Super Soloing!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » Super Soloing!
Super Soloing!
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 18 19 20
 Bismarck.Yuzumoo
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Yuzuchan
By Bismarck.Yuzumoo 2011-01-20 03:41:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Props to you if you indeed soloed Yaanei. I went up there to try and had one hell of a time doing it. Died two times before I got backup.

I tried with a monk on the sidelines controlling his character and a red mage mule. I died once again to Yaanei when it was around 45%. It hit me with Hellish Crescendo and the followed up right away with Stonega IV. The monk then went in and finished it off with a fanatics+2hr zerg.

I somehow managed to stagger it with red and blue before I went down~ Got the bonnet to drop, happy times ^-^v
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-01-20 07:43:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Blah, we can't store all these annoying mediocre JSE earrings though.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
Server: Asura
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-01-21 01:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

i know this isnt soloing, but i just duo'd orthrus with a whm, very fun.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Verona
Server: Siren
user: Verona
By Siren.Verona 2011-01-21 18:09:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Not been playing FFXI much since Christmas. Trying to get back into soloing stuff because that's always fun. Soloed Megantereon and that doll NM in Altepa. Both pretty trivial, but there is a massive luck factor in killing Megantereon. Also did a pop set for Sobek but I guess I'll still need some help for that, if just to proc !!. Not soloed anything game changing, just been trying to have fun with the game again.

Anyway, been wondering how people have been getting body seals. Are any of the NM's soloable?
 Titan.Lillica
Server: Titan
user: Lillica
By Titan.Lillica 2011-01-21 21:17:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Old news for most but.... I finally solo'd Ovni!

I just got my second lunar 2 days ago and go VV today so I gave it a go and it was much easier and actually successful!
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2011-01-23 12:46:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Verona said:
Anyway, been wondering how people have been getting body seals. Are any of the NM's soloable?

Two of them are iron giants (Grauberg and Uleguerand). By far not soloable. The Uleguerand one is a *** in a very inconvenient area, the Grauberg one a bit less so (I'd suggest that one if you want to take on an iron giant).

The third option for body seals is Amarok, the T1 Cerberus in Altepa. He's not too bad, although I'm not really sure about soloable. He definitely misses a lot, as I tanked on THF without shadows (was trying to proc on BLU on another screen), but he can paralyze and his TP moves do quite a bit of damage, although I didn't have fire resist atma on.

To be honest, I wouldn't recommend doing body seals without a fair chance of yellow proc. Even with yellow proc and THF, I most often see 1-2 seals. Without yellow and with THF, I see a lot of 0-1 seals. That being said, also keep in mind both of these monsters are a tad annoying to proc on--you can't proc on iron giants when they do the downward swing and you can't proc on cerbs when they howl.

Good luck, DNC body seals are definitely one of the more annoying ones to get done. I had my jewels long before I finally got the seals.

Edit: By the way, I wouldn't be surprised if Fuath was soloable by DNC (for ardor jewels). She spams TP moves like crazy, but has really, really low accuracy. But drop rate can be pretty terrible as well.
By Laeticia 2011-01-25 16:48:12
Link | Quote | Reply

finally got sippoy lol. reason it took so long is i duoed all the wotg missions with a friend for the future fabulous atma. seems to be mdb +40. his blizzaga IVs which previous did 2010 did about 1200. he was way tougher than the others, also because of having to use mdb atma for instant cast ga IVs, thats 1 less evasion atma or so. iratham is next for 4/4. 1/1 attempt on sippoy with future fabulous, made a huge difference.

edit: oh yeah didnt use fanatics/fools/screens etc (and obviously not brew...)

another edit: just soloed iratham, same deal. no fanat fools megalixir, screens brew etc. i did use a carbonara for food though, because i knew his spells and shadow wreck were nuts. hes actually easier in a way because he does no aoe enfeebles, but does AM1s (and freeze 2 later), which gives you tons of time to WS, reverse flourish and rebuild steps. his spells however are WAY MORE potent, blizzaga IV for 1850+ with mdb superior. incredibly fun and tense fight, thought i was dying at 1%. had bio3 amnesia and curse on, but meleed him and ended with 287 hp.

