Game: FFXI
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-04-24 17:35:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Everybody should just come to Asura and play together <3
[+]
By Dodik 2024-04-24 17:55:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey now, I wouldn't wish playing on Asura to my worst enemy.
[+]
Server: Asura
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-04-24 18:02:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Dodik said: »
Hey now, I wouldn't wish playing on Asura to my worst enemy.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/W_OiHHCshg0
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-04-24 19:04:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
If nobody pushes back on [X] cheat, then [X] cheat eventually becomes accepted as standard and referenced in every discussion the same way gearswap has. That's how culture shifts.
Yeah and the people who are supposed to be doing that are The Special Task Force. The culture shifted because the bans stopped. The bans stopped because it was financially a win to let cheaters play and not employ people to police them, much cheaper to just say that they do.

The culture was different when the ship was tight. It's still a fun game to play, and you're allowed to play it however you want so long as you pay a sub because ToS is a suggestion and won't be enforced.
[+]
By Godfry 2024-04-24 19:18:24
Link | Quote | Reply

This one is a banger!
[+]
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-04-24 19:19:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Godfry said: »

This one is a banger!

wish youtube shorts posted with the same embed preview as normal vids :(
By K123 2024-04-24 20:28:45
Link | Quote | Reply

A significant portion of the NA+Asura playerbase has decided they want a mobile game equivalent that gives you rewards for clicking a few buttons, with no thought planning or coordination required.
This is readily apparent when looking at the attitude toward V20/V25, Sortie, ASE assaults, any momentary inconvenience. But, that's not how the game is designed. That's not how most Japanese players or non-posters think and play. So, there's push back against it.
Other than knockblock on Kalunga and Bumba (probably others) there's not really any hsx which help Odyssey much? Nothing to stun bot or React.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-04-24 20:35:11
Link | Quote | Reply

K123 said: »
Other than knockblock on Kalunga and Bumba (probably others) there's not really any hsx which help Odyssey much? Nothing to stun bot or React.
Yea, and the attitude toward Odyssey V20/V25 is that it's too hard and not to bother if you haven't already done it. Or, to demand nerfs over and over in every thread they get mentioned. So, back to not wanting coordination thought or planning required.

Phoenix.Iocus said: »
The culture shifted because the bans stopped. The bans stopped because it was financially a win to let cheaters play and not employ people to police them, much cheaper to just say that they do.
This sort of comment is just downright harmful, because most people take public impression as fact. Bans still happen. I know players who've been banned in the last month, and the month before that, and the month before that, and so on. They are obviously much more sparse than in the past, I agree.

It used to be that speedhacking in front of a stranger would get you a GM call and a ban in an hour. Now, you might get away with it for months. But, you're still likely to be hit eventually. Telling people they don't ban at all is just encouraging others to go wild and then :shockedpikachu: when they do eventually get hit.
[+]
By Draylo 2024-04-24 20:41:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Such a sad state of things, I blame SE. But sometimes we have to look at the community and see a lot of people took SEs lack of care to heart and changed their whole philosophy towards the game, just sad all around I guess. You really do just have to stop sometimes and wonder, what is even the point if you are automating literally everything and demanding people in PUGs do it or they can't join. Sometimes you have to just enjoy the moment and content as it was intended and not with cheats activated 24/7. Altho I know how tempting it can be to skip grinds, when theres nothing coming fast whats the point in rushing.
[+]
By jubes 2024-04-24 21:32:23
Link | Quote | Reply

cheating has been an integral part of ffxi from day one, but both the players and SE view it much differently now. we used to name and shame LS that used claim bots and it was big news/drama. now we're old and jaded and nothing phases us any more. can't go back to those days even if we wanted to. i try not to be pessimistic if i can, but i don't see things changing easily.

out of curiousity i went and looked up the initial release date of EF, it was 2014. almost half of the game's life and nothing of consequence done about it, and that's just one of many tools.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-04-24 21:49:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Telling people they don't ban at all is just encouraging others to go wild and then :shockedpikachu: when they do eventually get hit.
By Zehira 2024-04-24 22:00:53
Link | Quote | Reply

jubes said: »
we used to name and shame LS that used claim bots

That's kinda what happened when people decided to go multiboxing to hide their true identities. Even I didn't know who those characters truly belong to, I personally called them ghosts.
By Dubaiii 2024-04-24 23:24:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Cheat > get banned > buy new character > Repeat.
profit to all parties involved.

The dumb thing nowadays cheaters are exposing themsleves with pride, then jump server change name multiple times to avoid being banned.

Phoenix.Iocus said: »
Yeah and the people who are supposed to be doing that are The Special Task Force. The culture shifted because the bans stopped. The bans stopped because it was financially a win to let cheaters play and not employ people to police them, much cheaper to just say that they do.

