2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Sortie Release - Info
Sortie Release - Info
First Page 2 3 ... 155 156 157 158 159
By Godfry 2024-05-16 19:18:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Reshii said: »
I wondered if this method was an option. We've been focused on clearing so we haven't experimented yet. Last night was our quickest kill though, which just happened to be the first run Taint wasn't dispelled.

I think maybe you guys are all just getting pretty good at killing it, so efficiency goes up in general. Of course Taint's damage contribute, but I think if he gets dispelled, put up phalanx and stoneskin up as he runs back to position for rolls and songs, the damage loss won't be too bad. If the cor lands on a bad roll, just wait for resets to re-apply them.

One tip: make sure your bards applies and re-applies Shellcrush. It does make a huge difference.
[+]
 Fenrir.Velner
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2024-05-16 20:13:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Godfry said: »
Asura.Lunafreya said: »
Nah BRD is doing SV songs after pull. The COR is putting up tactician's pre-pull though because we fish for an 11, and that's the more vital thing to not-lose.

I recommend you guys try rolling after pull, while PLD is bringing aminon to a corner. If you get a bad roll, randoms and wild will help fix that pretty quickly (as DNC calls for resets).

In our group, by the time Aminon makes it to the door, everyone is already buffed and ready to go.

This is what our group has always done. We always buff right after the dispel. By the time he's in place and settled, buffs are pretty much done.
[+]
By Godfry 2024-05-16 22:39:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Velner said: »
This is what our group has always done. We always buff right after the dispel. By the time he's in place and settled, buffs are pretty much done.

We got a lot of what we do from watching your videos... lol.
[+]
By Tathamet 2024-05-27 21:29:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a specific distance you can engage Aminon that is close enough for weaponskills/steps but far away enough not to melee it?
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-27 21:31:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Clintbeastwood said: »
I know I'm late on this, but specifically regarding Aminon HM, you can face Aminon at ~5.2y-5.3y to both land steps and hit WSs without being in auto range.
By Tathamet 2024-05-27 21:40:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks- seems it may be more than just that after some testing. On tarus at least I had to get closer to 4.5 to be in range.

I imagine it may depend on your race, maybe even your size?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-27 21:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Model size and mob size will alter it by just a bit. You'll have to tinker.
 Valefor.Philemon
Server: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2024-05-27 22:28:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Godfry said: »
One tip: make sure your bards applies and re-applies Shellcrush. It does make a huge difference.
I've never once landed the defense down effect. Is your BRD actually landing it?
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2024-05-27 23:33:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Philemon said: »
I've never once landed the defense down effect. Is your BRD actually landing it?

I highly doubt it unless they are using a RUN tank who's applying Rayke. Only Darkness based debuffs land easily on Aminon when it hasn't used an elemental TP move. That's the only reason the TP denial stat works in the first place. Every other element (Defense Down is Wind Based) has an incredibly high resistance rank.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2024-05-28 01:00:04
Link | Quote | Reply

What Toma said is absolutely true but I think there must be some exceptions since our BRD usually manages to land Dark Threnody fine, Dark Threnody is light based. Granted that BRD have access to NiTro which doubles their macc so...

On RDM I could easily land Slow2 and Para2 (well not exactly "easily", it usually takes some immunobreaks to lower its resistance ranks to be able to land them).
Blind2 takes me some immunobreaks as well despite being dark based.
Honestly I doubt it even makes a difference, which physical attacks does Aminon even have?
I've never managed to land Distract without Stymie instead, despite me tryin very hard and reading that someone manages to land it once per fight without Stymie.
Frazzle instead follows the model Toma described and lands on first cast all the time.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2024-05-28 01:01:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Tathamet said: »
Is there a specific distance you can engage Aminon that is close enough for weaponskills/steps but far away enough not to melee it?
Yes, someone mentioned the exact distance needed a few pages ago.
Was it Clintbeastwood?

Keep in mind that, if I'm not wrong, this number will be subject to change according to your character model (small/medium/large and race too have an impact, but I could be wrong hey)
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2024-05-28 06:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Honestly I doubt it even makes a difference, which physical attacks does Aminon even have?

Aminon for those that don't know has 3 different melee attacks that are all magic based aoes.

When we start the fight with Soul Voice, Bolster, Chaos, Last Resort, I'm always at 9000+ attack plus Light Shotted Dia 3, Frailty, and Box step on top of that lowering it's defense. I hit for all 99999s. So mostly likely they are already attacked capped on Aminion, at least at the start, so your point still is valid. It wouldn't make a difference even if it stuck imo.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2024-05-28 06:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello said: »
Aminon for those that don't know has 3 different melee attacks that are all magic based aoes
Exactly!
To my knowledge most (all?) of his attacks are magic based, as such landing Blind on Aminon would be completely pointless.
Not sure if he has any other melee attack that's physical based? Or maybe his attacks are hybrid and have a physical check before the magical damage?
I don't really know but I'm leaning to think that Blind is useless on Aminon.

To get back on topic:
Def Down could be useful (especially for people who go without DNC main) but I'm really skeptic on it landing at all.
If anybody has any experience in seeing the "Def down wears off" in the chat log from any WS that produces Def Down, I'd be very willing to hear all about it.
By Taint 2024-05-28 08:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Blind is not doing anything for sure. He has two non-elemental attacks and one dark based.