happy hunting, and future fabulous atma is amazing
 Leviathan.Alkalinejoe
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Alkalinejoe 2011-02-04 17:58:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Soloed that Coarse NM in tahrongi for Serpentes Cuffs (and they dropped, finally 2/2!). Was easy, just time consuming since you can only damage him during spells.
[+]
By Laeticia 2011-02-07 11:56:11
Link | Quote | Reply

oh soloed briareus a decent number of times, just use stutter step and stun mercurial strike (and non-2hred colossal slam). if he 2hrs due to poorly timed mercurial / missed flourish + 1111 damage you HAVE to run, which can make it go unclaimed. kinda crappy but hey you do what you have to. even if slam hits you once, you get zombied but he cant hit you with melee anyways so just dont panic.

oddly the ice gigas for KI is a much scarier fight solo to me, due to moribund hack (can be stunned but if it isnt due to unlucky flourish miss/timing, you get knocked to 6 hp + paralyzed). the move can be prevented by camping stun for ice roar, but bad luck happens.

edit: oh yeah also soloed the ironclad executioner (whatever the vunkerl one is) for some guy's belt. i didnt let him help or buff me in any way, i wanted to solo. that fight was fun as hell. amnesia kick is annoying. did not kit at all, straight tank whole time.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-02-07 12:05:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Laeticia said:
if he 2hrs due to poorly timed mercurial / missed flourish + 1111 damage you HAVE to run, which can make it go unclaimed.
It's only going to go unclaimed if you run too far, which is a waste of time. Run just out of range of Colossal Slam, let him start the next one, run out of range, one more time, then start meleeing again.

Also, going to emphasize what Laeticia said: he's *** blind. This is 80 cap content. Take off the Ohat and ***, put on your DD gear, use Haste Samba (even Saber Dance if you're good with stun!), WS freely, and kill him in a reasonable timeframe. When I was working on my helms there were always multiple groups around and if a solo/duo showed up that decided to fight him in eva gear rather than going all-out it was really frustrating because we had to sit on our *** while they took all day to kill him. Took me 5 minutes to duo NIN + WHM, DNC should not be taking 30 minutes (yet one did...).
By Laeticia 2011-02-07 12:20:27
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah i dont use windower so i dont "know" how far to run, basically trying to stay engaged so it doesnt unclaim. if you put weapons away, yellow it goes. also if slam hits you while running it may go unclaimed since it knocks you WAY back and makes you disengage.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-02-07 12:30:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Laeticia said:
yeah i dont use windower so i dont "know" how far to run, basically trying to stay engaged so it doesnt unclaim. if you put weapons away, yellow it goes. also if slam hits you while running it may go unclaimed since it knocks you WAY back and makes you disengage.
You don't need Windower to know. If you can't reliably eyeball it, use the radar (I'm assuming you're /NIN here). If Briareus' dot is off the radar, you're definitely safe from Colossal Slam (you're a bit over 25' away, range is <20'). Never been hit while running, though I've seen it happen once or twice when people were slow to notice Mercurial Strike damage.
 Ramuh.Urial
Server: Ramuh
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2011-02-07 12:35:12
Link | Quote | Reply

So just for refence what is the time frame for soloing these as DNC as well as time for building pop sets.

Also in b4"oh wow urial is still alive"
Hi Lae.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-02-07 13:34:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Urial said:
So just for refence what is the time frame for soloing these as DNC as well as time for building pop sets.

Also in b4"oh wow urial is still alive"
Hi Lae.
I'd guess 7-10 minutes per Briareus depending on gear and how good you are at stunning TP moves. Building a pop is substantially more time-consuming because you don't have many red procs, not to mention Grandgousier and Pantagruel are annoying as ***.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Server: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-02-13 18:05:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Varney and some friends~

Aggroed him by accident while trying to pop the T2 VNM. Didn't do this for seals, although the KI was nice.