Stop spreading wrong information to normalize cheating/boting and saying that Special task force are not doing their job, as shown by data below plus source:-

Date////////////account banneds /// Gil
1/2024 - 3/31/2024 / 519 / Approx. 22.1 billion
2/1/2024 - 2/29/2024 / 549 / Approx. 22.7 billion
1/1/2024 - 1/31/2024 / 692 / Approx. 32.1 billion
12/1/2023 - 12/31/2023 / 999 / Approx
Source
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-04-25 06:39:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Dubaiii said: »
Stop spreading wrong information to normalize cheating/boting and saying that Special task force are not doing their job, as shown below plus source:-

Date account banneds Gil
1/2024 - 3/31/2024 519 Approx. 22.1 billion
2/1/2024 - 2/29/2024 549 Approx. 22.7 billion
1/1/2024 - 1/31/2024 692 Approx. 32.1 billion
12/1/2023 - 12/31/2023 999 Approx
Source

They made a more robust chat filter so we don't have to see the CP/EP bots in chat if we take the time to use it instead of getting rid of the actual bots. Then they put out a report that says they did something monthly instead of actually doing something because it fools gullible people. There are 6 stacks at every good farming spot that don't stop farming all day. STF isn't enforcing ToS. They are the reason that we have tons of bots and cheaters, because they don't exist in the capacity that those reports suggest. They might have automated systems that 1 person reviews monthly, but it's bots watching for other bots at best.

Dev team, less than 6 people. STF and GMs, somehow more than 6 people and doing a great job because they put out a report monthly?

I understand most people would like things to be how it was, myself included, but that isn't how things are and it's literally because SE not putting money into this game.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-04-25 08:13:15
Link | Quote | Reply

It's always people with no actual information trumpeting this ***. Go into any discord that shares bots, there are people talking about being banned all the time. They banned the chinese sparks farming bots within 24 hours of creation enough times that they stopped trying at the end of last year. The numbers there reflect that; once the sparks bots stopped creating chars the ban amount dropped by several hundred per month.

Go back a couple months on this forum:
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/57680/where-the-bots-at/

They don't ban as much as they should or could. The game is full of botters. But, that doesn't mean an individual bot is impervious. If you're botting or cheating(especially speed) on your 15 year old character, you're gambling against losing the entire thing, and it's malicious to represent the situation in any other way.

I sell starter characters, a considerable portion of the people buying from me outright mention they're replacing an account they got banned unprompted. Just because you don't see it in your circle doesn't mean it isn't happening.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-04-25 09:18:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Being that its way off topic;

Quote:
They don't ban as much as they should
Understatement

While bans do happen, any individuals exposure to risk is 1/50000. Would consider that to be acceptable. Especially considering the only penalty for getting picked is inability to have an idris on the new account immediately. If that account isn't a geo, doesn't matter all that much.

(If you're dumb enough to risk an account that made a prime/v25, that's a different story)*
((Although I wonder why you would start a new character anyway even though it's extremely simple to get operational, why bother playing))
By Dodik 2024-04-25 09:20:12
Link | Quote | Reply

They most definitely do still ban, and I know several NA launch characters that thought they were safe doing what they were doing until they got perma-d.

Some things have automated monitoring. Some things have thresholds of how many times you can do them before you get auto-papped.

Initially the auto-pap will just kick you out to login screen with some error. Keep doing it and you get temp ban.

This auto-pap also varies between instanced zones and non-instanced zones. The auto-pap will not trigger in some instanced zones and you get a temp ban instead.

Some instanced zones are known to not have monitoring for things that do have monitoring elsewhere. Until you get papped.

Any of that stuff is a risk. If you know the thresholds of the automated monitoring you can maybe skirt under the radar so to speak, but it's still a risk.

Weigh the age of your character and how much you value the time you put into it vs the reward from saving how ever much time you save by doing whatever you are doing.

Choice is yours.

On Topic - I am wondering if any of the Prime WS have hidden attack bonuses like some other WS do.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2024-04-25 09:59:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I've not seen anything with GS, Staff, or Dagger that leads me to believe that there is at least on those WS.
 Bahamut.Noscrying
Server: Bahamut
user: NoScrying
By Bahamut.Noscrying 2024-04-25 10:05:55
Link | Quote | Reply

As an example, Sam solo DD on Kei. Everyone and their mother knows that is only possible with <cheatY>.

What cheat is it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPx62dK9ml4&t=10s

Unless you're talking about Gearswap, then ok.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2024-04-25 10:06:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Initially the auto-pap will just kick you out to login screen with some error. Keep doing it and you get temp ban.

4006 will not get you banned, I know someone who was doing testing with a throw away and had thousands of 4006's and still no ban. There is very little "auto-ban" in FFXI, instead there are two general ways. First is the STFU anti-RMT team, they use automated tools to scan through the activity logs and look for RMT activity and if sufficiently triggered they launch an investigation into it. They nuke RMT all the time and are the reason RMT use throw always for moving gil while keeping the invested accounts stationary. Yes they are botting but the successful ones are not AFK botting. Instead they have multiple members taking turns monitoring 3~5+ groups of ML bots. Anyone pings them and someone is close by to answer.

