Forum » FFXI » General » Mages vs. Brainless DDs
Mages vs. Brainless DDs
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-04-27 04:56:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Shitty Tanks. Just throwing that out there. Gonna leave now, have fun.
 Fenrir.Fdeath
Server: Fenrir
user: FireDeath
By Fenrir.Fdeath 2010-04-27 05:05:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn is snowing outside... Who farted again and blow up the ozone...
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-04-27 05:23:21
Link | Quote | Reply

You live in Canananada. You don't need to go outside you have bags of milk.
[+]
By Roudidou 2010-04-28 18:53:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Brainless DD's dont really bother me. The people that really bother me are the people who are brainless that go afk mid fight AND start telling me how to do my job.

I was in a meripo a not long ago with an idiot sam... He wouldn't change from Hasso to Seigan + Third eye while spamming WSes on his poorly geared char at the beginning of fights. Not only that, but due to an error where i linked 3 Colibris and we barely made it out alive, while i was Ballad-ing the RDM, he made us waste our time trying to tell me what to do on BRD. (even though he had little expirience Meriting and/or had BRD leveled up to 70+)He said i wasn't doing my job by not pulling right now even though almost everyone in the party was in red HP except him (Of course because he afked in the middle of the link and left us to die)When i went afk while everyone was resting, he /sighed /telling me he was wasting his time waiting for us to gain HP back in a gimp pt with a gimp bard that couldn't keep songs on him (of course i told him that the reason that he din't get song was that he would never engage at the beginning of the fight. He would come in at about half hp and start attacking. The only times he would attack at the beginning, he would sekkanoki WS and go into red HP). When i got back and saw the tell, i told him to stop whining because he was the Ninja-afk man. He then got offended and left... We invited another SAM and had a kickass 37k/h PT.

I'm not just saying this as another example of a brainless DD, but an example of someone, weather it be a mage, support, DD or whatever, Should be considered Brainless.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-28 18:57:08
Link | Quote | Reply

If he was in a position to where he had to use third eye and couldn't fulltime hasso, and this guy you repped him with was using hasso like you were complaining this other guy wasn't doing, you were not making anywhere close to 37k/hr, unless you were using exp ring that is.
By Roudidou 2010-04-28 19:12:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
If he was in a position to where he had to use third eye and couldn't fulltime hasso, and this guy you repped him with was using hasso like you were complaining this other guy wasn't doing, you were not making anywhere close to 37k/hr, unless you were using exp ring that is.
You're Right. I made a mistake. We wer only able to do a 37k/H Pt once 2 another people left. Then the leader got 2 Relic bow sams spamming from his LS that spammed Namas Arrow ... Anyways, The point is, we couldint of had a decent party with the other guy slowing us down...

The 2 Relic Bow sams were so awsome, we were able to continue killing even after the Healer left. (No /whm's no Paeon's nothing :) )
[+]
By Roudidou 2010-04-28 19:14:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Roudidou said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
You're Right. I made a mistake. We wer only able to do a 37k/H Pt once 2 another people left. Then the leader got 2 Relic bow sams spamming from his LS that spammed Namas Arrow ... Anyways, The point is, we couldint of had a decent party with the other guy slowing us down...

The 2 Relic Bow sams were so awsome, we were able to continue killing even after the Healer left. (No /whm's no Paeon's nothing :) )
:)
 Sylph.Kyogi
user: Kyogi
By Sylph.Kyogi 2010-04-29 03:32:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Brainless DD's? Wow, tough day at the WHM office buddy? I really do hate when other DD's make us look bad. :/
 Fenrir.Fdeath
By Fenrir.Fdeath 2010-04-29 14:39:23
Link | Quote | Reply

37k/h Oo what do you kill, what camp???
 Ragnarok.Roudidou
Server: Ragnarok
user: Roudidou
By Ragnarok.Roudidou 2010-04-29 14:42:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Fdeath said:
Roudidou said:
Roudidou said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

:)

Sorry for asking but how you get 37k/h? Max i saw was ~30k ish /h due to lack of bird to pull everytime. no matter how fast you kill you will break chain due to no more bird to kill.
Roudidou said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

37k/h Oo what do you kill, what camp???

Well you need both free bird camps. When i couldn't get a pull due to birds being too far away, a SAM would pull for me
 Fenrir.Fdeath
By Fenrir.Fdeath 2010-04-29 14:55:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Roudidou said:
Well you need both free bird camps. When i couldn't get a pull due to birds being too far away, a SAM would pull for me

it makes sense, wish i had a PT like that ^^
 Sylph.Spency
user: Spencyono
By Sylph.Spency 2010-04-29 14:57:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had a party that parsed at 44k/hr or something at mamool. I think it was broken though cuz I can't imagine we'd get that much
 Sylph.Spiriel
user: Spiriel
By Sylph.Spiriel 2010-04-29 14:57:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Brainless players*

Bandwagon SAMs*

Anybody playing their jobs wrong is the root of the problem, not just a DD.