Seperate:
With perfect phalanx and a capped MDB set I'm not sure you even need stoneskin for him. I forgot SS a few runs ago and he hit me for 0,0,6,0. I was missing 5 potential Phalanx+ and didn't have all my MDB gear on when it happened. At some point in the future I want to test out my theory.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-28 08:29:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Dark Threnody II lands because Aminon's resistance ranks for his current element AND the opposite element are lowered.

Quote:
Aminon has a resistance ranking of 5% for any element that isn't corresponding to it's last TP move (Light, Dark, etc), a ranking of 150% for the corresponding element (Fire after Demonfire, etc), and 70% rank to it's current elemental weakness.
[+]
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2024-05-28 08:35:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Tathamet said: »
Yes, someone mentioned the exact distance needed a few pages ago.
Was it Clintbeastwood?

Keep in mind that, if I'm not wrong, this number will be subject to change according to your character model (small/medium/large and race too have an impact, but I could be wrong hey)

I do 5.1 yalms for steps and haven’t swung at Aminon once.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2024-05-28 09:16:10
Link | Quote | Reply

You can never really know about the defense down, but as the dnc in Godfry's group, I can say that when our brd started doing Shellcrusher my WS avg went up significantly over the course of the fight. I went from mid 70ks to 85-88k for aminon.
 Valefor.Philemon
Server: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2024-05-28 11:01:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
You can never really know about the defense down, but as the dnc in Godfry's group, I can say that when our brd started doing Shellcrusher my WS avg went up significantly over the course of the fight. I went from mid 70ks to 85-88k for aminon.
3k TP Shell Crusher should result in a 9-minute defense down effect but I've combed the logs after every Aminon fight. No defense down effect wearing off.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-28 11:45:29
Link | Quote | Reply

3k TP Shell Crusher should result in a 9-minute defense down effect but I've combed the logs after every Aminon fight. No defense down effect wearing off.

Unless every one of your fights was shorter than 9 minutes, this is (in my opinion) definitive proof that Shell Crusher does not put defense down on Aminon.

Is there a filter applied that would prevent this message from appearing in the chat log? I don't have such filters applied, but maybe you do? I doubt it, just trying to be thorough.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2024-05-28 13:44:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »

Unless every one of your fights was shorter than 9 minutes, this is (in my opinion) definitive proof that Shell Crusher does not put defense down on Aminon.

Is there a filter applied that would prevent this message from appearing in the chat log? I don't have such filters applied, but maybe you do? I doubt it, just trying to be thorough.

Since I'm not the one applying it, I'll never see it. Just saying that I saw a correlary output increase when he started doing it. It could totally just be me getting better at DNC. I don't know.
By Finan 2024-05-28 16:50:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I have tested it multiple times and shell crusher does not land at all (I am the brd in the group btw). granted my tests were done on hard mode not regular Aminon so i can't speak for normal mode.

you should very easily hit attack cap anyways without it so long as all the standard debuffs are done correctly.

we do tact+Misers with Soul Voice Double Mad + Minuet + Aria + Honor March.

Dia III 20.31% + Light Shot 2.73% = 23.04% total
Box Step 10 23%
Geo Frailty BoG + Ecliptic = 73.15% / 2 (bubble nerf) = 36.575%

23.04% + 23% + 36.575% = 82.615% defense down during BoG/Ecliptic Bubble

Bolstered Geo Frailty = 83.6% / 2 (bubble nerf) = 41.8%

23.04% + 23% + 41.8% = 87.84% defense down during Bolster Bubble

Our dancer averages 90k with those buffs/debuffs.
[+]
By Taint 2024-05-30 07:01:57
Link | Quote | Reply

They key to WS averages is 6 different WSs being fired off beyond the above posts buffs.

The wall post seems 100% accurate. I swapped from Excal to Reikiko to help get off more WSs and our DNCs averages have gone way up. Last night he was over 96k with a stage3 dagger.
 Phoenix.Gavroches
Server: Phoenix
user: gavroches
By Phoenix.Gavroches 2024-05-30 07:43:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I keep reading about that reikiko for a PLD regain set, what other (regain?!?) piece and what WS do you use?
 Bismarck.Xagashi
Server: Bismarck
user: Xagashi
By Bismarck.Xagashi 2024-05-30 08:10:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I doubt there is any other regain gear the PLD is using. More likely just relying on the +30 from Reikiko and Tactician's Roll.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-30 08:15:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure you can afford to wear it while still taking little/no damage, but if you have the option, Roller's Ring (if you have an 11), Karieyh Ring (if you picked this Adoulin ring), Bastok medal (if you're from Bastok) are options.
By Taint 2024-05-30 08:24:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I just use Reikiko since my Tacticians always gets dispeled. Reikiko, Soda spam, Tincture and Wing.

This is my aminion set. Make sure your back is against an object or you get knocked back pretty often.

ItemSet 395694
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-30 08:39:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Lunette ring latent is while weapon is drawn, are you engaged and turned away from her all the time, to activate the latent?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-30 08:56:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Lunette is always active as long as user has mp to drain

I don't know why BG says weapon drawn
[+]
 Bahamut.Zedoma
Server: Bahamut
user: zedoma
By Bahamut.Zedoma 2024-05-30 09:04:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Switching to Nyame on head, gloves and feet will raise your INT to lower damage taken further. Pants and back reserved for dashing/philidor.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 155 156 157 158 159