Sigurd's Descendants: The Art Of Dragon Slaying.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
First Page 2 3 ... 111 112 113
By Atrox78 2023-12-12 02:30:30
Link | Quote | Reply

All wsd with str and vit crammed in everywhere else is what ive been using for Diarmuid. Always try to get north of 2k tp. Pdl gear seems to do very little.

And yea, the double or tripple dmg on the first hit of the attack round is the same as it was on relics.

This is with stage 4 only. Not sure if things change at stage 5 yet.
By jubes 2024-01-09 16:35:11
Link | Quote | Reply

can anyone post some (hybrid) tp sets for ody and sortie type content. i'm used to jobs with malignance or sakpata that provide plenty of meva, do drg do any path A nyame or what?

considering something along these lines, undecided about head and feet.

ItemSet 394400
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-01-09 19:49:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Meva might not be great (can change the head/feet if you want a bit more), but this has capped DT and MDB while still having good MA/STP.

ItemSet 394401
By jubes 2024-01-09 20:10:23
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah odin head makes the most sense, but was hoping there was something better for feet. also i have 0 rp on gleti atm, but its on my radar.

also that set is 23% haste if i counted correctly. oh still new to drg, might not matter with ja haste.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-01-09 20:21:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Yup, if you have subjobs 23% haste is more than enough. You'll need to adjust this a little bit if you're using Naegling or have no subjob.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [43 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-02-21 09:12:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm doing Segments on DRG/DNC with full buffs and when I get to skeletons I switch to staff. Retribution is ~40k, but Full Swing can go 70k+. I don't have a way to explain that if I'm using BGs numbers for both WSs. I get a similar gap between the WSs on bats in KRT with trusts.

ItemSet 394843

That's the set I'm using for both.
[+]
 Asura.Chendar
Server: Asura
user: chendar
By Asura.Chendar 2024-02-21 09:27:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, have similar experiences. Full swing scales a lot higher than wiki suggests I think. It's pretty mediocre at 1k TP though.
By Nariont 2024-02-21 09:30:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Jp wiki has it listed as 1/3/9 ftp at 1k/2k/3k so yeah massive swing at 2k+

https://wiki.ffo.jp/html/1251.html
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-02-21 10:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah that lines up with what I would expect to see. I was questioning if it was ftp replicating, but I could still hit 60k+ on mobs with low HP and the top end was very consistent.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [91 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-05-22 08:33:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I am close to stage 4 Gae Buide. Is there any use for Ryunohige in the current era after I've got that?
By Atrox78 2024-05-22 11:51:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Iocus said: »
I am close to stage 4 Gae Buide. Is there any use for Ryunohige in the current era after I've got that?

Kind of? It's still a decent zerg weapon if you have the pdl and geltis augs to back it up. It's also great for light but so is trishula which should be easier to get nowadays. I don't use mine much unless I'm cping solo and feel like having the am. You definitely don't need it though. Gae buide is pretty insane and really can be the only polearm you ever use. It's definitely the best lockstyle though imo.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2024-05-22 13:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish I could mix and match wep model and after glow effect. I wanna lockstyle Ryu, or Valk fork, but still get my purple glow.
[+]
By Atrox78 2024-05-24 10:27:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
I wish I could mix and match wep model and after glow effect. I wanna lockstyle Ryu, or Valk fork, but still get my purple glow.

Agree with that though I don't mind mythic AG. Atleast it's not pee yellow lol

Question, how significant is the dmg increase between stage 4 and stage 5? Im hitting capped damage more times then not over 2k tp with stage 4. Are you able to push the tp threshold pre 2k tp for capped dmg or, is it really only just a significant white damage increase? Working on my mine but my static hasnt figured out Aminon yet. Had the muffins but went ahead and staged 4 the scythe specifically for aminon. (Assuming you've gotten stage 5).
 Valefor.Philemon
Server: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2024-05-24 10:42:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm with you, got the stage 4 polearm and I do wonder how much better it could be. With that said, I have a hard time justifying upgrading anything but the horn to stage 5 versus more stage 4's.
[+]
 Shiva.Myamoto
Server: Shiva
user: Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2024-05-24 11:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Philemon said: »
I'm with you, got the stage 4 polearm and I do wonder how much better it could be. With that said, I have a hard time justifying upgrading anything but the horn to stage 5 versus more stage 4's.

but... buttt... glowy!?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-24 11:52:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Philemon said: »

It's difficult to weigh "worth it" when talking about doing st5 vs doing a other st4 because they're different weapons and (in most cases) for different jobs.

I've had this discussion with my friends a bunch of times and my point to them in favor of doing st5 is:
Is stage 4 your best weapon, either all the time or in some scenarios?
If yes, then stage 5 is making your best weapon even better. How could this possibly not be an upgrade?

It's a bit like not R15ing a weapon in favor of making another one. Sure it gives you more flexibility, but you're gimping that other weapon to do so. Maybe in the case of you jobs and weapons you need the new weapon more than you need to further upgrade your first one, but that's not really a call anyone but you can make. I don't think it should be viewed as WSing at 1600 vs 2k, I think it should be viewed as hitting 99k with fewer buffs, getting more ta, more white damage, and just generally improving the performance of a weapon you're already going to be using anyway. Is that worth more than getting a GKT? Up to you
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2024-05-24 12:09:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Atrox78 said: »
Question, how significant is the dmg increase between stage 4 and stage 5? Im hitting capped damage more times then not over 2k tp with stage 4. Are you able to push the tp threshold pre 2k tp for capped dmg or, is it really only just a significant white damage increase? Working on my mine but my static hasnt figured out Aminon yet. Had the muffins but went ahead and staged 4 the scythe specifically for aminon. (Assuming you've gotten stage 5).
By spreadsheet numbers, take it with a grain of salt, I have Stage 5 at roughly ~10% dps gain vs stage 4. (Atk overcapped and making full use of all PDL.) And that's without adjusting WS TP thresholds, since WS dmg with current settings is near cap, but not actually hitting 99k. If you can start WS'ing at lower TP and still cap, then that's a WS frequency gain, which will boost DPS further.

