And then Refuel and Replenish once if it counts.

Made me able to flag 2 new quests "For Love of a Daughter" and "A Sterling Specimen". Both repeatable quests.

For Love of a Daughter
Speak to Baha Mannohl at H-4 near conflux 5. Then check the Tahrongi Cactus during night at F-6 to get the key item "cup of Tahrongi cactus water". Now return to Baha for a 300 cruor reward.

Didn't finish A Sterling Specimen yet. Have to talk to Ohbiru-Dohbiru at H-7 near conflux 7. Then ask to help his research. Now talk to Kenapa-Keppa just a little east of conflux7 around I-7. He gives you a key item "bucket of compound compost". Head west of the NPC area a little to H-7 and find the "lycopodium rootprint" target. Check it to spawn a Rubicund Adenium mandragora mob.

Konschtat:
Quote:
What I find very off is that in Abyssea - Konschtat there are literally 0 repeatable quests accessible with level 1 fame (actually there are none at all) aside from the Martello one, but lets not kid ourselves.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-16 13:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

OH yeah and can you think of any reason I couldn't repeat some supposedly repeatable quest?
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-16 13:40:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
OH yeah and can you think of any reason I couldn't repeat some supposedly repeatable quest?
Which one?

Edit: I'm assuming you know that you have to zone on certain ones before repeating.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-16 13:42:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Which one? Edit: I'm assuming you know that you have to zone on certain ones before repeating.
Specifically the first 2 you posted for tahrongi. And yeah I even went back to jueno once
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-16 13:46:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Which one? Edit: I'm assuming you know that you have to zone on certain ones before repeating.
Specifically the first 2 you posted for tahrongi. And yeah I even went back to jueno once

"His Box, His Precious" isn't repeatable.

"Weapons, Not Worries" should only require you to zone out and back in.

"Savory Salvation" is the same and you should only have to zone to redo it.

I'm not sure what the problem would be if it's not working for you.
 Leviathan.Punku
Server: Leviathan
user: bakura555
By Leviathan.Punku 2010-07-16 14:04:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Just saying thank you to everyone for your information <3
 Fenrir.Elytonas
Server: Fenrir
user: Elytonas
By Fenrir.Elytonas 2010-07-16 17:12:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone knows when you can do some decent dmg and get nice EXP in Abyssea? Looking forward to lvl my BLU in there and would go in with ~lvl73, but I don't know if the dmg/exp on this lvl sucks

Thanks in advance
 Midgardsormr.Soki
Server: Midgardsormr
user: soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2010-07-16 17:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Elytonas said:
Anyone knows when you can do some decent dmg and get nice EXP in Abyssea? Looking forward to lvl my BLU in there and would go in with ~lvl73, but I don't know if the dmg/exp on this lvl sucks

Thanks in advance
at 80 you still see vt and everything seems to have bad aoes for solo, i hear some random EM are mixed in with their group though

bird pt 20k an hour to 77, abyssea farm pt, 60k an hour to 80 IMO
 Alexander.Temaruma
Server: Alexander
user: Temarumaz
By Alexander.Temaruma 2010-07-16 23:32:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anybody else ever had problems tiering up your Ruby Light?

In the middle of a run atm and it is rather annoying as it just won't tier up for golden light chests. We have been sitting at 400xp/kill for an hour almost.
Server: Siren
user: beesknees
By Siren.Screamingbabies 2010-07-17 02:55:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Temaruma said:
Has anybody else ever had problems tiering up your Ruby Light?

In the middle of a run atm and it is rather annoying as it just won't tier up for golden light chests. We have been sitting at 400xp/kill for an hour almost.

bump. cause im wondering the same thing
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 ... 36 37 38