Super Soloing!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » Super Soloing!
Super Soloing!
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 18 19 20
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-01-16 15:18:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know, but I'll probably end up finding out. -_-;

Also Lilica, it depends which number you're talking about. The black ones by Yuna's status effects are the StatusTimer plugin for windower. The other ones are, I believe, the Yarnball plugin for windower.

Statustimer counts down from the duration of the buff, which you can set for buffs with variable duration, but if the buff lasts longer than that (like if you use it again before it wears off) then it starts counting up.

Yarnball counts down from the last usage. Again, you can re-define the interval between buffs if it's variable (like for Fan Dance). I don't actually use this one, because I find it's more clutter than it's worth.
 Titan.Lillica
Server: Titan
user: Lillica
By Titan.Lillica 2011-01-16 15:26:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I meant the number at the top, really anything would be helpful to me I think. I have a bad habit of forgetting how much longer I have before I can use skills again. Also would be nice when fan dance gets wiped to know how long I might as well use sambas until its up again.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-01-16 16:09:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd go with the Recast plugin then, which actually may be the white text on Yuna's screen. I'm not sure!

In other news, Rudra's stats on ffwiki were probably wrong. 3.25 fTP / 60% DEX seems to fit it (and the general Empyreal WS trend) much better.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
Server: Asura
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-01-16 16:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

yes thats the recast plugin.

also just brewed azdaja, couldnt get yellow only got one coin and shadow belt (which is quite nice for rudra/evis i might add) he didnt do the the dispel thing but he or the surrounding skeletons managed to sleep me >.>;;;
 Asura.Eeek
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2011-01-17 13:46:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Asymptotic said:
I just soloed a Feuerunke for my dagger trial.
It was really slow and really miserable.

Only 5 more to go. /wrists

Earlier today, I took my first stab at soloing Feuerunke. It's a long fight that, during the course of battle, ranges from generally dull to absolutely rage-inducing.

This happens all too often:

This doesn't happen often, but the lost potential damage from another WS just hurts:

I don't know when it happens (<25% HP, <20%HP, <10% HP), but the pairing of Slowga with a TP move during Hundred Fists is brutal. I've tried the fight twice, and both time I died at ~4% by eating an Abyss Blast near the tail end of a Fan Dance. :/

I'll get the hang of it soon enough, but goddamn is this fight annoying.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-01-17 14:03:40
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have the capabilities, get a mage friend and it will all go much smoother. I'd build TP and Finishing moves on something nearby, pop the toad and do two quick Aeolian Edges. One more AE for hate and I'd build TP/Finishing up again. Then my friend would trigger HF with a nuke or two (but not pull hate).

While in HF he takes full damage, so as long as you can survive and do 20% damage while he's in HF you can murder him in short order while your friend casts Cure 4 on you. Bring a second evasion-heavy DD and it's really smooth.
 Asura.Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2011-01-17 14:12:55
Link | Quote | Reply

That's a good idea. I may have to try that later on today when a friend wakes up from her nap. I'm hard-headed though, so I'll probably make a few more attempts at soloing it.

While outside smoking, I just had a similar idea. Near the 10% mark (while solo), I want to try holding TP and 5 FMs until the NM uses Hundred Fists. I'm thinking DE -> DE Scission will take off the last 10% in a hurry. I'd use Pyrrhic Kleos and Evisceration, but even after 20+ Nyzul runs (killing all NMs), the DNC dagger just will not drop.

On a side note, is it still worthwhile to unlock Pyrrhic Kleos after gaining access to Rudra's Storm? I'm sure it's nice to still be able to self-darkness while using two AGI kilas, but are there other situations that I'm missing?
 Ragnarok.Matix
Server: Ragnarok
user: Matix
By Ragnarok.Matix 2011-01-17 14:20:08
Link | Quote | Reply

if you have rng(or any other ranged dd for that matter) soloing fuerenke can tank minutes using the trees, can do ruthven the same way if u got cursna/holy water/someone to hold claim while rr from doom lol, that is how my friend did his dagger trial
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-01-17 14:20:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I find that Pyrrhic outdamages Rudra's most of the time unless stacked with Striking Flourish. You know that you can force a DNC dagger drop by having someone on DNC warp you up to floor 96, right?

If you have Rudra's access already, it would be a very quick trial to finish.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-01-17 14:47:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Really the trick to Mr. Fire Toad is to be sure to have a fresh Fan Dance ready for Hundred Fists. It also really helps to have the waltz delay -2 moogle hat.

Even when possible, I wouldn't WS twice during Hundred Fists because then he'd tend to use it 2x in a row and either kill me or come really close to it.

(The exception to this is low HP, when I'd just try to zerg it down during its 2hrs)
 Asura.Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2011-01-17 16:28:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said:
I find that Pyrrhic outdamages Rudra's most of the time unless stacked with Striking Flourish. You know that you can force a DNC dagger drop by having someone on DNC warp you up to floor 96, right?

If you have Rudra's access already, it would be a very quick trial to finish.

Until yesterday, I haven't had any 75+ DNC friends with a Floor100 Disc (my disc is Floor71). I imagine we'll farm up some Nyzul DNC daggers at some point after she dings 90 as she does have a Floor100 disc.