In terms of live testing, I haven't got much aside from a few small sample size anecdotes. I hardly get to actually use DRG for anything. Stuck in sortie on RUN forever.

Still, in the few cases that I do get to use DRG, it's been pretty satisfying so far. <,<
[+]
By Dodik 2024-05-24 14:03:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Non-scientifically - hitting cap is a lot easier with stage 5 than stage 4.

YMMV.
[+]
By Taint 2024-05-24 15:44:51
Link | Quote | Reply

DMG:364 Delay:492 STR+30 VIT+30 Accuracy+30 Magic Accuracy+30 Polearm skill +269 Parrying skill +269 Magic Accuracy skill +269 "Double Attack"+7% Wyvern: Accuracy+30 Magic Accuracy+30 Lv. +2 Diarmuid Aftermath: Physical damage limit+

DMG:383 Delay:492 STR+35 VIT+35 Accuracy+35 Magic Accuracy+35 Polearm skill +277 Parrying skill +277 Magic Accuracy skill +277 "Double Attack"+10% Wyvern: Accuracy+35 Magic Accuracy+35 Lv. +3 Diarmuid Aftermath: Physical damage limit+

Seems like a sizable improvement especially with the ODD going to ODT.
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-05-24 19:27:47
Link | Quote | Reply

And look how stronk that Wyvern is!
By Atrox78 2024-05-25 06:31:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Atrox78 said: »
By spreadsheet numbers, take it with a grain of salt, I have Stage 5 at roughly ~10% dps gain vs stage 4. (Atk overcapped and making full use of all PDL.) And that's without adjusting WS TP thresholds, since WS dmg with current settings is near cap, but not actually hitting 99k. If you can start WS'ing at lower TP and still cap, then that's a WS frequency gain, which will boost DPS further.

In terms of live testing, I haven't got much aside from a few small sample size anecdotes. I hardly get to actually use DRG for
anything. Stuck in sortie on RUN forever.

Still, in the few cases that I do get to use DRG, it's been pretty satisfying so far. <,<

Thank you for the input! I completely intend on taking it to stage 5, even if it's the only one I do. Was just curious about the uptick since even stage 4 is incredibly strong. It was very hard for me to cave in and get the scythe instead if keeping my muffins for gae buide but Im stuck on drk most times for sortie and my group definitely needs better dmg on Animon.
By neonrage 2024-05-28 11:51:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Iocus said: »
I'm doing Segments on DRG/DNC with full buffs and when I get to skeletons I switch to staff. Retribution is ~40k, but Full Swing can go 70k+. I don't have a way to explain that if I'm using BGs numbers for both WSs. I get a similar gap between the WSs on bats in KRT with trusts.

ItemSet 394843

That's the set I'm using for both.

Does /DNC out perform /WAR for segments? What do you offhand with Naegling?
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-28 11:53:40
Link | Quote | Reply

DRG/DNC in segments is Naegling/Kraken Club. If you don't have a KC, it's a terrible subjob for DRG
[+]
By Atrox78 2024-05-28 12:17:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
DRG/DNC in segments is Naegling/Kraken Club. If you don't have a KC, it's a terrible subjob for DRG

I'd say it's a terrible subjob period. Same with war. Just use /sam. Still hit 80k savage blades one handing naegling and two handed weapons don't suffer
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-05-28 13:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

DRG/DNC is worth playing on if you already have the Kraken Club for segments because slash resistant mobs are almost non-existent. I am not pretending I have a use for it elsewhere or that people should go out of their way to pick up a Kraken Club to play DRG.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-28 13:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

The drg/dnc with kraken is dropping atleast twice as many savages as you are
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-28 13:42:27
Link | Quote | Reply

By K123 2024-05-28 14:33:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I've not seen a DRG doing 80k average savage blade. Any reason they would average higher than WAR? Pretty sure even with the best buffs you're gonna get 55-58k average in Sheol C
By Taint 2024-05-28 14:36:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
The drg/dnc with kraken is dropping atleast twice as many savages as you are

KClub DRG in Odyssey is borderline hilarious. The overkill damage is extreme.

DRG 65k Savage > mob drops to 10% > 65K Savage.
WAR 80k Savage > mob dead

DRG wins parse by 50% and pounds chest.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-28 14:37:03
Link | Quote | Reply

K123 said: »
I've not seen a DRG doing 80k average savage blade. Any reason they would average higher than WAR? Pretty sure even with the best buffs you're gonna get 55-58k average in Sheol C

WS Dmg traits

Mostly. Conserve TP doesn't help with WS avg, but will help with frequency. DRG is a savage blade monster.

Also: mobs don't have over 65k HP (except Agon mobs) until the last floor, so I wouldn't say DRG doing 65k SB are getting 2 WS per mob. If you are, you should just wait for slightly higher TP until you are 1-shotting more reliably rather than WSing twice, which would be much slower.
First Page 2 3 ... 111 112 113