I hate tanks that just provoke when they lose hate, and otherwise sit there and melee. And of course, the immediate response is "well, SE should give us a WS that does some damage." You're not a DD, you're a tank. Your job is to keep hate on yourself through creative use of the tools you're given (JAs and magic), not to out-parse the SAMs in raw power.
[+]
 Hades.Amnesia
Server: Hades
user: Wishkah
By Hades.Amnesia 2010-04-29 15:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought one of the best ways to generate hate was through damage. >.>
 Phoenix.Mogue
Server: Phoenix
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2010-04-29 15:20:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Amnesia said:
I thought one of the best ways to generate hate was through damage. >.>

Obviously the sub-NQ smn you were replying to has never heard of Atonement.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-04-29 15:48:34
Link | Quote | Reply

A DD can't always WS at 100tp. If the mob has like 10% left then it's usually better to just wait until it dies and WS the next one at start.
 Fenrir.Fdeath
By Fenrir.Fdeath 2010-04-29 15:50:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Mabrook said:
I've done 45-50k /hr parties before. Although, that was with a Amanomurakumo and Kogarasumaru SAM.

Whenever I did get a party like that though we'd break every 30 mins for like 5 mins, then finish after a max of 2 hours ><;

i bet bet it was a good dream :)
 Seraph.Rafik
Server: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-04-29 15:54:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Jamjam said:
One of my peeves is that people are in awe when a tank/DD plays his job exceptionally well, but when a mage does equally well, it's expected or his efforts are neglected.

However, when the mage forgets to haste you for a minute because he has to go to the bathroom (or some other matter), he gets criticized but when a DD forgets to WS right at 100tp, it's okay.

Why is it okay for a DD, but not a mage?

Not talking about merit parties.

Um if you tanking on nin and have no thf or a not so great pld. The dd decide to ws at100tp. That dd is a fail mp sponge. Go ahead and ws before people get to voke/flash/sata see what happens.

In merit parties it is a different story
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-29 16:03:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Mabrook said:
I've done 45-50k /hr parties before. Although, that was with a Amanomurakumo and Kogarasumaru SAM.

Whenever I did get a party like that though we'd break every 30 mins for like 5 mins, then finish after a max of 2 hours ><;
Allied ring is amazing, huh?

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-29 16:36:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Mabrook said:
Jade entrance with those 2 relics, doeeeet! Then you'll see if it was a dream or not.

P.S. - only used COR roll.
You're lying. Physically not enough mobs at that camp to get 50k/hr. You could kill every mob in 5 seconds, you'd still get *** by waiting on repops.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-04-29 16:43:59
Link | Quote | Reply

If you used EXP watch then that's your problem.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Fdeath
By Fenrir.Fdeath 2010-04-29 17:01:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Mabrook said:
Ain't lying about the numbers the parse said, but I didn't get 5 merits in 1 hour if that's what your asking.

50k/h = 250 mob @ 200 exp each

4.16 mob kill per min.

~12 sec per kill max

need ~25 mob repop per 5 min.

Puk is not 200 exp. but you can average exp with cor @ 200 i guess.

dont forget 12 sec include the pull, the song and the kill. and you need keep doing that for 1 hours long.

is there even 25 mob there?
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
Server: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-04-29 17:05:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Donno why this thread just keeps going lol, but there are as many brainless mages as there are dd's. And I've seen good players have brainless moments. It's across the board really, although I'm pretty sure brainless dd's get a little more of a break than brainless mages or tanks.
 Unicorn.Onishi
Server: Unicorn
user: Ichise
By Unicorn.Onishi 2010-04-29 17:35:36
Link | Quote | Reply

"Brainless DDs" is an unfair generalization. There are good players, and bad players, dd/mage has little to do with it. DD/mage has even less to do with it when you consider that now and days most players(myself included) have both dd and mage jobs, and a lot have multiple jobs of each.

I will say, however, that bad mages tend to have more of an impact than bad dd because they usually have more responsibilities depending on the event/situation. So if your gripe is "boohoo, I have so much crap to do and dds get off easy" then stfo because you chose to level the job. If you want to be lazy then level a job that has fewer responsibilities.
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-04-29 18:03:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Last merit pt i ever had on RDM i had to comvert after the first Bird, yes the very first pull. DD`s didnt know how to avoid dmg, but if theres downtime in a pt its always the mages fault isnt it
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12