To be perfectly honest, I had THF in mind, as opposed to DNC, when I started the dagger (although it obviously has its perks for DNC). Outside of using it in conjunction with Striking Flourish, I saw Rudra's Storm as a pseudo-replacement for Pyrrhic Kleos in a self-skillchain (although the properties aren't exactly the same). Obviously, I don't have the dagger or WS done, so I have not had the chance to play with it and see what else I can do with it. I'm curious to see what can be done with both weaponskills.

I know I'll unlock Pyrrhic at some point if for no other reason than it bugs me not to see it in my WS menu. :P
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-01-17 16:51:04
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't actually need the person to be 75. As long as they're 50+, I think, they can take you up.
 Asura.Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2011-01-17 16:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said:
You don't actually need the person to be 75. As long as they're 50+, I think, they can take you up.

Oh wow...I had no idea. I always assumed, probably for no real reason, that one had to be 75+ to initiate Nyzul Isle. I stand corrected.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-01-17 23:54:41
Link | Quote | Reply

wtf did you guys do for your +1 body seals? this is getting pretty *** rediculous..... im about 20 kills on cerb (with yellow i might add and a bunch with th9/10) and i've seen 1 seal.
 Asura.Matzilla
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-01-18 00:06:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
wtf did you guys do for your +1 body seals? this is getting pretty *** rediculous..... im about 20 kills on cerb (with yellow i might add and a bunch with th9/10) and i've seen 1 seal.

we got a bunch lastnight, I personally tossed 4 '-')/
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-01-18 00:16:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Matzilla said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:

we got a bunch lastnight, I personally tossed 4 '-')/
QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

if you go kill him again and dnc seals drop can you spare them to me :(
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-18 00:44:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Needs more grellow!
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-01-18 01:07:25
Link | Quote | Reply

You wasted all your JP button on sticking Ninjutsu, and there was none left to make Minicerb drop DNC seals.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-01-18 06:22:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I got all mine from Minicerb. 75 Claws worth or Orthrus, I finished my DNC body within the last 10 claws.

Now that I think about it, I also got two body seals from Dominion Ops.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-01-18 08:21:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said:
I got all mine from Minicerb. 75 Claws worth or Orthrus, I finished my DNC body within the last 10 claws.

Now that I think about it, I also got two body seals from Dominion Ops.

I got mine within 13 orthrus claws :x
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-01-18 16:16:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shogunazzazzin
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shogunazzazzin 2011-01-19 02:17:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Need some advice from the Veteran DNCs out there. Which is the best option for 2nd dagger for my dnc for solo purposes, Daka+2 or Parazonium +2 w/ Oca Att 2-4x.
 Ramuh.Lilsanchez
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Lilsanchez 2011-01-19 02:25:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shogunazzazzin said:
Need some advice from the Veteran DNCs out there. Which is the best option for 2nd dagger for my dnc for solo purposes, Daka+2 or Parazonium +2 w/ Oca Att 2-4x.

Depends on situation I suppose, but for super soloing the Occ. Atk 2-4 times.
By Laeticia 2011-01-19 06:01:09
Link | Quote | Reply

soloed kutharei and yaanei tonight. died attempting to solo sippoy (the easiest one?). i used megalixir on kutharei after his hp to 1 move at 5% (really didnt want to blow it at the end), otherwise used lucid potion 1 only the entire fight. yaanei was no meds, literally. attempted to use no meds on sippoy, ironically because sippoy has no "special move", he spams the amnesia move, which is actually worse. he did malign invocation w/e (1100 damage + amnesia) then waterga IV. i could have potioned but didnt. besieger's bane is no danger at all. you are terrored and zombie but the thing cant hit you anyways. turn to avoid giving it more tp after terror and waltz the bio and wait out the curse. yaanei was by far the easiest.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-01-19 09:44:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome to hear. Aias Bonnet here I come!
By Laeticia 2011-01-19 15:34:41
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah funny enough i had all 3 items already (ferine neck and rdm back stored in npc) so i dropped both of those. just fought him to see if i could. getting revenge on sippoy tonight, and iratham is next. worst move they do is the normal caturae move that does amnesia and the ga IVs. sippoy the "pawn" is the one with super fast cast, making him toughest to solo oddly. (since you have no shell solo, also i didnt use any "screens")

edit: i dont use windower or any program so my screenshots are the scroll lock -> print screen ones, however i may post them (doubt they are even helpful or proof lol)
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-01-19 15:38:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Whooooah, we can store AF3 accessories? You've done gone and blown my mind.
By Laeticia 2011-01-20 01:00:47
Link | Quote | Reply

you have no idea. you can store most of all gear now from sky, abjs, hnms, sea, znm, salvage, af3, dynamis.... list is endless. it was an amazing gift of like 100 more inventory slots.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Laeticia 2011-01-20 01:16:21
Link | Quote | Reply

hm yeah nice idea that would have made it easier. only thing is they got a dispel aoe + damage + knockback, however its definitely a great idea. sippoy blizzaga IV 2010 damage . . .
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 18 19 20