The second group are SE's version of GM's that now do both FFXI and FFXIV. They rely almost exclusively on reports, player A does something, player B see's them and files an online report against them. Enough reports come in triggers a GM to look into it, GM can see if player A is doing something bad and initiates the suspension action. Running super fast or doing dumb things out in public with people you don't know is going to get you nuked.
By Dodik 2024-04-25 10:18:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Noscrying said: »

What cheat is it?

You know what cheat it is since you are using it. No I won't say it.

It's the one that lets you move during animations, commando. You know, the animation lock that everyone likes to pretend is not in the game because said cheat has been normalised.

Seriously, this is the problem. You even have a YT video of you doing it and still pretend to not know what I am talking about.

Pathetic.
 Bahamut.Noscrying
Server: Bahamut
user: NoScrying
By Bahamut.Noscrying 2024-04-25 10:22:11
Link | Quote | Reply

What cheat is it?

It's the one that lets you move during animations, commando. You know, the animation lock that everyone likes to pretend is not in the game because said cheat has been normalised.

Seriously, this is the problem. You even have a YT video of you doing it and still pretend to not know what I am talking about.

Pathetic.
I honestly don't think JAzero is a cheat it didn't occur to me you were talking about that,I use it cause getting animation locked when pulling 20+ mobs until you die in Abyssea is stupid, but that you do, and feel so strongly to insult me like that, I'm sorry?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2024-04-25 10:23:10
Link | Quote | Reply

What cheat is it?

Pathetic.
I honestly don't think JAzero is a cheat,I use it cause getting animation locked when pulling 20+ mobs until you die in Abyssea is stupid, but that you do, and feel so strongly to insult me like that, I'm sorry?

Gotta be a certified member of PS2 Gang!
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-04-25 10:24:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the issue is that many of the people doing SAM solo DPS on Kei range fullers (you don't in that video from what I can see). It's impossible to do that without using it, because you can't reliably trigger it in the first place without WSing and the WS will lock you in place until you get hit and die.

A strategy like yours based on eating it is fine, but that's not what Dodik was referring to.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-04-25 10:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

You're literally making his point that everyone has normalized it.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Samuraiking
user: bossgalka
By Carbuncle.Samuraiking 2024-04-25 10:27:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
I've not seen anything with GS, Staff, or Dagger that leads me to believe that there is at least on those WS.

This entire page has devolved into a discourse about botting/banning, so I have no idea what this is even in relation to without context. There is at least what on those ws?
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-04-25 10:28:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh...I'm not sure it's 100% impossible to do without JA0 (which is obviously a cheat...are you insane?).

I think you could get him close to the % (which you can see because you're a cheater, but that's beyond the point) and then trigger the % WHILE HE'S DOING ANOTHER WS or spell. This will delay his fullers until he finishes his current animation, during which time you can run out to 11.

I haven't actually tried this, but I think in theory it's possible. Would require this tricky maneuver to be pulled off 4 times flawlessly and a missed WS could get you killed, but it might be possible.
[+]
By Dodik 2024-04-25 10:30:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah yeah <cheatX> is not a cheat because everyone does it. I swear Ma Johnie from down the street told me so. Just stfu.

Anyway, Prime WS. I want to run some testing because I got some weirdly high numbers without any attack buffs on lvl 135 mobs leading me to wonder if any prime WS have attack bonuses.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2024-04-25 10:33:39
Link | Quote | Reply

On Topic - I am wondering if any of the Prime WS have hidden attack bonuses like some other WS do.

Sorry, I was responding to this question.

I have not seen anything to indicate any kind of attack bonus for GS, Staff, or Dagger prime WS.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-04-25 10:33:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
I think you could get him close to the % (which you can see because you're a cheater, but that's beyond the point) and then trigger the % WHILE HE'S DOING ANOTHER WS or spell. This will delay his fullers until he finishes his current animation, during which time you can run out to 11.

I haven't actually tried this, but I think in theory it's possible. Would require this tricky maneuver to be pulled off 4 times flawlessly and a missed WS could get you killed, but it might be possible.

Maybe theoretically possible, but it's more complicated than just waiting until he starts a cast or WS because of the regen and your first 2 WS being reduced by 99%(shield won't go down until you form a SC). So, you likely need him to already be in a SC window at the time he starts something, which means managing his regen and HP as well.

If a LS member who uses it goes out and demonstrates without mentioning it, it's going to be effectively impossible. Don't forget anchor either, since relying on specific trust positioning doesn't go well with having to reposition every time you get knocked back.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 65 66 67 68 69