Soloed the T2 after this, got the Crimson Abyssite and proceeded to obtain my +2 BLM shoes :)
[+]
By Laeticia 2011-02-15 23:10:39
Link | Quote | Reply

soloed hedjedjet to 1% then died. good times

edit got revenge 30 min later. full solo, no brew, fanat, etc. tense as hell
By azuark 2011-02-19 16:21:38
Link | Quote | Reply

How exactly was the soloing of Yaanei done? like gear/Atma ^^;
 Odin.Upbeat
Server: Odin
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-02-19 17:06:30
Link | Quote | Reply

azuark said:
How exactly was the soloing of Yaanei done? like gear/Atma ^^;

Not sure about Yaanei, but I was able to hold Iratham for over an hour on NIN/RDM solo so you might be able to use the same process.

I wasn't dealing any DMG to it just wanted to see if I could hold it, and it was very easy to do with: -50% PDT, -23% MDT, Keeping SS/shadows up, Barfire, Mounted Champion, Vicissitude, and MM.

Once you start attacking, and it uses TP moves It'll be a little harder. I suppose you can just only fight when Migawari is up, but it's going to be a long looooonnng fight.
By Laeticia 2011-02-19 21:17:34
Link | Quote | Reply

holding is way dif than actually killing. for yaanei i used GH/RR/siren shadow. resist para major is ... majorly helpful as one of their fav tp moves paras you. +50 agi and +40 evasion ensures youll have time to melee/ws and not just be counting shadows entire time. only thing id change is siren shadow to future fabulous for mdb.
By Laeticia 2011-03-03 00:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

zirnitra in xarc_s as dnc/whm. hightail bullet and ebur pigment wee

p.s. finished 90 twash, fun stuff
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-03 00:49:39
Link | Quote | Reply

i've done it /nin (so im a bit familiar with how the fight goes) which leads me to wonder why exactly are you sub whm for zirnitra
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-03 00:53:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Raeticia is crazy like that
By Laeticia 2011-03-03 00:56:25
Link | Quote | Reply

if you dont get lucky he spams calamatous wind (as many times as reaving wind) at low hp, up to 3x in a row. he will draw you in if you run out of its range, and it hits quite far. the attack can easily do 900. if he does that 3x, you will need a DS cure IV after waltz V, as the cooldown is huge. all his aoe and silencega strips shadows so /nin is pretty useless. his melee acc isnt very high and doesnt hit hard, but his tp moves are very strong and go through shadows anyways. shell 2 and baraera help against most of his attacks (except calamatous which strips all buffs too..). you must have gotten really lucky, i'm not talking about "greater amphitere" here.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-03 01:35:42
Link | Quote | Reply

im talking about zirnitra (see my page for SS). shadows aren't really useless since if you maintain a high subtle blow set you shouldn't have to worry TOO much about his aoe's, and silence affects both subs equally. as for his winds it gets simple once you figure out how his attack patterns are, i fought him a million times at 75, granted never won solo i was able to figure out how it does his winds. generally after his push-back wind you will want to stand there and want him to come to you, the wind should push you just out of calamitous wind's range and he wont use it or he will use it and not affect you. the trick to the fight is to NOT get hit by calamitous wind.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-03-03 01:39:15
Link | Quote | Reply

pretty sure silencega was in regards to the aoe stripping shadows
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-03 01:40:54
Link | Quote | Reply

and i pointed that out that it affects /whm just as much as /nin, solution would be echo drops.
By Laeticia 2011-03-03 01:42:01
Link | Quote | Reply

point being /nin utsusemi shadows useless as it clears them constantly (with silencega) but can barely ever hit you melee ... the actual "silence" being irrelevent
 Ramuh.Lorzy
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-03-03 01:44:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
and i pointed that out that it affects /whm just as much as /nin, solution would be echo drops.
i know that, was saying what lae just explained above, it's not about silence, it was part of the argument that aoe strips shadows.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-03 01:46:06
Link | Quote | Reply

it hardly ever uses it to be honest, i'd say every minute or so it does it.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 18 19 20